Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Moe2 Offline

Default Re: 2012

Everyone should watch this video, IT WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCyO56wK3QE
Old 05-28-2010, 01:55 AM
mightydes Offline

Send a message via MSN to mightydes Send a message via Skype™ to mightydes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe2 View Post
Everyone should watch this video, IT WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCyO56wK3QE
Dear God that was funny! I couldn't stop laughing! XD

Old 07-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Skylands Offline

I hate how people spread the misconception that the world is supposed to end in 2012. If you actually took the time to read a little on the matter, it's supposed to be a shift in the human conciousness that happens on December 21, 2012. If people can believe Armageddon is going to happen, I don't know why this can seem so ridiculous. Some people think the "global conciousness shift" is the doubling of information happening so rapidly that it expands into infinity. Look up the doubling of information on Google for further understanding. I'm not that great at explaining it, but it has to do with us moving into the age of technology.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

I am from the future and yes, the world has come to an end...prostitution is no longer legal in Las Vegas.

inb4infraction/postdeleted
Old 07-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
I hate how people spread the misconception that the world is supposed to end in 2012. If you actually took the time to read a little on the matter, it's supposed to be a shift in the human conciousness that happens on December 21, 2012. If people can believe Armageddon is going to happen, I don't know why this can seem so ridiculous. Some people think the "global conciousness shift" is the doubling of information happening so rapidly that it expands into infinity. Look up the doubling of information on Google for further understanding. I'm not that great at explaining it, but it has to do with us moving into the age of technology.
Still doesn't make any sense. Why should the Mayans be able to predict the coming of the technological singularity?

Oh, and btw, the tech singularity requires the invention of AIs smart enough to develop smarter AIs. That's when the singularity begins, when technological advancement is no longer dependent on human innovation. Until then, it's not going to happen. Because if anyone has ever played any video game with an AI... well, I shouldn't have to explain to you how far off we are from that.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I'm not reading any of the past post but I just want to say is that I don't believe in 2012... as well with the stupid 06/06/06 nonsense of the day of the devil. People keep telling me it's going to end 11:11...i'm not slapping science but this is my question... which time zone are we going to be following!? Japan is pretty much a day ahead of us ( speaking from the Mid West side of the United States ) and that for the people who are living in the east coast of the US is screaming it's 11:11 AM/PM... here in other parts of the world will follow their clock for 11:11

I'm sure whacky things will happen 2012 ( like every other year ) but it's not going to be the end of the world and when that day is over I'm going to laugh at the believers :p

Last edited by Mystogan; 07-19-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:26 PM
gpFish Offline

Send a message via MSN to gpFish

There has been many theories on when the world shall end. And none of them rang true. Also the prediction is ambiguous ; it can be interpreted differently amongst every individual. In a positive or a negative light.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEagle View Post
I'm sure whacky things will happen 2012 ( like every other year ) but it's not going to be the end of the world and when that day is over I'm going to laugh at the believers :p
This.
I couldn't have said it better myself. :P
Old 07-20-2010, 12:10 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

2012 is merely the next Y2K. 2000 was supposed to be the end, wasn't it? I guess to fight the recession, they invented 2012, a new "end of the world", so people will prepare by stockpiling and buying everything they need and desire.

Maybe I'll actually read through this thread and see what other people think.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:05 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

Speaking of Y2K, I read that it supposedly did happen to some computers. However, some people managed to get whatever software/hardware it was that they needed to prevent it from happening, but the whole mass-hysteria-deal was the "big deal" about it.

God, I will never understand people...taking things the wrong way. Then it just goes downhill from there--like the domino/snowball factor.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Sir Zephyrus Offline

I sense a zombie infection coming our way...
Old 07-22-2010, 09:08 AM
charizard ex Offline

Send a message via AIM to charizard ex Send a message via Skype™ to charizard ex

I don't believe in that my whole thing is how do we know the person that made the calendar just didn't get tired and decided he I'm going to be dead before then why does it matter how many years I list.

My FC: 4297-6886-2794

My trade thread:
http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=108706

Credit goes to Neeno

Battle Frontier Double Challenge Points: 40

Help get the pe2k Olympics approved by the mods

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

My belief is that if the world's going to end, there isn't a darn thing I can do about it. I might as well just live life until then like it isn't going to happen, because I really don't believe it will, and if it does, I'll just die with everyone else anyway. When there's something large-scale like that, there's nothing that I can do about it, so why worry?

Old 08-14-2010, 03:13 AM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

the only reason its 2012 is because they ran out of room on the rock

my friend said it was that and the year the mayans die out.

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm