Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:42 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default University~

Has anyone ever been to uni? Are you going to?

As for me, I had my uni interview last friday. It was kinda nerve-racking, but fun! They loved me! XD Um, I mean my work!

As of March 2010, I'm gonna be studying Graphic Design! n___n Majoring in that with a minor in Illustration.

Anyone else had an interview lately or had one? Any funny memories? ...Or bad ones? xD

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 11-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: University~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
As of March 2010, I'm gonna be studying Graphic Design! n___n Majoring in that with a minor in Illustration.
You're going to rock in there, I'm sure.

As for me, I was in college a few years back to get a major in Business. I felt a lot of the grades depended on who was teaching the class. Some professors really had it down packed and knew exactly how to get the material across, while a few others were totally clueless and expected you to make up for where they failed to do their job.

And I'll probably be attending grad school in the spring to get the Masters in Business. Can't wait until that's done and out of the way.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:37 PM
fullmetal Offline

Send a message via AIM to fullmetal

I had an interview for college as well, though it was at my school. The dude kinda just looked at my transcript and said I got in :P

I'll be starting next fall, and I'm majoring in Physics with a teacher's degree.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

I had an interview for college a little while ago, and got a place without trouble. I'll study Photography, Media, Classic Civilization, English Literature and an extended project on Creative Writing.
Once I graduate, I'm getting straight onto my career ladder. No uni for me: I don't want a debt, and my parents don't think it's a good idea either.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:51 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

I dunno about college for me. Do I want to go? Yeah. Can I afford it? No. But that's why I'll take some time to get up money. I need some 30,000 dollars for this college that I want to go to? XDD

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
You're going to rock in there, I'm sure.
Thanks, Neo! I sure hope so. I just need the money. D= That's the problem.

I don't know if you people get it - well I'm sure you do, just not in the same way - but I'll be getting a HECS fee, which is when I'm out working and earning a certain wage, they'll take money out of my account each month and use it for my uni tuition. I can pay for the course that way. If it was just cash, I wouldn't even be going. xD As it is, I'm hoping for a scholarship or two, anyway. Hopefully. =3

@Cait - You needed an interview for college? =o Well I guess it's probably different up there than it is here.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 11-30-2009, 11:43 PM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

I'm gonna try to go. I'm a straight A, goody two-shoes, and I'm gonna try to keep that up.
That's cuz I think college will be fun, but challenging. I don't know where I wanna go, though, lol, so if I get a scholarship(s), then I'll just check out the college(s).
As for the intuition,(I think that's what it's called?) I think I'm going to go the way LL did. Just get a good-paying job you can do without missing out too much(or at all) on your studies, and you'll be alright.
I'm going to have to wait many years before that, lol.
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 12-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Spinner Offline
Master Trainer

Post Re: University~

Lol, I'm studying at university next year - Semester A begins in March. I'm going to do a Bachelor of Arts, doing a double major in English and French. When I've completed my degree (3 years), I'll do a post-grad in teaching. Yay
Old 12-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

I wanna go to college badly for something in Music.

Sadly, I have no hope in going to college since I'm in 10th grade right now and my GPA is like 2.1

I don't think Universities will like my GPA as it is. I fear it's too late too turn it around also :x
Old 12-07-2009, 05:01 AM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
I wanna go to college badly for something in Music.

Sadly, I have no hope in going to college since I'm in 10th grade right now and my GPA is like 2.1

I don't think Universities will like my GPA as it is. I fear it's too late too turn it around also :x
That's 2.0 more points than I have right now lol. I've got to change things around and fast. I have three F's and one D that's almost an F. Next semester I need to actually try or I'm going to fail epicly.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:03 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post

Nah, dude, it's never too late. Believe it or not, many colleges don't really put that much emphasis on your Sophomore year. Just try to do better during your Junior year, don't slack off during your Senior year, and you should be fine. :]

Anyway, I'm hoping to go to Ferris State University. For my undergraduate years, I plan on going for a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Chemistry (I thought it would be a Bachelor of Science, but apparently not. :P), and a minor in Forensic Science. After that, I'm thinking I'll probably head off to Michigan State to get my Masters in Forensic Chemistry. I'm hoping it'll all work out like that, anyway. x3

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 12-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

I hope everything goes well. I'll try my best the rest of this year and try to get all A's and B's in 11th/12th grade so I can have a bright future in school.