Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 10-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Mewcario: Individual RP

Mount Oktori, The Snow White, was a place filled with majestic beauty, and an inherent danger. Indeed, many trainers and Pokémon had perished while trying to conquer its peak. There are five routes with which the summit can be reached: one north, one south, one east, one west, and one through its insides.

Outpost #7 is located at the north aspect of the mountain – the easiest of them all. I had instructed Robert to meet me outside the outpost. While he arrived, I practiced a few taijutsu moves with Luke, my Lucario, who would accompany us through the cold soil that made Mt. Oktori its home.

Two petite flows of water delimitated our arena. I called them dawn and dusk; the reason being that dawn would be warmer than dusk at dawn and vice versa. How does this happen? Each of these flows begins on an opposite side of Mt. Oktori. As one of them is warned by the morning sun, the other one carries cold water. As the sun advances, temperature shifts to dusk. Wise rangers would set games of tug-o-war at a specific hour, and then choose the side with the warm water to fall at in case they lost.

Lucario, however, proved to be a much better fighter than I was at my age. If we had fought a decade before, he’d be the one flying through the air, and he’d be the one falling on dawn, who was warm enough to be pleasant. I extended my arm to Lucario, who innocently reached for it. Then he flew through the air, splashing besides me. I chuckled.

“You know I play fair Luke. Whoever said I was asking for help? For all you know I was doing an extremely slow grab-and-pull maneuver.”
Lucario smiled, but not at me; behind me. I turned around and found a young man, around his twenties, with a muscular build and almost as tall as me. I offered him my arm.
“You must be Robert. I’m ranger Marth, nice to meet you.”

Name: Robert
Total Money: $0
Total Items: 3x Super Balls, 2x Full Heals, 1x Max Potion

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Arcanine
Nickname: Flare
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Hardy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT:N/A

Pokemon: Dragonite
Nickname: Sapphira
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Gentle
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD

Last edited by Marth; 10-19-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Default Re: Mewcario: Individual RP

Robert rode in on top of his Arcanine. The cold winds and chilling temperatures were nothing to the fire-type pokemon. Flare's thick fur and inner fire were warm anough to melt the snow that fell upon her fur. Robert himself was dressed warmly with a long trenchcoat covering his normal clothing to keep him protected from the cold. Coupled with the heat generated by Flare, Robert was rather comfortable.

When Robert got close enough to the ranger and his Lucario, the young man dismounted his Arcanine and offered a hand in greeting to the park ranger. "Yes, I am Robert, and this lovely girl here is Flare. A pleasure to meet you both." he replied, looking to both the ranger and the Lucario.

Robert's sword and sheath rested attached to his left side as two pokeballs remained at his right side. He had in his belly pack three super balls, two full heals and a max potion, all in preperation for the journey. Robert's whispy white hair flowed with the wind. "So, where shall we head to first?" Robert asked in a calm, polite tone of voice. Robert had the appearance of a tough, rugged fighter, but people who knew him knew that he also had a big heart, especially towards pokemon.

Last edited by Mewcario; 10-20-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:44 AM
Marth Offline

"I shall be heading back to the outpost first. I need fresh clothes" I replied, exiting the warm water and heading towards a small room designed for rangers. I changed my military outfit to a snow-adapted vestment: thick-fur pants, snow-walking boots, a long-sleeve shirt and an arm-less jacket.

In less than five minutes, I was outside, leading Robert through the trail that led us to the north entrance of Mt. Otkori. “Entrance” is not a good term to describe it, though – most people wanted to leave the Mountain as soon as they reach the snowy part.

So, why is the north entrance the easiest one? It has the less steep climbing, which is almost imperceptible. It does a zig-zag, beginning to the west, with an inclination of about 10 degrees, all the way up to where the snowy path begins. Then a spiral ascending part begins that is shared by all the entrances.

The sky was free of any clouds, and a chilly wind managed to find its way in our clothes to cool our bodies. Pills of round, large rocks flanked our ascent, which seemed to be placed in random frequencies. But then, a series of rocks had a strange arrangement: one, then two, then three, four, then five, then… five again?

I paused to look at this last rock, when we heard the movement of a similar stone coming from up the hill, rolling fast toward us. Lucario immediately stepped ahead, and stopped the rock on its tracks, then threw it on top of the fifth rock that missed a six.
Who had caused this life-threatening situation? On top of the trail, some 30 yards away, where the zig-zag turned to the right, there was the smallest faint of a Tyroge’s head, which disappeared as soon as I saw it.

“Tyrogue! Tyrogue!” cried a Pokémon behind me. I turned around and I could not believe my eyes. A Tyrogue stood before me, swinging his arms in defiance, inviting us to a fight. Impossible. Such a speed was surely a merit for the Guiness Record and would put Usain Bolt to shame.

“So… want to tackle him?” I asked Robert.

--------
Battle stats:

Wild Tyrogue
Health: 100%
Stats: None

Environmental factors:
Piles of rock to the sides, a long ramp trail is the fighting location. Tyroge is on a lower plane.

-----------------

Pokemon Stats

Old 10-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Robert thought for a second. Either there were two Tyrogues, or this Tyrogue specialized in speed. He wasn't all too pleased about nearly getting crushed, but losing one's cool in battle could prove one's undoing. However, there was one thing Tyrogue couldn't do, and that was fly. Attacking from the air would give him the advantage in battle.

Robert took out Flare's pokeball and recalled his Arcanine. The mountainous footing might impede such a large land-bound pokemon. Cliping that pokeball to his belt, he pulled out a second and released Sapphira, his Dragonite. The large dragon flapped her wings a few times, showing no signs of fear, but instead wearing a stern yet motherly face.

Robert had to be careful though. Not for his Dragonite's sake, but for the Tyrogue's. An Outrage attack could wipe it out in a single go, and he needed to have the Tyrogue's energy drained just low enough to capture. Too much and the poor thing would faint.

"Alright Sapphira, take to the sky and use Thunder Wave!" Robert called out. The Dragonite shot up into the air with a single, strong beat of her wings. Once she was certain she was out of Tyrogue's reach, she began showering the area with a lightly-powered wave of electricity. Although this attack would not cause any real harm, it would be enough to paralyze the Tyrogue if it hit.

Last edited by Mewcario; 10-21-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Marth Offline

A Dragonite was more than a match for a fighting Pokémon that has not yet evolved. David against Goliat, Sasuke against Itachi - you name it. But this is exactly the kind of opponent Tyrogue loved to fight - those who will prove to be a good Challenger

I made sure to step out of the reach of the yellowish electricity shower. Tyrogue, however, took a different approach: he calmly reached out to a nearby stone, then lifted it over his body, like a shield made of pure stone.

The stone was impervious to the electricity; Dragonite’s attack had no effect whatsoever. A better plan would be needed for Tyrogue to become paralyzed.

“Oh no”…he’s not gonna… yup, he did it” I said, astoneished. Pardon the pun, but Tyrogue had just thrown the gigantic boulder without any effort at all. Then he grabbed another one from the pile, and repeated the process again and again… six boulders in total were flying towards Dragonite. It was

Tyrogue’s version of a rockslide, and I must admit, it was going to be something very hard to avoid. Such a hit would surely hurt Dragonite…

Battle stats:

Wild Tyrogue
Stats: None
Attack: Rockslide (using)

Dragonite
Nature: Gentle.

Environmental factors:
Piles of rock to the sides, a long ramp trail is the fighting location. Tyroge is on a lower plane.

-----------------

Pokemon Stats

Old 10-22-2009, 01:10 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Normally a trainer would tell his pokemon to try and dodge the attacks. However, Robert was a skilled coordinator. He knew how to take hold of a disasterous predicament and turn it around, and he was not afraid to take chances. He battled more with his brain and his instinct than simple attack and dodge strategies. "Use Twister and knock those boulders back at Tyrogue!" Robert called out.

As the boulders sped towards Sapphira, the Dragonite began beating her wings and spinning her tail viciously to form a powerful twister aimed at the boulders that were flying towards her. Right now it was strength and velocity vs. strength, gravity and velocity. If the attack was successful, Sapphira would be able to launch most to all of the boulders back simultaneously, and one of them might hit the Tyrogue. Robert made sure to also keep himself out of harm's way.

Last edited by Mewcario; 10-22-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Marth Offline

OOC: I'm sorry for the delay - yesterday was a very busy day for me.

Is it possible for an object to be reflected in the exact opposite direction by a cylindrical movement force? The answer is, simply put, no. Longitudinal forces will alter the trajectory of an object in a perpendicular fashion. The rocks thrown against Dragonite ricocheted to the sides, avoiding any contact with Dragonite, but certainly not being thrown back at Tyrogue. The tornado kept growing until it was wide enough to affect a 10 feet ratio circle, the center of which was Tyrogue.

The wind forces created made it impossible to escape the attack. Tyrogue was flinched by the hit. The hit itself would not have hurt much – what damaged Tyrogue was the dust debris that buffeted him over and over within the vortex.

The twister dissipated when Dragonite stopped flapping his winds. Tyrogue was not angry about the attack – in fact, he was just warming up.
With eyes wide open, he began flexing and extending his arms and legs. Prominent muscle mass was now evident, as if it had been hiding until a proper opponent arrived. He was now stronger, tougher, but as agile as before. He awaited for Dragonite to make the next move.

Battle stats:

Wild Tyrogue
Health: 88%
Stats: ATA / DEF +1
Attack: Bulk Up

Dragonite

Environmental factors:
Piles of rock to the sides, a long ramp trail is the fighting location. Tyroge is on a lower plane, Dragonite is up in the sky.

-----------------

Pokemon Stats

Old 10-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Master Zorua Offline

While things didn't go exactly to plan, the basis of the attack protected Sapphira from what would have been some heavy damage. Lightning attacks were pretty much useless unless he could catch the Tyrogue off of the ground. Close-in attacks would be a rather large risk. Sapphira was a very powerful pokemon, but Robert prefered to play his opponents. As long as Sapphira stayed airborn, Robert figured that the best the Tyrogue could do was fling stuff at her or try to get itself closer by trying to get airborne itself and try to land some physical hits. Tyrogue seemed to buff up: it was time for Sapphira to do the same. "Tyrogue's not the only buff one. Power up with Dragon Dance!" Robert called out.

Sapphira began to spin and climb skyward further, using the ancient power of the dragon bloodline to empower herself and become even more agile. When she came out of her spin, she lowered herself back down a bit. Still remaining up in the air, but only back at the altitude she was at previously, her eyes carefully watching the Tyrogue.

"Keep your eyes on him and wait for the attack!" Robert called out. Robert was rather confident that Tyrogue would make the next move. It had limited options, trying to see things from the Tyrogue's point of view, Twister was already shown to be an effective counter to the boulder flinging barrage. It would have to think of something more creative, and that was what Robert was counting on. If Tyrogue tried to go aireal by leaping, it would be at Sappira's mercy due to her air superiority, increased speed and reaction time. Flinging more boulders at different locations, running back and forth would mean Tyrogue would have to push his body harder by moving around alot more. Even with as buff and tough as Tyrogue was, there was only so much stress a pokemon's body could take before it began to wear out, even though it would probably take a while longer than it would for pokemon with lesser stamina and strength. And once that point was within reach, normal wild pokemon would start doing desperate things and end up making mistakes. Robert waited patiently then for Tyrogue to make his attack. If Tyrogue decided to go aerial and lunge at Sapphira, Robert would call out for a Wing Attack to greet the Tyrogue. If Tyrogue went for a boulder to toss, Robert would call out for Sapphira to blast the closest boulder to Tyrogue with Dragon Rage. The idea would be to not only take out Tyrogue's options for ranged attacks, but the blast radius of the destroyed boulder would more than likely deal residual damage to the fighting type. Then there was the case of what if Tyrogue used the time to bulk up more. Robert had a special plan for that and would try to pressure Tyrogue into attacking without making an attack himself until the moment of truth.

For Robert, the battle was like a game of chess, and once he could figure out his opponent, once he could get inside his opponent's head, he could orchestrate the battle from that point on. It was a strategy he used as a coordinator in the second round battle competitions, and it was what made Robert a dangerous opponent.

Last edited by Mewcario; 10-24-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:30 AM
Marth Offline

If Buda does not go to the mountain...does the mountain go to Buda?
In this case, this is what didn't happen.

Tyrogue, seeing that Dragonite was acting cowardly, decided to leave quietly through the ramp that lead down the mountain. He had no intention of getting injured in an aerial fight he would not win.

Dragonite followed Tyrogue down the mountain path, faithfully following his trainer orders. Robert himself was gazing upon the air, waitting for Tyrogue to appear in his sight field to give the right order to Dragonite.

"He left, you know. Tyrogue". I told Robert, who turned around and blinked at the empty space where Tyrogue had been moments before.

It was kinda comical, actually. Specially the flying rock that came behind Dragonite and hit him on the back of his head. Speaking of that, where the hell did it come from?
There was an unseen enemy. Looking up to the hill, there was nowhere to hide, except for a trio of rock pillars, large enough to hid a Tyranitar beneath. Smaller groups of rocks, like the one that hit Dragonite, were nearby.

Battle stats:

Wild ???
Health: ???
Stats: ???
Attack: Rock slide

Dragonite
Health: 81%

Environmental factors: Unseen enemy, hiding on one of 3 rock pillars up the ramp.

-----------------
Encounters: 13 left. Tyrogue (fled), ??? (Engaged)

Pokemon Stats

Last edited by Marth; 10-26-2009 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Master Zorua Offline

"I suppose our Tyrogue friend decided to cower out when the going got tough. Honorless whelp. Tries to crush us with boulders like a coward, then asks for a battle, and then when he's made to face up for what he did he runs. One that lacks willpower and determination cannot protect others, and those interested only with themselves will do nothing to help others in need. I've no need for a pokemon like him." Robert replied. Rather dissapointing. With all of the show Tyrogue put on, he had hoped for a real battle, a pokemon with the strength and courage of himself, only to come across a pokemon who only acted tough until it was put between a rock and a hard place.

Then suddenly his Dragonite came under attack. Not wanting to risk additional injury without knowing where to strike at without possibly harming others that might be in the area, Robert recalled his Dragonite. "Come out coward! Show yourself! Or are you too scared to fight fairly? Are you going to hide in the shadows, a coward like your Tyrogue friend? If you're going to attack me, at least have the courage to face me like a real pokemon of worth!" Robert called out. Robert kept his hands on his pokeballs, ready to engage whatever appeared. Things were getting ridiculous. Robert was usually the one aiding pokemon in trouble, and now he was falling under attacks of wild pokemon. Talk about a bad karma twist. Still, Robert was utterly disgusted at how they all attacked from the shadows. Not a single spine to any of them. He was a warrior. He always took his battles head on, though always fought with his mind and tactics as well.

Last edited by Mewcario; 10-26-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Marth Offline

"You know, Robert. Pokémon are not humans. Yes, I'm being Captain Obvious here, but you forget that wild Pokémon are not born into a human society, and thus they don't learn the values that define our species as they grow up. They are quite smart, however, and I believe you are off grounds by calling your previous opponent a coward. He did the exactly same thing you ordered your Sapphira to do – to wait for an attack and counter with the best strategy possible. He was clever enough to leave the fight after learning something: how to block a thunder wave and what to expect from a Dragonite after using Rock Slide. If he tried to attack you in the air, he would have gotten badly injured and would not be able to continue his training” I pointed out, exhausted at Robert’s philosophy of humanizing wild Pokémon over and over again.

A laughing voice was heard from behind one of the rock piles, though it was hard to determine which one.

“Honor and courage are values you must teach your companions once they are captured.” I continue, placing my hand on Lucario’s shoulder. You can’t expect them to be born with these values, especially those who are still infants to the world, when our own kids are not born with them.”

I made a signal to Lucario, who began charging a pair of aura spheres on his hands. Lucario then released the full spheres on two of the three rock piles, leaving the middle one intact. The rocks shattered in hundreds of tiny pieces, but there was nobody behind them. Thus the perpetrator was hiding in the remaining one.

“In war, everything is valid – from setting traps to attacking from unseen places. Everything must be done for winning. However, judging by the nature of this enemy, I believe he is not fighting you, but rather, playing with you. That’s up to your Dragonite to find out.” I finished.

-------------------------------------------

Battle stats:

Wild ???
Health: ???
Attack: Rock slide

Dragonite

Environmental factors: Unseen enemy, hiding behind a rock pillar.

-----------------
Encounters: 13 left. Tyrogue (fled), ??? (Engaged)

Pokemon Stats

Old 10-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Robert gave a nod, but he had seen courage an honor in wild pokemon before. However, everyone was different. With two of the boulder piles gone, it was time to take care of the third. A Hyper Beam would obliterate the pile of rock and deal some heavy damage to whatever was behind it. However, if the pokemon slipped away before the attack, it would leave Sapphira open to attack. A Dragon Rage attack would still destroy the boulder pile while lacking the umph of a Hyper Beam, but wouldn't drain Sapphira of energy and would leave her in a position to defend herself.

Robert sent his Dragonite back out into the battle. "Now, use Dragon Rage on that pile of boulders and be ready to move!" Robert called out. Sapphira breathed in deep, mixing the air inside her mouth with draconic energy and then released a powerful yet focused blast into the pile of boulders. Robert kept his eyes open and watching the surrounding area around the boulder pile, waiting to see if anything tried to escape the attack.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Marth Offline

The Dragon Rage emerged as a mixture of blue flames and purple energy, as if the fire was too hot to be red in color. The ray hit the rocks and destroyed them in the same fashion of the Aura Sphere’s from Luke – they didn’t go through them, but they destroyed the pile of rocks all right.

When the dust cleared, a Tyrogue appeared, crouching, as if it were hiding from someone. It seemed oblivious to the fact that his hiding spot had been destroyed, until one of the rubble rocks hit him on his head.

“Ow! Rogue!” he exclaimed, amazed at how his shelter had been reduced to rubble. It stood up, pointed at Dragonite, then jumped at an incredible speed towards Dragonite, his palm open, as if attempting to slap his opponent; or rather, his play buddy.

“Ah, it seems that this Tyrogue was the one who tried to crush us with a boulder before the second one arrived. He’s just a child, though, look at how his arms and legs are shorter, his hair visible, and his hands still not marked with bruises and scars. I think he wants to play tag with you, and you tagged him by hitting him with that little rubble. Now you’ll get attacked, heh. Try not to hurt him much, he’s just teasing you.”

-------------------------------------------

Battle stats:

Wild Tyrogue
Health: 95%
Attack: High Jump FORCE PALM

Dragonite

Environmental factors: Aerial Fight.

-----------------
Encounters: 13 left. Tyrogue (fled), Tyrogue(Engaged)

Pokemon Stats

Old 10-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Robert smiled a bit. "I see. Well then, let's play. Sapphira, use Agility to dodge and start throwing snowballs at him!" Robert called out. This was time now for something more play-like than combative. However, Robert was still mindful to try and balance this out. This was a different personality of Tyrogue he was dealing with. This was a child and as such, he needed to work the battle more like a playful tussle than a hard-hitting power battle.

Sapphira attempts to dodge the attack by pushing off with an added boost to her speed and to the left, landing herself onto the ground. There, she'll start to take the snow from the ground and toss snowballs at the younger Tyrogue with some strength behind them while acting playful, almost like a parent playing with a child. Robert knew this was still a battle, but it was a chance to actually relax a bit. He would start to increase the intensity of the battle, steadily making actual attacks and stronger attacks, but he had to be careful not to drive this one away. he had to keep the tyke's interest.

Last edited by Mewcario; 10-30-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Marth Offline

Tyrogue’s target moved at an extremespeed, so fast, it left an after-image (a phenomenon scientists have not been able to explain to this day). But for the purposes of the description of the battle at hand, Tyrogue happily slapped Draggy’s air silhouette, and was dumbfounded at his attack failing.

It looked around wondering where the hell the dragon had gone, not realizing that he was dropping altitude with increasing speed. It seemed oblivious at the fact that underneath him wasn’t the spot where he had jumped from, and that 100 ft separated him from the ground beneath. Luckily, there was a river flowing nearby, a grassy and flowery trail outlining it, but also a bunch of spikey rocks. A bungee drop that may go wrong, I’d say.

Sapphire’s snowballs appeared on the horizon, hitting Tyrogue on the head, neck and torso. The hits weren’t hard – mind you, Dragonite was certainly not a Pokémon specialized at throwing snowballs - but they made even more distracted at his imminent crash.
“THUUUUUUUUUUUD”

“Oh…what a lucky Tyrogue.” I commented. It had fell in a patch of flowers, and immediately got to his feet, as if saying “LET’S DO IT AGAIN
Tyrogue, however, was quite far away from where we stood, and sending orders from far away would be hard for Robert. He would need to send a group of orders at a time, or give Dragonite entire freedom of what to do next.

OOC: You may either roleplay from Sapphire's point of view, or give orders and see what happens =)

Battle stats:

Wild Tyrogue
Health: 75%
Attack: High Jump FORCE PALM

Dragonite

Environmental factors: Tyroge on lower ground, Dragonit on higher. A river nearby Tyrogue, and spiked rocks.

-----------------
Encounters: 13 left. Tyrogue (fled), Tyrogue(Engaged)

Pokemon Stats

Last edited by Marth; 11-04-2009 at 06:10 AM.