Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:43 AM
gukinator Offline
New Trainer

Default bad idea?

im just having a battle with a friend and i want to know if this team will just be complete crap (its not a very competetive battle, i just want to know if i wont be able to do any damage)
also, he uses blissy a lot and this team would be good against blissy

ok so a weavle with evs in spd and hp,with beat up
then 6 rampardoses

my understanding of beat up is it takes the base attack stat of all of ur team mates and ignores ivs and evs, so weavle with speed and hp so it can stay alive for a little longer and go first, then use beat up and have all the 165 base attack rampardoses attack for lotsa damge
what do you guys think? horrible idea?
keep in mind im just having fun and messing around so it doesnt have to be perfect
Old 10-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Lakota2 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: bad idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gukinator View Post
im just having a battle with a friend and i want to know if this team will just be complete crap (its not a very competitive battle, i just want to know if i wont be able to do any damage)
also, he uses blissy a lot and this team would be good against blissy

ok so a weavle with evs in spd and hp,with beat up
then 6 rampardoses

my understanding of beat up is it takes the base attack stat of all of ur team mates and ignores ivs and evs, so weavle with speed and hp so it can stay alive for a little longer and go first, then use beat up and have all the 165 base attack rampardoses attack for lotsa damge
what do you guys think? horrible idea?
keep in mind im just having fun and messing around so it doesnt have to be perfect
That does sund like a fun idea. Just remember, they don't call Rampardos a, "glass cannon" for nothing. From extreme to extreme, this is how I can see it going at both ends of the opponent skill level spectrum,

Extreme 1: Total Success

You use this team against a fairly casual, non-serious player who is using all slow pokes with low mediocre defense and type/pokes with attacks that rampardos and weavile resist and mediocre physical defense and type. Weavile's speed allows you to take a slew of weak pokes out before finally going down. You then send in your heavy infantry, and the Rampardos line muscles its way to victory.

Extreme 2: Total Failure

Your opponent sees weavile, he immediately switches in Scizor (resists all of weavile's common attacks). Maybe he gets a swords dance under his belt for kicks. He then KOs your entire team with 6 back-to-back bullet punches.

You make the decision.
"I am of the opinion that as Pokémon Red and Blue were about to be released, Farfetch'd accidentally spilled some ink on the suit of one of the most important Game Freak staff members. Since then, they have hated Farfetch'd and did everything they could to make this thing suck as much as possible on the battlefield."
-Smogon University's opinion on Farfetch'd

Pe2K shoddy server: N/A
Smogon shoddy users: Lakota2, Africanus, Kamotts
Common Alts: Acai, Living Desert, Africanis

Last edited by Lakota2; 10-19-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Sebastien Loeb Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: bad idea?

Too many steel and Bullet Punch in the metagame DP, absolutely is not a good idea.