Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:30 AM
aroyalspider Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to aroyalspider
Question shiny pokes in colo and XD?? plz help!

okay this is in reference to an older post, but im having trouble tryin to get this to work so any info given will be greatly appreciated, ill show the older posts so you know what im talking about.

"older post"

Can a shadow pokemon on colloseum be shiny. If so, can you snag shiny pokemon from colloseum.

Also, do you have a picture of that pokemon?

You can. There is a glitch in colosseum (or XD, I forget) where if you have the letters tn@mgae in your name on the game, every shiny pokemon is shiny, as the hex code simulator confuses the letters with shinyness for some odd reason.

all lowercase, but their must be a space between the last letter or your name and @. so, you could have a name like tnmgae @, and it would work.

it works on colleseum but espon and umbreon are not shiny. all the other pokemon are thogh.
the same name works i gues they changed to game to make xd and didnt make a new one.

- instead of @

thats all the info i could drag up, any help would be great.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Flan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flan
Default Re: shiny pokes in colo and XD?? plz help!

The thread referenced here was this thread, exactly.

I've also been curious about this, but since I don't have a GameCube I can't really test it out. If there's any input as to if it works or not, or what can be done to make it work, I think we'd both be pretty glad. ;] It's pretty much easy Shinies.
1634 7867 9741 - heartgold
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

None of those Shadow Pokemon in Pokemon Colosseum or XD Gale of Darkness come out as shiny. Shiny Pokemon usually rarely appears in the wild sometimes when you walk in the grass and sometimes when you swim or surf in the water. Unfortunately, these games don't have that feature like regular RPG games do. In those non RPG games, you snag the Pokemon from their trainers and every Pokemon are normal except for the Shadow Pokemon. It was said that those Shadow Pokemon were originally ripped off from their trainers and there are no special shiny Pokemon in the Orre Region. If you want a shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Colosseum and XD, catch them in the games that are compatible with them like Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire, Firered and Leafgreen, Emerald, or any of these games that are compatible with Pokemon Colosseum that contain shiny Pokemon, but make sure you've completed the Gamecube game first, either of the Gamecube games and purified all the Shadow Pokemon, which will allow you to trade, and you'll have some Shiny Pokemon in those games because there's no other way to obtain them then through your Gameboy Advance games. I hope this helps because shiny Pokemon in the actual RPG games are hard to find and catch. You'll have to continue playing for hours, days, and weeks until you find them but for one who wouldn't like capturing a shiny, I couldn't say for how long this'll take with extremely good or bad luck.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Flan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flan

@SPPF: I'm having a hard time believing that, since I don't see why the chance would be any different, EVEN if there are no wild Pokemon. I just can't see Nintendo removing that chance for any reason, but if there's other insight into it, I'd be glad.

I'm a bit confused at the moment, so yeah.
1634 7867 9741 - heartgold
Old 10-08-2009, 05:28 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Meh, I don't believe in cheats like that. And I suppose it doesn't really matter if your Pokemon in XD or Colosseum are shiny. They're Shadows, for crying out loud. Don't get much cooler than that. B)

So, I have to agree with SPPF. I think that since there's only a limited number of Pokemon you can actually own, shines just wouldn't work. In the hand-helds, you encounter loads of wild Pokemon that all have the potential to be captured. So it creates greater odds that a shiny will appear. And its just not the same way in the consoles, si?

Lol, I hope that makes sense. I've got a cold right now and not quite thinking straight.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:02 AM
mattj Offline

I've tried it. It does not work. XD does not use the same RNG as any of the handheld games.
The VGC Gym Store
Quote:
<Yeti> because this f-ag is a hacking f-ag