Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:58 AM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze
Default Re: Time Clause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers View Post

I'm still baffled one move can take over 5 minutes to pick. I know you want to win, but you have to think about the ref and how valuable his/her time is as well.

~Jack~
That's why most refs are hesitant to ref for Fenix lol

I really hope this isn't put into play because of how easily it can be abused in gyms and other things. Same goes for that Tourney. Say you have a laggy internet connection or your computer freezes, you basically lose because of that? It'd be more fun imo to have something that bases around skill or creativity, not who doesn't have a slow computer or bad luck with something coming up irl.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Fenix Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
That's why most refs are hesitant to ref for Fenix lol

I really hope this isn't put into play because of how easily it can be abused in gyms and other things. Same goes for that Tourney. Say you have a laggy internet connection or your computer freezes, you basically lose because of that? It'd be more fun imo to have something that bases around skill or creativity, not who doesn't have a slow computer or bad luck with something coming up irl.
I really hope that people aren't discounting my opinion just because in some matches I do take a while. But let's be honest, who isn't slow when in an Elite or Gym match once in a while?

Anyway, I still agree, I am still standing against this rule, especially because of the potential for abuse in gyms/elite/etc.

And the long list of stipulations and amounts of time people are allowed for things like a bathroom break is just ridiculous. Sounds like "Big Brother is Watching You Ref/Battle." If you need to make such a long list of explanations and regulations for a rule like this, then it's obviously more trouble than it's worth.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
I really hope that people aren't discounting my opinion just because in some matches I do take a while. But let's be honest, who isn't slow when in an Elite or Gym match once in a while?

Anyway, I still agree, I am still standing against this rule, especially because of the potential for abuse in gyms/elite/etc.

And the long list of stipulations and amounts of time people are allowed for things like a bathroom break is just ridiculous. Sounds like "Big Brother is Watching You Ref/Battle." If you need to make such a long list of explanations and regulations for a rule like this, then it's obviously more trouble than it's worth.
No dear, we are not discounting your opinion because you take so long. Rather, we are supporting the implement of the rule taking you as an example of taking too long to send.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 11-28-2009, 06:09 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Sigh, we could stipulate in the rules, somewhere, that this rule may NEVER be used in a Gym/Elite/Championship battle.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Sigh, we could stipulate in the rules, somewhere, that this rule may NEVER be used in a Gym/Elite/Championship battle.

hmm...You know, that makes perfect sense. To avoid it being abused, do just that. Say that the rule is not for gym/elite/championship battles, or LD battles either. It was never meant for any other kind of battle anyway. Time Clause: For Regular Battles ONLY.

If anyone else sees another flaw, please say so as it is very helpful. = )
Old 11-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraizaa-kun View Post

hmm...You know, that makes perfect sense. To avoid it being abused, do just that. Say that the rule is not for gym/elite/championship battles, or LD battles either. It was never meant for any other kind of battle anyway. Time Clause: For Regular Battles ONLY.

If anyone else sees another flaw, please say so as it is very helpful. = )
Then what's the point of adding it if both battlers have to agree beforehand anyway?
Old 11-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Quote:
Then what's the point of adding it if both battlers have to agree beforehand anyway?
Because, it can happen and has happened where trainers agree to be fast and then take a long time anyway thus killing the rush fun of the battle that was planned. If it's an optional rule, then there is a penalty for not keeping your word, thus giving a real rush to the battlers.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:16 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Every clause has to be agreed beforehand by both participants in regular battles. :x
Old 11-28-2009, 07:33 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
*agrees*

If this is just going to be used as a rule for regular battles only then just make sure to plan out a battle with an opponent at a time that both of you will be able to move quickly, no need for a rule just for one kind of battle.