Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 10-17-2009, 11:03 PM
DavidTennantFan's Avatar
DavidTennantFan Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On Earth
Posts: 68
Default Re: Team Rocket Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioTech View Post
If I am being honest. I have grown up with pokémon all my life. It has been great watching the series and movies. I am quite glad team rocket do this because they light up the action on pokémon, also I doubt I will ever be too old for pokémon because I love it.

Also, if your a true pokémon fan (addict) you will understand that without team rocket, pokémon would be horrible (even though team rocket are only in pokémon yellow, red, blue etc).

HINT: The only thing I do not enjoy with pokémon is their stupid trading cards.
Yes the trading cards... you know i've never even enjoyed any trading card things..
__________________
DT:Tha best Doctor Who era
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-18-2009, 01:11 AM
mightydes's Avatar
mightydes Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 406
Send a message via MSN to mightydes Send a message via Skype™ to mightydes
Default Re: Team Rocket Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTennantFan View Post
Yes the trading cards... you know i've never even enjoyed any trading card things..
I liked the pictures on them though. They were cool. But that was about it. And now they're not even drawings anymore, they're just images from PBR or something.
__________________
Join the Pokemon WiFi Federation today!

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-18-2009, 06:03 AM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virtual World
Posts: 297
Default Re: Team Rocket Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Burmy View Post
FACT: Team Rocket is annoying.
For those of you who agree that Team Rocket is annoying, I've heard cases of people on youtube just saying Team Rocket seriously needs to **** off or why can't they just **** off? LOL.

Also Team Rocket is so not so team rockety anymore. I haven't even seen them in rockets except for their Meowth shaped hot air balloon. What good is that? Besides just stealing Pikachu and always miserably failing at it because they also bungle in the way they train their Pokemon which is why they're always defeated by Ash and co. Maybe if they trained their Pokemon more correctly and caught more Pokemon in the wild instead of attempting to steal a trainer's Pokemon maybe the next time they would've decided to steal a trainer's Pokemon, they would've SUCCESSFULLY DONE IT by NOW AND SENT IT to Giovanni who is so far away as they're in Sinnoh. I heard him in Hoenn talk about the Hoenn Ranch but Team Rocket couldn't even complete that quest to get to it yet and now they might be too late.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-18-2009, 09:33 AM
mightydes's Avatar
mightydes Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 406
Send a message via MSN to mightydes Send a message via Skype™ to mightydes
Default Re: Team Rocket Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPPF_Max View Post
For those of you who agree that Team Rocket is annoying, I've heard cases of people on youtube just saying Team Rocket seriously needs to **** off or why can't they just **** off? LOL.

Also Team Rocket is so not so team rockety anymore. I haven't even seen them in rockets except for their Meowth shaped hot air balloon. What good is that? Besides just stealing Pikachu and always miserably failing at it because they also bungle in the way they train their Pokemon which is why they're always defeated by Ash and co. Maybe if they trained their Pokemon more correctly and caught more Pokemon in the wild instead of attempting to steal a trainer's Pokemon maybe the next time they would've decided to steal a trainer's Pokemon, they would've SUCCESSFULLY DONE IT by NOW AND SENT IT to Giovanni who is so far away as they're in Sinnoh. I heard him in Hoenn talk about the Hoenn Ranch but Team Rocket couldn't even complete that quest to get to it yet and now they might be too late.
They've lost their pizazz. Remember in the first episode how they actually threatened the Pokemon Center? Or in the Squirtle Squad episode they had bazookas and what not at their disposal? And their rivalry with Butch and Cassidy. I think they should appear in Sinnoh and act as the antagonist to Team Rocket's adventures. Seriously, the Team Rocket I grew up knowing and loving is dead.
__________________
Join the Pokemon WiFi Federation today!

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-18-2009, 06:55 PM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virtual World
Posts: 297
Default Re: Team Rocket Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydes View Post
They've lost their pizazz. Remember in the first episode how they actually threatened the Pokemon Center? Or in the Squirtle Squad episode they had bazookas and what not at their disposal? And their rivalry with Butch and Cassidy. I think they should appear in Sinnoh and act as the antagonist to Team Rocket's adventures. Seriously, the Team Rocket I grew up knowing and loving is dead.
Yeah, I remember. It was the very first one. But aren't the episodes with them with the bazookas banned or are they still permitted to run and show on Cartoon Network even though they either don't play anymore or haven't played in a while?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Lakota2's Avatar
Lakota2 Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 90
Default Re: Team Rocket Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUfan View Post
They are unrealistically horrible at battling. I mean I wish they would at least win a pokemon battle from time to time, whether its against Ash&friends or against other bad guys (team galactic, etc.)
Have you been watching the Sinnoh Saga, lately?

Jessie has been kicking ass in contests. I think their skills get bogged down, because they're always losing to Ketchum and co. But, Ash and his revolving door of traveling companions, are usually way above average battlers. If TR chose weaker targets, they might be more successful. But as they say, they're destined to hunt, Ash's Pikachu.

And to be honest, sometimes the inherent moral compass of the protagonist faction (Ash's crew), makes them look like, for lack of a more reasonable tern, they're just being dicks to TR. I mean in the Phione episode, was their really any reason for them to thwart TR"s efforts to snatch that "wild" Phione. Not imo. But of course, TR gets screwed over again. I know TR is suppossed to be an evil syndicate, but, c'mon, can't a playa get a break?
__________________
"I am of the opinion that as Pokémon Red and Blue were about to be released, Farfetch'd accidentally spilled some ink on the suit of one of the most important Game Freak staff members. Since then, they have hated Farfetch'd and did everything they could to make this thing suck as much as possible on the battlefield."
-Smogon University's opinion on Farfetch'd



Pe2K shoddy server: N/A
Smogon shoddy users: Lakota2, Africanus, Kamotts
Common Alts: Acai, Living Desert, Africanis

Last edited by Lakota2; 10-18-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com