Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Yearbooks

I check the past page and didn`t really see anything about school yearbooks. So, I figured I could make one ^^

What are your opinions on yearbooks? Do you like them, or do they simply annoy the crap out of you? Do the pictures come out nice, or are they all blury and pixelated?

I don`t mind them, but don`t go all gaga when they come out. It`s fun having friends sign them, and then signing theirs and doodling beside the comment.

However, last year, I found they spelled my name wrong, twice, in two differant ways. Least they could do is keep it to one typo ^^`

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }

Last edited by Moonlight; 10-08-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 PM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

Default Re: Yearbooks

A yearbook for me is to actually keep record and track of the freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors at the time for my high school years. It takes a while to get up to the money to earn the yearbooks in which my mother always fails at because then once she earns $65, the prices for yearbooks go up and that was when it was the cheapest this year. I'd get them early or sooner rather than wait till May for when they're $90. I had no yearbook yesterday. I was supposed to but Mom was the reason behind it that it was too much and I lost responsibility for the other because she would've claimed someone had stolen it when I was sitting in my World History Class. Well now I'm a senior and I'm getting one anyway. Plus we were just submitting quotes that we received the paper from our English Class to the yearbook and they always insert our photos from Picture Day into the yearbook and other stuff. I wouldn't know what would be inside a yearbook if I bought one now and then decided to look inside it but I bet it'd have our past rallies. That ONE during that ONE WEEK or Friday we had a Rally Day Schedule and other stuff like that and I'm also uploading pictures to photoshop. Don't know if those will exist in there or not but we'll see in there what it should look like.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

I have a cheap yearbook from elementary (paper-back and black and white pictures) and one from seventh grade, I think. Now that I'm in high school, I'm only going to buy one for my senior year. No offense, but $65 (or $70 doing the second semester), seems a bit too much for me for a book I'm only going to glance at rarely. Next year, though, I will buy one becuase I'll be moving to Austin after that, my friend is most likly going to this Navy academy in Maryland, and the rest of my friends will stay here.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 10-07-2009, 11:13 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
I have a cheap yearbook from elementary (paper-back and black and white pictures) and one from seventh grade, I think. Now that I'm in high school, I'm only going to buy one for my senior year. No offense, but $65 (or $70 doing the second semester), seems a bit too much for me for a book I'm only going to glance at rarely. Next year, though, I will buy one becuase I'll be moving to Austin after that, my friend is most likly going to this Navy academy in Maryland, and the rest of my friends will stay here.

- Kat
Same here. The senior yearbook is the only one that's worth it because most of my friends are going off to all sorts of places; one of them has already joined the army, actually. I mean, only 2 or 3 of my friends are actually going to UT Austin with me; I figured I should get a yearbook because, sadly, I might not see some of my friends for a long, long time.

My Battle Log
Old 10-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Yearbooks are awesome. They're good for stalking your schoolmates. >:D (But only in the short run...)

Nah, just kidding. They're for nostalgia, when you get separated from your schoolmates, and you don't know if you'll ever see them again. At least when you do, you'll have a higher chance of recognis/zing them. Especially when the pictures of us are all really clear. :D
Old 10-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

I've gotten a yearbook every year since fifth grade. I think they're very important.

I think our prices are fair.

5-6th grade - Paperback, 60 pages approximately - $15.00
7-8th grade - Hardcover, 100 pages approximately - $25.00-30.00*
9th grade - Hardcover, almost 400 pages - $80-92*
10th grade - Hardcover, unknown number of pages - $75.00-85.00*

*Depending on which version you got. Normal, or with autograph paper, name on the front, symbols, etc.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:46 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson

Not a high school student anymore, I have no authority to degrade yearbooks.

But those are some of the saddest sacks of crap I've seen.

Especially here. PUNS FLYING ABOUT, IT'S PUNTASTIC. They should be pun-ish- FFFF
Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 PM
mightydes Offline

Send a message via MSN to mightydes Send a message via Skype™ to mightydes

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
I've gotten a yearbook every year since fifth grade. I think they're very important.

I think our prices are fair.

5-6th grade - Paperback, 60 pages approximately - $15.00
7-8th grade - Hardcover, 100 pages approximately - $25.00-30.00*
9th grade - Hardcover, almost 400 pages - $80-92*
10th grade - Hardcover, unknown number of pages - $75.00-85.00*

*Depending on which version you got. Normal, or with autograph paper, name on the front, symbols, etc.
Why so expensive?

For me I got in 3rd Grade when my school closed down for free. Then I got one in Grade 6 for free. (albeit these were just ones you could print off of Powerpoint. And then in Grade 10 I got one for $35 with autograph paper. And Grade 11 will be the same for me, and I'm assuming Grade 12 will too.

And I love yearbooks. Lets you remember all the good times, and all your old classmates.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:56 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

I try to get yearbooks for every year of high school since hardly anyone at my school that i know stays for more than a year, and then there are the junior year graduates. The $70 fee for it is kinda outrageous but I have gotten used to it. So far I have a yearbook for every grade since 7th.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:08 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

For high school, I only got a yearbook for senior year. Honestly, the whole thing is a really unattractive mess that focuses on nothing but the athletic teams and the sports jocks that are a part of them (and football was like the only sport our high school really cared about, so every other team was thrown on the back burner). Everyone else got a pretty tiny corner. And at the back, there were nearly twenty pages of messy photo collages of people that either I don't remember or didn't think much of. And strangely enough, the whole theme behind it was coffee, of all things, using phases such as "the perfect blend" and that kind of thing. To say the least, it was pretty disappointing.

Honestly, I haven't opened it in years. Sadly, it doesn't really bring back any good memories. I enjoyed my years of college way more than my high school years...

Old 10-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydes View Post
Why so expensive?

For me I got in 3rd Grade when my school closed down for free. Then I got one in Grade 6 for free. (albeit these were just ones you could print off of Powerpoint. And then in Grade 10 I got one for $35 with autograph paper. And Grade 11 will be the same for me, and I'm assuming Grade 12 will too.

And I love yearbooks. Lets you remember all the good times, and all your old classmates.
The one I got in ninth grade was kind of ridiculous; part of the cover was plastic glass. x3
Old 11-25-2009, 01:09 AM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

They always take the pictures of me on Picture Day, which is when my mom makes me wear something really stupid. I'm gonna try to put in a picture of myself before they print it, though. They always get black and white, and make horrible puns.

Me and my brother like to get out old yearbooks and doodle in them with black marker mischeviously. The other day, my brother was showing me an old yearbook, and they made the WORST puns in there in the history of puns.

The printers of the high+junior school yearbook tried to be funny by putting in a bunch of captions beside the photos. There's one photo where the photographer took it secretly during class. It shows three kids in different desks, one with his hand up, another just staring forward weirdly, and the last asleep.

The photographer put in the caption, "[whatever the first one's name is] says, 'I know the answer,' while [whatever the second one's name is] ponders the question. Meanwhile, [whatever the third one's name is] collapses under the pressure."

COLLAPSES UNDER THE PRESSURE!? HE WAS ASLEEP, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, NOT TRYING TO ANSWER THE QUESTION, WHATEVER IT WAS!

I laughed out loud until my ribs started to ache when I read this. :)
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 11-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiantly Vaporeon View Post
"[whatever the first one's name is] says, 'I know the answer,' while [whatever the second one's name is] ponders the question. Meanwhile, [whatever the third one's name is] collapses under the pressure."
Goes to show how stressful school is. XD

I wish mine had captions too. :X
Old 12-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Wow, I had no idea some could cost that much!

Ours has been in colour for the last few years and only costs 10$, which is included in our student fees.

The more I look at last year`s (2008-2009) the more I realise how unfair it kind of is. They cut all the clubs, as in no club has their pic included. It`s really all about sports and vocations.

Mew, Meow, Nya

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Medieval Manaphy Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Medieval Manaphy

I Like school year books lol they "Ight"

I don't care for the typos, because some of the kids from our school are on yearbook staff and the pick the pictures and do the typeing.