Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 10-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Individual RP: Brizer

A nice day, it was. Bright, warm, and a pleasant breeze was blowing. I stood near the dock and breathed in deep, enjoying the scent of seawater and the warm sun on my skin.

I was waiting for the next ferry, which was running about ten minutes late. I'd radioed in to make sure everything was fine, and the captain had assured me they'd just left late. It seemed a few Trainers had gotten lost, and that was the cause of the delay.

I sighed a little and turned, heading inside the Outpost and going to sit behind the counter. I booted up the computer and started randomly going through Trainer files, seeing who'd captured what, checking credentials, seeing if anyone had done the online sign-up that gave them priority over Trainers who did paperwork after getting here. I was nearly finished when I heard a knock at the door. Jumping in surprise, I glanced from the computer screen in time to see the Outpost door swing open. In came a group of about fifteen Trainers, all chatting in eager voices. I grinned at the sight of them, feeling their excitement rub off on me as I stood. I clapped my hands to gain their attention, cleared my throat, and spoke up.

"Right, right, well then, welcome to the National Park, everyone! I'm glad you could all make it. Now, I've been going through files, and it seems only one of you did the online application. Ah, let's see..." I quickly scanned back through the files before finding the one I was looking for. "Rastapopulous?" I muttered to myself, getting the feeling that someone was being a goof. I then shrugged and called louder, “Rastapopulous?” At my call, a tall young man stepped forward. I nodded at him, then addressed the crowd again. "I'll call for someone to come get everyone else situated. Enjoy your visit!" I then put in a call to one of the off-duty Rangers, waved for Rastap…Rasta…to follow me, and headed through the door that separated the main lobby from the Ranger area. We walked down the bland hallway and exited the building through the rear door. Instead of walking to the golf-cart like vehicles parked in the small parking lot, I came to a stop a few feet from the back door and motioned for Rasta to stand by me.

"Now then, Rasta…do you mind if I call you that? Anyways, we're not taking a cart to Mount Oktori. Once you get to a certain distance, the wheels on them can't handle the ice and everything. That, and even though the chances of it are slim, we don’t want the rumble of the engine to cause an avalanche. Instead, we're going to be teleporting there. I’m borrowing a fellow Ranger’s Abra for the task. Now don't worry, it's safe and painless and you won't even realize it's happening until it's over." I then pulled a Ball from my pack and smiled a little, releasing a child-sized, saffron-skinned Pokemon from within. The Abra materialized sitting down, head against his chest, tail curled into his lap. I grabbed Rasta's right wrist in my left hand and then placed my right hand on the Abra's shoulders. "Poko, take us to Mount Oktori!"

There was a crack and a brief flare of bright light; less than a second of a second later, we reappeared at the outskirts of Mount Oktori. Thanking him, I recalled the Abra and then glanced around. We were about ten yards from a towering monolith of stone and ice, which would, of course, be Mount Oktori. Dozens of black areas on the sides of the mountain indicated cave entrances. We were standing on barren land that was covered with thick, powdery snow, and in many places slick ice covered the ground instead. There were no trees, only scraggly bushes scattered here and there, their bare limbs twisted because of the chilly atmosphere. A cold wind was blowing, sometimes hard and howling, sometimes gently whistling, but never really ending. The breezes kicked up swirling eddies of snow and threw them around; because of this, there were piles of snow everywhere. Most were somewhat small, but there were large ones dotting the area. There was a particularly large snowdrift near where the path winding up the mountain started. Strewn around near the base of the mountain were rocks and stones of varying sizes, all of them covered in a sheet of ice and snow. The trail up the mountain was also littered with bits of stone; coupled with the snow that hid the path from sight and the ice underneath it, the whole thing was a rather treacherous setup.

"Well, here we are, Mount Oktori,” I said, fighting back a shiver and trying not to stutter. I motioned towards a wide, squat shed that was set up about four yards away from us. “Let’s get geared up before we freeze to death, eh? Oh, before I forget again, my name's Trainer Sara...don't ask, I know it's weird. You can call me whatever, doesn't matter to me."

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Rastapopulous
Money: 7,400

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 15

Pokemon Stats:
-Quirky Male Gengar (Substitute, Protect, Hidden Power [Fire], Psychic, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Explosion, Focus Blast, Psych Up, Taunt, Will-o-wisp, Trick) <Levitate Ability>
100%

-Calm Female Sceptile (Dragon Claw, Solarbeam, Dragon Pulse, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Hidden Power [Steel], Substitute, Leech Seed) <Overgrow Ability>
100%

-Naughty Male Snorlax (Curse, Earthquake, Return, Brick Break, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Rock Slide, Protect, Surf) <Thick Fat Ability>
100%

Total Items: 7 Park Balls, 5 Super Balls, 3 Hyper Balls, 5 Max Potion, 5 Full Heals, Pokeplayer, Sneasel Disc, Riolu Disc

Total Pokemon Encountered: n/a

Total Pokemon Captured: n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-09-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: Individual RP: Brizer

Rastapopulous rubbed the rim of his cowboy hat, feeling the frost that had already accumulated. "I don't think I'll have to worry about freezing", he scoffed. "I don't really get cold often. Oh, and Rasta is fine, people call me that all the time" Nobody called him that, but he liked the ring to it. He chuckled at the thought.

He wiped his fingers on his jacket and looked around. "So I'm guess--" a small pellet hit Rastapopulous in the eye. He looked down at the little piece of hail, glaring at it angrily. He crunched it under his boot as he reached for the sunglasses dangling from his pocket. "As I was saying...So I'm guessing we're headed up there?" He said, putting the large-framed aviator sunglasses on, shading his eyes from view. He pointed at the peak of the mountain, which stared menacingly back at him, as if daring him to begin the trek.

As he began to move, he motioned to the Ranger to follow. "Hey! Whose leading who here!" He laughed. That soon turned to a grimace when he felt the cold slush under his feet begin to seap through the bottom of his shoes. "Should have worn boots" he muttered. Feeling the Park Balls in the rustic black backpack he had on his left shoulder, he started to get antsy. "You coming?" He yelled impatiently, but lightheartedly. He was already moving up the path, and hoped he was going the right way.

OOC: How'd I do?

Near: Brizer, I NEED YOU ...damnit. Wow that sounded pretty gay
URPG Stats
Old 10-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: Good, good ^^.

=====

IC: I couldn't help but chuckle at the man's impatient eagerness. I followed him for a moment, then angled towards the shed with a smile.

"Well, you might not get cold easily under normal circumstances, but it's hard to tell how long we'll be here, and the weather can get downright inhospitable. Better to be safe than sorry. And there are all-terrain, water-proof, slip-proof boots in that locked, the kind that keep your feet warm and dry in like, minus forty-degree weather." I winked at the Trainer and broke into a trot, wrapping my arms around myself and already beginning to feel miserable. I hate cold weather, I really do.

I passed a large snowdrift on my way, not really paying attention to it. Well, that was until the damn thing fairly exploded and sent cold snow all over me. I yelped in shock, partly because of the snowdrift blowing apart in the first place, mostly from the amount of snow that hit my bare skin and got under my shirt. I whirled in time to see a small, triangular-shaped Pokemon standing in the middle of a snow circle, all that remained of the snowdrift. The little thing was black, with a light blue cloak wrapped snugly around its body. Cherry-red eyes stared up at me as the Pokemon, which just barely came up to my waist, gave a little shiver. It then made a sad sort of noise, staring at me in such a desolate manner that I felt like scooping it up and comforting it. The Snorunt blinked once and shifted, turning and seeing Rasta, making that sad, mournful noise again.

"Aawww, poor little thing," I said, struggling not to start stuttering. I was shivering, not too badly, but it would only get worse now that the snow had melted and gotten me wet. I needed to get into warm, dry clothes suited for the area before I caught a cold or suffered from hypothermia or something equally unpleasant. I didn't want to leave the Snorunt alone, though, when it seemed so desolate.

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 14

Pokemon Stats:
-Quirky Male Gengar (Substitute, Protect, Hidden Power [Fire], Psychic, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Explosion, Focus Blast, Psych Up, Taunt, Will-o-wisp, Trick) <Levitate Ability>
100%

-Calm Female Sceptile (Dragon Claw, Solarbeam, Dragon Pulse, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Hidden Power [Steel], Substitute, Leech Seed) <Overgrow Ability>
100%

-Naughty Male Snorlax (Curse, Earthquake, Return, Brick Break, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Rock Slide, Protect, Surf) <Thick Fat Ability>
100%

Total Items: 7 Park Balls, 5 Super Balls, 3 Hyper Balls, 5 Max Potion, 5 Full Heals, Pokeplayer, Sneasel Disc, Riolu Disc

Total Pokemon Encountered:
Snorunt {Encounter 1}

Total Pokemon Captured: n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-15-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

OOC: Sorry for being so late >.< College apps are a b*itch!

Rastapopulous stopped. He turned around at the sound of the Snorunt, seeing its beady red eyes staring back at him, pleading. "Well...I can't just leave this little guy here now...can I?" He said matter-of-factly. He approached the Snorunt, moving slowly and carefully, as if the noise would scare it away. He knelt down next to Snorunt, his jeans hitting the slush. Rastapopulous rolled a Pokeball out next to the Snorunt.
A bright white light shone out of the ball, and Sceptile appeared, standing, almost oblivious to the world around her.
"Sceptile", Rastapopulous said calmly, as he watched Sceptile look down at Snorunt calmly, and Snorunt responded with an aura of calmness itself. "Use your Hidden Power of Steel. Be gentle, though, we wouldn't want to scare it away!"
Sceptile's hands began to move, as the air around it began to gently swirl, and thin layers of steel and air began being created in the air around her, flying at Snorunt.
Rastapolulous got up from the snow, staying on his toes in case Snorunt was skittish.

URPG Stats
Old 10-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Rasta sent out his Sceptile, which surprised me considering where we were. The lizard appeared unfazed by the cold, but I knew that wasn’t the case. She was a Grass Pokemon, and no Grass Type could last long when exposed to the vicious, icy weather here. Hopefully the battle would be over before Rasta’s Pokemon fell to overexposure.

The Sceptile, at her Trainer’s command, readied and launched a weak Hidden Power, Steel Typed. Snorunt, blinking at Sceptile, actually scooted closer to the larger Pokemon before she attacked. It was almost like it didn’t realize it was in a battle…or like it didn’t care.

Snorunt didn’t try to dodge the Hidden Power, instead ducking close to the ground. The attack clipped the top of its head, and the little Pokemon grunted faintly. Still, it drew closer to Sceptile until it was pressed right up against her scaly leg. The small Pokemon smiled up at the lizard, then bent down and gathered up twin handfuls of loose, wet snow. Giggling, the icy little creature flung the snow into air, where it was caught by the constant scouring wind. It whipped about, swirling around Sceptile and dragging across her skin. Snorunt just giggled again, pressing right back up against the Pokemon’s leg and looking please with itself.

I realized at that moment that Snorunt hadn’t meant to hurt Sceptile with that Powder Snow; it was just trying to be friendly. It didn’t realize this area was inhospitable for Pokemon not designed for it. The way Snorunt was acting made me wonder why it was so happy and why it seemed so attached to Rasta’s Pokemon. At the same time I started shivering worse. Whatever happened in the battle, it’d have to wait.

“Wait a minute, Rasta,” I called to the young man, teeth chattering. “Just give me a second, okay? I gotta get some warm, dry clothes on. Right back!” I turned without giving him a chance to reply and dashed towards the shed, my bare skin stinging badly from the cold. I fumbled with the doors -which weren’t locked, since no one would come out here to steal cold-weather clothing- and finally flung them open, then closed them behind me. Five minutes later I came back out, changed into warm, dry clothes and wearing a thick, heavy coat. Thermal under wear beneath my clothes trapped my body heat, and it wasn’t long before I was nice and toasty. The boots I now wore came up to my knees and were dark brown, my coat was black, and my specially-designed pants were the color of dark moss. I also had black gloves on. Slung over one shoulder was a coat and a pair of warm pants for Rasta, and under my other arm was a second pair of boots. I hurried back over and held the items out to him, puffing.

“You might not be bothered by the cold, but like I said, it’ll get to you soon enough. You can just put the pants on over the ones you’re wearing now.” I glanced at Sceptile and Snorunt, adding, “You can continue the battle now. Sorry, I just had to change and all. Otherwise, I’d be a freezypop or something!”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Calm Female Sceptile: 77.20%
-? ? Snorunt: 83.22%

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 14

Pokemon Stats:
100%

-Calm Female Sceptile (Dragon Claw, Solarbeam, Dragon Pulse, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Hidden Power [Steel], Substitute, Leech Seed) <Overgrow Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
77.20%

100%

Snorunt {Encounter 1}

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

=====

OOC: Sceptile takes 10% at the end of every post because of the bad weather and her Type.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-19-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

OOC: I'm gradually making my posts closer to when you make yours :P

Sceptile winced from the snow, as it lightly pelted her face.

"Wait!" Rasta yelled. "What are we supposed to do, Scep? It doesn't want to hurt us, and I can't just attack a Pokemon that is being so friendly to us." Rasta contemplated, digging his boots into the snow. "Alright Scep, Leech Seed it! That way, we can still get its health down, and protect you from now damage, but it won't be hurting it like a leaf storm would!" Rasta felt relieved. He'd just have to wait this out with some weaker moves, then go for the capture. "Now use another Hidden Power to distract it while you throw the seeds!" Rasta yelled, the bottom of his boots beginning to soak in the snow. He was beginning to wish he had brought a jacket.

"So", he turned to the ranger, "looks like you're geared up to go. Let me just finish up with this Snorunt, and we can really be off!" Rasta turned attention back to Sceptile and Snorunt. "Lets go Scep, put that plan into action!"

URPG Stats
Old 10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Snorunt either didn’t hear anything Rasta said, or didn’t give a hoot. It made a happy sound, pressed against Sceptile’s leg and looking all the world like a lost puppy that’d found its mother again. I chuckled a bit at the sight and shook my head, watching as Sceptile used another Hidden Power. She held out her paws and the attack formed between them before being released. This time, Snorunt saw it coming and dodged around the attack, running behind Sceptile’s leg and giggling as if this were just some sort of game.

Sceptile, realizing Snorunt was in a perfect place for her next attack, shook her tail rapidly. Several seeds forming at the bases of the leaves were shook loose, and though most of them landed in the snow, a couple must have struck Snorunt because the little Pokemon yelped loudly. Two dark brown seeds the size of quarters were stuck fast to Snorunt’s chest, and thin green roots were rapidly growing out of the hard shells. These, in turn, were forming knots and twisting around, digging into the smaller Pokemon’s skin and beginning to drain the icy creature’s energy. In this cold climate, the seeds would take longer to reach full strength, but they would do in slowly draining Snorunt’s energy. A primitive intelligence linked the seeds to their creator, and through that link the seeds could transfer energy to the lizard.

Snorunt blinked against the pain it was feeling from the seeds digging into it, then puffed out its chest and started to strut around. To me it seemed like it was showing off how well it was handling the discomfort, but Sceptile must have saw it as a taunt or something. Snorunt’s Swagger pissed her off, one way or the other, and even though she was clearly a Calm type, that didn’t stop her dander from rising.

“Oh dear,” I mumbled, still holding the various cold-weather gear towards Rasta, “it seems Sceptile misunderstood Snorunt’s Swagger. You’d better try to snap her out of it, or she might do herself more harm than Snorunt. Or, even worse, she might accidentally knock it out.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Calm Female Sceptile: 68.19% [CON, Attack increased x2]
-? ? Snorunt: 82.22% [Seeded]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 14

Pokemon Stats:
100%

-Calm Female Sceptile (Dragon Claw, Solarbeam, Dragon Pulse, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Hidden Power [Steel], Substitute, Leech Seed) <Overgrow Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
68.19%

100%

Snorunt {Encounter 1}

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

=====

OOC: Leech Seed is going to take a while to get up to doing 12.5%. It increases in strength by 1% each post you make, because the cold weather is affecting the seeds’ growth.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-20-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

OOC: Speedy response this time :P

Rastapopulous picked up a snowball, hurling at at Sceptile. "I know a bucket of water usually gets me out of confusion, but snowballs are the best I have!" He said to the ranger. "Sceptile, snap out of it!" He hurled another snowball.

"Sceptile, use quick attack on the Snorunt while you still have your bearings!" Rastapopulous said, realizing that if Sceptile DID snap out of confusion from the snowballs, it might only be for an instant. Quick Attack would utilize that split second.

"Then Sceptile, if you still think you can attack without hurting yourself, spin around and use hidden power, so it will cover all areas around you. We don't want it running away again!"

Rastapopulous wasn't too confident, and he knew that if Sceptile took to much more damage, he would have to bring it back in. Hopefully the leech seed would start to help soon, because Sceptile couldn't hold out in the cold forever. Plus, he was getting cold, and wanted to get moving.

URPG Stats
Old 10-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Remember to describe your attacks and stuff. Explain how the Pokemon uses them and what they look like (like you did with the first Hidden Power), instead of just calling out commands.

=====

IC: I watched as Rasta scooped up a handful of snow and formed it into a compact ball, which he then threw at his bemused Pokemon. The snowball splattered against the lizard's scaly hide, causing her to jump in surprise. She twisted to face her Trainer as he hollered for her to snap out of her confusion, just in time to take another snowball to the face. Her expression darkened momentarily, then cleared. I tried hard not to laugh at the Sceptile's current look of digust at being covered with wet, cold snow. After all, I hadn't found it at all funny when Snorunt had covered ME in the chilly stuff.

After getting his Pokemon's attention, Rasta called out some hasty orders. Whether it was the snowballs or the simple fact that it was too damn cold to stay confused for long, Sceptile seemed to have snapped out of her confusion. She gave Rasta a blank stare for a moment, as if wondering why he hadn't realized she was no longer under the power of Snorunt's innocent Swagger. Then she shrugged and spun around, dashing towards the smaller Pokemon in a blur of green. She slid to a halt less than a foot away and let her momentum carry her forward. She rammed into the icy Pokemon and bowled it over, and as it lay on its back trying to get up, the lizard dug her claws into the snow and twisted her upper body as far as she could to the left. Then she snapped herself to the right...but instead of spinning around to perform her Hidden Power, one of Sceptile's paw struck against a patch of ice and sent her sprawling, face-first, to the ground.

By this time Snorunt had managed to roll onto its stomach and get to its feet. It blinked for a moment when it spotted Sceptile lying on the ground, then gave a merry little laugh and rushed over. I winced when it jumped onto her back, already feeling sorry enough fot the poor Pokemon that she had nosedived into the snow to begin with. For a second all it did was sit there, but then it noticed the yellow seeds attached to Sceptile's back. It stared, seemingly enthralled by them, and quite suddenly leapt for the nearest one. I thought it was going to maybe poke the seed or something, so was shocked when instead the Snorunt opened a mouth that, until now, had been hidden by its cloak, and then chomped down on the seed. Maybe it looked like food, or Snorunt was a baby and decided to do some teething. Whatever the reason, it now had a firm grip on the seed, and I had a feeling it would take a bit of work to get it off.

At the same time, I noticed the creepers of the seeds stuck to Snorunt's body growing a bit thicker, slowly enwrapping the Snorunt as they dug into it and sucked its health away.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Calm Female Sceptile: 51.91% [Attack increased x2]
-? ? Snorunt: 66.09% [Seeded]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 14

Pokemon Stats:
100%

51.91%

100%

Snorunt {Encounter 1}

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-26-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

OOC: So...busy...ahhhhh

Rasta was getting a bit impatient with this Snorunt. "Hey!" He yelled to the ranger "Are all Pokemon this hard to capture!?" He couldn't believe this small little guy could hold up so well.

"Sceptile" Rastapopulous yelled, "Lets go! Use another Quick Attack, then follow it up with another spinning Hidden Power! Lets make it work this time!"
Sceptile nodded, and turned through the hard, pelting snow. It dashed at Snorunt, becoming almost invisible. The white and blue outlines of Sceptile could be seen as it flew at Snorunt, whirring by like a jet. Sceptile hit Snorunt hard. The Snorunt flew back into an ice wall, looking dazed, and Sceptile did not waste time. His hands began to glow a light sliverly aura and thin pieces of steel appeared in the air. Sceptile began to spin, and the steel spun with her. This created a small steel tornado. Sceptile pushed the steel, which began to move towards the dazed Snorunt with increasing speed.

"Lets go Scep!" Rastapopulous yelled, taking off his glasses to get a better view of this beautiful attack. "That was perfect!"

Sceptile smiled back at him before turning to watch her handiwork play out.

URPG Stats
Old 10-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Snorunt was hanging on to Sceptile’s back seed with its mouth, not standing in front of it. Also, even though you can (and should) explain how a move looks and is performed, you can’t say that the attack hits.

Oh, you can state the Pokemon's Gender before you catch it, just so you know.

=====

IC: Sceptile managed to get to her feet, using a Quick Attack and trying to dislodge Snorunt. The smaller Pokemon held on for several seconds, then lost its grip and was knocked to the snowy ground. Now free from the small burden, Sceptile went in for yet another Hidden Power. She held her paws up and formed more dagger-like pieces of steel, executing a spin and whipping up a wind that caught up the steel. The vicious whirlwind was then pushed at Snorunt, who was getting up and looking a bit hassled.

Unfortunately, the poor Pokemon was smacked upside the head by Sceptile’s attack just as it was getting up, and thus it was knocked back to the ground, its face in the snow. For a few moments it just lay there, then shifted and got up, slower this time. It turned, to face Sceptile, looking just a bit upset. I felt bad for it; clearly it just wanted to play. I had a feeling it didn’t understand this was a battle, and that it was young.

After a few moments, Snorunt bent down and started pawing through the snow. Several moments later it straightened, clutching something in its hands. I couldn’t make it out, though, because whatever the Pokemon was holding was being held under its cloak. Without hesitation, Snorunt then charged towards Sceptile and, when it was less than a foot away, suddenly flung what it was holding at the lizard’s chest and belly. It turned out to be about five long, thin pieces of ice; Snorunt’s version of an Ice Shard attack. The assault was so sudden and unexpected that there was a good chance Sceptile would be unable to react before getting struck by the flying ice-missiles.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Calm Female Sceptile: 45.52% [Attack increased x2]
-? ? Snorunt: 26.64% [Seeded]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 14

Pokemon Stats:
100%

45.52%

100%

Snorunt {Encounter 1}

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-28-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

OOC: I had misunderstood your post, and thought that Snorunt was chomping on the leech seeds on its own body. :x

"Sceptile, behind you! Use detect!" Rastapopulous yelled, seeing the flying shards.

Sceptile turned in time to see the shards, which struck him in the chest, just before he was able to get up the shield. Although Snorunt wasn't very strong, the blow had caught Sceptile off guard, and knocked it backwards. Sceptile still followed orders, and threw up a detect shield. The red, hazy bubble appeared around Sceptile, giving it a safe, secure feeling. Snorunt ran at Sceptile, hitting the translucent barrier. It fell backwards, laying on the ground looking up at the blurry image of the green Pokemon.

"Now Sceptile, wait out the detect, and recover your bearings, I think you've done enough for now!" Rastapopulous looked pleased. He knew Snorunt was growing weak, and the leech seed would only make it weaker. He knew it was time.

He reached into his pack, now slung over his right shoulder, and felt the familiar shape he had come to know. The cold, spherical object was raised out of the bag, shining red and white against the snowy white backdrop. He slid it around his hand, pressing it into his palm. He could feel its light weight, hollow, as if yearning to be filled. He tossed it up, as if getting ready to hurl it at Snorunt, when he stopped.

Snorunt was glowing yellow, as more of its health was being sapped away. The seeds were being embedded deeper and deeper into Snorunt, and they was causing it clear pain.

Rastapopulous wanted to catch Snorunt fast now, before it grew much weaker. "Sceptile, enough is enough. Its time to end this!"

Sceptile nodded as her crimson protector faded away. She stepped back, to give Rasta more than enough room to hurl the ball.

"Snorunt, its time you joined my team!" Rasta said. He clutched the Park Ball tightly, his palms sweating, despite the bitter cold. "Huahhhh!" He grunted, as he threw the ball through the air. A shot of pain went through his shoulder, as the cold, as well as the fact that he hadn't stretched, had caused a bit of stiffness. "Ouch...I mean, that was nothing" he mumbled under his breath, as he turned to watch the ball's flight.

The ball hit the ice wall, a bit overthrown, and rolled back towards Snorunt. After a bounce or two, it smacked Snorunt in the side, rather jently. Rasta knew that the force of the Park Ball didn't matter, however. He knew it was all about heart. "C'mon Snorunt, I know we can work together and make a great team!" Tt didn't matter what he yelled, but it made him feel better, more comfortable.

He watched Snorunt, closely, carefully, and unblinking as the ball began to shine a bright yellow light...

OOC: RASTA MASHED A+B+DOWN!!!!!!!

URPG Stats

Last edited by Brizer; 10-28-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Oh, sorry. Also, just so you know, you can’t say if an attack hits your own Pokemon or not, either. :P

=====

IC: I watched as Sceptile began to create a hazy red bubble of energy to protect herself from Snorunt’s attack, but not before several of the icy missiles struck her in the chest. Despite the scratches they inflicted, the lizard didn’t let herself get distracted. Thankfully, she completed her Detect before the remaining shards could hit and do more damage.

In the meantime, Snorunt was really starting to flag. The little Pokemon stumbled and then fell backwards onto its butt, blinking sluggishly as the creepers from Sceptile’s Leech Seed continued to entangle it and sap its health. It made a sort of tinny crying sound, and I had a feeling it was upset because Sceptile was too far away for it to get to her. The little thing had really taken a shine to the larger lizard, for some reason.

Rasta seemed to decide it was time to try and catch the Pokemon, and I couldn’t agree more. It was tired and upset, and there’s nothing sadder than an upset baby. I watched him pull a Park Ball from his pack and heave it towards Snorunt. He put a bit too much force behind the throw, though, and the Ball flew over the Pokemon’s head before landing on the ground behind it. Thankfully, the land was at an incline in that area, so the Ball rolled back towards Snorunt and gently tapped against its side. With a resounding crack-popping sound the Ball opened and drew Snorunt inside.

There were a few tense moments as the Ball feebly rocked from side to side, but a moment later it fell still. I smiled and, without giving him a chance to refuse, shoved the extra clothing and gear in Rasta’s arms.

“Put that stuff on before you turn into a Trainer-cicle,” I told him, then went to retrieve the Park Ball from where it was lying in the snow. It had become rather chilly in the few seconds it sat on the ground, and I pulled my hands into my coat sleeves before cradling it between my fingers. I slowly picked my way back towards Rasta and held the Ball out to him. “Congratulations, by the way, on your first capture at the National Park! Snorunt seems extremely friendly, or at least social. I’m sure it’ll make an excellent addition to your team.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS (At the end of battle):
-Calm Female Sceptile: 30.52% [Attack increased x2]
-Lonely Female Snorunt: 21.38% [Seeded]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 14

Pokemon Stats:
100%

30.52%

100%

Total Items: 6 Park Balls, 5 Super Balls, 3 Hyper Balls, 5 Max Potion, 5 Full Heals, Pokeplayer, Sneasel Disc, Riolu Disc

Snorunt {Encounter 1}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Lonely Female Snorunt

=====

OOC: Runt’s Gender? Oh, you might want to recall Sceptile before she looses too much more HP :P.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-06-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

OOC: Female please :P

IC: Rasta took the clothes from the Ranger. "I really don't need these, I feel perfectly fine out here." He shivered as he slid on the extra layers. The warming sensation hit him almost immediately, and he could not have been happier about it. "See? I barely needed this at all. I might even be a little warm!" He finishing throwing on the extra layers and looked around. The snow was starting to come down harder, and he noticed Sceptile's pains.

"Sorry Scep, I almost forgot! Lets get you back into your ball, where you can safely recuperate." Rasta held out the ball as Sceptile was consumed in a soft yellow light.

"So where do we go from here?" Rasta asked? "I guess there's nowhere to go but up?"

URPG Stats
Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

I chuckled at Rasta’s declarations that he didn’t need the clothing I’d given him, but I could tell how grateful he was for the warm gear. Once he’d put it on and recalled Sceptile, he suggested heading up the mountain. I nodded and took the lead, heading to where the trail began.

We were just a few paces away from it when what I had taken as a snow-covered shrub started wiggling. I paused in mid-step and stared at it, head slowly tilting to one side. Since when did shrubs wiggle around like that? True, sometimes the local Froslass liked to play tricks and possess things to spook Trainers, but I didn’t think this was the work of one of the ice-ghosts.

Then the “shrub” stood, and I saw what was actually a Snover. The thing I’d taken for a shrub had been the Pokemon’s top half, it’s brown bottom half having been buried in snow. The tip of its stubby, emerald-colored tail was still in the snow, as were its feet. It had long arms that seemed almost disproportionately long to its rather short, stocky body. Its hands, which were the same color as its tail, were currently balled into fists, and sprouting from its back were two green protrusions that looked like elongated flower buds.

The Pokemon stared at us with a cold, calculating gaze, its dark green eyes holding not a trace of warmth or friendliness. It raised its arms and shook its fists at us with a sound akin to snow sliding from a branch, apparently warning us to get away. I scowled at it, wondering at the Pokemon’s aggressiveness.

“This Snover doesn’t seem to want us around,” I said to Rasta, motioning to the Pokemon that barely came up to my waist. “Which is weird, because Snover are usually very curious about and playful towards humans. What do you want to do with this one?”

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 13

Pokemon Stats:
100%

30.52%

100%

Total Items: 6 Park Balls, 5 Super Balls, 3 Hyper Balls, 5 Max Potion, 5 Full Heals, Pokeplayer, Sneasel Disc, Riolu Disc

Snorunt {Encounter 1}
Snover {Encounter 2}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Lonely Female Snorunt

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-06-2009 at 01:02 PM.