Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 09-27-2011, 02:13 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Individual RP: ChainReaction01 (Woods)

NBP#1

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Ivy was spinning around in her rolling chair in her office that afternoon. There was nothing to really do, and she wasn't going to get roped into repainting all the potted plants or something strange like that. Instead, she locked herself away in her office under the guise of doing paperwork. She could state the only one page actually got done since she came in though. The majority of the time had been spent playing Freecell and Minesweeper instead of working.

Haji was sending amused feelings from his squishy bed up against the wall by her filing cabinet. The chair was his usual resting spot, but since she was using it, he had rested in the soft fabric instead of on her lap. The Ranger saw glimpses of the purple cat as she spun around and around. She suddenly jolted to a stop though as she heard the ding on her computer signify she had a new message.

She turned back and rolled closer to her desk, taking the mouse and clicking the message. It was the run board, showing a new sign up. She glanced over the details quickly and began to grin when she saw who it was. Jathan Einherjar. That was Chainy's little brother.

Rumor had it that he was a little freaked out by her, and what better way to spend the afternoon than shaking him up a bit?

She quickly hit 'accept' before anyone else could snipe it from her, and she couldn't stop smiling as she pushed her chair away from her desk and started gathering her supplies. She made sure her pockets were filled and her phone and rope were clipped in place before opening the door. She waited until Haji had trailed out behind her before shutting the door.

Ivy waved at secretaries and other Rangers as they exited the Outpost, waiting until they got outside to teleport. Jathan was going to show up at the Woods. It had been a long time since she went there, and what better reason to go there than to spend some time with one of her coworker's family members. She could see the ideas streaming through her head already.

The world blurred as Haji warped them to the Woods Outpost. Ivy looked at their usual bench that they sat on, but she decided not to wait there. Instead, she casually leaned against the building wall with her arms folded, waiting for Jathan to come. She wanted to make sure she caught the look on his face.

---

Current Battle Stats: N/A

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Chainy
15 Encounters Remaining
Area Effects: It's nice out.
Pokémon Encountered: None
Pokémon Captured: None
MCR: 0

Items: 4x Park Ball; 4x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 19x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; 7x Lava Cookie; Park Pass; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Digital Camera Zoom Lens; Heal Potion; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; Supreme Park Ball; Glossy Lens; High-Def Voice Disk (Scyther)

Pokémon Stats

Dual the Gallade (Male)
Serious Nature
Justified DW Ability
HM/TM: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, TM159-Bulldoze
BM/SM/MT: Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento, Zen Headbutt, Magic Coat

Koma the Bisharp (Male)
Brave Nature
Defiant Ability
HM/TM: HM01-Cut, TM06-Toxic, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM95-Taunt, TM98-Brick Break, TM125-Rock Polish, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor
BM/SM/MT: Psycho Cut, Sucker Punch

Saya the Ninetales (Female)
Gentle Nature
DW Drought Ability
HM/TM: TM22-Solarbeam, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM108-Energy Ball, TM111-Overheat
BM/SM/MT: N/A

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 09-27-2011, 02:33 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01
Default Re: Individual RP: ChainReaction01 (Woods)

I was very excited to come back to the Park, but especially to the Woods. My first ever real adventure as a Trainer had been here, in the Woods on the National Park. Back then, Dual had been but a Ralts, and it had been a real challenge for us both to get through the entire expedition. I couldn't say that it hadn't been the most fun I'd ever had, though, and sometimes I missed the excitement of exploring unfamiliar terrain. However, I was content with my life as a Breeder, and the little vacations I took to visit Dual sated the wanderlust that was present in most of our family.

Dual was by my side as we walked down the path to the Woods. We had an interesting relationship. He was my first Pokemon ever, and I had never been as close to any Pokemon as I had been to him. However, he officially didn't belong to me any more - his Trainer was now my older brother James, one of the Elite Rangers here in the Park. Soon after I had made the decision to become a Breeder, it had become obvious that my Gallade was discontent with the slow quiet lifestyle, and James had offered to look after him in my stead. It felt strange to see my closest friend spend time with and grow closer to my brother more so than me, but it didn't bother me because I knew I'd always have a special place in his heart, like he had in mine.

"I wonder if my brother will be the one Rangering me today," I wondered aloud.

<No, he got bogged down by paperwork at the last second,> Dual responded as we approached the gates, which were already open.

"Yeah, that sounds like him. I wonder who'll be taking me then."

<You can see for yourself,> Dual grinned as we walked through, pointing towards a person leaning against the Outpost. I followed his finger with my eyes, and immediately a cold sweat broke out on my forehead. My mouth hung a little open and a slight blush rose along my cheeks and my forehead. It was that Ranger, Ivy, the one Dual liked and the one James had warned me about.

After a second or so I realised that she was watching me, and my blush grew even more pronounced. I closed my mouth and wiped my forehead with my hand. I trotted quickly over to the lady and bowed low in front of her, hiding my face.

"It's nice to see you again, Miss Frost," I squeaked, avoiding eye contact.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 09-29-2011, 12:09 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#2

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Ivy watched as Jathan approached, not being able to hide her grin as she saw his face redden and the immediate tensing of his shoulders. She nodded to Dual as he came up, and she noticed he was looking rather happy himself. Then Jathan bowed a bit, a show of respect that a lot of people were in the habit of doing. “It's nice to see you again, Miss Frost,” he managed to squeak out, and Ivy really had to hold herself back from laughing out loud at his tone.

“Hey, Jathan,” she answered. “Oi, titles make me feel like an old lady,” she teased, wanting to see what he'd do.

She turned before he could really answer her, waving them to follow her as Haji took the lead into the Woods. If she remembered right, Chainy had mentioned that this was the first place Jathan had ever been to in the Park. As far as being a Breeder went, the Woods were filled to the brim with many different Pokémon to see. If he was anything like some of the other hunters though, he might not want to catch anything that had already evolved, preferring instead to raise a Pokémon from its most basic stage so they could study and direct their growing.

The path crunched lightly under her boots, and she felt Haji's and her own mind come alive with all the energy in the forest. She liked the sign of life. Sometimes things quieted down in the Fall, like how dry and flaky the grasses got in the Valley, but here it was just about right. The trees could withstand chilly weather.

The road didn't change though. Trees varying distances apart littered the sidelines, and the grounds were almost bare. There were a few fallen branches and old logs along with the leaves in between the trunks. Sometimes Pokémon lurked there, but today it was empty.

“Well, I'm not sure what you're looking for, Jathan, so up here you'll have to choose the way,” she said, enjoying the scenery. The air was a little crisp thanks to the change in seasons, and that suited her just fine.

They reached the split in the path, and Haji stopped, watching something in the leaves above. Then, a buzzing noise got louder until a winged bug came out of the canopy. It's wings beat rapidly, coming a white blur as it hovered. It drifted over to one side of the path, blending into the darkness that reached beyond, and then it bobbed over to the light-filled path. Both eventually met up around back through various routes, but sometimes one path was gentler than the other.

The gold head-covering on the insect shined from the sunlight that managed to stream through the foliage. It was looking at them expectantly, so Ivy shrugged and turned around.

“What about a Ninjask? I hear they're sort of rare. Then again, you might be the sort that like to start from the ground up.”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Ninjask: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

14 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Ninjask
MCR: 2,272/15,000 [Borderline Rank]

Items: 4x Park Ball; 4x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 19x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; 7x Lava Cookie; Park Pass; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Digital Camera Zoom Lens; Heal Potion; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; Supreme Park Ball; Glossy Lens; High-Def Voice Disk (Scyther)

Pokémon Stats

Dual the Gallade (Male)
Serious Nature
Justified DW Ability
HM/TM: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, TM159-Bulldoze
BM/SM/MT: Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento, Zen Headbutt, Magic Coat

Koma the Bisharp (Male)
Brave Nature
Defiant Ability
HM/TM: HM01-Cut, TM06-Toxic, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM95-Taunt, TM98-Brick Break, TM125-Rock Polish, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor

Gentle Nature
DW Drought Ability
HM/TM: TM22-Solarbeam, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM108-Energy Ball, TM111-Overheat

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 09-29-2011, 06:05 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

"Oi, titles make me feel like and old lady," Ivy said with reproach.

"My apologies," I said, flushing and bowing again.

Ivy let it pass, and we started into the woods. Her pink Espeon led the way, and I followed silently, trying to recognise the scenery. However, it had been a few years since I'd been here last, and nothing jumped out at me. That was probably the nature of the Park - ever-changing and unrecognisable.

“Well, I'm not sure what you're looking for, Jathan, so up here you'll have to choose the way,” Ivy said suddenly.

"I wouldn't be sure which way to go, ma'am," I replied. My voice quietened. "I'm here looking for a Scyther." I wasn't even sure why she was asking me - the path kept straight on ahead of us, and there was absolutely no way I was leaving it. That was where things had started to go wrong last time.

The Ranger didn't seem to hear me, and it wasn't long before her statement made sense. The path split into two forks, and Ivy looked back at me expectantly, as if waiting for me to choose. I nibbled on my thumb, unable to make a choice. My choice was made for me, though, when a small bug whizzed out from the forest and began hovering over one of the trails.

“What about a Ninjask?" Ivy asked. "I hear they're sort of rare. Then again, you might be the sort that like to start from the ground up.”

"Yes ma'am, I mean I am. I like to train my Pokemon from their earliest evolution stage." I scuffed my feet on the ground. "That probably doesn't make much sense. Anyway, I'd like to go down the other path, then."

I pulled a disc-shaped Pokeplayer out of my pocket and inserted the Scyther disk that James had given me for my birthday. It was a prototype that was more powerful and realistic than the generic brand, and I hoped it would bring a Scyther my way.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 10-02-2011, 08:15 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Late post is late. Sorry ._.)

NBP#3

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Jathan said that he indeed liked Pokémon at their lowest form with a few stutters that made her smile while her head was turned. It was amusing to watch him squirm. She really didn't know why he was so nervous around her. She could seem intimidating, she supposed, but she really only liked to have a good time. Ever since the Deckbi incident, she had learned to be comfortable with who she was, and if her confidence intimidated others, she didn't really know how to fix it.

He then said that he'd like to go down the other path, away from the Ninjask. As soon as the bug saw he wasn't interested, it buzzed off into the trees and out of sight, thankfully leaving in peace. Jathan then pulled out a voice disk, only this one was very shiny and sleek-looking. She recognized it as one of the high-definition disks that the Park had given out at special events. Supposedly it had a better quality, so it attracted the Pokémon inscribed on the disk easier.

He played it, and she heard the call of a Scyther ring out into the area. The green mantis would definitely be a prize to raise, and if the disk attracted one, it would surely put up a good fight. They were known for being fierce battlers. She let the sound soak into the trees and mist through the air before heading down the darker path as Jathan directed.

“A Scyther huh? Nice choice,” she commented.

It was much harder to see down this way, but if Jathan was looking for a Scyther, this was definitely the path to take. The canopy overhead pretty much drowned all light coming from the sun, and the road was dark and silent. A twig snapped here and there, and leaves rustled and blew along with the wind. Her senses were on high alert despite knowing the Park was relatively safe.

A chirping behind them made Ivy stop, and she peered through the dark carefully. The trees were closer together, making a blanket of black coat everything. Then, a rustling sounded, and she thought she caught some sort of color flash. There were a few clicks before something whooshed out onto the path behind them.

The insect Pokémon was a darker shade of red, like her hair. It had a curly black mustache and black wings sitting on its back, although she didn't know how often this Pokémon actually flew. Blade-like arms swung innocently but still dangerously at its sides.

“Any care for a Kricketune?” she asked.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Kricketune: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

13 Encounters Remaining
Hi-Def Scyther Disk: 1/5
Pokémon Encountered: Ninjask, Kricketune
MCR: 0/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Pokémon Stats

Dual the Gallade (Male)
Serious Nature
Justified DW Ability

Koma the Bisharp (Male)
Brave Nature
Defiant Ability

Gentle Nature
DW Drought Ability

Old 10-03-2011, 11:04 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

OOC: Lol you're fine ^^

The Ninjask must have understood me because as soon as I said that I wanted to avoid it the Bug just flew off into the trees. I exhaled with relief as the Wild Pokemon left us alone - I hated fighting Pokemon that I didn't want to capture. It was a waste of energy and caused unnecessary pain. As we began down the darkened path my Scyther disk began playing, emitting the buzzing and somehow angry-sounding noises of a Scyther. I semi-flinched at the first burst, but tried to ignore the others.

It wasn't long before the path darkened and we heard a buzzing sound from behind us. I turned and saw a large beetle looking at us. It was dark red with black markings over its body, most noticeably the black spots on its carapace and its wings. It rustled its black mustache and began swaying its blades from side to side. I took a step back because I recognised this. It looked like the calm before a storm that preceeded most attacks of a blade master. I'd seen it a few times before when Dual got really angry.

"Any care for a Kricketune?" Ivy asked me.

"No thank you, it's already evolved," I said quietly. I'd come across a Kricketune during my last visit to the Woods and it had been a hardcore battler, nearly taking my Ralts down. I had no wish to repeat that battle, although I was pretty confident that Dual could take it down with much more ease this time. Like I said, though, I didn't like unnecessary conflict. I was prepared to throw a PokeDoll if the beetle didn't want to leave us alone.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 10-08-2011, 11:31 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#4

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Jathan declined quietly, looking at the Kricketune like it evoked some memory from his past. Since it was already evolved, it didn't interest him, and that was okay. Ivy tried to continue on down the path, but as soon as the group took a step, the wild Pokémon made a threatening sound and clicked its two arm-blades together in a warning way.

Ivy sighed, hoping that all the Pokémon in the Woods weren't going to be like this. It made for a slow run. Jathan didn't seem very phased, being the Park vet that he was, so instead of preparing for battle, he simply pulled out a Pokédoll to distract the bug.

He tossed it to the sidelines, and the bug followed, clicking as it went, its arms swaying out in front of it. The doll went tumbling into the underbrush of the trees, and the Kricketune followed. The leaves crunched and rustled as it thrashed through, after the object.

Since it was going to leave them alone, Ivy continued on. She kept an eye on Haji as they went, finding the way his ears perked to every sound and how his senses reached out very interesting. She liked to watch him a lot. The Ranger thought that people could learn a lot from Pokémon if they just paid attention.

Eventually they came to a better-lighted area. The trees branched out more on top in this area, almost making it look like there were a bunch of tree houses up along the top, like Fortree City in Hoenn. She had also heard that there were Pokémon-only communities in different corners of the world. Maybe they lived in structures like that.

As she thought it, a pink and white-colored form peeked out from behind one of the trees. It had a tuft of hair on its forehead and longer ears. Wide blue eyes watched them carefully.

“Hey, it's a Wigglytuff,” she said, waiting for him to decide what to do. This line wasn't exactly uncommon, so he probably wouldn't want to battle, but he might want to take a picture or something. The scenery was cool enough.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Wigglytuff: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

12 Encounters Remaining
Hi-Def Scyther Disk: 2/5
Pokémon Encountered: Ninjask, Kricketune, Wigglytuff
MCR: 0/35,000 [Rare Rank]

Items: 4x Park Ball; 4x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 18x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; 7x Lava Cookie; Park Pass; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Digital Camera Zoom Lens; Heal Potion; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; Supreme Park Ball; Glossy Lens; High-Def Voice Disk (Scyther)

Pokémon Stats

Dual the Gallade (Male)
Serious Nature
Justified DW Ability

Koma the Bisharp (Male)
Brave Nature
Defiant Ability

Gentle Nature
DW Drought Ability

Old 10-09-2011, 08:31 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Ivy didn't seem surprised by my response, and she took a step forwards, trying to lead me down the path. However, the Kricketune crossed its blades and blocked our path, just like the other one had. Ivy sighed and I clucked my tongue unhappily. A PokeDoll was produced from my pack and I threw it into the bushes. The Kricketune dove off after it in pursuit, and I smiled. I did not have the money for dolls on my last run, but word of my breeding had begun to spread, and I had a fair allowance now.

We continued down the path and the trees began to grow in size. The leaves started higher up, and they all exuded a feeling a true majesty. These trees had been here long before I was born, and they would most likely be here long after I was gone, too. That simple knowledge was intimidating and yet strangely reassuring. I could have sworn that everything will be alright as long as those trees kept standing.

“Hey, it's a Wigglytuff,” Ivy said suddenly. I stopped gazing upwards and looked around quickly, and sure enough a round pink Pokemon was watching us cautiously from partially behind a tree. The Normal-types blue eyes watched me carefully, as if it was unsure what I would do. I knew exactly, though - seeing as it was fully evolved, I had no wish to capture it. Luckily, they were rare enough that even pictures of them were worth money. I slowly pulled out my digital camera and aimed it at the Wigglytuff, smiling gently at it to keep it calm.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 10-10-2011, 06:06 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#5

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Jathan seemed pleased enough to take a picture, and Ivy watched him slowly pull out his camera. He aligned the shot carefully, smiling at the wild Pokémon so it didn't get startled. Must've been a breeders' touch, since the Wigglytuff didn't move as he snapped the shot. With the creature half-hiding behind the tree, it made for an interesting image.

The pink Pokémon departed after that, letting Jathan put away his equipment. “Nice to see those skills coming in handy,” Ivy said to him, smiling a bit as he jumped slightly from her voice. “Do you have the chance to get out much with your line of work?”

After, they continued on the path. It got a little bit lighter, but not by much. She could see patches of sunlight through the canopy though, lighting up their ceiling in an almost-checkerboard pattern. She didn't need the light to see though, since the trees easily marked the sides of the path. Eventually they would probably get the chance to venture off of it, and Ivy thought she'd like the change of pace.

An almost-unheard tap sounded above them, but she kept the group walking. She saw Haji's ears twitch slightly too, and it wasn't long before he pinged her mind.

“I hear it,” she answered, feeling the energy of another Pokémon. It was trying its best to be silent, and it was doing a pretty good job of it. She could probably only tell the difference between its sounds because of the energy she could sense from it and all the training she had done with Haxbat. He liked to play ninja too.

Ivy wasn't sure Jathan heard it though, and since she knew the Pokémon didn't have any ill-intent, she decided to let it have its fun. It had sped up its pace a little so it was ahead of them. Ivy slowed down a bit, trying to help it out. She had to fight to not look up to see if she could see it.

Then, a whoosh of air came down from above, and Ivy ducked to the side as a yellow, blue, and red bird came darting down from the treetop, flashing in front of Jathan before falling to the ground and scuttling back up the path so it was in front of them.

She recognized it as an Archen, a prehistoric-type bird that couldn't fly it. Instead, it moved around by hopping from branch to branch and used its wings to somewhat glide for short periods of time, allowing it the previous stunt.

Ivy turned to see Jathan's reaction and to see if he wanted to battle or not.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Archen: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

11 Encounters Remaining
Hi-Def Scyther Disk: 3/5
Pokémon Encountered: Ninjask, Kricketune, Wigglytuff, Archen
MCR: 0/25,000 [Intermediate Rank]

Items: 4x Park Ball; 4x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 18x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; 7x Lava Cookie; Park Pass; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Digital Camera Zoom Lens; Heal Potion; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; Supreme Park Ball; Glossy Lens; High-Def Voice Disk (Scyther)

Pokémon Stats

Dual the Gallade (Male)
Serious Nature
Justified DW Ability

Koma the Bisharp (Male)
Brave Nature
Defiant Ability

Gentle Nature
DW Drought Ability

Old 10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

OOC: Awwww, I like this Pokemon's personality, it sucks to turn it down ;-;

~~~~~

After snapping a photo of the Wigglytuff it retreated shyly. I was happy to see that not all Pokemon were battle-hungry - it seemed like most of the ones around me were. Lots of Wild Pokemon were, and many of the Pokemon I raised were raised for battle. Even Dual, my first partner, he was a fighter. Sometimes I got sick of it, but I'd inevitably realise that people and Pokemon were always going to fight, so all I could do was train my Pokemon well, to keep them from being hurt as much as possible.

“Nice to see those skills coming in handy,” Ivy said suddenly, startling me out of my thoughts. “Do you have the chance to get out much with your line of work?”

"No I don't, ma'am," I replied quickly. "But I don't mind that. I'm not a fan of traveling in general - any days I get off I just relax around the farm. I actually spend a fair bit of time talking with James. We share a lot. I keep him updated on the family and he tells me things that he can't tell anyone else here."

I realised that I'd probably said too much, so I shut my mouth tight. I was so busy keeping quiet that I didn't realise that a Pokemon was tailing us until it darted right in front of me. All I saw was a flash of different colours before I yelled in surprise and fell backwards onto my rump. I peered between my legs and I saw a small red yellow and blue bird-like reptile. It moved from side to side quickly, peering at me. Its eyes were intelligent and it no doubt had a playful nature - really, the perfect Pokemon to breed.

However, there was a problem. This was a Fossil Pokemon. They weren't common in the wild because all Fossil Pokemon were originally revitalised in labs, but thanks to breeders like me enough had been bred / released that they were now found in nature. By their very nature, they were powerful and hard to train. I didn't feel confident about my abilities. A Scyther would be a test enough. No, I wasn't ready to train this Pokemon, no matter how badly I wanted to. I got onto my knees and moved forward slowly, so as not to spook the Archen.

"Look, I'd love to take you with me, little one, but I can't just yet," I explained to it in my softest voice. "Feel free to hang around us, but I can't battle you. If you stick around, though, I try to capture you later on."

I felt a connection with this Pokemon, but I knew I couldn't risk catching it now. I wouldn't be doing either of us any favours if I tried and failed. Despite that, if this Pokemon really wished to battle, I would accede to its wishes. I wasn't going to fob on a doll on this Pokemon if it felt like it belonged with me.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 10-12-2011, 07:15 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#6

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Ivy laughed as Jathan fell backward, startled by the bird Pokémon. The Archen cackled a laugh as he recovered, tilting its head and watching carefully.

Jathan talked to it softly, explaining that he couldn't take it with him yet. He said that Archen was free to come along with them though, if it really wanted to battle. Ivy figured it was his breeder nature that wouldn't let him just ignore the Pokémon. That was also evident by the tones he spoke in. Pokémon tended to be more calm around them, and when raised, they were sometimes stronger and healthier than other Trainers' partners.

Archen seemed satisfied with this, and it scuttled over to the side of the path so they could continue on down the path. Sometimes Pokémon followed Trainers around. It wasn't anything super uncommon. A lot of these ended up leaving eventually or battling the Trainer going through. Since Jathan had promised it a battle, it would probably stick around unless it got bored.

Ivy walked over and offered her hand to help him up, grinning again at something Jathan had said before. She hauled him to his feet with a huff and backed away, not losing the smile on her face. “So you're Chainy's diary, eh? What kinds of things does he tell you?” she pried, nudging him with her shoulder. She liked teasing now and then, and considering Jathan's reaction to her, it was a little hard to resist.

When everything was set, she led them on. Archen hobbled after them. She could hear its claws scratching against the dirt path and kicking small rocks out of its way. The environment darkened again as they traveled. It went gradually as the trees became thicker and the canopy wove together more tightly. Soon she could barely see the ground in front of her. Their wasn't even a light at the end since the path was taking twists and turns.

“Hmm...” she said, slowing to a stop. The trees were really thick here, and the ground underfoot had changed in texture. “I think we've made it off the path,” she told Jathan without turning around. “That's okay, it should be right around-”

She turned and abruptly cut herself off, stilling her body inches before her nose touched a glinting screen in front of her. She took a step back, not really knowing what it was. “Haji, do you wanna shine some light?” She didn't want to reach for her flashlight so close to this thing.

The Espeon agreed, and the gem on his forehead glowed as the area became bright. Instantly, the light gleamed over silky threads, and Ivy saw what she had almost ran into was a spider web. It had a faint yellow tint to it though, and it looked a little stronger than normal. She turned to look, and the webs were everywhere, threading through the trees and creating barriers like a maze. She shivered a little.

A tiny squeak from a tree trunk near them drew her attention, and when she looked, a small yellow spider was trying to get their attention. The bug must've been only a couple inches long. It was scuttling back and forth along the bark, looking happy from what she could tell. Archen cawed at it, and it stilled before scrambling around the other side of the trunk. It peeked out from the other side cautiously, still curious but startled by the bird.

“Hey, it's a Joltik,” she said to Jathan. She took a look at all the webs once more before continuing. “Those webs could be tricky to battle in, but are you interested in this one?”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Joltik: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

10 Encounters Remaining
Hi-Def Scyther Disk: 4/5
Pokémon Encountered: Ninjask, Kricketune, Wigglytuff, Archen, Joltik
MCR: 0/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Pokémon Stats

Dual the Gallade (Male)
Serious Nature
Justified DW Ability

Koma the Bisharp (Male)
Brave Nature
Defiant Ability

Gentle Nature
DW Drought Ability

Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

The Archen nodded and seemed happy with my words. It crawled quickly off to the side, disappearing from sight. I knew that wasn't going to be the last I saw of it, though, but strangely, that didn't bother me. Despite its clearly pranksteriffic nature, it seemed like a good Pokemon to add to my team. I wouldn't regret the chance to add it to my team, even though I wasn't sure I was ready to do so.

Ivy bent down and helped me up. “So you're Chainy's diary, eh? What kinds of things does he tell you?” she asked rogueishly, nudging my shoulder. I immediately flared bright red.

"Oh, uh, nothing really." I stumbled over my tongue. "He tells me to be really polite to you a lot."

Not like I couldn't do that anyway, I thought. Woman be scary.

We continued down the path, which began to darken considerably. The trail started to wind around a lot, and the solid crunchy stones we walked on slowly became squelchy loam. There was a scrabbling noise just behind us, but I was pretty sure that was the Archen. In fact, the constant sounds were kind of soothing. The trees were linked together and it was almost as dark as night in here.

Ivy stopped moving with a questioning grunt. “I think we've made it off the path,” she said without looking at me. “That's okay, it should be right around-”

She stopped talking instantly, and she froze without moving. “Haji, do you wanna shine some light?” she asked her Espeon.

The Psychic cat began emitting a bright white light from the jewel on his forehead. The light revealed some very thin threads that were spanning the trees all around us. They were spider-webs, and they were all over the place. Even though they were thin, they seemed strong somehow, and there was a slight yellowness to them that normal spiderwebs didn't have. If I didn't know better, I would swear that there was some kind of energy running through the webs. I was pretty sure that Ivy wasn't happy about nearly running into them - she was shivering slightly. I'm sure it was just surprise or disgust, though - neither Chainy nor I had ever seen her scared of anything.

I heard a small squeak, and I looked over to one of the trees. A tiny yellow Pokemon ran back and forth on a high-up tree branch. It was tiny. I can't even describe how small it was. It was easily the smallest Pokemon I'd ever seen. It had four legs, and was clearly some kind of spider. The Joltik was furry, which wasn't strange for a spider, and it had two adorable little fangs that were moving excitedly. It was very excited for some reason - its blue eyes were wide, and staring straight at me.

The Archen screeched curiously at the spider. It suddenly went stock-still for a few moments before retreating behind the tree trunk. It peered out from the other side of tree trunk, apparently scared but clearly still curious.

"Be nice to the little one," I gently admonished the Rock-type.

“Hey, it's a Joltik,” Ivy exclaimed. “Those webs could be tricky to battle in, but are you interested in this one?”

I knew my answer immediately. This Pokemon, like the Archen, seemed to have a great personality. Not only that, it was an almost perfect Pokemon for me to try raising - low on power and yet challenging enough that I could learn new skills. Not only that, it seemed to want to battle. I couldn't turn that down.

"Yes, I would like to battle," I said to Ivy. "But I'm not going to need to worry about those webs. Come on out, Saya!"

I dropped a PokeBall onto the ground. It contained my pride and joy as a Breeder. Sure, Koma was the most powerful Pokemon I've ever raised, and Dual was the strongest Pokemon I'd ever met, but Saya was truly rare. She was a Ninetails, and through careful breeding and training she had mastered the Drought Ability, a sun-summoning technique that could only be learned by Ninetails and the Legendary Pokemon Groudon. It turned her from an otherwise unremarkable Pokemon to an almost unstoppable damage dealer and the very centre of Fire-based teams. She truly was my proudest achievement.

The flash of red temporarily tinted Haji's white Flash. A majestic yellow fox was revealed, its namesake nine tails swaying gently behind her like a fan. She yapped a greeting to me and called a greeting to Haji and Ivy. I scratched the side of her head, and she closed her eyes happily. Like most Ninetails, Saya was very even-tempered, although she took it to extremes. I had never once seen her angry.

"Alright girl, we're going to battle that little Joltik over there," I explained, pointing to the Bug-type. "Remember, don't go full power, but don't let up on it too much. It's probably got some tricks up its sleeves."

Saya nodded gracefully and took a couple steps forward. She raised her head proudly, and suddenly, the heat became sweltering, which was impressive considering ten seconds ago the temperature could only be described as deliciously cool. Light in the area also became red-tinged - the sunlight was stronger and pushing through the trees. Haji's Flash was now completely unnecessary.

"Dual, I'm going to need a Protect Screen up over here," I murmured to him. The Gallade nodded and began forming hand signs as blue energy glowed around his fingers. I had a plan that would completely clear out all of the webs, and leave the battle flow on my side. However, it could be dangerous, so Dual would have to protect us.

"Archen, come over here, I don't want you getting hurt by this," I called out. It was implied that Ivy should come over too, but it was her choice, and she could take care of herself. I turned to Saya, who was now bathed in bright orange light. "Okay Saya, we need to burn out all of these webs and take a chunk out of the Joltik's health. Bathe the area in an Overheat, but control the flames - we don't want to start a forest fire."

Overheat was an incredibly powerful Fire-attack that would be further boosted by Saya's Drought Ability. True, the chance of a fire starting was fair, but I'd keep a careful eye on the battlefield, and Dual was there to help clean up if need be. Besides, this way the battlefield would be cleared up and the Joltik would spend less time getting smacked around. There was a weakness to Overheat - it was very tiring and Sasha's strength output would drop afterwards. However, that in and of itself was a bonus in this situation - it meant that she wouldn't be performing moves at their total strength, so the Joltik had less chance of being knocked out.

Saya opened her delicate mouth, and small flames danced along her tongue. They expanded until her mouth was full of fire. Dual finished the Light Screen and Protect combo, and he punched the ground in front of us. A yellow rectangle separated us from the battlefield, and Saya knew that it was time to unleash the attack. The fireball suddenly expanded five times in size, until the Overheat was almost as big as her. The Ninetails growled, and the fireball broke open, sending streams of billowing flames boiling towards the Joltik's tree and every direction near it.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 10-14-2011, 10:08 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Woo, late post is late again. Length of post makes up for it maybe? M or F?)

BP#1

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Jathan indeed wanted to battle, and he looked a bit excited about it. “Come on out, Saya!” he called. He dropped a Pokéball onto the ground, and in a burst of light, a gleaming, golden fox appeared.

Ivy could see the reason for his elation now. The creature was truly beautiful, with intelligent eyes and nine flowing tails. Ninetales were partly known for their beauty, and it was evident that he had taken great care of his. Since he was a Breeder, that was his chosen career, and she was glad to see that work pay off. Any Trainer would be jealous.

Immediately, a bright light began to shine in their little arena, raising the temperature and bathing the area in sun. It was Drought, a rare ability that Ninetales could be trained to use. It mimicked the energy from the sun in both heat and power, boosting Fire-type moves and others that used the light. Any fire move Saya wanted to use would be intensified. Haji stopped shedding his own light and just watched.

Ivy lost sight of the Joltik a little, the bug becoming almost impossible to see due to its yellow coloring. The sun made everything brighter, and the light just seemed to reflect off of its spiky fur. Luckily, Jathan had a solution for that.

He reminded the fox not to use too much force. They were in the Woods after all, and nearly everything here was flammable. Dual set up some screens, making a protective barrier for them to stand behind. Jathan even called the little Archen that was still following him, making sure the bird didn't get hurt. Her lip quirked as she observed him passing over addressing her, although if it was purposeful or accidental, she didn't know. He could just be in the battle-zone and not paying attention to other nitpicky things. Either way, she was going to comment on it.

“Okay, Saya, we need to burn out all of these webs and take a chunk out of the Joltik's health. Bathe the area in an Overheat, but control the flames – we don't want to start a forest fire,” he said before she could get a word in, and a part of her paled. She knew he would be careful, but she always got that feeling when areas of the Park could potentially be damaged. He wasn't a novice Park-goer though, so it was probably going to be okay. At least he acknowledged the danger. A lot of other Trainers didn't even think of it.

“Oi,” she called, shifting a fake-annoyed look to her face as she looked at Jathan. “I see how it is. You're not gonna protect the lady? Kids these days, I tell ya,” she finished, turning to look at Haji and shake her head.

With a silent signal, she asked the Espeon to warp them behind the barrier, and the duo disappeared just as she took a step only to reappear behind the screen as her foot hit the solid ground. Short distances took considerably much less time than longer ones, although when talking in moments, none of the trips were very long.

“Guess I'll have to take care of myself then. I wonder what Chainy would think about that one. Where has all the honor gone?,” she asked rhetorically, speaking to Jathan again. From behind him, he couldn't see the small smile that snuck onto her face for an instant. She cleared it before he could see.

Then, Saya prepped her attack. Her mouth opened, and fire laced itself throughout her maw, licking at the air like it was alive. The flames kept expanding, and when everything was set, the Ninetales released the storm. A fireball exploded, sending streaks of flame in every direction. The intense heat from the sun-boosted attack melted the spider webs, sizzling the ends as they burned up. Ivy was slightly concerned as the fire chased itself up the strings, thinking it would start to burn up the canopy and as a result, the rest of the forest. Thankfully though, the pieces of web that were too strong to burn through right away just fell to the forest floor, catching some of the fallen leaves instead of the living ones. They burned in small campfires scattered about the ground, and a tenseness in her shoulders relaxed a little. The little fires could potentially be dangerous still, but that was much better than lighting up the trees.

She heard a squeak, and then a slimy purple ooze shot through the air, coming from somewhere over where she last saw the spider. It crackled and popped, and Ivy thought she saw a faint yellow spark in them. Puzzled, she watched as the pockets of slime fell down. The fires hissed at them, but the acid did little more than sizzle. It resisted the flames for the most part, the boiling point of the goo being too high to burn up right away.

The poison-electric attack came raining down on Saya, and since the output of the Overheat had taken so much out of her, she wasn't able to really move in time. She whined a little as the substance crackled along her skin, flinching from the attack.

A piercing squeal caught her attention next, and Ivy figured the little Joltik was hit by the fire. There was another call, but this one wasn't of pain, it was of defiance. A lot of Pokémon that seemed timid and peaceful could have their courage evoked in a fight in the right circumstances.

Almost-invisible strings darted around the field, looking like trip wires they used for some alarms in museums and stores with rare jewels. A yellow light gleamed on them, and Ivy knew the spider was trying to create a trap of its own. Since the fires had mostly subsided, Joltik was free to put the wires up, and since they were colored, the Ranger thought it had laced them with paralyzing energy, much like it had the acid. If Saya touched them, there was a chance she could get stunned enough for the bug to land a really hard hit. Since they may be parts of a String Shot, they could also slow the fox down as the sticky strings clung to her fur.

Haji hummed his approval through their bond. He enjoyed watching interesting battles as much as she did, and she was sure he was filing the information away in his vast bank of knowledge just in case they ever came across a similar scenario in their own struggles.

“Careful, Jathan,” she warned. “Those trip wires could do some damage, and even though you hit the Joltik hard, I don't think it's down yet. Also watch the fire please,” she added with a hint of caution. She didn't want to see any part of the forest caught up in flames.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Joltik: 56% [Used Gastro Acid, Electro Ball, and String Shot]
Gentle F Ninetales: 89% [SpAtk-2][Used Overheat]

Area Effects: It's really sunny.

---

Trainer Stats

10 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 6,989/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Pokémon Stats

Dual the Gallade (Male)
Serious Nature
Justified DW Ability

Koma the Bisharp (Male)
Brave Nature
Defiant Ability

Saya the Ninetales (Female) @ 89%
Gentle Nature
DW Drought Ability

Last edited by WinterVines; 10-15-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:58 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

OOC: Hrrrr, I think I'll make it.... Female.

As Dual's barrier solidified, Ivy didn't seem to realise that I wanted to include her but was too shy to.

“Oi,” she called out, “I see how it is. You're not gonna protect the lady?"

My face burned as she muttered something, and a moment later she was with us, behind the shield. Her faint strawberry-esque scent didn't help my flush, so I scratched the side of my head to try and cover the red spreading across my face.

“Guess I'll have to take care of myself then," she continued. "I wonder what Chainy would think about that one. Where has all the honor gone?"

I knew what I wanted to say. I wanted to tell her that I assumed an Elite Ranger could protect herself but that obviously she required a fifteen year old kid's help. However, James' words of warning floated through my head. He often described carefully the torments he would inflict upon me if I was rude to Ivy. They were second only to the ones he threatened me with should I reveal his secrets to her. So, I decided to just keep my mouth shut and say nothing. Besides, even if I did try, chances were nothing would come out but a dry cough.

The Overheat worked exactly as I hoped it would. The streams of fire worked their away along the spiderweb threads, burning them up. However, I hadn't counted on their thickness, and they weren't burnt off as fast as I hoped. Some of the webs fell down onto the ground and flared up, burning on the ground. I kept an eye on them - I didn't want a forest fire on my hands - but it didn't look like they were in any danger of expanding, at least for now.

I heard some squeaking - no doubt the Joltik had been struck by the attack, and being a Bug-type it would have hurt a lot. Its retaliation was swift - a wide spray of purple poison shot out from behind the tree where the Joltik had last been seen. Small yellow sparks flickered throughout the spray, and it rained down on Saya. She whined as the poison stung her and the electricity crawled along her fur. I could have sworn I saw a slight flicker in the powerful sunlight, but the rays didn't go anywhere.

I heard some more squeaking, and suddenly some thin strings shot all over the field. It was probably some primitive form of trap. I'd need to be very careful, a sentiment that was quickly echoed by Ivy.

“Careful, Jathan,” she warned. “Those trip wires could do some damage, and even though you hit the Joltik hard, I don't think it's down yet. Also watch the fire please," she threw in as an afterthought. I knew she was right though - any plan I came up with had to minimize fire contact with the surrounding area. I would avoid using fire altogether, but unfortunately Saya's training wasn't complete. So far, I'd only taught her Fire and Grass-typed moves to take advantage of her sun-summoning abilities, and Grass moves would be worse than useless against a Bug-type. That meant that I had to use fire, but at least I could be careful about it.

"Saya, use your Extrasensory to lure the Joltik out into the open and then hit it with a couple of Ember attacks," I ordered.

Ember was a nice controllable Fire-typed attack that wouldn't get out of control. It was a bit weaker than I would have liked, but the only Fire attacks that the Ninetails knew were incredibly powerful or the wide-range Flame Burst technique. I knew that Ember was weak, and Saya was tired from the Overheat, but the sunlight's heat would help cover that weakness a bit.

Saya's eyes began to glow bright yellow as she started the Extrasensory. She'd use her psychic abilities to locate the Joltik's mindwaves, and then she'd use illusions and manipulate the Joltik's senses in order to trick it out into the open. It was an interesting technique, not as powerful as the usual Psychic attack, but different enough that most Pokemon didn't see it coming often and so they were a little more susceptible to it.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 10-16-2011, 07:49 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

BP#2

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

The little bug was still out of sight, though Ivy knew she was probably plotting something as she hid in the bark of the trees. Park Pokémon tended to be fierce battlers despite not being very afraid of people. It was like they were testing to see if the Trainer was worthy enough. An intimidating test, no doubt.

“Saya, use your Extrasensory to lure the Joltik out into the open and then hit it with a couple of Ember attacks,” Jathan said, trying to think of a way to wear down this Pokémon. Smaller ones were always more challenged to fight, she thought, since it was hard to see and hit them.

Ember was a way more controlled fire than an Overheat, and since the Ninetales was also tired out from her last attack, it would do considerably less damage. Her eyes glowed yellow as she started to use her senses to pinpoint the bug. Ivy felt the sensation as it weaved through the air, being a sort of psychic energy. It worked pretty effectively from what she had seen.

Sure enough, the Joltik was lured out by the strange power, and as soon as she was in sight, Saya fired off some weakened Embers. The bug squealed again, but due to the Ninetales messing with her senses, she couldn't get back into cover fast enough. The fire stung a bit, and the little spider scurried away from it as fast as she could.

There were still little patches though, so she had to be careful if she didn't want to get singed again. She seemed to know that, and Ivy watched as she instead went up, finding safety in the trip wires she had coated the field with. Some of them were too high for the Ember to reach, so she was safe for now.

She began her retaliation after that, although Ivy could see she was really tired. The heat from the sun and the flames was making her breathe heavier, trying to get enough air to function right. That wasn't stopping the bug though, and energy swirled in the air as the spider concentrated.

Joltik began running across her lines, jumping from one to the next, always staying in motion. Then, three beams of light began to form in a purple, pink, and blue wave. It was a Signal Beam, but it was used in a different way than Ivy had seen before. Instead of lashing out at Saya, the beams streaked out into key points, placing themselves in a triangle pattern around the fox, like a lightning bolt sticking out of the ground.

That seemed to be exactly what the bug wanted to use them for. In the next second, the air crackled as Joltik charged up electricity. Her fur stood on end as she released a Discharge, and the electricity went straight to the Signal Beams, using them as magnets to engulf the entire area surrounding the Ninetales in a burst of lightning. The attack lit up the area even more, causing the field to go white for a second.

Ivy covered her eyes as she heard Saya cry out, and when the flash had dulled, she could see the fox's fur crackling from the attack it just endured. The Ranger could tell that took a lot out of Joltik too, as the bug was wearily trying to scuttle back and forth on her wire. She would be tired out soon.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? F Joltik: 34% [Used Signal Beam and Discharge]
Gentle F Ninetales: 72% [SpAtk-2][Used Extrasensory and Ember]

Area Effects: It's really sunny.

---

Trainer Stats

10 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 10,828/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Pokémon Stats

Dual the Gallade (Male)
Serious Nature
Justified DW Ability

Koma the Bisharp (Male)
Brave Nature
Defiant Ability

Saya the Ninetales (Female) @ 72%
Gentle Nature
DW Drought Ability