Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 AM
kokovo Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to kokovo
Default I have a question.

I have a question involving polls.
This is going to sound really stupid but how do I make one?
Someone said it was in the rules but I've checked.
If you could help it would be much appreciated.

Earth taken from the Voyager 1 as it left our solar system
Old 10-04-2009, 12:47 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: I have a question.

Under the polls section, click new thread. Type your post as a normal post then before you actually submit the thread, scroll down and look under Additional Options. Check the box saying add a poll to thread or w/e and insert the number of options you wanna have. When you're ready, click Submit Thread. The thread will be posted but this is when you make the polls and its options. If you forget to post the poll when you make the thread, click the Thread Tools drop-down menu at the upper right part of the thread and add the poll there.

Feel free to correct me, anyone, if I made a mistake somewhere.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 10-04-2009, 01:17 AM
kokovo Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to kokovo

Thanks for you'r help
Much appreciated.

Earth taken from the Voyager 1 as it left our solar system
Old 10-04-2009, 01:48 AM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

Also I might add that if you DO forget to add the poll to your new thread, you may have a limited 5 to 10 minutes to add it in. If it's been past that amount of time, and you'll still like the poll added, you'll have to PM or VM a Mod about it and he or she'll come and add it for you. Give details to them as that'll help as no one is psychic. I know because I experienced some other problem on a different Pokemon forum, on Pi and when I tried to add a poll, it wouldn't let me because it was past a certain amount of time, which was 10 minutes. So try to post a poll in when you create your thread instantly that you want to be a poll, and if you forget, try editing that in before it's a little too late.

~SPPF_Max
Old 10-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPPF_Max View Post
Also I might add that if you DO forget to add the poll to your new thread, you may have a limited 5 to 10 minutes to add it in. If it's been past that amount of time, and you'll still like the poll added, you'll have to PM or VM a Mod about it and he or she'll come and add it for you. Give details to them as that'll help as no one is psychic. I know because I experienced some other problem on a different Pokemon forum, on Pi and when I tried to add a poll, it wouldn't let me because it was past a certain amount of time, which was 10 minutes. So try to post a poll in when you create your thread instantly that you want to be a poll, and if you forget, try editing that in before it's a little too late.

~SPPF_Max
I don't believe pe2k has that wonderful feature.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Angela

Also you have one thing wrong.. G-Mods can add polls.. Sadly mods cant...

Gucci, Fendi, Prada purses, purchasing them finer things
Avatar by Tombi <3 Banner by Angela

Old 10-04-2009, 02:19 AM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
I don't believe pe2k has that wonderful feature.
Why don't you try it out and see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
Also you have one thing wrong.. G-Mods can add polls.. Sadly mods cant...
Either that or we can get Ryan, aka Ryan the only Admin to do it from here. I put his name in bold and italicized because that resembles Admin on a different forum. I don't know about here because there doesn't seem to be many Admins. But don't Mods have to mod the section in order to add the poll or is it still the Global Mods and the Admin from here? I'm confused. What do the Frequently Asked Questions say about this? Nothing?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

Quote:
Either that or we can get Ryan, aka Ryan the only Admin to do it from here. I put his name in bold and italicized because that resembles Admin on a different forum. I don't know about here because there doesn't seem to be many Admins. But don't Mods have to mod the section in order to add the poll or is it still the Global Mods and the Admin from here? I'm confused. What do the Frequently Asked Questions say about this? Nothing?
There is only one admin on this forum; that's Ryan himself. We also have, of course, G-Mods (name in blue) and Mods (name in green). Oh, and forum officials (name in orange) but I don't believe they have such powers either.

As for the subject matter of polls, I trust Angela's knowledge since she has to get the polls on the BOTW threads in the art contest boards. So, I'm going to say that only G-Mods can add polls. And yes, I'm sure Ryan can too, but he doesn't waste his time with that sort of thing when G-Mods can do it. However, when adding polls in the Mixed: Voting Polls section, that's unnecessary because I do believe one can add their own poll at any time. So unless you're running an art contest, I can't think of a reason why you would have to ask anyway. :D Hooray, power to the members!

Max, why don't you become a little more familiar, not with other forums but with this forum, before you try to add on to other's answers for questions? That would be ideal, no? You haven't been here very long.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:25 PM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakken View Post
There is only one admin on this forum; that's Ryan himself. We also have, of course, G-Mods (name in blue) and Mods (name in green). Oh, and forum officials (name in orange) but I don't believe they have such powers either.

As for the subject matter of polls, I trust Angela's knowledge since she has to get the polls on the BOTW threads in the art contest boards. So, I'm going to say that only G-Mods can add polls. And yes, I'm sure Ryan can too, but he doesn't waste his time with that sort of thing when G-Mods can do it. However, when adding polls in the Mixed: Voting Polls section, that's unnecessary because I do believe one can add their own poll at any time. So unless you're running an art contest, I can't think of a reason why you would have to ask anyway. :D Hooray, power to the members!

Max, why don't you become a little more familiar, not with other forums but with this forum, before you try to add on to other's answers for questions? That would be ideal, no? You haven't been here very long.
I used to lurk around and not be a member on here. And when I was lurking, I heard the owner's name of the website here being Ryan as I've heard of the owner of the serebiiforums being Joe. I signed up nearly 2 months ago. I just like the bold and italicized because I'm used to Admins being like that on other forums but here it's interesting that they selected orange for him. I can't wait for what he says to this.

EDIT: There. Fixed for you. Happy? That's what I meant to type but I forgot about spelling it out.

Last edited by SPPF_Max; 10-04-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Fixed Error in Message
Old 10-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
I used to lurk around and not be a member on here. And when I was lurking, I heard the owner's name of the website here being Ryan as I've heard of the owner of the forums being Joe. I signed up nearly 2 months ago. I just like the bold and italicized because I'm used to Admins being like that on other forums but here it's interesting that they selected orange for him. I can't wait for what he says to this.
It means nothing. And Joe is Neo.

EDIT: Lurk moar
Old 10-04-2009, 03:59 PM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
It means nothing. And Joe is Neo.

EDIT: Lurk moar
No. I do not mean the Joe from this site as Neo. I mean the Joe from his site as Serebii. Here, he is The Serebii but he's been an inactive member for over 5 years. Stay out of this. Because I was comparing the title of Admin status over there to being bold and italicized to here Admin Status being in orange. I never said I wasn't used to them being in orange just because I'm used to seeing them in bold and italicized. I've seen both of those. I've seen Ryan's name on here plenty of times before I even noticed Admins being in bold and italicized on the serebiiforums and I definitely know of Serebii being Joe. If Neo is Joe too, fine. They just share the same name, but I'm talking about the Joe that lives in Bournemouth, England because I know this specific Joe and it's the recent Joe I've been contacting for years.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:02 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:
No. I do not mean the Joe from this site as Neo. I mean the Joe from his site as Serebii. Here, he is The Serebii but he's been an inactive member for over 5 years. Stay out of this. Because I was comparing the title of Admin status over there to being bold and italicized to here Admin Status being in orange. I never said I wasn't used to them being in orange just because I'm used to seeing them in bold and italicized. I've seen both of those. I've seen Ryan's name on here plenty of times before I even noticed Admins being in bold and italicized on the serebiiforums and I definitely know of Serebii being Joe. If Neo is Joe too, fine. They just share the same name, but I'm talking about the Joe that lives in Bournemouth, England because I know this specific Joe and it's the recent Joe I've been contacting for years.
PE2K =/= Serebii

Now stop whining.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 10-04-2009, 04:07 PM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
PE2K =/= Serebii

Now stop whining.
I am not whining. I was just making a statement of where the places I have been lurking. I was placing the resemblance of what an Admin's name looked like on another forum and here they're orange and I have realized the difference. That's what I was talking about. Now don't spam up the thread if you don't know what I'm talking about. It only makes me angrier.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:23 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Quote:
I am not whining. I was just making a statement of where the places I have been lurking. I was placing the resemblance of what an Admin's name looked like on another forum and here they're orange and I have realized the difference. That's what I was talking about. Now don't spam up the thread if you don't know what I'm talking about. It only makes me angrier.
You amuse me. By looking up a few posts, I see that the spam/off-topic part occurred when you said "Oh I used to lurk."

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
You amuse me. By looking up a few posts, I see that the spam/off-topic part occurred when you said "Oh I used to lurk."
BECAUSE IT'S THE TRUTH. Now anymore of this and I'll be reporting your posts and part of this thread too. It should be closed anyway because the question was answered. There's no need to keep arguing in here. If you want to talk about this any further, just send me a VM or send me a PM. Quit spamming up this thread once you and I have answered the question or have at least answered the question or when both of us have answered part of the question and you said something to it, and I added stuff to it. That's all that matters.
Closed Thread