Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 09-14-2009, 05:31 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Individual RP: Redino987

Here we go.

Ranger: Hyacinth "Hiccup" Uppershire

A boy was pacing back and forth in the hall, waiting for something, restlessly. He's wearing a pair of worn-out baggy torque pants, reaching down to his feet, and a slort-sleeved olive shirt with the collar unbuttoned. He looks like he's waiting for something, or someone, and quite impatiently too.

"Hyacinth, are you here?" a voice called him from a door. It opens, and a beautiful woman comes through, her long blonde hair hanging down and somehow not hampering her movements. "Oh, so you're here."

"Uh... Hello boss," he replied, a mix of nervousness and excitement in he voice.

"No need to be so formal. Here," she said as she handed him a plastic ID card. "With this, you're enabled to do field work and explore the Park with other trainers and..." she started talking, but noticed the shiny look in his eyes and stops, a smirk appearing on her face. "We have a trainer waiting already. He should be docking right now, it won't be much before he arrives here. Care to show him around?"

Christmas had come early for Hyacinth. "I... really can?"

"Sure. This will be your first job as Field Ranger, so do your best and don't let us down," she added with a friendly smile.

"Yessir!" he said, as he left the hallway and headed for the exit.

"Weird kid..."

He strode through the corridors in a rush, barely acknowledging the other rangers there, which were surprised at first, but all had a knowing smile after they knew why he was in such a rush.

Becoming a ranger- a real ranger- had been his dream ever since he stumbled by chance into the Head Ranger a couple of years prior. He basically started stalking her after that, much unlike his personality, and pestered her for a chance to prove himself.

In the end, she gave in, even though he was only fourteen years old- she was pretty unsure about it as well, but he looked enthusiast.

So, after a lot of training, now he was finally arrived where he wanted. You can bet he was excited about it.

After one set too many of doors- he almost slammed right into the entrance's sliding doors in his haste- he was finally outside. The salty smell that the breeze brought washed over his nostrils, filling him with that ocean aroma that he didn't mind- but wasn't exactly a fan ofŕ

Spotting a bench outside, he sat there, mumbling about his first real job as a Park Ranger. Would he do good? Would he screw up? Only time would tell...

Name: Redino Xenerous

Entrance Fee: 3,000
Total Money: 3,000
Total Cost: 3,000
Change: 0
Style: Doesnt matter to me

Total Items: 10 hyper balls, 10 Max Potions

'Mons

~Absol(M) (brave)
Super Luck
TMs/HMs/BMs/SMs/MTs: TM Stone Edge, TM Shadow Claw, TM X-Scissor, TM Iron Tail, TM Rock Tomb, TM Aerial Ace, TM Giga Impact, TM Protect, TM Fire Blast, TM Flamethrower, TM Hail, TM Ice Beam, TM Blizzard, TM Substitiute, TM Thunderbolt, TM Calm Mind, TM Will-O-Wisp, TM Thunder, TM Dream Eater, TM Sleep Talk, TM Dark Pulse, MT Superpower, MT Icy Wind

~Ninjask(M) (calm)
Speed Boost
TMs/HMs/BMs/SMs/MTs: TM Protect, TM Roost

OoC: yea, didn't much yet, sorry ^^ let's get this started now, shall we?

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.

Last edited by DarkGardevoir; 09-14-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Redino987 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Redino987
Default Re: Individual RP: Redino987

Redino stepped off of the boat that had brough him to this mysterious Pokemon paradise and looked around.

He felt the stares of the other people on the boat as he strode toward the large facility in front of him, his cape billowing out behind him due to the crisp ocean breeze. His outfit is what many would call less than normal, being almost completely black except for his namesake red "X" across the chest and top of the head, and a mask which gave the appearance of a skull, he seemed more like an out of place Team Rocket member than a normal trainer.

Still, he enjoyed the feeling of fear that many people took while watching him walk by. It was a power that none could take away from him.

Just to get a little bit of humor for himself he took a Pokeball from a pocket on his belt and threw it in the air. The wind changed direction a little and blew the ball a few feet to his side, where it popped open and released his partner in crime, an Absol.

" 'Sol", it muttered before picking up its own Pokeball in its mouth and loping over to its trainer.

With Absol by his side, Redino walked over to a yound man he saw sitting on a bench outside the building.

Purposely making his voice as deep and gravely as possible, Redino tapped him on the shoulder and asked "Is that building where I go to get a tour around the park?"

OOC:Picture for clarification.

Last edited by Redino987; 09-15-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:09 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: sorry for the extreme lateness :x been sidetracked. A lot.

Hyacinth sat there, absentmindedly fidgeting with a pokeball in his hand as he wondered what kind of person Redino could be. He hoped he would be easy to handle- he knew that some trainers tended to hot-headed simpletons that hit danger head-on, hoping to get away by sheer luck or Pokemon skills. Sure, an adventorous spirit is needed when facing such a challenge as a journey with Pokemon, but the line between eager and foolish is very thin, and trainers usually tip-tap over it.

Someone tapped over his shoulder, asking in a deep voice directions.

"Yes, that's the..." he said as he turned. "Waah!" He fell down on the ground, losing himself for a moment after the "scary vision" of a man-in-black and his Absol. The Pokeball he was holding fell from his hands... and opened.

Towering the puny black-dressed human, a giant of fire stood between the trainer and his master, shielding him from harm. The red and yellow golem shifted into a protective stance, his yellow arms shifting slowly into cannon-like appendages, the flaming shoulders flaring up as he charged up heat and stored it for a possible use, a death glare was sent to the human. "Mortar..." he growled.

The Absol, however, didn't stand idle, his stance stiffening and ready to step in...

"T-that's enough, Firada," Hyacinth said as he regained composure. The Magmortar relaxed as the air around him cooled off. He then proceeded to step aside, giving his trainer free way. "Sorry for that. My Magmortar gets very protective of me..." Hyacinth took a deep breath. "Are you Redino, by any chance? They didn't tell me you were so..." Weird? Psycho? Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant? "so original. I-I take you're here to take a trip in the Park. I've been assigned to your case- I'll be accompanying you inside here. I'm Hyacinth." He held out his hand, waiting for the trainer to shake it and formally introduce himself. "You... You have to fill in a form first. Please follow me," he said as he led the way inside the Outpost.

Shortly after they entered, Hyacinth went straight for a desk- an acceptance desk- and as there was nobody at the moment, he quickly debated whether he should, then quickly sat down and rummaged for an entry form to hand to Redino.

After the trainer quickly filled it, Hyacinth took it and attached it to some kind of bullettin board, after signing it. "There, we're ready to go."

They went back outside, and Hyacinth called back Firada out. "I'm going to Teleport us to Meteor Valley, if that's okay with you. It's quicker, and besides, I can't drive yet. It would be better if you recalled Absol for the time being, as he may interfere with the travel... Dark types are resistant to psy-force." He waited for Redino to do as said. "There, ready?"

The fire golem put his giant hands on the two human, on one more than the other, and they quickly set off.

Meteor Valley is a strange place. The center of the island, the place holds a lot of interest to psychic types and similiar. It's actually under the sea level, in a conch, and flanked by the two mountains, so it's no wonder that there's a complex cave system that houses mainly Ghost Pokemon. Researchs have been done to find out just why those Pokemon like this place, but so far no real thesis has been formulated.

The flaming salamander Pokemon appeared, taking right beside himself a boy. The other one, however, wasn't in sight.

"Firada!" Hyacinth ejaculated indignated. "Where have you left him?" His Pokemon, however, simply took an innocent facade.

"I'm here..." Redino replied. Hyacinth turned to where the voice came, and saw a rustling in a tree.

"I'm sorry for that..." Hyacinth apologized as Redino got off. "I told you, he's very protective of me." He then recalled the Magmortar. "At least we're here. Where you want to go?"

OoC: surprised Magmortar learns Teleport? You shouldn't. All kind of pokemon learned that tm bac in RBY :x

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Redino987 Offline
Master Trainer

Redino got down from the tree and walked back over to Hyacinth.

"I'm sorry for that..." Hyacinth apologized as Redino was getting down. "I told you, he's very protective of me." He then recalled the Magmortar. "At least we're here. Where you want to go?"

Redino, put a hand on his stomach and rubbed it a little, his voice was a little shaky, "I just need a minute, if we can wait a little, that would be prefferable. I never did enjoy Teleporting".

He thought he saw Hyacinth smirk a little, but he wasnt sure. Redino brought out Absol again, who stood in quiet vigilance by his trainer.

Redino stood up straight and cracked his back by putting both his hands behind his back and pulling his arms upwards. He reached over to his chin and began to remove his mask, then stopped, with the mask halfway up his neck.

"Hyacinth, I wear the mask for a reason, when I take it off, you may or may not recognize me as who I am, but either way, I would ask that you please not say anything"

He continued to remove his mask, then placed it in one of the many gray colored pockets on his belt. His face was young, but with wrinkles at the corners of his eyes, similar to ones that you would get from smiling or squinting often. His hair was moderately long and brown colored, his eyes were also brown. He had light stubble all around his face and he sported a patch of hair which covered from his lower lip to the bottom of his chin, roughly in the shape of a triangle.

Redino smiled and extended his hand out to Hyacinth, "I make look scary, but I dont bite. I'm Redino and its a pleasure to meet you" Absol chuckled quietly. "Now, how about we go find some Pokemon?"

OoC: you aren't really supposed to recognize me, I dont even know who I'm gonna make myself be yet.

of course, you can if you want and i can just go with it
Old 09-19-2009, 08:01 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

The boy scracthed his head. Not supposed to recognise him? If he never met Redino before...

Weird guy.

He took a good look at Redino's face, just so he'd recognise him in case he'd come back in the future, before the man said with a soft chuckle, after calling back out his Absol. "I may look scary, but I don't bite. Now how about we go and get some Pokemon?"

"Sure thing, sir," Hyacinth replied. "Let's see..." He took a quick glance at his surrounding, as he wasn't sure where he was. That was the problem with using Teleport: you never knew where you'd land, especially if you're bringing someone with you. The more mass you have to move, the less easy it is to actually pinpoint the exact location you'll land.

There were scarce trees in the area, and the ground was mostly covered by tall grass- knee-high tall. Some patches rustled with some kind of unseen activity, but it was as likely to just be cause of the wind blowing. Far in the south, the ground got higher, making for a perfect spot to control the area, and as there were a lot of caves in the valley, chances were that some Pokemon would be residing there.

A soft chuckle attracked both humans' attention. It came from the very same tree Redino jumped off from.

Dangling itself from a branch, a maroon and gold foxy-shaped Pokemon stood, watching amused the scene. Its arms were holding the branch as the tail hung twitching. It then threw itself, pirouetted and landed on the ground, a huge grin on the face. It briefly looked at Absol, and its triangular ears twitched ever-so-slightly - excitement, maybe?

It seemed a very healthy specimen of an Abra- the maroon chestplate was very shiny, and the shoulder pieces looked sturdy, despite the, well, overrall frailness of such a Pokemon.

"Well, aren't we lucky," Hyacinth commented. "Aren't these Pokemon supposed to be very wary? I suppose there always is an exception to the rule. This guy has taken the first step, though."

Encounter#1
Abra (unknown gender / trait / nature)

Trainer stats

'Mons

~Absol(M) (brave)
Super Luck
TMs/HMs/BMs/SMs/MTs: TM Stone Edge, TM Shadow Claw, TM X-Scissor, TM Iron Tail, TM Rock Tomb, TM Aerial Ace, TM Giga Impact, TM Protect, TM Fire Blast, TM Flamethrower, TM Hail, TM Ice Beam, TM Blizzard, TM Substitiute, TM Thunderbolt, TM Calm Mind, TM Will-O-Wisp, TM Thunder, TM Dream Eater, TM Sleep Talk, TM Dark Pulse, MT Superpower, MT Icy Wind

~Ninjask(M) (calm)
Speed Boost

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 09-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Redino987 Offline
Master Trainer

Redino smiled, excited for the battle that was about to happen

"First step my ass, but I like its style" Redino said to no one in particular.

"Absol, " Redino began, and Absol crouched in a ready position to carry out whatever orders came from its master.

"I want you to use a pair of Night Slashes. Try to knowck it backwards into the tree and then chop off the branch it was hanging from. Pin it down" Redino delivered his orders in a gruff voice, articulating with his hands exactly what he wanted, Absol was quick to begin its responce, by zig zagging towards the Abra. The horn on Absol's head began to glow a pitch black that seemed to suck out the light from all around. Redino took a step back and smiled even wider, waiting to see the results.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:11 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Redino, excited to have met an Abra, quickly ordered his Absol to charge at the tree and hit Abra with a Night Slash, only to follow up but cutting away the branch of the tree... What for, it's not for us to know.

Absol didn't take much to obey, and charged a straight path to the humanshape Pokemon, the horn-like appendage shining with unreleased energy.

As for the Abra... It just stood there, grinning, while the four-legged Pokemon started swinging the blade at it...

And then, it disappeared. Just like that, after nothing more than a brief snapping of its fingers. The disaster Pokemon was taken by surprise and, unable to stop in time, BAM! Hit the tree head on. Ay, chiuauaua!

The saffron Pokemon reappeared... right on top of Redino's head, and clapped its hands at the clumsy ending of that first attack. Then, using the boy as leverage, it leapt back on the ground, gesturing as if to invite its opponent to join back.

Encounter#1
Abra 100% (unknown gender / trait / nature)

Trainer stats

'Mons

~Absol(M)(brave) 96%
Super Luck

~Ninjask(M) (calm)
Speed Boost

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 09-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Redino987 Offline
Master Trainer

Redino was taken aback at first, but then just threw his head back and laughed. Absol stood up and shook his head, clearing it after a self inflicted blow.

"I'm going to get along quite well with this little guy, he's got style." Redino said smiling over his shoulder to Hyacinth, then he began to call orders out at Absol again.

"I want you to get this little guy in your teeth Absol. Dont stop until you took a Bite out of the guy, and dont run into any more trees either."

Absol, this should be cake for you, just because he is moving doesnt mean you cant grab him. Redino thought inwardly to himself, waiting for Absol to make a move.

OoC: forgive my short battle posts, but thats just how i do them, I need to know the other Pokemon's responce so i can string together combos, but you have control of the Abra, so its hard
Old 09-20-2009, 09:49 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: my hands are tied, Abra can only Teleport around, so that's all its gonna do. And I'm not holding it agaisnt you, I know it's hard. However, if you want to have some chances at hitting this thing, you should put a little more effort in describing Absol's actions ^^

Also, I forgot, but you can choose Abra's gender... just you know, telling you.

The boy just shrugged off the sudden "attack" from Abra and laughed at it. That guy's got some guts.

"This Pokemon is very strange... but amusing," Hyacinth agreed. "I'm sorry for your Absol, but that was a good move, don't you think so, Firada?"

The Magmortar let out a heartily laugh from his ducky mouth as he watched bemused the battle.

Redino then ordered Absol to try and Bite his opponent, avoiding any tree to boot. The white-furred Pokemon complied, and charged the Psychic Pokemon, mouth agape to get a good chunk of that fleshy Abra.

Yet, again, the Abra snapped its fingers and changed place, leaving Absol to bite the dust.

Puns aside, Absol quickly scouted around to pinpoint its location, briefly givena way by a foggy shape appearing. However, there was none around, and this had Absol confused, untill...

"Wee!" the Abra said as it gripped Absol's neck from above and rode him like a Ponyta- without the severe burn risk, though.

"Well, that's funny," Hyacinth couldn't hold back saying. Honestly, Absol bucking to try and shook it off really was quite a sight.

Encounter#1
Abra 100% (unknown gender / trait / nature) [currently riding Absol]

Trainer stats

'Mons

~Absol(M)(brave) 96%
Super Luck

~Ninjask(M) (calm)
Speed Boost

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 09-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Redino987 Offline
Master Trainer

Redino continued to smile at the whimsical Abra as it made a fool of Absol.

"Absol, stop taking his ****! I want you to stop short and fling it forward. Now!"

Absol was quick to respond. With an angry " 'Sol! " the disaster pokemon stopped jumping around and flung the small fox pokemon off of its back, sending it catapulting forward.

"Good Absol!" Redino shouted sternly, his face becoming suddenly stern. "Now, move your ass and Bite that little sucker and hang on with your claws too. When you have it in your mouth, I want an Ice Beam. GO!!"

Absol, unperterbed by his masters sudden change in attitude, charged forward as the Abra flipped around in the air like a ragdoll, then lept towards it, leaving a small cloud of dirt where its paws were. Absol had its mouth open with teeth shining, claws extended, gleaming scarily in the daylight, and a small ball of aqua blue energy was building up in his mouth. A twinkle in Absol's eyes made the attack seem even more deadly.

OoC: I'm working on the descriptive part, it doesnt come natural for me, but it should get progressively better, I hope.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:53 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: I guess you don't really want to get it, huh? *shrugs* Fine with me.

There. Only popcorn was needed to the show, and the craziest rodeo ever would've been perfect.

Abra looked like he was enjoying himself a great deal, what with the bucking Absol made and whatnot. "Absol, stop taking his ****! I want you to stop short and fling it forward. Now!"

The Pokemon complied, and Abra was sent flying by the sudden stop and strong bucking, and before he had a chance to came back to his senses, Redino followed up with another order. "Now, move your ass and Bite that little sucker and hang on with your claws too. When you have it in your mouth, I want an Ice Beam. GO!!"

Absol quickly pounced at its opponent, before Abra could Teleport away, and mouth agape, sank his sharp teeth in the tender flesh of the wild Pokemon.

Abra writhed in pain, held still by the strong, firm lock of Absol's Bite, the fangs sinking deeper and deeped in his flesh, until the Psychic Pokemon could take no more and fainted, just like that.

"That wasn't nice of you," ranger Hyacinth scolded Redino, as Absol tossed the fainted Pokemon aside. "It wasn't Absol's fault if Abra kept running away, you shouldn't have taken it on him just like that. Now," he said going over to the little Pokemon. "He looks in bad shape now... Abra's physique is very frail, their body can't take much beating... and Absol are known for their physical prowness... you could've chosen better than that." He then applied the contents of an Healing Potion on the Pokemon's wounds, and he instantly came back to his senses, only to instantly Teleport away, somewhere else in the valley.

Encounter#1

Male Jolly Abra (Synchronize) - Fainted

Trainer stats

'Mons

~Absol(M)(brave) 96%
Super Luck

~Ninjask(M) (calm)
Speed Boost

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 09-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Redino987 Offline
Master Trainer

"Sorry Hyacinth" Redino said, scratching the back of his head with one hand. "Sometimes I get really worked up by these battles, I'll try to use Absol's strength accordingly next time"

He called Absol over and reached down to scrathch his fur. Absol seemed a little peeved at the fact that Redino enjoyed watching it struggle with the Abra, but he soon forgot it and began to purr.

"You think we should keep movin' ?" Redino asked as he continued to pet his partner
Old 09-21-2009, 06:05 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

"It's no big deal," Hyacinth shrugged it off. "It's just that I don't like seeing this kind of... bullying, if you understand what I mean. In a battle, you either have to adjust your strenght according to your opponent, or run away if you don't feel like battling. I don't like an exaggerate unfairness... though I must admit that Abra played it quite well, for the short time he was in the fray," he added with a chuckle.

"You think we should keep movin' ?" Redino asked as he continued to pet his partner Pokemon.

"I guess it's for the best- most Pokemon should be hidden in caves, as the species here tend to be nocturnal, or just like to sleep alot. There, you see?" the Ranger pointed a cave entrance in a straight line from them, after a rather big patch of very tall grass. "It's very likely that there's something there, even more than something. Who knows, you might be lucky. Shall we head there? You're the boss."

OoC: Again, try to be more creative. It's not only in battles that you see the quality of a RPer, but mainly on how they handle different kinds of situations- I'm not saying that you're doing it bad, but... I dunno, maybe I'm just expecting a tad more?

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:

Last edited by DarkGardevoir; 09-21-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Redino987 Offline
Master Trainer

"You think we should keep movin' ?" Redino asked as he continued to pet his partner Pokemon.

"I guess it's for the best- most Pokemon should be hidden in caves, as the species here tend to be nocturnal, or just like to sleep alot. There, you see?" the Ranger pointed a cave entrance in a straight line from them, after a rather big patch of very tall grass. "It's very likely that there's something there, even more than something. Who knows, you might be lucky. Shall we head there? You're the boss."

"Allright then" said Redino, standing up. Absol rolled over on the floor, getting dirt back into his white coat after Redino had spent the time petting him and getting the dirt out.

Redino strolled forward, taking long purposeful steps, moving with a grace that almost seemed peaceful. His movements flowed, everything about it seemed natural, but there was an element of confidence and strength behind it. Redino knew he could handle anything thrown at him, and it showed in the way he moved.

Absol followed behind Redino, using the same confident strides, but it didn't seem the same, Absol's steps didn't appear graceful. Every step the Pokemon took sent a small poof of dirt into the air, showing the strength in the Pokemon's legs, but destroying any attempt at graceful movement. His stride consisted of pure power, not technique.

As Redino moved around a tree, his cape fluttered a little, revealing the shape of a sword on his back and twin knives around his waist.

He turned back to Hyacinth to see if he was following, when the grass ahead rustled loudly.

OoC: I'm trying to do better description-wise also, I'm not sure if i can end like that, but i dont see why not
Old 09-23-2009, 01:28 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: lolol. Well, in truth, you're not doing bad. It's just I like to rant, take it easy.

Also, you are allowed to interact with any Pokemon, so long as you don't try to engage them in battle yourself.

Redino started moving, confidence emanating from his stride, as he agreed to go where his Ranger had pointed.

Suddenly, behind him, a patch of tall grass started moving as if something had just made its way inside it.

The boys turned that way, interested in what could be coming out of there, and their curiosity was soon quenched as a small, grey-furred pup leapt out of that.

The Poochyena inspected the air with his nose, as if looking for something, then, as it noticed the humans, it took a step back, taking a defensive stance.

However, when it noticed Absol, its stance shifted to a more battle-oriented one, and it growled a challenge to the Disaster Pokemon.

Encounter #2

Poochyena (Unknown Gender/ Ability / Nature)

Trainer Stats:

'Mons

~Absol(M)(brave) 96%
Super Luck

~Ninjask(M) (calm)
Speed Boost
TMs/HMs/BMs/SMs/MTs: TM Protect, TM Roost[/QUOTE]

Vocaboulary Game
Quote: