Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:16 PM
DarkraiRaider Offline

Default Re: The Dark Secrets of the Orb of Invincibility

Yeah, well you find out why every battle happens later on. And he DID die. But then he came back to life.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:32 PM
DarkraiRaider Offline

Chapter 22

Shuthr winced as he walked. His shoulder plate was continuously digging into his shoulder and making any arm movement awkward. He held his arm awkwardly and slightly out from his body as he walked. His knee pained him as well from where the edge of the blade on the monster's tail had dug into his leg and had ripped into it heavily when he had been thrown into the air. In fact, it hurt like hell. Saya eyed him worriedly.
"Shuthr, are you alright?" she asked, her voice slightly rusty from the Screech. He cast his eyes briefly over at her for a moment in irritation.
"I'm fine," he replied in a very irritable tone. He increased his pace so he was walking ahead of them. Aeon and Saya exchanged a clear no he's not look.
"Shuthr," Saya began, but as she turned to look at him, she saw a body lying across the path.
A Delta Scyther's body.
"Shuthr!" Saya gasped and ran to him. He was lying with his back to her, and as she rolled him over, saw that he was still conscious but he was grimacing in pain.
"My leg gave out," he winced, eyes tightly shut. He was holding his leg.
"Shuthr, let me see your leg," Saya said, prying his fingers away from his leg. He protested, but eventually gave in. Saya pulled his hand away,exposing his injured leg. As Saya began to unwrap the bandages, Aeon wrinkled her nose.
"Phew, what is that smell?" she said. The horrible odor of corruption rose out from the wound. Saya had a sinking feeling as she began to realize what the problem was. As the bandages came away, Aeon gasped and Saya made a strange choked sound and briefly turned away in revulsion.
"Oh Shuthr, what've you done to yourself?" Saya whispered quietly. The tear in his leg, which should've already healed itself, was still an gaping wound. It was bleeding badly and the skin around it had a sickly purplish tinge to it. Livid red bands were shot around the width of his leg. A strange white secretion oozed from the wound and the skin felt strangely feverish.
"It looks like the blades on that thing's tail were poisoned," Saya informed Aeon quietly. They realized that Shuthr had passed into unconsciousness and working together, they lifted him and moved into the trees to set up camp. Aeon lay out Shuthr's blankets under a tree that leaned far over and formed a kind of tent while Saya built and lit the fire. Aeon threw another blanket over the tree trunk to form a tent, then the two girls carried Shuthr over to his blankets and lay him down on them. As the evening went on, Shuthr began to mutter and toss in his sleep. Eventually, he settled down and Saya and Aeon settled down to a loaf of bread and a bowl of Pecha soup. They put aside some food for Shuthr and Aeon fell asleep.
"Wake me for watch when the moon reaches that point in the sky," Aeon instructed before falling asleep, pointing to a point just above the trees. Saya stayed up to keep watch. The forest at night unnerved her. She jumped at every noise, afraid it was another one of those eight-headed monsters preparing to strike. She was also very worried about Shuthr. He was strong, but this was the first time she'd seen him incapacitated and she couldn't help being very afraid. When the moon reached the ordained point, she was emotionally as well as physically exhausted. She woke Aeon and then rolled into her blankets and fell asleep.

PLEASE COMMENT!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

OHNO poor Shuthr! D:

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
DarkraiRaider Offline

OHNO POOR SHUTHR! Yeah, huh?

Shuthr: Eh, I'll pull through.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:08 PM
DarkraiRaider Offline

Any more guest stars suggested? Anything you'd like to read in future chapters, any characters or battles you'd like to see in the future?
Old 02-18-2011, 04:13 AM
DarkraiRaider Offline

Chapter 23

Cryst, Liam, Tygruti, and Ystriaa plodded through the forest. Tygruti was heavily bandaged but could walk. Liam glanced around warily. They'd just passed a scene of intense violence. The bodies of horrible Houndoom hybrids had lain scattered about the path, slashed and mangled, and a horrible-looking beast had been lying limp only a few meters away. Dried black blood caked a gash in its chest and multiple heads lay around the carcass, separated from the equally multiple trunks of the dead thing. They'd been on high alert since. Suddenly Tygruti's head shot up and he sniffed the air.
"Smell that?" he said softly. Liam sniffed the air as well. Beside him, Cryst did the same.
"Smoke," she muttered softly. Liam nodded, a bare movement of the head. The small party bent low to the ground, their bellies scratching the ground as they moved silently yet quickly towards the scent of smoke. Soon they could not only smell it, but could see wisps of smoke rising from a fire.
Cryst. Fire size relative to the size of the party, Liam thought.
Small campfire. Maybe three, four people, Cryst replied after a short pause. Liam smiled slightly and nodded in approval. Soon he began to see a small fire and a set of blankets spread out through a small clearing. A figure moved by the fire. Liam's eyes narrowed. It was a familiar white Ninetales.
With a snarl, he lunged into the clearing. He sensed rather than saw Cryst and Tygruti leap behind him. He bypassed the Ninetales, his head whipping around wildly for the enemy. Tygruti had pinned down the Ninetales and Cryst had pounced on a funny looking creature-a Raihu, Liam recalled. He spotted a still form in blankets at the edge of the clearing and in a single bound, stood over it. He peeled back the blankets. Immediately, a scythe shot up, aiming at the point of his chin. He struck it aside and his paw flashed out, slamming the Scyther's jaws together and pinning his face to the side. Liam raised his paws for a swift, fatal strike to Shuthr's chest.
"No! Please, no! Don't hurt him!" the Ninetales sobbed from the ground. Liam glanced briefly at her, then back at Shuthr. The Scyther's chest was heaving with rapid, adrenaline-pumped breaths and he glared up at Liam fiercely.
"Don't," snarled Cryst. "He'll just stab you."
Liam looked at her for a long moment. Then he released his hold on Shuthr and hurriedly put distance between him and the Delta. The Ninetales twisted out of Cryst's grip and ran to Shuthr.
"Are you alright?" she whispered. Shuthr gritted his teeth and shook his head fractionally. The other creature, the Raihu, joined her. Only then did Liam notice that Shuthr's face was covered in a sheen of sweat.
"It's getting worse, isn't it?" the Raihu said in a barely audible whisper. The Scyther's eyes half-closed as he nodded. The Raihu clenched her jaw and straightened up, spinning and marching right up to Liam.
"We need your help," she said boldly, and Tygruti laughed.
"Why on earth would we help you?" he said, gesturing towards his bandaged paw. The Ninetales' head snapped to him, and despite the fire burning inside her her eyes were stony and cold as ice.
"Shuthr is badly injured. He was poisoned in a fight with a huge demon. He'll die without help," she replied hotly.
"And?" Liam said coolly. Her gaze snapped back to meet his. The Ninetales moved forward.
"And you'll help Shuthr," she said angrily
"Who are you?" Cryst said rudely. The Ninetales drew herself up to her full height, which wasn't much, and her chin went up defiantly.
"I am Saya Jsa'Rejnn, and you will help him!" she said, her voice ringing with power and authority. Liam hesitated. But before anything could be done, a quiet voice said, "Hold on." All heads turned to Ystriaa.
"As much as you all hate this creature, it goes against my mandate to intentionally refuse treatment to any creature," Ystriaa said.
Well spoken, Ystriaa Kyre Li'Ghasm.
They all whirled around. The words had been spoken, but hummed through the air, strangely crystalline and sounding like two voices-one hers and one higher and more crystalline-had spoken in unison. A bright light filled the clearing, and when it faded, a beautiful entity floated down in front of them. It was a woman, yet she glowed with a pale, silvery-leaf-green light. Her skin radiated light. Even her hair glowed. It looked like she was made entirely from stardust. Or maybe moonlight. She emanated such power. Not Chaos power, but the Light side of the Essence*. Cryst went on her guard. She was surprised when Liam, Tygruti, and the Raihu immediately fell to their knees. Shuthr struggled to stand up, but the woman looked over at him and extended her arm towards him. Her palm pressed against the center of his breastplate, surprisingly cool and relaxing.
Rest, Shuthr.
The Delta slowly sank down to the ground, his eyes closing and his breathing settling into a ragged yet slightly slower rhythm. The entity's feathery touch brushed lightly across Shuthr's forehead and Shuthr's breathing seemed to get easier. Then the beautiful creature turned to them.
"Who are you?" Cryst barked abruptly. Liam glared at her, but the creature held out a hand, palm towards him.
I am known as the Daughter, was the reply. I represent the Light side of the Essence. My brother, the Son, represents the Chaos side of the Essence.
As the word 'Chaos' slipped from her lips, all of them snarled warily.
I am the living Light Essence. I, unlike you, can say Chaos with no fear of attracting my brother's attention, the Daughter said, a hint of disapproval in her voice. Anyways, Shuthr is no creature of Chaos.
Cryst laughed scornfully.
"How do you know?" she sneered, earning a glare of hatred from Saya and a look of annoyance at her disrespect from Liam. Now the Daughter seemed to notice her.
Libshomin Jistno Crsy.
Cryst shifted slowly out of her crouch into a casual standing posture.
"How do you know my name?" she hissed. The Daughter took no notice of her question. She looked from Cryst to Saya and her lip curled into a smile at the corners.
It's time for you to regain some memories of your past. She drifted over to Cryst swiftly and extended an arm towards Cryst's head, her slender index finger held slightly aloft, tip glowing, and her movements too fast for Cryst to react.
Remember, she said, and the tip of her finger touched the skull at the center of Cryst's forehead. Cryst's eyes rolled up into her head briefly and her head gracefully arching slightly backwards and her lips parting slightly. Then she blinked in surprise, shook her head slowly, and looked at Saya. A look of shock filled her eyes as she saw the Ninetales.
What she said next shocked them.
"Saya! Sister!"

Comment, pls.
*If you want a visual image, then see Cartoon Network's Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 3, Episode 9: Overlords.

Last edited by DarkraiRaider; 02-19-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

>:O Tygruti, you meanie-face! XD
Great chapter! I sense an epic mystery coming~

Old 03-02-2011, 03:55 AM
DarkraiRaider Offline

Thanks, aeon! :DDDDDDDDDD And yes, MAJOR mystery comin'. But Cryst doesn't remember anything else, and neither does Saya. Here's the next chap.

Chapter 24

Tyson ran through the forest, gasping for air as he pushed through briars and huge clusters of thorns that clutched at his clothes and whipped his face. His hair was tousled and a long scratch ran across his nose. Tears streaked his grimy face.
"Hius!" he half-sobbed, tears falling down his face as he ran. "Hius!"
Tyson!
Glowing phoenix wings blotted out the sky for a moment. A glowing spirit appeared, flitting along beside him on her amazing wings.
"Shaa!" the boy sobbed. "Hius is...is..."
The spirit let out a shocked hiss.
They didn't.
"My daemon! They killed my daemon!" Tyson wailed, and would've dropped to his knees in misery and just sat there, weeping, if not for the girl. She scooped the boy up in her arms, cradling him much like a mother holds a baby, and took flight, Tyson curled up against her chest sobbing. Shaa landed in a clearing a few miles away and knelt, cradling Tyson against her chest as sobs racked his body. Soon the sobs died away into shuddering gasps and Tyson fell asleep. Miles away, a howl of frustration rang through the forest. Tyson shied away from the noise in his sleep, then settled down. A Mightyena crashed into the clearing with a fearsome snarl, braced for battle.
Tyson? she snarled a question at Shaa.
Fine for now, she replied. Ruul, they...they killed...
I know, the Mightyena said softly. I felt it. She leaned down until her nose touched Tyson's forehead. Poor boy...
I've never quite understood what a daemon is exactly... Shaa murmured to herself. Ruul snorted in disbelief.
How can you not know? she said in a superior tone. Shaa's eyes dropped to the floor.
I...I've never had one, she said in a soft voice. Ruul realized she'd embarrassed the spirit and regarded her with sympathy before finally taking pity on her.
It's an embodiment of one's soul in a solid body. Pokemon form, to be exact, she explained. Most Pokemons' daemons are present only as a voice, but humans in this world, like Tyson, have daemons with solid present forms. To touch another's daemon is grossly inappropriate and goes against the Ancient Laws. To kill one's daemon is even worse. It's like tearing apart one's soul.
Will Tyson ever be the same? Shaa asked, wincing slightly.
Only time can tell, Ruul said softly.

Last edited by DarkraiRaider; 03-06-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Uh-oh, not the daemon! XD I'm just kidding; iunno what a daemon even is.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:16 AM
DarkraiRaider Offline

I just edited the chapter. I have some serious writer's block.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:13 PM
DarkraiRaider Offline

Chapter 25

Saya was stunned, but she hid it well.
She'd been surprised, but she'd reacted coolly and remote, merely saying, "Hi there" and walking over to sit by Shuthr.
She frowned. Shuthr. He worried her. Despite the Daughter's aid, he wasn't doing well. He snarled dismissively whenever they tried to tend to him, and always tried to rise, but always fell back with fear in his eyes at how weak he was. Now he was unconscious, but fitful. He muttered and tossed in his sleep, with increasing frequency and violence. At present, there were only a few mutters and some tossing about, but she knew it would get worse later. Saya saw Aeon making her way towards them, and anticipated her concern.
Aeon sat down beside her and sighed, stroking the side of Shuthr's face with the back of her hand.
"He's getting worse," she said in a low voice. "Ystriaa isn't gonna be much help in this condition. He needs a healer. Soon."
"I know," Saya said heavily. "The problem is FINDING one."
Cryst, who was sitting a little ways away with Tygruti, Ystriaa and Liam, glanced over in their direction and said in a low voice,"Isn't there anything we can do?"
"We...we could get him to Gardewua," Tygruti suggested hesitantly. "Her castle is near here."
"No," Liam growled. When the other two looked at him with surprise, he dropped his eyes and muttered, "I don't trust her, let alone with anyone else. And despicable as Shuthr is, he doesn't deserve that."
"Well, then what can we do? Just sit around? Grab some popcorn and watch him die?" growled Cryst, her eyes creased with frustration. Ystriaa patted her shoulder. As much as Cryst disliked the Delta, she couldn't help feeling bad for him. She agreed with Liam's statement, though in a different way--he didn't deserve this kind of pain, no matter how evil he was, especially because, according to Saya and Aeon, Shuthr had been injured saving their lives. Liam's expression softened as he saw she was really concerned for Shuthr, despite the fact that he tried to kill them.
They heard yelling and Saya's voice, rising in pitch with tension and increasing panic. Cryst spun and raced over to them, the others on her heels.
Shuthr was tossing and turning on his blankets, his jaw clenched tightly and moans of pain escaping from between his clenched teeth. Saya looked over at Cryst helplessly.
"He was fine a minute ago! But now he won't wake up! I've tried everything!" she cried, her voice bordering on the edge of hysteria. Cryst gently but firmly shook Shuthr's shoulder.
"Shuthr," she said urgently. "Shuthr!"
Shuthr reacted violently to her touch, yelling out and trying to throw her hand away. Cryst withdrew her hand hastily, and Ystriaa pried Shuthr's jaws apart and forced him to swallow a golden liquid. Shuthr resisted, but swallowed, and the tossing and moaning died down. The group exchanged glances.
"We need to get him help," Cryst said urgently. "Now."
And nobody argued.

Liam called in the Lugia that had delivered them treasure a few weeks ago. They had fashioned a litter out of long sturdy branches, cloth, and twine. Shuthr had been bound to it with a length of twine, calm now, but scarily silent. Saya cast Shuthr a worried look, then looked to Liam and nodded briefly. "Let's go."
Lugia took off, rising gracefully into the air with Shuthr hanging beneath him.
"Go to the Eternal Forest!" called Aeon. "Ask for Aralan! He'll help!"
Lugia nodded and with a triumphant cry of, "HRRROOOOOOOO!" shot over the trees towards the east with blinding speed. Saya exhaled in a huff of air and turned to Liam, Cryst, and Tygruti. "Thank you so much," she said fervently. "I know you had no reason to trust him, but he was trying to protect us."
"Save it," Liam growled, and he stalked away.
"Yeah. Real nice of you. Oh, I tooooootally see the high regard you have for life," Saya grumbled sarcastically. Cryst rolled her eyes in agreement. Tygruti snickered.
Cryst.
"Huh?" Cryst said aloud. The others looked over at her.
"What?" Tygruti asked, confused.
"Nothing," Cryst replied.
Nex? she thought hard. Is that you?
Yeah. Did you sanction a Lugia to deliver an injured Delta to the Eternal Forest?
Shuthr? Yeah. They got there already?
Well, I can say two things for certain-- Shuthr is not a well liked figure. And...he's nearly dead.
Saya's mouth went dry. She could hear every word, and her heart was seized by an icy fist.
That bad? Cryst thought.
Oh yeah. He must have run afoul of a Skyl.
"Yeah, that's what Shuthr called it, a Skyl," Saya said unthinkingly, and realized everyone was staring at her.
Um...yeah, it was called a Skyl, I think he got injured by, Cryst thought back, still staring at Saya.
Huh. Saya fancied she heard an unsaid 'the idiot. Who'd be stupid enough to provoke one of those things?' and saw red.
"While saving our lives," she felt the urge to mention.
Noted. Saya thought she detected a note of wryness in Nex's voice. This annoyed her somehow, but she controlled it.
Make sure he's taken care of, Nex. We'll be arriving in a couple day's time. Keep a watch, Cryst instructed.
Aye aye, General Crsy, Nex replied, and then Cryst sensed his presence fade from her mind. She wore a confused look on her face.
"General?" she said in confusion. "He called me General Crsy. What was that about?"
"I...believe you served in a war. Two factions, Midnight Sun and Morning Dusk," Saya began. "Nex was part of Morning Dusk, until he became an exile. He was a commander. I was a general. I led his squad. I led the faction to victory with only two hundred casualties in all, both sides combined," Cryst said suddenly. Her gaze was vacant, as if she was seeing the battle all over again, as if it had just happened for her. Liam cast her a quick glance.
"Supper," he said quietly, and everyone scrambled over except Saya. Saya continued to stare at the sky, her face creased with worry. Aeon placed a paw on her shoulder.
"He'll be okay," she said quietly.
Saya glanced at her then looking back up at the stars, said softly, "He always is."
A glistening tear rolled down her cheek, tracing a path through her soft, cream-white fur to land in the dew-moistened grass her paws rested in.

I've been gone for a while, so please comment.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:15 AM
DarkraiRaider Offline

Chapter 26

Shuthr burned. A long slow burn that started in his leg and enveloped the rest of him.
Cool, airy fingers brushed delicately and lightly against the surface of his leg, causing the burn to flare up, the agony to swell.
But his training was good. He made no sound, gave no outcry of pain, just gritted his teeth and bore it. The fingers lifted, and were replaced by meaty, brutish fingers that prodded and jabbed without regard. These sent stabs of pain up his leg, and he couldn't control a gasp.
The fingers withdrew, and then something stabbed into his thigh. Instantly, his leg grew numb, and he was vaguely aware of needles pricking his skin, slipping through chinks in the armor plating on his leg or simply punching through the armor itself. It barely stung, but it was the number of times that got to Shuthr. Then he felt a needle moving swiftly through his sore, burning flesh, and after only a few seconds the sutures burned like fire, adding another burning wave to the tide of fire sweeping over his body. Then the fire became icy, spreading a relieving sensation over Shuthr's leg. His vision went from black to blurry, and he could make out Pokemon faces; one, a Zoroark with a stern, lined face, had oddly pointed humanoid ears and dramatically arched eyebrows.
"He's responding well," a woman's voice said, sounding far away. "Readings, Spock?"
Spock... an odd name.
"His heartbeat, pulse, and blood pressure are all stable, Miss Katira," the Zoroark said. His voice was as emotionless as his face. "The venom has reached the nerves and is atimulating violently."
Shuthr's fingers twitched of their own accord. The muscles in his arm tensed and relaxed on their own, constantly. Another prick in his wrist and his muscles stilled their convulsions. He cast around frantically for a subject to think on to distract himself from the pain and lit upon Saya.
Saya. What were his feelings about the playful, sarcastic Ninetales? She was talkative, provocative, prodding, soft-hearted, thoroughly annoying alltogether.
But there was another side to his thoughts. She was thoughtful, determined, brave, stubborn, intelligent, witty, playful, exuberant, compassionate. She could draw him out of his shell like no one else could. And she was so...human, somehow. It was relaxing. She didn't care about his bloody, confused past. Aeon unnerved him with that knowing gaze she always landed on him. Like she knew everything about him...Whereas, Saya was just a girl, really. Aeon was centuries old.
Then he began to think about his past, full of turmoil and hardship. He'd grown up a street orphan, fighting to survive against other orphans. He'd been slim and slight, and extraordinarily agile, lithe, and fit. He'd possessed a wiry strength--never well-muscled, but strong, and was still so. He'd eventually had to fight other boys to survive, full brawls for a couple of coins for food. He remembered the way all the girls had behaved, sitting in alleys and staring numbly at something no one else could see, faces gaunt and hollow, their eyes haunted, hair matted, limp, and greasy, never speaking, their cheekbones sticking out under tightly-stretched skin...Then one day, Shuthr would walk down the alleyway and they'd be inexplicably gone. He'd never see them again. He'd never wondered about them then, but now he did. Then he remembered the day he'd met Ralda...
One day he had been starving. There had been no fights, no scraps. He was desperate. He slumped down against a wall. This was not a bad place to die, he thought.
He heard a commotion and yelling. An Umbreon came darting up the sidewalk, a huge roast ham clenched between her teeth. She ducked into the alleyway and after a few seconds noticed the sallow-faced, bone-thin Scyther boy huddled by the trash can, staring at her with hallowed eyes.
"You hungry?" she asked, holding out the ham. Wide-eyed, Shuthr had grabbed the ham from her and began tearing off chunks with his teeth as if afraid it would be taken away from him at any moment. The Umbreon watched him eat. Shuthr cleaned the bone and smiled--the tiniest uplifting of the corner of his mouth.
"I'm Ralda," the Umbreon said.
"I'm Shuthr," Shuthr replied. Ralda allowed her eyes to rove over the scrawny Scyther.
"You look like a Delta. That's cool." She paused for a second. "How'd you like to be friends?"
Shuthr paused now. She wasn't bad-looking. She was friendly enough. And she seemed to know her way around. He shrugged and took her out-stretched paw.
"Okay," he said.
Shuthr found the memory getting blurry and realized they were giving him sedatives. That was extremely annoying. He tried to hold on to the memory of Ralda's face, but it shifted and morphed into Saya's face. While he tried to figure that out, he faded into unconsciousness.

Comment, please!