Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Dragoness Offline

Default Individual RP: Sequentio

Ranger Amonea
en route to Meteor Valley

The waves crashed against the shore, dragging old shells and sticks into its cold hands before throwing them back onto the sand, to repeat the process. I smiled as I saw a Squirtle ride the waves, its hard red shell spinning merrily around and around.

"Amonea!" A voice startled me out of my thinking. I was at Outpost One, eating my snack outside the station on a little deck. The Park couldn't afford a new deck, but this one had been built years ago by the previous owner of this little island.

"Yes," I responded, crumpling up my cheap can of soda. Looking behind me, I saw two people standing in the doorway to the Outpost. One I knew well, Ms. Jatana, one of the senior Rangers. A sharp, tough girl, she earned every inch of her senior status and she won't let you forget it!

The other person I surmised was a new trainer, coming to the Park for some thrills. A lad of about my age, in his early twenties. He dressed in an eccentric manner. Black pants and a crisp pink jacket. Surprisingly, it fit with his pale skin and wild black hair.

"This is Mister Seq. He is heading to Meteor Valley today." Jatana handed me a sheet of paper with Seq's information. Catching my eye, she smiled with that frosty-wolf like grin, the one that said 'I'll eat you if you annoy me. By the way, I am in a good mood'. Quietly, so only I could hear, she whispered "You don't like new trainers anymore than I do. However, be nice to him and make sure he gets back here safely, so he'll want to return to the Park."

Nodding, I stood up, threw my trash in the bin and walked over to Seq. "I am Ranger Amonea," I said, sounding sickly sweet. "Come with me." I led Seq outside to a line of trucks, golf carts and jeeps, all with the Park Logo stamped onto their sides. Choosing a pale blue jeep, I started it up and began to drive, going through a few twisty roads and hills. In about twenty minutes we were at Meteor Valley. The trip had been without incident, except for the time I had to slam on the breaks for a passing Mankey. Throughout the journey I had said little, except to point out some things about the Park and make a little joke here and there.

Getting out of the jeep, I walked to the edge of the hill we stood on. It overlooked a breathtaking site. The valley, closed in by two large hills, was filled with blossoming flowers. Trees dotted the landscape, especially near the edges of the hills, where I could just see a couple small cave entrances. I always found it odd that, while it was fall and the air was cool, the flowers didn't seem to die but in the winter. The trees at least had started to turn a golden-red.

Brushing back a strand of my long, scarlet hair I nodded at Seq. "Let's go," I said, pointing down a long, twisty path. On one side of the path was a very steep hill, no good for climbing except in dire situations. On the other side was a tall hill, trees and rocks covering it. As we started down the path, crossing into a patch of shade, I became glad for the onyx jeans and black sweater I wore. It wasn't to accent me, though most said I looked pretty in dark clothes, but more because the clothes were comfortable above all else.

Glancing over at Seq, in his bright jacket, I smiled. "Let's hope you don't scare the Pokemon away," I said, nodding at the pink outfit.
--

Encounters remaining: 15
Area effects:

Name: Seq
Extra Pokemon Permit: One
Total Money: $19,000.--let me know if this changes
Total Items: 4 Park Balls, 4 Super Balls & 3 Max Potions.

Pokemon;

Pokemon: Ampharos.
Nickname: Morgan.
Ability: Static.
Nature: Serious.
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Brick Break, Snore & Hidden Power (Poison).

Pokemon: Furret.
Nickname: Eli.
Ability: Keen Eye.
Nature: Quirky.
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Shadow Ball, Snore & Thunderbolt.

Pokemon: Jynx.
Nickname: Rebecca.
Ability: Oblivious.
Nature: Impish.
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Grass Knot.

Pokemon encountered:
Pokemon captured:
--
OOC: You may post :) Have fun. If you have any questions, then feel free to ask =)

Last edited by Dragoness; 09-26-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:16 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio
Default Re: Individual RP: Seq

It was the first time I had ever really set out to catch Pokemon. All the others I acquired came to me in some sort of odd manner - most different being that of Morgan the Ampharos. He was my first Pokemon, whom I met while performing an electricity experiment on Mareep for Professor Birch. However, the Professor assured me that instead of sitting around in a lab all day, I should be out learning through experience. He handed me a pamphlet about a National Park.

"Amph," Morgan explained, motioning to the folded paper.

"I know it sounds fun," I said.

"Amph!" Morgan huffed, crossing his pale, orchid arms.

"I know you don't like fun, but Eli and Rebecca deserve a chance to play."

The Ampharos whined, eventually giving in.

~*~

I walked up the dirty path to a building the size of a Gymnasium. I was startled to learn it was composed of bricks, as it laid so near the ocean. I would have expected some sort of foundational problems but that wasn't my concern.

I entered the front doors, which opened and closed with mechanical grace. There was an open secretary's desk, cluttered with papers. However, it was not accompanied by any sort of person. "Hello?" I asked.

A woman brusquely walked out from an adjacent door and extended her hand. "I'm Senior Ranger Jatana. You are?"

I was taken aback at her forward attitude, though I did extend a hand to shake. "I'm Seq. It's nice to meet you. I um... I'm here for this?" I fiddled around with my old jacket before producing the pamphlet relayed to me earlier.

"Ah! Another one of Birch's recruits? I see you're marked for Meteor Valle. Well, come along." She turned, motioning for me to follow her down the hallway to the back of building.

Meteor Valley? It sounds as if Clefairy will come out of nowhere and hold everyone hostage for invading their turf. I shuddered slightly, wondering what in the world had I gotten myself into.

~*~

The sea breeze was a crisp refresher compared to the stuffy air inside the building. I don't like the heat anyways, as it usually finds a way to mess with my clothes. I wouldn't have minded on most days, but I like to keep things ironed and pressed. It usually gave a better impression.

I noticed a second woman about my age eating on the dilapidated dock. She was quite pretty, standing only to throw away trash and communicate with Senior Ranger Jatana. As she finished, the Ranger turned to me and said;

"I am Ranger Amonea. Come with me." A sweet smile arose on her face.

I looked at Amonea with a strange glance. Like her Senior, she too came on strong. I was starting to wonder if that was part of the job requirement.

She led me to a pale blue jeep. I cringed. I know that clashing a jacket and a jeep weren't at the top of others priorities, I found it more of an obsession or a compulsion to have things all of the same color.

The drive was, for the most part, silent and uneventful. We did have to halt once for a crossing Mankey, (which, had I not been wearing a belt, I would have flown like a Pidgey) but that was all over. She pulled the jeep up near a large hill, parking near the edge. Without further instructions, I followed her lead to look over the area we were supposed to venture into. It was a marvelous sight, consisting of autumn tinted trees, swaying red flowers and a deep, cavernous valley.

"Let's go," she said, pointing down a long, twisty path.

I glanced at the path and studied it carefully. It didn't look particularly dangerous, so I nodded and joined her.

She glanced at me over her shoulder. "Let's hope you don't scare the Pokemon away."

It was then I became instantly self aware that a bright pink jacket wasn't really the best thing to attract Pokemon in a darker environment. I laughed gently. "You might be right about that. One minute." Seeing that I was highly uncoordinated, I had to stop the trek to take off my light coat. After fumbling around for several awkward moments, the jacket slid off with ease, revealing a grey, long sleeved shirt. Flinging the jacket over my arm, I asked, "Shall we continue, Miss Amonea?"

OOC; I find it difficult to write in first person, as you can probably tell... But that's fine. I look forward to the Pokemon encounters. =o
Old 09-22-2009, 03:00 AM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: You're doing great in first person. If you feel more comfortable in third, then by all means, go ahead and switch to third in your next post =) Btw, I liked the history you made up + the detail, keep that creativity/detail up. It'll help in battling.

IC:

Ranger Amonea
Meteor Valley

"By all means, let us continue, Mr. Seq. Quite an interesting name you have, by the way. I don't think I've met many Seqs..." That was it for the chit-chat. I'm not really a chatty person, but you don't have to be chatty to be a Ranger. Friendly, yes, chatty no. Knowledge of Pokemon lore, common sense and a smidge of friendliness are far more prized.

I admit it, I hurried Mister Seq down the path as quickly as was possible. Recently, while taking another Ranger through the Park, a landslide had almost happened. It must have seemed like I fidgeted, glancing up at the hill beside us all the time, on the lookout for tumbling boulders. Why the Park deemed it safe, I do not know. As we neared the end of the road, I let out a sigh of relief. Oops.

You know, sometimes doesn't it seem that the moment you relax something bad happens? Like say a sudden grating sound as if rock shoved against rock. I'm not lying, the ground trembled. Just a little. The next thing I know a shower of dirt and pebbles cascaded down before me. Gripping tight onto Seq's shoulder, I pulled him back as several massive stones crashed down on the path.

Silence. "Wow," I finally said. Looking carefully at the collection of boulders before us, I smiled. "Well, this is only a few feet high. If we're careful, we should be able to cross it without a, eh, problem." I took several steps towards the pile when I heard it. A faint whimper. Then, from behind--under?--one of the larger stones a Pokemon rose into the air, its eye gleaming with fury and...fear?

It was a beauty. Colored a deep purple, with a mischievous red mouth was a Mismagius. It looked like any of its kind, its skin folded as if it wore a magician's cape, its head shaped like a giant hat. Glowering, it let out a snarl and flew at us, its eyes widening to the point of almost no pupils. In a word, scary. Very scary.

"Bring out a Pokemon now!" I ordered, reaching for my own in case Seq freaked out.
---
Pokemon: Mismagius
Ability: Levitate
Attack being used: Astonish

vs.

???

Area effects:

Pokemon;

Pokemon: Furret.

Pokemon encountered: Mismagius
Pokemon captured:
Pokemon battles: Mismagius vs. ???
--
OOC: You can battle it, or try and run, though that may not work out well. Just lettin' ya know. Also, please pick a gender for it--male or female, IDC. Remember when you battle to be creative, practical and well detailed.

Just a note, you can start off describing how an attack looks like--you can't say whether it hit or not, whether anyone got confused/poisoned/sent to sleep/whatever, but you can describe the attack a bit. If you're confused, maybe take a really quick skim through a couple battle posts in the Main RP =)
Old 09-22-2009, 03:30 AM
Sequentio Offline

I listened to Ranger Amonea comment on my name. It was pleasant chit-chat. "It's Italian," I said, trying to manuver down the hill. "But I can say, I only know one other."

That was the end of the talking. It seemed Amonea was quite like me in the sense that results mattered most. However, I was starting to become more nervous as time went on. She kept looking at the rocks on the cliff as if they would fall any minute. That wasn't very reassuring. I contiued cautiously, hoping everything would be alright. Once more proving Murphy's Law, tiny specs of dirt began to release themselves from the cliffside. They were followed by large, rolling masses and then boulders.

Amonea quicky grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back. I watched as the path was closed by varied boulders. I was going to thank her when a cackle arose from the mass of rocks. A purple, witch-like Pokemon appeared.

I looked at the ghost Pokemon with a bit of fear. She was intimidating, but so had Rebecca when he met her. In fact, I might as well use the same Pokemon that I used when battling Jynx. I reached around to my pocket, producing a small Pokeball. It expanded to the shape of my hand as I threw it to the pile of rocks. "Go, Eli!"

A rather large Furret appeared from the flash of red. He wiggled, shaking off any loose hairs he had accumulated in wait. He looked happy to have been called upon. "Curl up, Eli. Hide your face in your bushy tail to try and avoid the Astonish. If it can't see you, it can't well Astonish you, right?"

The Furret nodded, doing what he could to hide from the intimidating ghost.

"Now!" I commanded, pointing at the fallen boulders. "Use your long, snake-like body to worm between the rocks. Lay and wait until you see an opening and shock it with a nice Shadow Ball!"

Eli stood, running quickly into the pile of rubble. His tan fur scrapped against the tight spaces, but he found the perfect opening. Tiny hands clasped together, producing a small mass of dark matter. As he expanded his hands, the ball grew. With a cry of his name, the Shadow Ball was released. It was heading directly at the wild Mismagius.

OOC; I think it'd be weird to switch now. *laughs*
... A Mismagius? Wow.
So I made the post to the best of my ability. Hope it's correct.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Dragoness Offline

Ranger Amonea
Meteor Valley

I needn't have worried about Seq. He released a Pokemon, long, brown and graceful. It was a Furret. Ordering the Furret, "Eli", to curl up to avoid the Astonish, I smiled slightly. It was a good idea, but Astonish was a Ghost type move and Furret is a Normal type Pokemon. Still, Mismagius swooped down low on Furret, screeching her battle cry. No effect whatsoever.

Annoyed, the Ghost 'Mon turned around to glower down at the Furret. Eli, however, had already gotten up and ran over to the pile of rocks, slipping his little body snugly into them. At first this would seem like a good move. In hindsight, it really wasn't. The rocks were a tad unstable and of course some of them shifted. A yelp could be heard from the pile.

I didn't bother to go and help, Seq's Pokemon would have let out more than one yelp if it was really in danger. I was right. After a minute the rocks moved slightly and then one stone came flying out, landing a few feet from Seq. Eli pushed his way out, looking for the Mismagagius before opening his mouth and letting a large black blob fly out of it. The ball flew through the air, nearly hitting Misdevious, who had moved out of the way in time to avoid the Shadow Ball.

A vicious gleam appeared in the wild Pokemon's eyes. Raising her cape high, she let a cold cackle and--as if out of thin air--an emerald green leaf appeared beside her. Its edges glinted as if made of sharp steel as it shot down at the Furret. Eli tried to run, dodging it once, but the leaf came at him again, catching him on the back of his head with such force it sent him sprawling. A trickle of blood appeared along the thin cut.

Misdevious was not done yet. She flew over him, chanting a strange garbled language.

"Kaawl....mooan...la...ta!" she yelled, widening her mouth so a strange glitter fell over Eli. Lucky Chant, if I was to guess.
---

Pokemon: Mismagius 100%
Attack being used:

vs.

Pokemon: Furret. 85%--No crit. hits for five turns thereabouts

Area effects:

Pokemon;

Pokemon captured:
Pokemon battles: Mismagius vs. Furret
--

OOC: remember to keep your 'mon's nature in mind when attacking. Creative attack, but don't forget type differences and so on. You're doing alright :)
Old 09-23-2009, 03:03 AM
Sequentio Offline

I groaned, placing my head in my hands. To not think the rocks would have an ill effect was devastating in hindsight. However, I wasn't going to give up on Eli now. He was always a bit feisty, leading to a rather intersting idea. "Eli!," I yelled, pointing at the floating ghost, "you're fast. Your speed can be an asset, right?"

"Furret!" He grabbed onto his magenta tail, small paws tugging at it with a gleam in his coal eyes. Eli twisted, pulling himself up to perform a backsplit, as if to say he was indeed up for a speedy challenge.

"I want you to try and pull off a small combo, using your speed for an advantage. Get as close to Mismagius as you can and stare her directly in the eyes. Take that chance to use those predatorial eyes to scan her for a Foresight. Is she's caught off guard, it's your chance to do something fun. Do you remember watching that Jumpluff during the annual Grand Festival? Do that with Shadow Ball." I laughed, ready to see what Mismagius would do with a speedy Pokemon zipping around the field.

Eli's hind legs twitched, his feet jittery.

"Go!"

The weasel like Pokemon performed like an aerobatic Swellow. He raced up and down the path before leaping onto the rocks near Mismagius' form, careful to avoid the pointed stones. Deep eyes the color of space looked into menacing red pupils. As Mismagius chanted, misty round lenses appeared as if they were glasses.

I smiled, hoping that the attack was a success. If it was, then Mismagius would appear as a three dimensional in the next round. For now though, it was time for stage two.

Last year, I had taken Eli and Ana (my Delcatty) to watch a Grand Festival. In the last round, a Jumpluff had used Energy Ball in a doubles battle. It's partner, a Blastoise, had bent over, allowing Jumpluff to send the green mass hurtling at the turtle's shell. Instead of hitting Blastoise straight on, it burst into a multitude of Energy Bubbles - spraying outward in all directions. That was what I hoped Eli could accomplish.

He smiled, broad grin on his peach face. As he scampered up the fallen rocks, he found one that was as sturdy as they came. He leaped into the air, making sure he was directly in the center of the flat stone. His paws made small, swirling motions as he gathered the dark energy. The Furret clapped. When he opened his hands, a large orb compiled of shadows appeared. With all his might, he threw it at the stone, wishing it would have the same effect as the aforementioned Energy Ball. Hopefully, the array of shadow wouldn't miss.

OOC; He is quirky, which says they like to pull off non-STAB moves. That and Mismagius has a 2x weakness to Ghost Type attacks. My money has also changed to 18,500. :3
Oh! And I hope it's alright I said that Foresight was performed. From what I've read, the Ranger can always say it was ineffective/didn't hit/etc, correct?
Old 09-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: Sorry for the last posting...though its only been a day or so, lol. Hmm, you wanna be careful so as to not to say attacks were successfully performed, but you did alright now. I can declare the Foresight messed up :wicked grin: J/K, j/k...

IC:

Yikes! Seq was being rather creative. Grudgingly, I gave him a nod of approval. For some hot-shot new trainer, he wasn't bad. At the strangest moment, a thought came to me. While hanging out at the beach with my younger sister, Dragana, I remember making some comment about one of the trainers at the Park. Her response was this: "Show kindness, Miss. 'I'm all that'. Your good, few will tell you otherwise. But you need to be kind. Their not bad people, even some of the more over-confident ones."

I shook my head, tossing away the old memory, though it lingered in the back of my mind. I would worry about how I treated others at a later date and time. The battle caught my attention now.

Eli looked like he had succeeded with his Foresight move, though I wouldn't trust it that much. In the past, Normal moves against Ghost types--even when Foresight had been used--have not been nearly as effective as other things. Still, it would help. The Furret's eyes seemed to glow slightly from the attack. Misdevious tried to look away, but still caught the Pokemon's eye.

As Eli opened his mouth to release another Shadow Ball, the witch of a Pokemon swept down on him, using her cape-like skin to knock him off of a small pile of stones he had come to stop on. Tumbling down them, he lost control of his Shadow Ball attack, swallowing the tiny dark orb he was in the middle of producing.

His foe hovered above him, eyes closed tight as if she was remembering something. She shook slightly, letting out a sharp cry. Then an explosion of yellow-white came from her. It seemed that at one point, she had either learned something on her own or had been a trainer's Pokemon before being released into the wild. Because the attack she used was a weak Thunderbolt. It struck down at Furret, but he moved out of the way, only his tail being caught in the blast.

Next, Eli stood up tall and proud, opening his mouth to release a proper Shadow Ball. The ball of black energy flew at Misdevious, hitting her in the side and sending her flying into the ground.

--

Pokemon: Mismagius 60% Special Def. lowered. Can be hit by Normal/Fighting moves now
Attack being used:

vs.

Pokemon: Furret. 65.5%--No crit. hits for four turns thereabouts

Area effects:

Total Money: $18,500.--let me know if this changes

Pokemon;

Pokemon captured:

Last edited by Dragoness; 09-24-2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Sprite isn't showing.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:26 AM
Sequentio Offline

OOC; No problem. I have plenty of other things to do! *shifty eyes*
And yeah. I find it hard to say they weren't performed. However, I don't have a problem if you declare them messed up, unsuccessful or somehow backfire. I'll work on it. xD
My money is now 11,000 because I bought things.
(HA! I SPOT A MISMAGIUS!)

A deep grin appeared on my face. I hated to show any inkling of satisfaction at battle since I was so new, but I couldn't help enjoy a successful attack. It was rare if I had a small victory, so I may have been a big egotistical when exuding confidence.

I watched Eli's attack fail for the second time as he tumbled to the ground. It seemed weasels were not very nimble near rocks. At all. "You're doing good, my friend. However, I'm going to say stay away from those rocks for now. They don't seem to be doing you any good, eh?"

The sly Furret laughed, nodding his head. It seemed he was a bit battered from the fight, but he has survived much worse situations. I recalled a time while battling a Kingdra in which bother were nearing zero HP. Eli would have won with his rapid speed, had it not been for Swift Swim. Instead of pulling a Thunderbolt, he was washed out with a Surf.

"Let's try something else, okay buddy?" I placed my hand to my chin in an inquisitive manner. I had to think of a new strategy, one that not only gave Eli the upper hand, but could effectivley cripple the laughing ghost.

"She's on the ground now. She's in your territory and your reach. Go for another combo now, alright? If it fails, I have a good idea for the next round. For now though, I want you to forget about all the pain, all the worry. Clear your mind to get better focus."

The multi-colored Pokemon halted, standing on his round, hind feet. His beady eyes cleared of any haze as he stood momentarily.

I was hoping that Eli would get the hint and perform Amnesia.

"Now, this is our chance, right? I know some of these moves might not seem so exciting, but I want you to try. I'm sure you can make them entertaining..." I paused, thinking about a way to encouraage the quirky Furret into using moves which shared his Normal Typing. "Pretend to be a Jigglypuff! Although you can't sing, you still have a Hyper Voice. If it'd make you feel better, I'll yell with you!"

Furret grinned and motioned with fuzzy paws that he would like that very much.

"Like the audiance, we'll hope she's stunned from your attack. Take that brief pause to leap out into the audiance - like a mosh pit with Quick Attack!"

Eli was now giggling, rolling around like a bloated Spheal.

"Hey, hey. Come on now," I said. "Let's do this!"

The Furret opened his mouth like a preditorial Arbok, ready to strike. This was the same pose he used when hunting Rattata in the grassy plains on the ranch. He looked back at me from over a magenta shoulder, waiting for something...

"..Right." I rolled my eyes and used my hands to form a cup around my mouth. With a large intake of air, I began to yell, "FURRET! FURRET! FURRET!" I hoped my ludicris calling might distract the Mismagius just long enough for the attacks to hit.

My partner laughed and turned to perform his own move in conjunction to mine.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: Very creative =)

IC:

I winced, clapping my hands to my ears as the singing started. It wasn't that Seq was that bad, not that he was that good, it was more Eli's high pitched screeching. "Lovely," I mumbled. Just when I was about to pull out Abby, my Absol, to end the annoying pain in my ear when it stopped. Mismagius had risen from the ground, her eyes narrowed in pain and anger. With a cold laugh she swooped down at Furret, stopped just before him. Her eyes glowed a bright green, pupils little more than slits as she stared down the Furret. Then, with another cackle, she broke contact with his eyes, spitting on Eli. She then let out a screech, wincing in pain. Eli reacted the same way, howling as he curled up into a tight red ball of fur.

Pain Split. It also seemed that she had not only used that attack, but combo-ed it with Mean Look. Eli seemed transfixed on the Mismagius now. Slowly standing, he glared at her before dashing at her, jumping off of his hind paws to smack her in the face. A moment happened then. It seemed as if his paws both went into her, while at the same time only touching her skin. Then Eli dropped to the ground as the ghost let out another snarl, black liquid now on her face from the Quick Attack.

Interesting, I thought. Now what will that Seq do? Mismagius was not as injured as she could be and Furret cannot be switched out now, except for perhaps a Baton Pass move. Maybe something else, but it'll be difficult.
---

Pokemon: Mismagius 49.6% Special Def. lowered. Can be hit by Normal/Fighting moves now
Attack used: Pain Split, Mean Look

vs.

Pokemon: Furret. 57.6%--No crit. hits for three turns thereabouts. SP. DEF slightly raised. Can not be switched out (Mean Look)

Area effects:

Total Money: $18,500.--let me know if this changes

Pokemon;

Pokemon captured:

Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Sequentio Offline

OOC; Thank you. ;D
I'm also up to 18,000.

I winced as I smacked my hand to my face. I had studied ghosts before. Although not specifically a Mismagius, I should have remembered the move Pain Split. It had always been a constant pain to attackers. Either way, we had to finish this battle and finsh it quickly. I turned to Eli, calling him over.

The magenta weasel trotted over on four short legs.

"Hey now," I said, lifting him into my arms. "I hope this will work the way I'm planning." My fingers ran over his soft fur as I whispered a plan into his ear. "Shadow Ball should do some massive damage. Since I know it's your favorite move, I want you to try one more time to produce a good one. But please, be wary of Mismagius' health. She might faint... and after all this, I don't want it to be a waste! Besides, I think she'd fit right in with our ecclectic family. What do you think?"

Eli nodded frantically. Mismagius would make an excellent friend for Rebecca and Franziska, his newly aquired Wormadam.

"I'll help you this time, too. I'm going to throw you in the air and that's when I want you to use your body to its fullest. You understand, right? You'll be manuevering in the air, so twist around to avoid any attack that ghost might make. At the peak of the throw, launch a Shadow Ball. I'll be waiting to catch you."

His ears twitched, excited to be able to experience some sort of flight.

I hoisted the light Pokemon onto my shoulder, readily gripping his slim sides.

"Furret!"

At the call of his name, I threw him up into the air, lithe body twisting. As he rose higher and higher, I quickly reached for a Park Ball. I fingered it lightly in anticipation of my first "official catch". If all went according to plan, the Shadow Ball would hit and leave Mismagius just enough energy to stand. I'd throw the Park Ball at the odd colored fiend and catch Eli as he descended. I winced, hoping nothing would go awry.

Last edited by Sequentio; 09-25-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Bad Spelling. D:
Old 09-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: I like creativity!

IC:

Mismagius snarled as Furret flew into the air, his body gracefully uncurling. Opening his mouth, he let out a cry and released a large blob of black energy. It flew through the air at Mismagius. Instead of running, the witch released her own Shadow Ball. Together, the two balls met, resulting in a small explosion. Mismagius had moved to slow, allowing the ball to get close enough to her that part of the explosion hit her, sending her flying into the ground. Still, it had not caused as much as damage as if she'd let the attack hit her head-on.

Recovering, she flew up and then opened her mouth. A beam of multi-colored light shot out of it, twirling around and around...I found myself getting caught up in watching the Phybeam that I would have kept watching had a woof not caught my attention.

Glancing to my side, I saw a dog had appeared. Not a Pokemon, but a dog. Standing up to my thigh, it was muscled with short black fur and keen blue eyes. Walking up to me, it softly licked my hand. Reaching down, I gently petted his--I decided it was a male--head. He whined slightly, pawing me. I noticed he was skinny, his fur dirty and a little tattered. Pulling out a roll I had saved from breakfast, I unwrapped it and gave it to him.

A yelp brought me back to the battle. The Psybeam had struck Eli, making him yowl, not in pain, but in discomfort. He swayed for a minute and I was afraid he was confused, but no, he was alright. Making yittering noises, he shook his nose at the Ghost Pokemon.

--

Pokemon: Mismagius 25.6% Special Def. lowered. Can be hit by Normal/Fighting moves now
Attack used: Pain Split, Mean Look

vs.

Pokemon: Furret. 46%--No crit. hits for three turns thereabouts. SP. DEF slightly raised. Can not be switched out (Mean Look)

Area effects:

Total Money: $18,000.--let me know if this changes

Pokemon;

Pokemon captured:
Old 09-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Sequentio Offline

OOC; I thought the insert I added would be hilarious.

Eli was pushed back by the explosion of the intertwining Shadow Balls. His small frame gracefully drifted through the air during the decent. Luckily, I was paying enough attention to move from my spot near Ranger Amonea to dive and catch my furry friend. I leaped, landing on my knees and elbows. The rough dirt path scratched the bare skin. Although it was beginning to sting, I wouldn't have moved in lieu of missing the Furret. As he fell, the stable ground beneath me supported my catch. A rough pink tongue gently licked my cheek with admirable thanks. I let him down to continue his battle while I stood to asses my own damage;

Person: Sequentio - 90%. Scratched.
Ability: Able to make things up on a whim.
Nature: Eccentric.
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Furret Call, Chicken Dance, Dive and Catch & Sarcasm.

Eli was looking around for the fallen Mismagius as she opened her mouth. A circular beam went flying in his direction, knocking him over with a howl. He had been hit with a Psybeam. Thank goodness it didn't rattle him too much.

"Alright boy. I want this to be done soon! All I want is a simple Thunderbolt to shock her back into reality. Got it?"

He nodded, eyes narrowed at the foe. He wanted to show he could effectively use all the attacks that I had given him. He leapt under Mismagius' floating form and raised his head. A bright light began to form within his mouth. As it opened, a ball of energy appeared rattling with excited volts. It was released, launched at the ghost's underside.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Dragoness Offline

Default Re: Individual RP: Sequentio

OOC: Nice post, lol. Not sure if that's realistic in the middle of the RP, but it doesn't matter 'cause its funny. BTW, good job on describing Thunderbolt--you started off describing the attack nicely, but stopped before it actually hit Mismagius.

IC:

Gently petting my new friend--I had decided to name him Jasper--I watched as Eli began another attack. I had to give it to Eli and Seq, they really seemed to work well together as a team. Thinking of them, I touched the my belt, feeling the Pokeballs tucked snugly into its latches.

Meanwhile, Eli had begun his attack. A vivid yellow orb appeared in his mouth. It grew to about a three foot long thunderbolt, almost blinding me with its white-yellow light. Puling back his head, Eli released the Thunderbolt. It flew through the air, striking Mismagius in the back. She had seen the oncoming attack and though she had chosen to try and run away, she was unable to match the bolt for speed. Her body seemed to glow bright white for a moment, her ghostly features scarily illuminated. Then she, just as quick, she was her normal pink-violet Ghost self.

She was also out for blood.

With a bellow that sent a shiver down my spine, she charged down on the Furret, slamming into him and pressing her wide mouth against his forehead. Eli seemed to shake slightly, his hair lit up a ghostly yellow, like a faint copy of the Thunderbolt. Then Mismagius pulled away, sweeping upwards with a cackle. She wasn't quite done yet. Opening her mouth again, I winced, expecting another cold laugh or a screech.

But it never came. Instead, a sweet song filled the air, the voice a females. It was cool, low and soft toned, gently rolling over everyone. Eli seemed captivated by the beautiful voice as it went on. The words in the song seemed strangely distant, clear sounding yet I couldn't make out a word of what the song was. Finally it stopped. Mismagius had an evil glint in her eye as she stared down at Eli.

---
Pokemon: Mismagius 5.6% Special Def. lowered. Can be hit by Normal/Fighting moves now--Perish Song, 3rd turn
Attack used: Payback, Perish Song

vs.

Pokemon: Furret. 31%--No crit. hits for three turns thereabouts. SP. DEF slightly raised. Can not be switched out (Mean Look) Parish Song, 3rd turn

Area effects:

Pokemon;

Pokemon captured:
Old 09-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Sequentio Offline

OOC; Wasn't meant to be too realistic. Just a bit of humor because nothing is ever worth reading without it. ;D

The bright flash of Eli's Thunderbolt blinded me. I quickly bent down to grab my fallen jacket and used it to shield my sensitive eyes. As the fabric deflected most of the light, I glanced over to Amonea, who seemed to be squinting. She was standing next to some sort of dog. "Hey," I said, gesturing to the black hound. "When did that get here?"

The Furret whipped around to admire his handywork after the impressive Thunderbolt. However, in a bout of victory, the ghost rushed at the prideful weasel with lightning speed. It knocked him over, using her mouth in a nasty Payback. As Eli stood for another face-off, the Mismagius floated somberly in the air before releasing a beautiful sound.

"It's majestic." The tone swirled through the air like a siren on a boat. Although the words were unrecognizable, I appreciated the melody for what it had to offer.

"Furret!" Eli cried. He was a bit worse for wear. This was a good oppertunity for him to recover.

"Take a Rest, friend. Sleep for a while."

He lowered himself down to the grown, eyelids drooping heavily. He yawned before setting his head on his front paws.

I hoped he would fall asleep without any interruptions. Eli deserved the Rest. It was during this time that I hoped to be able and catch Mismagius.

Last edited by Sequentio; 09-28-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:39 AM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: 'k, got some good and bad news for ya. You almost got Mismagius this post and you could still get her in future posts, but you made an oversight. Don't feel bad, I almost made the same mistake--I had started to write this post when I noticed it. Please read what I put in [bold] about Eli's status. B/c of this, I am ignoring everything after Eli's rest.

IC:
--

"He came up in the middle of the battle. Looks like a stray, though he's surprising well fed." As I said this, a nasty thought came into my head. Lately we've noticed a decline on the population of Mareep and Rattatas, as very few trainer's were bothering to catch them. Could Jasper be...? No, they were too tough for a dog to take 'em and even if Jasper did find a tasty snack, he was only feeding himself and besides, those two breeds of Pokemon would starve themselves from overpopulation anyway.

Gently patting Jasper's dusty coat, I watched the battle unfold. Seq had ordered Eli to take a rest, allowing the Furret to relax, closing his eyes as a light green mist appeared around him. I nodded approval--resting in the middle of a battle wasn't always the best idea, but Mismagius was down for the count. Little damage could be done during Eli's rest. Or so I thought...

Mismagius was a rather tough Pokemon. Yowling a battle cry, she swept down, flying over my head and then over Seq's. Snarling, growing and screaming the Ghost type was not to be messed with. Granted her flying was slower than it should be, but she was still hatefully mad, which seemed to give her some sort of extra energy. Stopping over Eli, she opened her mouth. A sparkling light slowly drifted out of it, gathering speed as it fell on the Furret. As it sped through the air, the sparkles grew brighter, becoming hard like rocks. They struck Eli's soft fur, disturbing him from his rest. With a yip, he scrambled up before too many of the stones hit him. As he did so, I noticed one the gemstones went flying at Seq.

"Watch it!" I yelled.

--
Pokemon: Mismagius 5.6% Special Def. lowered. Can be hit by Normal/Fighting moves now--Perish Song, 2nd turn
Attack used: Payback, Perish Song

vs.

Pokemon: Furret. 35%--No crit. hits for one turn thereabouts. SP. DEF slightly raised. Can not be switched out (Mean Look) Parish Song, 2nd turn

Area effects:

Pokemon;

Pokemon: Furret. 61%

Pokemon captured:

Last edited by Dragoness; 09-28-2009 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Typo