Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:23 PM
AshleyWorld Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default My fan fic idea.

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but here goes. I have an idea and I want some feedback on it.

In Sinnoh, an experiment goes wrong and causes a huge explosion. The explosion destroyed half of the region completely. The other half was in pretty bad condition. Buildings were falling, forests were torched, and most of the people and Pokemon who survived were in bad condition. As all hope for Sinnoh seemed to be lost, a man known as Jacob stepped forward. He took control of one group of survivors and set up a settlement. Soon, with the help of his Pokemon, he was able to find other survivors and take control of the whole region, or what was left on it. At first, it seemed he had good intentions. He began to rebuild towns and get rid of debris. He began to search the destroyed half of the region for survivors and supplies. In a year, everything would change.

He found the site of the experiment and found out the purpose of it. He quickly became interested in it. Jacob set up Pokemon Battling Rings in every settlement. No one knew why he did this, but if you had a Pokemon in the condition to battle, you had to battle. If you didn't, you were killed, and your Pokemon were taken.

The story will follow one settlement of survivors, and their plan to escape Sinnoh with their Pokemon and families. They will have to battle in fight rings, explore, and much more to get out alive. That's basically my idea. More will be explained in the story if I go through with it.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: My fan fic idea.

Well, it's an interesting premise, but your plot seems kinda flimsy at the moment. I assume you have a good reason for Jacob's sudden shift in character, and a connection to the experiment. Also, why would his settlement be the only one? Why aren't there people who oppose him? What gives him the power to become a post-apocalyptic dictator of Sinnoh? Why haven't any of the other regions sent any help? You need to answer these questions (not necessarily here, just make sure you have answers), otherwise your plot will really be unbelievable.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 12-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: My fan fic idea.

Not a bad plot, what with the apocalypse of Sinnoh. However, seems rather strange that there aren't people to appose him. Also, you should try to make your characters (or at least try as I am) making them original. I wish you good luck! As I am working on my own fan fiction that is working on bringing back the original characters (Misty, Brock! Yes I know he is back! I have watched D&P and D&P: Galactic Battles) and adding new characters such as myself, I know how you feel!

-P.S, I am willing to make concept art if you want. I have the time! My company is pretty much taking care of itself right now!