Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Ken Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: State of RPing... [[RPers should look here. X_X]]

Quote:
Uh…New age? X_X What are you talking about? Sweetie, you joined like…2 months ago. You weren’t around before the RP standards fell. And this is not “Here is my excuse why I am not trying and I used to be really good” I looked at your post in the “Falcior Academy” They still aren’t all that long.
Ok first: Do NOT call me sweetie.

Second: You would have no idea what the New Age thing is. It is not on here.

Third: I'm not trying to use this as an excuse for my ****** RPing or a pity party. -_-

Forth: Well at least I'm trying. -_-

Fifth: I know I wasn't around before they fell. I just assumned that it was the normal posting length -_-

Sixth: Stop directing your whining at me. -_-
Old 11-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Sieses Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sieses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimashi View Post
Ok first: Do NOT call me sweetie.

Second: You would have no idea what the New Age thing is. It is not on here.

Third: I'm not trying to use this as an excuse for my ****** RPing or a pity party. -_-

Forth: Well at least I'm trying. -_-

Fifth: I know I wasn't around before they fell. I just assumned that it was the normal posting length -_-

Sixth: Stop directing your whining at me. -_-
First: What can we call you, we can't call you master either apeantly.

Second: ... You win there.

Third: Seems like it.

Fourth: Doesn't look like it.

Fifth: *facepalm* How many times have I said 'post more detail' or 'put more detail into this post' or something?

Sixth: Then you stop whining also.

Seventh: I'm not trying to be meen, master, if I am punch me or something, but I get to punch you back. >=)
Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Ken Offline
Elite Trainer

STOP CALLING ME MASTER! CALL ME KIMASHI! GEEZUS! I HAVE A NAME YOU KNOW!

*Is really really ticked off now and wants to flame all of you.*
Old 11-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Sieses Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sieses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimashi View Post
STOP CALLING ME MASTER! CALL ME KIMASHI! GEEZUS! I HAVE A NAME YOU KNOW!

*Is really really ticked off now and wants to flame all of you.*
So, you only listen to the master part and ignore the rest of it... I was joking. Anyway just start posting with more detail and you'll be fine.

Last edited by Silver Espeon Esper; 11-09-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Ken Offline
Elite Trainer

Oh yeah. And like, once.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

Hmmm. Personally, I think you're right. It seems as if our standards are dropping. But, I try. But other people post short posts and I can only respond with a short post....It makes my heart bleed. </3

However, if I REALLY feel like it, then I'd do super long posts in a RP with one liners and stuff.

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Lol, who do you think I am, Neo Pikachu? :3
Ha ha, I can't help it. Sometimes I just get so into it and then when I'm finally done, I have this enormous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Dude, that is an amazing idea... I can't believe I didn't think of it X_x *commencing t3h evil plotz*
Actually, I've got quite a lot of great ideas on how to set this up, so I definitely think I'll go for it.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Ha ha, I can't help it. Sometimes I just get so into it and then when I'm finally done, I have this enormous post.

Actually, I've got quite a lot of great ideas on how to set this up, so I definitely think I'll go for it.
You can count me in ;3 I remember boring RPs is what drove me away from Pokecommunity. All the RPs there were either PMDs or anime-style.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 11-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

I don't think the problem is the lower-level RPs. Honestly, I encourage lower-level RPs, even if they do churn out one-liners or whatever, because that offers a chance for those people at that level to practice and improve rather than being shoved into more complex RPs and getting overwhelmed. Heck, I started my RPing on Neopets, where there's a 400-character limit per post. You get better doing those types of things, and it's not like somebody doing short, beginner posts in an RP full of short, beginner posts is going to hurt anyone else.

No, the problem is that higher-level RPs have vanished off the face of the intertubes...er, PE2K, anyway. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say it's because the higher-level RPers are all scared off by the influx of lower-level RPs, so nobody is making RPs anymore because "the one-liner guys will flood it onoez," when really it doesn't have to be like that. That's what sign-ups were made for: quality control.

Just my confusing two cents, and I haven't been alive as of late to totally justify it, so yeah. 8D;

EDIT: I would like to express my glee at the idea of an RP Design Contest, and would also like to promise cookies to anyone who makes/runs/whatevers it.

Last edited by Larvinator; 11-09-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
I don't think the problem is the lower-level RPs. Honestly, I encourage lower-level RPs, even if they do churn out one-liners or whatever, because that offers a chance for those people at that level to practice and improve rather than being shoved into more complex RPs and getting overwhelmed. Heck, I started my RPing on Neopets, where there's a 400-character limit per post. You get better doing those types of things, and it's not like somebody doing short, beginner posts in an RP full of short, beginner posts is going to hurt anyone else.

No, the problem is that higher-level RPs have vanished off the face of the intertubes...er, PE2K, anyway. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say it's because the higher-level RPers are all scared off by the influx of lower-level RPs, so nobody is making RPs anymore because "the one-liner guys will flood it onoez," when really it doesn't have to be like that. That's what sign-ups were made for: quality control.

Just my confusing two cents, and I haven't been alive as of late to totally justify it, so yeah. 8D;

EDIT: I would like to express my glee at the idea of an RP Design Contest, and would also like to promise cookies to anyone who makes/runs/whatevers it.
Actually the higher level RPers were gone before the influx of new RPers. The RP boards had been pretty dead for a while. This is particularly a reason why I don't want to be too hard on the new RPers, even though a lot of their posts would have been unacceptable when I first join. So yeah, I'd rather have low-level RPs than a dead RP board.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 11-10-2009, 02:16 AM
AKATheTitan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Now don't get me wrong, as I have nothing against a decent version of these types of RP, but the only change I feel should happen is a limit on spin-off / "academy" style RPs. I feel that these have been overdone to death (The latter especially) on practically every RP forum in existence, and people just fall into a kind of "comfort zone" with a certain brand(s) that they like, and RP it over and over again. By limiting these spin-offs, I feel we could encourage neweR-Pers to generate more unique ideas for RPs, which could potentially help their RPing abilities. Not necessarily non-one-liners and detailed plots, but at least some new idea no one's thought of before.

//ARCH KNIGHTS OF ALTAIR\\
| We are the new day's sun, ascending towards the sky to vanquish the night's wretched darkness. It is our birthright to uphold the necessities of order and justice. With sword and scale in hand, we shall protect these virtues with our lives. |
Old 11-10-2009, 03:12 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Much like the Simpsons plots, everything has been done before so originality is all but impossible to come by :P.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 11-10-2009, 03:54 AM
mfauz Offline
Master Trainer

what rping all about???

Made by Myuu
FC Diamond:2706 8153 7465 nickname mfauz
My trade thread Here
Old 11-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfauz View Post
what rping all about???
It's all explained right here.

Also, in other news, I started that RP design contest. You're free to put chat in there, I'm going to directly link all of the submissions on the second post anyway.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo pikachu View Post
it's all explained right here.

Also, in other news, i started that rp design contest. You're free to put chat in there, i'm going to directly link all of the submissions on the second post anyway.
YOU'RE ON, sir.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."