Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Mr Shmek Offline

Default Team Rocket Facts

Well i haven't seen all of the pokemon episodes, but i want to point out some facts about team rocket.. Ohh yeah one more thing team rocket are sure annoying..

Facts:

1. They always sing their motto first.. Now thats a big disadvantage, can't they steal ( pokemon, food etc.. ) or do what ever bad thing they are doing first and than when they make their getaway sing the motto in a mocking new way..

2. Their hot-air balloon is always with a meowth.. Now this is bad because, ash and the others know that when they see a meowth balloon, that means some thing bad is going on, and that its team rocket, which lets ash and the others track team rocket down easier.. I mean wouldn't it be harder to track if you see a normal colorful striped hot-air balloon flying in the air like nothing happened..

3. They have lame disguises.. James as a female and Jessy as a male O_o awkward, or they just put a different dress on nothing else.. Why not putting a wig, put some make up to make you look kind of older and stuff like that..

4. They are very suspicious entrench.. By this i mean, wouldn't it be odd and suspicious if your pikachu had experienced numerous attempts of being stolen in the past weeks, and than suddenly two strangers with a talking meowth come and say something like:" Hello! You are today's big winner.. You and your pikachu get a free massage.."

5. They are greedy.. For example: They have been caught so many times by ash and the others because they want all of the pokemon in that area, which ofc takes some time to do ( referring to catching all the pokemon in the area ).. Why not take one pokemon when they have the opportunity and hightail out of there, so they won't be caught and they can bring that pokemon to their boss...

Well these are some of the main facts im sure there are some more, so feel free to post some facts your self too :)
Old 10-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Team Rocket Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Shmek View Post
Well i haven't seen all of the pokemon episodes, but i want to point out some facts about team rocket.. Ohh yeah one more thing team rocket are sure annoying..

Facts:

1. They always sing their motto first.. Now thats a big disadvantage, can't they steal ( pokemon, food etc.. ) or do what ever bad thing they are doing first and than when they make their getaway sing the motto in a mocking new way..

2. Their hot-air balloon is always with a meowth.. Now this is bad because, ash and the others know that when they see a meowth balloon, that means some thing bad is going on, and that its team rocket, which lets ash and the others track team rocket down easier.. I mean wouldn't it be harder to track if you see a normal colorful striped hot-air balloon flying in the air like nothing happened..

3. They have lame disguises.. James as a female and Jessy as a male O_o awkward, or they just put a different dress on nothing else.. Why not putting a wig, put some make up to make you look kind of older and stuff like that..

4. They are very suspicious entrench.. By this i mean, wouldn't it be odd and suspicious if your pikachu had experienced numerous attempts of being stolen in the past weeks, and than suddenly two strangers with a talking meowth come and say something like:" Hello! You are today's big winner.. You and your pikachu get a free massage.."

5. They are greedy.. For example: They have been caught so many times by ash and the others because they want all of the pokemon in that area, which ofc takes some time to do ( referring to catching all the pokemon in the area ).. Why not take one pokemon when they have the opportunity and hightail out of there, so they won't be caught and they can bring that pokemon to their boss...

Well these are some of the main facts im sure there are some more, so feel free to post some facts your self too :)
Its an anime directed at kids, everything is expected to be repetative.
And in most situations, the balloon was a meowth, however there were times when the balloon was of another pokemon
Spoiler:
Anyone remember the Gliscor balloon in DP085?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:23 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

FACT: Team Rocket is annoying.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:40 PM
AUfan Offline

They are unrealistically horrible at battling. I mean I wish they would at least win a pokemon battle from time to time, whether its against Ash&friends or against other bad guys (team galactic, etc.)
Old 10-04-2009, 02:13 PM
SilverSwift Offline
Experienced Trainer

And Why Pikachu Over Anyother Pokemon?

~ Swift
Old 10-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Burmy View Post
FACT: Team Rocket is annoying.
And is a fail.

Hit me up on AIM: neuroticnero

vpp | urpg | pol
Old 10-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Super Puppy Offline
New Trainer

Jessie, James, and Meowth are designed to be silly and stupid. They're the comic relief villians. So what if they keep trying the same stuff? Let's see you come up with 400 ways to catch a rat. I personally enjoy watching their schemes and whatnot.

I wish they'd get more character developement, though. Within like the first 50 episodes of the series their backstories and characters and stuff had all been established, and then it's like the writers just gave up on them for the next 500 episodes or however many there are now. I'd like to see more developement on their part, since it's been so long. Probably never gonna happen, but hey? I can dream. And while they're at it, give Butch and Cassidy a few more episodes. They were only in like, what, three? They deserve a little more than that.

Regardless, I don't think I'd watch the show if Team Rocket wasn't in it. Most of the main good guys just annoy me (Brock's okay, and I kinda liked Misty too before they got rid of her. Nobody else.) I love Team Rocket, though. Especially James, haha.

Maybe that's just me.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUfan View Post
They are unrealistically horrible at battling. I mean I wish they would at least win a pokemon battle from time to time, whether its against Ash&friends or against other bad guys (team galactic, etc.)
Jessie did win a pokemon contest if that helps any =P

Fact: Team Rocket needs no investment in frequent flyer miles. They always end up flying Air Pikachu for free =P
Old 10-05-2009, 02:22 AM
Snake Bite Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
Its an anime directed at kids, everything is expected to be repetative.
And in most situations, the balloon was a meowth, however there were times when the balloon was of another pokemon
Spoiler:
Anyone remember the Gliscor balloon in DP085?
Yep, occasionally it was another... I believe team rocket bought the meouth balloons in high quantity and they must get rid of em.

Team rocket was good at battling in episode number 1 and 2.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:09 AM
mightydes Offline

Send a message via MSN to mightydes Send a message via Skype™ to mightydes

Remember when they had mechas that actually did cool stuff? Lately they just seem to grab and run. But anyone remember the Mecha Wobbuffet? And how it countered every move made on it, and Ash actually needed Gary's help to beat it? And yea, it'd be nice if they'd developed their backstories more. I loved the episode where James almost left Team Rocket to stay with Growlie, or when Meowth told the story of how he gave up his ability to battle to speak so he could impress a female Mewoth. (Sorry, I don't know much of Jessie's past)

Old 10-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Or the time James did leave Team Rocket *for a little bit* and joined Ash & Co. to help Electike.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Super Puppy Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
Or the time James did leave Team Rocket *for a little bit* and joined Ash & Co. to help Electike.
Ooh, I don't remember that. What episode was it? Sounds interesting.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:57 PM
DavidTennantFan Offline
Amateur Trainer

Annoying, yes, but I like James X)
Not like like just like as a char.
And why can't they just go, get a Manectrike or something?
P.S What ep is that Mewcario?
I remember in a episode how James hands over Cactnea to a Gym Leader (Forgot who..)
Old 10-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Super Puppy Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTennantFan View Post
I remember in a episode how James hands over Cactnea to a Gym Leader (Forgot who..)
I think Gardenia. I haven't really seen a lot of the newer episodes, but I'm pretty sure.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:21 PM
BioTech Offline
New Trainer

If I am being honest. I have grown up with pokémon all my life. It has been great watching the series and movies. I am quite glad team rocket do this because they light up the action on pokémon, also I doubt I will ever be too old for pokémon because I love it.

Also, if your a true pokémon fan (addict) you will understand that without team rocket, pokémon would be horrible (even though team rocket are only in pokémon yellow, red, blue etc).

HINT: The only thing I do not enjoy with pokémon is their stupid trading cards.