Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Tobacco Question

I was at a party on saturday and i had a dip of snuff in and smoking a ciggarete at the same time. In about a half hour, i started puking my guts out. I have no idea why either. Was it the mixture of the tobbaccos or something? Also, i popped 2 oxys before i smoked a cigg and put a dip in.

So anyone care to tell me why i puked?
Old 09-17-2009, 02:45 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar
Default Re: Tobacco Question

You can't hold your own.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:46 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
i had a dip of snuff in and smoking a ciggarete at the same time. In about a half hour, i started puking my guts out. I have no idea why either. Was it the mixture of the tobbaccos or something?
You were swallowing your spit that accumulated with the snuff, weren't you.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:47 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Quote:
I was at a party on saturday and i had a dip of snuff in and smoking a ciggarete at the same time. In about a half hour, i started puking my guts out. I have no idea why either. Was it the mixture of the tobbaccos or something? Also, i popped 2 oxys before i smoked a cigg and put a dip in.

First, taking any sort of prescription drug is dangerous unless you have a specific illness. (/end disclaimer).

Secondly, Oxycodone, the main ingredient in Oxycontin, is a drug used for cancer patients, arthritis and nerve damage. Because it's used for such intense medical problems, it has many strong side effects. One being an upset stomach.

Quote:
Medications. Drugs are the most common cause of vomiting, especially during the first days of use. Drugs can induce vomiting by stimulation of the area postrema or by direct stimulation of peripheral nerve pathways. Medications that commonly cause vomiting include cancer drugs and pain relievers (especially opioids).
Seeing as Oxycodone is both a pain reliever and a cancer drug, I'd say vomiting is not uncommon.
When mixing it with any sort of nicotine, it can cause violent spasms of the lungs, diaphram and severe stomach cramps.

So in conclusion - doing all of the aforementioned and not expecting some sort of side effect is ridiculous.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:49 AM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude

Quote:

Smokeing is bad for you, like I tell all my friends at school, I lost my aunt to lung cancer and man does it ever hurt to see her slowly die. Even weed puts tiny pin hole dots on your brain. My brother is a dealer so I should know.

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:50 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

a) you did drugs. Vomit tends to be a side effect. That aside...

There's a fancy term for it, but it's basically drug synergy. Different kinds of drugs will very often amplify each others effects to even more dangerous levels than normal. As Seq said, Oxycodone has the capacity to cause stomach issues, so add in pure tobacco and it's to be expected.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReclusiveDemon View Post
You were swallowing your spit that accumulated with the snuff, weren't you.
ew no, that would be gross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamedude View Post
Smokeing is bad for you, like I tell all my friends at school, I lost my aunt to lung cancer and man does it ever hurt to see her slowly die. Even weed puts tiny pin hole dots on your brain. My brother is a dealer so I should know.
ahh i really dont care. Ive lost my pap, aunt, and gram to lung cancer. I enjoy smoking so ill continue doing it
Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
ahh i really dont care. Ive lost my pap, aunt, and gram to lung cancer. I enjoy smoking so ill continue doing it
Isn't that ironic in a certain way that you lost your family to the very thing that you enjoy? Just something to reflect upon about, I guess. I would suggest psychiatric help, though.

I do have to warn you that off label use of drugs will cause severe side effects that can be unpleasant. That happens with most types of drugs. The fact of the matter is that you don't know the side effects of drugs are unless you have been properly taught such a thing with a health care professional.

Unfortunately, access to prescription drugs without prescription is illegal, thus discussion of illegal drugs are also locked here.
Closed Thread