Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:04 PM
aurora22 Offline

Default Re: Poland will now castrate pedophiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
That's pretty much what we've been saying. Basically this is going to be case-by-case, and it'll probably require a lot of history tracking and background checking, etc. for it to be pretty close to be certain, but never 100%, since it'll always be circumstantial evidence. As you said, there is a first for everything as well.

Is it worthwhile to do this stuff though? Yes, it is. One really doesn't want to be labeled a pedophile if innocent, because once found guilty, that person will be socially outcasted for life. You might as well just throw him jail in for life. If it turns out the person IS innocent, it'll be too late...
yeh, the entire justice system would have to be altered to stop innocent people losin the main function of the crown jewels lol....

a second away from getting KO'd!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:21 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
But it still has to be done. So we're going to do the impossible. Because we have to.
I don't doubt that it's not impossible (double litote; awesome); I just think that our system is not yet acute enough to effectively handle these kinds of situations. It will be, sure, but it's obvious that we can't directly refer to the law to pass judgment right now.

My Battle Log
Old 10-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora22 View Post
yeh, the entire justice system would have to be altered to stop innocent people losin the main function of the crown jewels lol....
Actually, very little of the justice system would change. An extra double check or two isn't going to make the justice system go into an overhaul.

Remember that the social stigma of being a pedophile ranks amongst, or even worse, in comparison to those of murderers and psychopaths. If an extra check or two will help prevent someone who is innocent from being wrongfully convicted, and carry that social stigma for life, then yes, it is worthwhile.

It is certainly not as simple as you think it is.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Rabbit View Post
Innocent? if u'r innocent , you wouldn't be convicted.
The system is imperfect, just like all systems. People may be wrongfully convicted. And that's where the problem lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora22 View Post
... O_O

I think you're exaggerating. <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarago View Post
I don't doubt that it's not impossible (double litote; awesome); I just think that our system is not yet acute enough to effectively handle these kinds of situations. It will be, sure, but it's obvious that we can't directly refer to the law to pass judgment right now.
Exactly why you work on it to make it be so, right? And the faster it's done, the better.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:27 PM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
you take a pill and your testicles stop producing sperm, and your hornynes (not sure if its a word) drops.
I believe it's 'horniness'.
But don't quote me.

Hey, pedophiles are F'D, ok?
Yeah, it ranks with murderers, rapists and psychopaths. I for one, have no mercy when it comes to things like that. Trust me, they'll all get it when they die. Until then, again, no mercy and no sympathy. That being said, whatever society declares they deserve as punishment... it's up to you. Have fun, and i mean that. Nothing really matters here.
Your world.

Let them rot for all i care. Sickos don't deserve it.

And the system will not change drastically. It never does. Don't even tell me any of you think something "so crazy" as to pump these punks full of chems that should lower the chance they'll want to hurt children, let alone other people, is a world changing idea. Does your life really change? Any more than if a prisoner is executed every Thursday?

The result is the same: one less creep to worry about.
Admit it.

And again, i just have no sympathy for any person who behaves like that. Call it a sickness, say it's not their fault, whatever; They're not proper. Proper is having thoughts like that, but knowing enough to control yourself. Humans have a choice, always. They made theirs.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !CeMAn View Post
But don't quote me.

And the system will not change drastically. It never does. Don't even tell me any of you think something "so crazy" as to pump these punks full of chems that should lower the chance they'll want to hurt children, let alone other people, is a world changing idea. Does your life really change? Any more than if a prisoner is executed every Thursday?

Admit it.

And again, i just have no sympathy for any person who behaves like that. Call it a sickness, say it's not their fault, whatever; They're not proper. Proper is having thoughts like that, but knowing enough to control yourself. Humans have a choice, always. They made theirs.
I believe he meant "hormones".

And about choices: Some humans are incapable of making the correct choice in some cases. Of course, most are capable, and ended up in that state because they had refused to choose what they know is right, but for the minority who made the wrong choices because they couldn't tell right from wrong... then they may need different treatment.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by !CeMAn View Post
But don't quote me.

Hey, pedophiles are F'D, ok?
Yeah, it ranks with murderers, rapists and psychopaths. I for one, have no mercy when it comes to things like that. Trust me, they'll all get it when they die. Until then, again, no mercy and no sympathy. That being said, whatever society declares they deserve as punishment... it's up to you. Have fun, and i mean that. Nothing really matters here.
Your world.

Let them rot for all i care. Sickos don't deserve it.

Admit it.

Thanks for proving my point while you're at it, !ce. :3
Old 10-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Although somewhat crude, I think castration for pedophiles (not to mention convicted rapists, etc) is a sort of interesting way to approach it. I'm not sure if I can really pick a side, however, because both sides of the agreement have good points.

Just as it's true that pedophiles (rapists, womanizers, etc, etc) DO deserve losing their parts... what about women? Sure, there's a less amount of female pedophiles in the world, but they still exist. What about them? I feel as if there was something left out, and I don't feel like skimming several pages of posts in the thread to see if it was previously mentioned. xP

EDIT: Female pedophiles were mentioned twice, however, they were not replied to with good reason. Someone please help elaborate on their opinion on this side of the debate?

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 10-08-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
Female pedophiles were mentioned twice, however, they were not replied to with good reason. Someone please help elaborate on their opinion on this side of the debate?
I guess they'd use another form of chemical treatment in their case.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
I guess they'd use another form of chemical treatment in their case.
Actually, "horniness" in men and women both stem from testosterone. The same chemical applies to both type of pedophiles. Physical castration, however, is impossible for women as a preventative measure (as it's basically only to tie up her uterine tubes so neither sperm nor eggs can pass through). I'm not entirely sure on removal of external genitalia either, if that is even possible.

source: BBC

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 10-27-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:06 PM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

HA HA HA HA HA HA! What happens to re-offenders after this?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
miragebaby_x Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoo View Post
HA HA HA HA HA HA! What happens to re-offenders after this?
For your safety? jk.

They won't want to re-offend so no need to worry n____n

Old 10-27-2009, 07:22 PM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

They've already been castrated, how much worse can it get?
Old 10-28-2009, 03:00 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoo View Post
They've already been castrated, how much worse can it get?
It's kinda hard to get sexually aroused once you are chemically castrated. Physical castration still depends, but I'd assume they'd chop off the family jewels, so testosterone wouldn't be produced, which also means no sexual arousal.

The only time when there can be a re-offender is if the person stopped becoming chemically castrated, which is a reversible "reaction".