Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Lusitania Offline

Default Re: Dragons...Real or Fiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
But he does.

*shrugs*

Now what?

A continued discussion on why you feel they are/aren't real, or continued 'CAN I HAVE SOME OF WHAT YOU'RE SMOKING LOL I THINK THIS THREAD SHOULD BE LOCKED BCUZ THEY AREN'T REAL REGARDLESS OF THE ACTUAL POINT OF THE THREEEAAADDD'

I agree with metal sonic the most, I think. It's the same as Jesus. Something like dragons existed, but they didn't breathe fire, imo.
The problem with that comparison is that Jesus wis documented bu the Romans, and therfore there is no reason to doubt his existence :p
Old 10-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Which is exactly what I said, so I don't know why you said "Ah, but see". I did not make a claim on the subject. I merely said that if there is no reason to believe that something exists, then there is no reason to believe that something exists.
But if there's no reason to believe it doesn't exist, then there is no reason to believe it doesn't exist. Therefore it becomes a matter of personal preference, and since you have no evidence contrary to that belief, just as it would be wrong to try to convince a Christian that God doesn't exist without proof why the hell do you have the right to tell me I'm wrong about dragons without proving it?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
But if there's no reason to believe it doesn't exist, then there is no reason to believe it doesn't exist. Therefore it becomes a matter of personal preference, and since you have no evidence contrary to that belief, just as it would be wrong to try to convince a Christian that God doesn't exist without proof why the hell do you have the right to tell me I'm wrong about dragons without proving it?
I'm not sure if you comprehended my last 3-4 posts... oh well, carry on.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 10-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
The problem with that comparison is that Jesus wis documented bu the Romans, and therfore there is no reason to doubt his existence :p
Jesus was documented in all history textbooks as being the founder of Christianity. He existed, but it doesn't mean he was God's son and was all of humanity's savior. :X *is not religious*

So I agree with Tombi. I think Dragons did infact exist, but they may not have had the ability to breathe fire.

Although I saw this special on Dragons that attempted to explain the Dragon's abilities rationally, based around a made-up finding of Dragon bones in Europe. It was cool, and made sense. So I think it is perfectly logical to think they existed.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

i think dragons exist but not as dragons like what we think of that breath fire and are really tall and stuff. but rather that dragons exist within all reptiles. like the spitting cobra can ''breath fire'' and there is a gekko i think that can fly. and off course theres the comodo dragon which really is a dragon.

sorry about the bad grammar and spelling

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 10-09-2009, 11:52 PM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
i think dragons exist but not as dragons like what we think of that breath fire and are really tall and stuff. but rather that dragons exist within all reptiles. like the spitting cobra can ''breath fire'' and there is a gekko i think that can fly. and off course theres the comodo dragon which really is a dragon.

sorry about the bad grammar and spelling
The gecko always fails at flying. But I think of the gekkos as the one I see on television every day advertising "GEICO." "15 minutes a call saves you $15 or better on your car insurance." That gecko really thought he could fly at once? Please elaborate but I have never in my life seen a real live gecko or a dragon. I can believe that the geckos exist because I may not live in the area where they live in. Do geckos live in trees? Apparently if that's the case, I may not have been around enough trees where geckos would lurk. Mostly birds, squirrels, and some other animals. Maybe caterpillars in Spring but that could be just my guess because I never get out outside near trees anymore and it's so hard for me to find caterpillars. Easy enough for me to find squirrels. Dragons can breathe fire though although I haven't heard of any real life animal breathing fire and if it did, I'm sure they'd be real live in China and if I ever turned to the World News, I would've seen or heard about dragons destroying ancient buildings from back in the past of Ancient China, or some stuff like that. So no, I don't believe dragons really exist unless they live in a really sacred place on this planet but dragonflies do exist as I see them fly around in my backyard and frontyard and everywhere else all the time in the Spring and Summer, but never or rarely in the Fall or the Winter.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Void Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstres Meg View Post
So, I've been thinking. Do dragons really exist? This is what I want to discuss with you.

At one time or other, I believe that dragons did really exist. Due to scientists thinking that some dinosaur evolved into today's birds, it sparked the idea in my head. What did they look like in the middle of evolution? Well, they may not be the huge leather winged drakes we think of, but they're close!!

What do you think? Do you believe or not?
wat is dis i dont even
Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Dragons are real. I truly believe.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

My grandma once told me that dragons are very popular in Chinese History. I was also wondering if they were true. I think dragons is one of the world's mysteries.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:21 PM
miragebaby_x Offline
Experienced Trainer

I think at one stage they existed. But I don't think they could breathe fire or were as big as they're portrayed to be. I mean, if they were that big, wouldn't bones or something have been found?

^^;

Old 11-07-2009, 02:11 PM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post
My grandma once told me that dragons are very popular in Chinese History. I was also wondering if they were true. I think dragons is one of the world's mysteries.
They always bring out the dragon on the day of Chinese New Year and celebrate with lots of food there. But I wouldn't know for sure because I've never lived or been in China in my entire life. It's also must be something I see on TV about it every time we're in a brand new year or are approaching a brand new year. You get the drift on what I mean, don't you?
Old 11-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Elliot Offline

I personally think that dragons stem from the dinosaurs that could take flight. Like people from all over the world, there has been myths and legends of Dragons taking all sorts of different appearances. Also, if we evolved, why not dinosuars? It has resently been proven that when they activated a dormit gene within a chicken, they grew scales and teeth. Reptile similarities. This is just my view of course. I do think at some point in existance "dragons" have existed. Though everyone has a different opinion on what "dragons" are and if they are indeed "fiction or fairytale".
Old 11-08-2009, 01:26 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Bones would have been found, plain and simple.
Drags are up there with every other mythical creature.
But i'd love to have one.