Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:47 AM
gukinator Offline
New Trainer

Default is this a good weezing?

Weezing @levitate - leftovers
252 att,252 def, 252 hp
toxic
assurance
sludge bomb
gyro ball

toxic because its a great move, and because assuarance's power will be doubled, right?
sludge bomb because... well because whats a weezing without sludge bomb? :P
gyro ball because weezing isnt very fast, and it should have some power

i chose weezing because i wanted to build a pokemon around assurance, because i saw it could be a 100 power move that could be used every turn with 10 pp, if the target was poisoned, burned, there was hail, sandstorm, etc..
suggestions?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Lord Cheesus Offline

Default Re: is this a good weezing?

It is impossible to get a weezing with 252 EV's in ATK, DEF and HP. Only in 2 stats.

If you you are going for assurance, I suggest you combine something with sandstream (eg tyrannitar, Hippowdon), or perhaps something something that would be good with sandstorms (like a Gliscor with sandveil), with a Rampardos. Rampardos has one of the highest ATK stats of all pokemon, and can learn assurance. When you combine these factors, it is a heavy hitting combo. Add to this the speed increasing factor to Rampardos with sandstorm, and you have something incredibly powerful (if you wanna go with toxic, Rampardos can learn that to but I wouldn't recommend it).

Absol can also learn assurance, and it gets a STAB bonus from the move, so you could go with that instead.

I hope this has been informative for you.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
gukinator Offline
New Trainer

oops sorry i meant 6 hp,
ok thanks, ill try rampardos instead
Old 10-19-2009, 08:07 AM
Lakota2 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gukinator View Post
Weezing @levitate - leftovers
252 att,252 def, 252 hp
toxic
assurance
sludge bomb
gyro ball

toxic because its a great move, and because assuarance's power will be doubled, right?
sludge bomb because... well because whats a weezing without sludge bomb? :P
gyro ball because weezing isnt very fast, and it should have some power

i chose weezing because i wanted to build a pokemon around assurance, because i saw it could be a 100 power move that could be used every turn with 10 pp, if the target was poisoned, burned, there was hail, sandstorm, etc..
suggestions?
Weezing is an interesting poke, you rarely see him now-a-days, in competitive battling.

Weezing has better tools to work with than assurance and defenses that still allow him to wall lots of things cold.

This is a set I like for your offensive minded weezing,

Weezing (bold)
leftovers
evs: 252 HP, 176 Def, 80 SpAtt
thunderbolt
flamethrower/fire blast
will-o-wisp
pain split/explosion

Cripple strong physical attackers and come in on physical resistances for an elimination blow. Is a Gyara threatening? Send in weezing for a thunderbolt. Is Salamence around? Is T-tar making trouble? will-o-wisp and cut their attack in half. Lucario being, well, Lucario? Throw on some fire.

Weezing can wall attackers and take them out of the game, either by hitting them with a super effective attack, taking away their attacking power, or if it comes to it, blowing them up.

Weezing is a powerful, damage absorbing tool at your disposal. Use him where his strong point are, and he'll be steady for you.
"I am of the opinion that as Pokémon Red and Blue were about to be released, Farfetch'd accidentally spilled some ink on the suit of one of the most important Game Freak staff members. Since then, they have hated Farfetch'd and did everything they could to make this thing suck as much as possible on the battlefield."
-Smogon University's opinion on Farfetch'd

Pe2K shoddy server: N/A
Smogon shoddy users: Lakota2, Africanus, Kamotts
Common Alts: Acai, Living Desert, Africanis

Last edited by Lakota2; 10-19-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:09 AM
Lord Cheesus Offline

Flamethrower is always better than fire blast unless you have a booster using some accuracy boosting strategies. but unless lucario had psychic or was the last pokemon, then I can't imagine why someone would try to hit weezing with one. Thunderbolt seems to work well, but with no Sp. def capabilities, and almost all it's weaknesses being Sp. based (mostly psychic moves) then either it needs a bit of adjusting or some support. Maybe dark pulse could help that out?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Lakota2 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Flamethrower is always better than fire blast unless you have a booster using some accuracy boosting strategies.

Fire blast gives Weezing the extra umph to beat steels. His special attack isn't high enough and he doesn't get stab on flamethrower, so you get an accuracy drop, but weezing has the bulk get the job done and the extra power is helpful. Flamethrower is still a viable option, as it will do large amounts of damage to the same steel types.

Thunderbolt seems to work well, but with no Sp. def capabilities, and almost all it's weaknesses being Sp. based (mostly psychic moves) then either it needs a bit of adjusting or some support. Maybe dark pulse could help that out?

T-bolt is for gyara. Weezing can wall and take him out. No one wants a Gyara DDing on them.

Weezing isn't going to be coming on psychic types, so that's irrevent imo, unless your facing a Jirachi in a competitive battle, then we need to evaluate.

If you want sludge bomb, that's fine, but I go with either fire blast, or t-bolt as the other attack./QUOTE]
"I am of the opinion that as Pokémon Red and Blue were about to be released, Farfetch'd accidentally spilled some ink on the suit of one of the most important Game Freak staff members. Since then, they have hated Farfetch'd and did everything they could to make this thing suck as much as possible on the battlefield."

Last edited by Lakota2; 10-21-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Lord Cheesus Offline

It may not go up against psychic types, nut you never know what might have an unusual move up it's sleeve, like absol with zen headbutt. I'm not saying thunderbolt seems like a bad idea, but if your opponent manages to surprise you with an unexpected psychic attack than this weezing is in trouble.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Lakota2 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Cheesus View Post
It may not go up against psychic types, nut you never know what might have an unusual move up it's sleeve, like absol with zen headbutt. I'm not saying thunderbolt seems like a bad idea, but if your opponent manages to surprise you with an unexpected psychic attack than this weezing is in trouble.
Considering that Absol actually resists dark attacks, I don't see how dark pulse helps any more than the other attacks I've suggested...It makes more sense to switch weezing out of a psycho cut rather than take one, which he will have to, given his lower speed stat.

I don't know how common Absol is in UU (let alone one that runs psycho cut), but assuming for a second that he is common, I'd rather just see a dark type poke in your squad, or something else that can come in on all Absol's attacks and then work to predict superpower.

It makes more sense to go about it that way imo, rather than giving a solid poke an atypical move because it "might" see a very very specific threat, that can easily be dealt with by some other component.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabuza View Post
Weezing is an interesting poke, you rarely see him now-a-days, in competitive battling.

Weezing has better tools to work with than assurance and defenses that still allow him to wall lots of things cold.

This is a set I like for your offensive minded weezing,

Weezing (bold)
leftovers
evs: 252 HP, 176 Def, 80 SpAtt
thunderbolt
flamethrower/fire blast
will-o-wisp
pain split/explosion

Cripple strong physical attackers and come in on physical resistances for an elimination blow. Is a Gyara threatening? Send in weezing for a thunderbolt. Is Salamence around? Is T-tar making trouble? will-o-wisp and cut their attack in half. Lucario being, well, Lucario? Throw on some fire.

Weezing can wall attackers and take them out of the game, either by hitting them with a super effective attack, taking away their attacking power, or if it comes to it, blowing them up.

Weezing is a powerful, damage absorbing tool at your disposal. Use him where his strong point are, and he'll be steady for you.
i like the set he put together here, will o wisp would just make him even better at walling pokemon. Pain split and explosion really come down to you. I like explosion but pain split does keep weezing around longer

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 10-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Dragonbreath Offline
New Trainer

I suppose so but not too sure. Sorry i don't have a weezing
Old 11-23-2009, 08:02 AM
zukario Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to zukario

I also thinking of using weezing in my team but with this sets protect,pain split,thunderbolt/sludge bomb, haze.