Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:15 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist
Default Re: Poland will now castrate pedophiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
Using two condoms doesn't give any more protection than one condom.
Actually it works in reverse. The friction from the two condoms can cause them to break easier. Just wanted to clear that up before Ayotui goes knocking up chicks and can't figure out how it's happening.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:04 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
That was perfectly easy to understand.
I know, but I wasn't familiar with the word libido. Usually when I don't understand one word in a sentence, I ask to put the whole sentence in lamest way, then just word. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
you take a pill and your testicles stop producing sperm, and your hornynes (not sure if its a word) drops.
Thank you. But something bothers me. Doesn't some pedophiles just to do it for the thrill? Not just the sexually thrill, but the thrill because it's wrong? It won't really stop them.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 09-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
you take a pill and your testicles stop producing sperm, and your hornynes (not sure if its a word) drops.
You mean hormones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
Chemical castration is also prevalent in the United States. Although it is not "forced," it has been recommended and used on many rapists and pedophiles who are applying for probation. However, it should be noted that chemical castration DOES NOT HAVE A 100% CHANCE OF WORKING. Really, an interesting subject.
Then do it twice. If it still doesn't work... well, the authorities should decide, I guess. :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
Using two condoms doesn't give any more protection than one condom.
Yes, we know, it backfires, but you still forgot to answer the question: how is chemical castration worse than death? Heck, I don't even think physical castration is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Mitch View Post
Just wanted to clear that up before Ayotui goes knocking up chicks and can't figure out how it's happening.
@_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
Doesn't some pedophiles just to do it for the thrill? Not just the sexually thrill, but the thrill because it's wrong? It won't really stop them.
Those need a different punishment. There should be one that works, though, if we look hard enough.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Yes, we know, it backfires, but you still forgot to answer the question: how is chemical castration worse than death? Heck, I don't even think physical castration is.
I dunno, I definitely know some people who would rather die than face physical castration >_>

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
its kinda like condoms use two for better protection.
Nine months later, out pops baby Joe.

Chemical castration seems fitting for paedophiles. I read an article about this somewhere, and some paedophiles that have had it done said it really helped to lower their urges and chances of reoffending. If paedophiles are going to be released from prison back into society, then I think that chemical castration is necessary to help lower the risks of it happening again. Imagine how you would feel if you had the power to enforce chemical castration on a convicted paedophile and chose not to, and then they went off and raped another child.

And CL, stop avoiding the question: how is forced castration worse than the death penalty?
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 09-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
I dunno, I definitely know some people who would rather die than face physical castration >_>
True, such people exist. But I reckon that they are the minority. If they want to die, let them, I guess. :X (NOTE: These two are totally unrelated. :X)

In any case, it's chemical castration we're talking about here, which is better than dying.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

BAHAHAHA! Those immoral people deserve their loss of...well, you know. Though it would be more effective if it was physical instead of chemical, in my opinion. Because then, they can't do it again no matter how bad they want to.

Well, there's my half-pence on the topic.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal sonic View Post
BAHAHAHA! Those immoral people deserve their loss of...well, you know. Though it would be more effective if it was physical instead of chemical, in my opinion. Because then, they can't do it again no matter how bad they want to.

Well, there's my half-pence on the topic.
The point of castration is so they don't want to. They CAN still do it. They just don't want to.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

I have problems with society thinking children are asexual beings, but that's another topic for another day.

In essence, I think that this action is justifiable only under certain circumstances. Yes, people make mistakes sometimes, but should one really be castrated for example if they had sex with a 17 year old girl when they think the girl's 18? There are borderline cases like those that should be addressed rather than simply say, "they should all be castrated." I do agree that if one got down to a certain level of age and maturity (prepubescent), then there is pretty much no argument. It's the ages that are considered to be "jailbait" that really needs to be analyzed further. To be honest with you, I have no clue what to think about the borderline cases specifically because it's so hard to determine whether or not someone is a pedophile or not under that circumstance. You could say that they should be castrated anyway, but there's nothing illegal about having sex with 18 year olds either, and you're penalizing them for life because they didn't think the girl's lying, for example.

Chemical "castration" is just simply to stop testosterone from going wild in a person, decreasing their libido. They are STILL FERTILE. The problem with this is that they would have to be mandated to actually go and take the drug every now and then (I don't know the half-life of a drug like this, so it could be like once a week for all I know), which they don't actually have to go, meaning that the person has to basically be willing to go. Yes, that would mean that only physical castration is the solution for heavily repeat offenders.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Well played, Poland. Well played. I support this wholeheartedly. As others have said, it's a very fitting punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Chemical "castration" is just simply to stop testosterone from going wild in a person, decreasing their libido. They are STILL FERTILE. The problem with this is that they would have to be mandated to actually go and take the drug every now and then (I don't know the half-life of a drug like this, so it could be like once a week for all I know), which they don't actually have to go, meaning that the person has to basically be willing to go. Yes, that would mean that only physical castration is the solution for heavily repeat offenders.
Ah, very good point. They'd have to keep the offenders in some sort of custody to be able to administer the drug on a regular basis. I can see how that would be a problem. Perhaps they could keep the person under house arrest, and have someone go to the home to give them the drug? I suppose that wouldn't exactly be cost-effective, though, would it? On the other hand, if they opt for physical castration, that's an opening for numerous lawsuits. Not saying they'd be justified, but I'm sure it would cause an uproar all the same.

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 09-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
In essence, I think that this action is justifiable only under certain circumstances. Yes, people make mistakes sometimes, but should one really be castrated for example if they had sex with a 17 year old girl when they think the girl's 18? There are borderline cases like those that should be addressed rather than simply say, "they should all be castrated."
I don't actually know much about Polish law, but I do know that in a lot of American states the age of consent is 16 or 17. And that aside, if the person can prove that they had no reason to doubt that the 17 year old was 18 then charges can't actually be pressed.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:48 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
I don't actually know much about Polish law, but I do know that in a lot of American states the age of consent is 16 or 17. And that aside, if the person can prove that they had no reason to doubt that the 17 year old was 18 then charges can't actually be pressed.
Yeah, but how the hell do you prove that?

My Battle Log
Old 09-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarago View Post
Yeah, but how the hell do you prove that?
If the minor has a fake ID, if the minor admits to deception, etc.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
If the minor has a fake ID, if the minor admits to deception, etc.
Right, because this is totally foolproof and is not subject to abuse. >.>
Old 09-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Right, because this is totally foolproof and is not subject to abuse. >.>
I'm not advocating it, I'm saying that's the process that is used.