Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Main Pokémon RP

Main Pokémon RP This is where the Main RP takes place, as well as special things like Group RPs. Trainers going through the Main RP can meet if they go to the same area.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee
Default Re: URPG National Park Main RP

Ranger Charlie Bratton
Outpost #9, Outer Heaven

I sat on the magnificent steps of the otherwise mediocre cabin in the Ranger Outpost of Outer Heaven, wiggling my toes. It was a dreary way to be spending such a brilliant, beautiful day; I stared longingly out into the endless sky visible from the pillars hundreds of feet high in Outer Heaven. Flying Pokemon flitted in and out of view from the smooth, strong pillars which encircled them; I even spotted my lovely Flygon, Terra, weaving in and out of a scowling Salamence playfully. I frowned; didn't Terra know that most Salamence were easily provoked?

Bringing my fingers to my lips, I whistled; and felt a sort of smug appreciation as the sound echoed across the pillars towards Terra, ringing in her ears. She flicked her head up with sudden acknowledgement, and turned her body towards me and flew giddily - just fast enough to avoid a swinging claw of the furious Salamence.

Terra reached me, and I gave her a loving pat on the head; just as I felt my trusted Ranger walkie-talkie (well, it wasn't exclusively called that; but I thought it seemed fitting enough and pretty cute) shudder with an incoming message.

Removing it from my belt, I brushed my startingly blue fringe of hair out of my eyes - thankful it was in a ponytail in the playful wind up high in the sky - and pressed a button on the walkie-talkie to enable the other Ranger to speak.

"Charlie - hey. You're in luck! Seems like you won't just be sitting up there in Outer Heaven all alone afterall; a new trainer by the name of Brisbane Kreutzhart - yeah, I know, what a mouthfull! - has just come in requesting a Park trip up there. Feel like guiding him around?"

I grinned. "Sure thing. Send him up!"

I sat back down on the lonely step, feeling a sense of excitement wash over me. This would be my first guiding duty as a Ranger; so far, I had just been moping around and doing the dirty work of the more qualified individuals. Finally, I was getting a chance to shine!

Within seconds a gigantic Pidgeot ascended from what seemed like nothingness; carrying on her back a man who could have only been Brisbane. I gave him a wave, standing up swiftly as he began to dismount the Pidgeot. I waved to the bird as she gave me a nod and then swooped downwards gracefully beneath the magnificant pillars.

I turned to Brisbane. He had an odd green cape draped around his shoulders and underneith it black trousers and a white jacket. I wondered why he had the jacket on; it sure was sunny and hot up here! I smiled at him.

"Hiya! Welcome to Outer Heaven; the closest you'll ever get to Heaven - if you're an Atheist, of course," I joked, but then stopped and looked at my toes, afraid I may have said something offensive. "Um, I'm Charlie - yes, it's a girl's name too, y'know - and I'll be your Ranger for today!"

--------------------------------------

Trainer Stats:
Brisbane Kreutzhart
$750
1x Full Restore, 4x Max Potion, 5x Hyper Balls, 1x Type Repellent, 1x Ranger's Delight, 1x Supreme Park Ball

Area Effects:
[Outer Heaven]
Outpost #9: A small hut standing on a majestic pillar looking onward to endless sky.
Sunny with clear skies.
15 Encounters left.

Pokemon Stats:
Bashful Male Magmortar [Firada] [Flame Body] - 100%
Careful Female Jinx [Saudaje] [Forewarn] - 100%
Jolly Female Flygon [Lybel] [Levitate] - 100%

Wild Pokemon
Pokemon Encountered: N/A
Pokemon Captured: N/A

Last edited by Splishee; 01-11-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:56 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Trainer Brisbane
Outer Heaven

What a crazy ride. I've never been to the Park Island before, so I didn't know what to expect when the boat docked. I signed the papers at the Outpost #1, which from what I gathered was just some kind of welcome hall... but I digress.

I signed the paperwork needed to get here, although I just didn't know where to go. Every place was just as interesting as any other. In the end, though, I opted for the Outer Heaven. The lookout must've been wonderful.

And I wasn't disappointed.

A kind Ranger guided me to the entrance to the new area, but when I asked him where was my guide- as he made it quite clear he wasn't going to accompany me- he simply pointed up.

At first, I just thought today was a cloudy day, because suddenly we were under the shade, and...

I was left in awe. Pillars towered upon us, reaching up to the sky and hiding the sun from my eyes. I- I just had to get up there. I couldn't let this chance slip, it was just... too awesome. I couldn't have choosed any better for my first trip- I was lucky at the first Outpost!

Not to count I didn't mind heights. That would've seriously hampered my first trip there.

"So, how am I going to get up there?" I asked, barely restraining my excitement. I had already picked my Lybel's Pokeball when, in a majestic flurry of feathers, a tan and cream bird Pokemon descended in front of me, gracefully landing with its wings spread wide, as if to show off to me. I clapped my hands at the show- a conditioned reflex, if you will.

"This Pidgeot will take you there," the ranger replied, unphased. "If you need, it can accompany you when you're up there, provided you don't have any other mean of aerial transport."

"I don't think that'll be the case," I said to nobody in particular, as I petted the feathery golden mane of the gargantuan Pokemon. "Care to help me out?" I then asked to the Pidgeot, who beckoned me to mount on- by now, I was used to fly on my Flygon, so it wasn't that big a problem.

As I was ready, the flying Pokemon took flight with no second warning- it was really an unique feeling, the wind parting right before us, my cape swaying wildly, as the bird skillfully tamed the currents, shooting up in ample circles. As we started surpassing some lower platforms, the scenery unveiled in front of me, my mouth hanging agape.

Won-der-ful.

With a last circle, the Pidgeot started descending on a platform, where a girl was waiting for me- at least I supposed so.

I dismounted, and briefly wondered if Pidgeot liked getting scratched under the chin... To cut it short, I simply stroke its chin lightly. "Thanks for the ride," I said.

The ranger closed in on me. "Hiya!" she greeted. "Welcome to Outer Heaven, the closes you'll ever get to Heaven- if you're an Atheist, of course," she joked, then she looked down as if regretting saying that. "Um, I'm Charlie- yes, it's a girl'ms name too, y'know- and I'll be your Ranger for today!"

She almost squealed the last part. "Hello there, Charlie. Name's Brisbane, but since I know it's not gonna be easy to remember, feel free to call me Bibi or B, like almost everyone does. I know, sound's girly for a nickname, right?" I chuckled at my joke. "Guess we're a match made in Heaven then."

Taking another look at the majestic landscape, when I noticed a couple of Pokemon flying about. ":.. Are those a Salamence and a Flygon?" I asked with a hint of worry. The Flygon seemed to be enjoying itself, but I wasn't so sure about the Salamence...

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:43 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: Due to AUfan's inactivity, I'm going to withdraw him from here. Sorry if I post it here.

Ranger BiBi
Meteor Valley

Saundra called forth a Dragonite- Seagem, she's called. Nice. As the giant orange-ish dragon was summoned, she did a few random dance moves to show off in the last sparks from being summoned.

"Show off..." I muttered, not wanting to be heard by the giant Pokemon. Badmouthing things that can crush you and not even feel it is a very bad idea, after all.

Her trainer then started with some combo- first, Seagem had to fling Absol in the pond, then she would have to use Dragon Dance, and then thunderwave the poor sap.

As ordered, the water-dwelling dragon took flight, spiraling up before rocketing down to build momentum. Absol was ready, though, expecting an attack and raising his paw to strike at a moment's notice. In fact, he started running towards the incoming Pokemon, and leapt as he deemed it be close enough sending his paw onwards, trying to hack his way through the incoming attack...

Which never came. Seagem simply sidestepped- while flying- out of the way, near enough for the vacuum from her flight to affect the attacking Absol and only getting slightly grazed from her opponent's attack.

Absol, helpless as he was after the attack, fell in the water with a giant splash, drenching me and the Drowzee. "Hey! Watch what you're doing!" I complained as I got away from the battlefield, the little Psychic Pokemon in tow.

The Dark Pokemon snarled as he watched his opponent do a complicated dance, showing off her form, singing arcane cries- however, he didn't stand idly, either. With a deafening roar of his own, the water beside him seemed to take life, dancing around the Disaster Pokemon and enclosing him into a watery, clear shield.

Perfectly aware of what was going on, but not willing to back off from what she was doing, Seagem's antennae started weaving an electrical bolt, weak enough to not injure the Pokemon, but serving a purpose nonetheless. Crackling jolts of electricity flew out as she waited for the other Pokemon to make a move, but seeing how he wasn't going to make any, she figured it'd be no different if she just aimed at the water shield- his fault for encasing himself in it.

The paralyzing waves erratically flew towards her target, twirling in the air as they approached the sphere of water, and then struck.

For one long second, nothing seemed to happen... but then, the Electric attack just bounced off the coating and flew back to its original user, not before, however, having left some jolts to zap the Absol indirectly, much to his chagrin.

Nice diversion, I thought. He must've used Magic Coat or something similiar under the water shield, so as to not make his attack obvious. That was clever.

---
Encounter 12
Absol (??/??/??) 97.54% PAR [Shield of Water] [Reflecting Thunder Wave]
Vs

Seagem, Sassy Female Dragonite (Inner Focus) 95.43% attack&speed raised

Encounters left: 2

Area Effects: Getting a tad dim;

Trainer: Saundra Blake, aka Tyranitar_Trainer
Official Location: Meteor Valley
Change: 70,400
Total Items: Hyper Ball x9; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Scizor 49% {Not in combat}
Nickname: Ripper
Ability: Technician
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

Pokemon: Gengar {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Shade
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Impish
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Sludge Bomb ; TM Substitute ; TM Attract ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; TM Psychic ; TM Psych Up ; TM Rest ; TM Snore ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Hidden Power [Flying] ; TM Focus Punch ; TM Protect ; TM Taunt ; TM Embargo ; TM Counter ; TM Focus Blast ; TM Thunderbolt ; BM Haze

Pokemon: Dragonite {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Seagem
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Sassy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; TM Substitute ; TM Earthquake ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Roar ; TM Ice Punch

Pokemon: Froslass {in combat} 36%
Nickname: Jess
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick
~~~

Total Captured 'Mons: [Male] Mightyena, [Male] Mr. Mime,
[Male] Gastly

Pokemon we've run into: Mightyena x2, Mr. Mime, Deoxys, Chimecho, Baltoy, Poochyena x2, Wynaut x2, Gastly, Unown, Drowzee

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Ranger Charlie
Outer Heaven

Brisbane introduced himself as Bibi or B, but I had to say I much prefered the unique sound of his actual name. He returned the joke with another pun, and I had to stop myself from laughing too much out of relief.

Suddenly, he turned to face something off in the distance. "Are those a Salamence and a Flygon?" he said, staring with concerned eyes. I followed his gaze, and realised - to my utter annoyance - that Terra had stealthily returned to her "playmate" while I had been preoccupied with greeting the new Trainer.

I rolled my eyes. "She'll be fine. That Flygon is Terra - she's a bit too playful, you know? But she can hold her own against the likes of Salamence." I tried not to let doubt creep into my words, instead turning back to Brisbane with a grin.

"So! Have you had a good look around yet? You'll notice that this gorgeous view is just a series of connecting pillars - high above the ground, but completely safe and sturdy, I assure you! There aren't many places to go, really. There are bird Pokemon fluttering all over the place. There's a really lovely fountain 2 miles or so from here where some of them gather, and also a section about a mile West with gigantic trees sprouting from below; they make a kind of makeshift forest for the resting birdies."

I glanced back at Terra, a frown etched into my face. "Hang on a sec; before you decide where to head, I'll just call over my Flygon," I said brightly. Brisbane was looking around at the gorgeous view with a look of pure wonder on his face; the sky was spotless and full, the deep, rich blue colour extending across the sky in a beautiful, heavenly arc. It seemed as though reaching our fingers just the slightest above our heads would allow us to softly touch the endless abyss above us; despite coming here almost every week, it still never ceased to astound me.

Nonetheless, I whistled to Terra and she poked her head up once more, with a slightly guilty expression on her face. She slumped her body and flew over with an air of reluctance, leaving the Salamence behind her at peace. Before Terra reached us, however, the most peculiar thing happened.

It appeared another Pokemon had responded to my whistle; and zoomed past Brisbane and I eagerly and landed on the pillar before us. I peered at the enthusiastic, little Pokemon; it was tiny and a sandy colour of brown, with a small, pink beak and similar feet. Its wings fluttered energetically at its sides and I repressed a giggle.

"Looks like this Pidgey wants to play; or maybe it wants a battle? What do you think?" I observed, turning to Brisbane.

Trainer Stats:
Brisbane Kreutzhart
$750
1x Full Restore, 4x Max Potion, 5x Hyper Balls, 1x Type Repellent, 1x Ranger's Delight, 1x Supreme Park Ball

Area Effects:
[Outer Heaven]
Outpost #9: A small hut standing on a majestic pillar looking onward to endless sky.
Sunny with clear skies.
15 Encounters left.

Pokemon Stats:

Wild Pokemon
Pokemon Encountered: Pidgey

Last edited by Splishee; 01-11-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Saundra Blake
Meteor Valley

Heh, that Absol was a crafty little beast, I had to admit. I didn’t have time to admire Absol’s cunning, though, because Seagem’s Thunder Wave was flying right back towards her. I smiled a little, knowing just the tactic to not only protect Seagem, but to let her show off one of her most pretty moves. I quickly tacked two other moves on, both of which would let the Dragonite be her showy self.

“Seagem!” I called, watching the water shield Absol was still hidden within. “Perform your Safeguard move, then follow up with a tornado and a smash hit from a watery tail! Make sure you only use those other attacks after the Thunder Wave has been deflected!” More codes, which Seagem loved, since it only added to the mystery of what she was going to do, thus building suspense. If it was one thing Seagem adored, it was an audience who was literally holding its breath in anticipation of her next move.

The Dragonite gave a trill of acknowledgement, folding her wings across her face and waving her antenna. Draconic energy flowed through the slender appendages into Seagem’s wings, and after a second or two the Dragon whipped her wings out to either side. The energy within them stretched like taffy, creating a semi-transparent shield of sparkling green-white power. It caught the light from the moon, reflecting it and casting faint rainbows through the darkening sky. The Safeguard, while pretty, was more important in that it would scatter the Thunder Wave’s energy, dissipating it and rendering it harmless.

While I waited to see if the Safeguard was a success, Seagem twitched in impatience, wanting to get on with things. She knew exactly what I expected of her, having used this combo against water-bound foes in the past. Her “tornado” was actually a Twister, which Seagem would use to lift Absol out of the water with. While Absol was confused by becoming airborne and the water whirling around him, Seagem would execute an Aqua Tail, this being boosted in power from the water that would be surrounding Absol. With her increased attack power, it would be a hell of a strike if it landed and even if it was just a glancing blow. Not only that, I was hoping Absol would remain dizzy and disoriented from the Twister for a few turns after the combo had been complete.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 01-12-2010, 03:37 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Trainer Brisbane
Outer Heaven

Charlie signaled to her Flygon to come over with a whistle, attracting the attention of a small Pidgey who franctically flew towards her, only to sit on a perch, fluttering her wings franctically.

"Looks like this Pidgey wants to play," the ranger said. "Or maybe it wants to battle? What do you think?"

Well, I'd have introduced Lybel to her, but knowing her weakness for cute things that would've spelled doom for the bird Pokemon. I carefully approached her roosting place and lightly pet the bird's side. "Aren't you the cutest?" I said. "If possible," I then replied to Charlie's question, "I'd rather not fight this one, she seems so cute- I wouldn't want to hurt her."

The ranger's Flygon leaned over, near her master. "Oh? You have a Flygon too? How... delightfully coincidental!" I smiled- fate can be pretty interesting, at times.

I briefly wondered what did it have left for me, so after biding farewell to the wild Pokemon, I turned, looking for the closest platform, then I motioned towards my Ranger. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

OoC: sorry if it's not too long, but it's not easy to write much without advancing the plot ^^

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 01-13-2010, 06:01 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

OOC: Advance the plot all you like; I don't mind! (not too much though xD).

Ranger Charlie
Outer Heaven

"I'd rather not fight this one," Brisbane chuckled, walking over to the tiny bird and stroking it. The Pidgey closed its eyes and gave a lazy, pleased hoot, calming its nervous, fluttering wings. "She seems so cute - I wouldn't want to hurt her."

I agreed, looking at the Pidgey with fondness. Delicately, it shuffled its feet and rested its head underneith its wing; preparing to take a contented nap. Brisbane turned to notice my Flygon, and exclaimed, "Oh, you have a Flygon too? How... delightfully coincidental!"

I took this to mean that he also must have had a Flygon -- no one had told me what his Pokemon were, though I had a sneaking suspicion I was supposed to know. I nodded, smiling.

"So, B. Where are we off to next? A really great place is just over here; there's a whole patch of trees near the edge of these towers of pillars which shoot up high in the sky; which make it almost like a forest walking through there. How about we head through there and see where it takes us?"

He started to head off in the direction of the next pillar, and I walked alongside him; Terra fluttering to and fro between us playfully. The tiny sight of the Pidgey soon faded away as we walked across the smooth, white marble into apparent blue nothingness. Various Flying Pokemon swooped over us, gliding above our heads lazily and perching on the edges of pillars with respective families and mates. I watched them all with adoring eyes; hardly any Trainers ever came to Outer Heaven. In fact, I was sure that Brisbane was the first in a couple of months. It was a pity, really; the fact that it was up so high seemed to turn many people off experiencing the wonders up here. And it really was wonderful.

We stopped as we reached the edge of one of the pillars (they joined with eachother in a very large, seemingly endless circle with quite a few shortcuts inbetween - almost like a maze, but a large one where it's not possible to get lost). There were many trees around the edges which climbed upwards from the ground; and kept going until it seemed like they were touching the clouds not far above us. In fact, a few of the trees entered the clouds and it was impossible to see where they ended.

"Here we are," I chirped. "If we just continue walking, we can look within the trees and see many Pokemon resting; though beware, some of them can get quite aggressive."

We walked onwards into the trees, and the beautiful sky which shone from all directions was suddenly shrouded; so only a strip of blue remained above us with the leafy green trees blocking the sides. It was quaint and calm in here, with the occasional chirp of a Pokemon and rustling of leaves. We looked inside the trees and saw a family of Drifloon, happily floating together in the gentle breeze.

Suddenly, as we were watching the balloon Pokemon float happily, one of them seemed to notice our presence. Bloating and growing in anger, it suddenly zoomed towards us and positioned itself in a protective stance in the air, eyeing us with an angry glare.

"Floon!" it roared - which was odd, as I had no idea Drifloon were capable of roaring.

"It seems pretty aggressive and protective of its family... We might be able to make it if we run, but I'm not sure," I said to Brisbane.

Trainer Stats:
Brisbane Kreutzhart
$750

Area Effects:
[Outer Heaven]
A smooth pathway high in the sky, surrounded by impressive and strong leafy trees filled with Pokemon.
Sunny with clear skies.
13 Encounters left.

Pokemon Stats:

Wild Pokemon
Pokemon Encountered: Pidgey, Drifloon

Last edited by Splishee; 01-13-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Ranger Sokka
The Botanic Gardens
BP

Linoone began running forward towards the raging Kangaskhan, head bowed low as he readied a Headbutt. He jumped just as he closed in on the kangaroo, but before the attack hit Kangaskhan struck out, hitting Linoone with a Sucker Punch which sent him flying. The weasel slid across the ground on his side for a short way before being able to roll over and get on his feet again. He then ran again, this time keeping his eyes on Kangaskhan. When he jumped, the kangaroo tried to deal a Sucker Puch again. However, this time Linoone was ready, and twisted in mid-air, bowing his back so that the punch went right under his body. Linoone collided this time with Kangaskhan's chest and knocked it back a few meters, landing gracefully on the ground as his opponent attempted to regain its balance.

---------

Encounters Left: 14

Encounters- ??? ??? Kangaskhan (43%)

Trainer Stats

Name: Danni Fetter
Items: 3 Hyper Balls

Pokemon

Pokemon: Lickilicky
Nickname: None
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Bashful
HP: 100%
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Sleep Talk, Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, Rock Slide

Pokemon: Linoone
Nickname: None
Ability: Pick Up
Nature: Quiet
HP: 41%
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: None
Old 01-16-2010, 11:01 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Trainer Brisbane
Outer Heaven

Making my way towards the next platform- where I had spotted a large tree's mane under which I wanted to stop and get a good look at my surroundings. Cotton candy-like clouds hid the sun as a feeble breeze started blowing and made my cape flutter as if taking life.

I felt like singing.

Which I didn't do, because... well, I'm not sure how good my voice is, but I'd rather not risk it and make every Pokemon in hearing range flee in panic. So I started humming tune, trying to make a song about birds a-singing and girls a-flirting go away. It wasn't really working, but hey, it felt good anyway.

As we reached the (not) long awaited shade, I couldn't believe my luck when I saw such a cute scene taking place. A family of Drifloon spending some quality time in the sun. However, as soon as the bigger one saw me, it scurried my way, shielding her loved ones from danger.

"How cute," I said. "Mama bear..."

She didn't seem to pay attention to my words, instead puffing up to try and look bigger, while still growling cutely at me.

At least, I thought it was cute. Drifloon aren't exactly intimidating.

I tilted my head a little puzzled. "It seems pretty aggressive and protective of its family..." Charlie said. "We might be able to make it if we run, but I'm not sure."

Like I was going to. However, I wasn't about to disturb the family, if I could. So I looked around and, still humming a little, I approached the platform's edge, sitting down there, legs hanging, and I took out a Pokeball, letting it sit beside me. I then rummaged through my bag, looking for a thin, long case. I opened it as I found it, and took out an ivory flute, then started playing some random notes, trying to think up a melody.

The Pokeball opened beside me, and in a flash of crimson a swirling magenta dress appeared, dancing about at my improvised tune. A golden shower joined the dance, swaying easily in the wind. A clap of hands kept up the tempo, and a smiling face appeared under the cascade of golden hair. I stopped playing. "Hello, Saudaje." I smiled. "I'm waiting for the Drifloon to calm down, hoping to catch her, so mind joining me until she and her family understand the situation." My Jynx- unlike me- had a beautiful voice. Too bad I couldn't understand a thing of what she said. "I'll have to teach you English, one of these days."

Saudaje chuckled- it wasn't the first time I said that, it was kind of a running joke by now. I shrugged it off, and started playing again, joined in by her wordless voice, waiting for Drifloon to know that I was no threat.

OoC: sorry it took me so much to reply >.< my bad

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 01-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Brisbane surprised me by smiling affectionately at the Drifloon, and then promptly settling himself down on the ledge and pulling a flute out of his bag. I watched him with great interest as he began to play an indecipherable - but nonetheless pretty - melody, and Drifloon's expanded face began to deflate slowly as she swayed gently to the music.

A Jynx suddenly erupted from Brisbane's carefully-placed Pokeball, a volumptuous Pokemon in what appeared to be a silky, pink dress and blonde hair that draped across her tentative, but welcoming face. A flurry of golden sparks from the capsule she came from cascaded over the Drifloon, and she watched the sparks fall with wide, hypnotised eyes.

"Hello, Saudaje," Brisbane said to the Jynx - Saudaje. "I'm waiting for the Drifloon to calm down, hoping to catch her, so mind joining me until she and her family understand the situation?"

Brisbane continued to play the hypnotic, peaceful flute, and the Jynx immediately spun her voice into a beautiful twirl of melody, singing a beautiful tune that flowed across the trees and directly towards the relaxed Drifloon.

It seemed as though the calming melody was working wonders on the aggressive Pokemon; she allowed herself to be carried in the wind before floating peacefully infront of us. Saudaje's singing flooded Drifloon's ears, hypnotising her and causing an unnatural, eerie calm to fall upon her. She had a split second of alarm sounding across her face, and suddenly her body grew bright in momentary panic; but unable to fight it, she immediately closed her eyes and promptly fell fast asleep.

I examined Drifloon, walking around her. Her round, purple body was suspended in the air, fast asleep and bobbing up and down as the wind made her two yellow stringy arms flutter aimlessly in the breeze. Suddenly, the wind picked up and pushed her lightweight body a few good metres right; dangerously close to the edge of the pillar.

"The wind seems to be picking up," I said to Brisbane. "If you want to have a go at capturing Drifloon, you'd better do it quick; and make sure the wind doesn't push her too far away for a battle."

Suddenly, Drifloon's body ignited and an unnatural gust of wind sounded from behind her; an Ominous Wind attack flew towards Jynx. A gush of silver, sparkling wind with dark undertones pushed Saudaje's body back a few meters as she struggled to regain her balance from the sudden attack. It seemed Drifloon had conjured an Ominous Wind attack in the moment of realisation before falling asleep; she had sent an attack before being welcomed into sleep's cradling arms. The sparkling gust faded, and Saudaje stood up hastily, shaking her head dizzily at the unexpected, but very weak, attack.

BATTLE STATS:
Careful Female Jinx [Saudaje] [Forewarn] - 88%
??? Female Drifloon [Aftermath] - 100% [ASLEEP]

Trainer Stats:
Brisbane Kreutzhart
$750

Area Effects:
[Outer Heaven]
A smooth pathway high in the sky, surrounded by impressive and strong leafy trees filled with Pokemon.
Sunny with clear skies.
13 Encounters left.

Pokemon Stats:

Wild Pokemon

Last edited by Splishee; 01-17-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:08 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Ranger BiBi
meteor Valley

“Seagem! Perform your Safeguard move, then follow up with a tornado and a smash hit from a watery tail! Make sure you only use those other attacks after the Thunder Wave has been deflected!”

Mhm... a code... nice. It's not for everyone to come up with different ways to name their attacks- though that strategy really didn't help much when facing wild Pokemon- they don't know what the attacks stand for, anyway. Still, I had to applaud the effort.

The Dragonite did some complicated things, leading to a thin veil of undefined material covering her, right in time for the Thunder Wave to clash against it. With a weak buzz it soon died down, leaving Dragonite up to her next attack. The dragon flapped her wings, bringing forth a strong blast of wind that lifted debris along the way, spiraling where Absol was standing. He, still a little woozy due to the Thunder Wave attack, had almost finished charging up his next attack, before being hit by the water-powered twister that sent him flying up- he kept his shield up, though, as he needed it for his next attack.

Seagem then took flight towards the opponent Pokemon, twisting her body at the last moment to slam her orange-ish tail upwards in the water twister, then breaking inside Absol's shield and hit him with a strong Aqua Tail.

Absol wasn't unprepared, though, and even if he didn't really expect an attack to come from below, he released the frozen sphere of energy he was preparing, hurling it towards the upcoming attack, shattering against the Water Wall and freezing it in the process. With said Dragonite's tail stuck in it.

A howl of pain erupted from the dragon's gut as the cold energy wrapped around her lower body, locking her in an icy grasp from the remnants of the water shield- they both had managed to score a hit, leaving themselves exposed to the other's attack at the same time.

Then, both of them fell on the ground unceremoniously, Absol feeling a lot shaky, almost unable to lift himself on his feet, while Seagem was much better off, her thick skin protecting her from most of the fall's damage, and she was now trying to break the ice pieces that covered her tail and managed to crawl up to her legs before Absol was faraway enough for Icy Wind to lose effect.

Encounter 12
Absol (Male/??/??) 11.24% PAR (shaken)

Vs

Seagem, Sassy Female Dragonite (Inner Focus) 54.79% attack raised, lower body covered in ice

Encounters left: 2

Area Effects: Getting a tad dim;

Trainer: Saundra Blake, aka Tyranitar_Trainer
Official Location: Meteor Valley
Change: 70,400
Total Items: Hyper Ball x9; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Scizor 49% {Not in combat}
Nickname: Ripper
Ability: Technician
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

Pokemon: Gengar {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Shade
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Impish
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Sludge Bomb ; TM Substitute ; TM Attract ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; TM Psychic ; TM Psych Up ; TM Rest ; TM Snore ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Hidden Power [Flying] ; TM Focus Punch ; TM Protect ; TM Taunt ; TM Embargo ; TM Counter ; TM Focus Blast ; TM Thunderbolt ; BM Haze

Pokemon: Dragonite {in combat} 100%
Nickname: Seagem
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Sassy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; TM Substitute ; TM Earthquake ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Roar ; TM Ice Punch

Pokemon: Froslass {Not in combat} 36%
Nickname: Jess
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick
~~~

Total Captured 'Mons: [Male] Mightyena, [Male] Mr. Mime,
[Male] Gastly

Pokemon we've run into: Mightyena x2, Mr. Mime, Deoxys, Chimecho, Baltoy, Poochyena x2, Wynaut x2, Gastly, Unown, Drowzee

OoC: sorry it took me so much to reply ^^

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 01-17-2010, 08:39 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Trainer Brisbane
Outer Heaven

My cape swayed before me, distracting me from my play as I turned to check out what was going on, and I saw dark wind blasts flying to Saudaje, without giving her much of a chance to dodge as she wasn't really paying any attention.

How interesting. Looks like the balloon Pokemon thought I was attacking her and reacted before... falling asleep?

I just had to chuckle. And I lost the tune. Damn.

"Looks like the wind is picking up," Charlie notified me. "If you want to have a go at catching her, be quick; and make sure the wind doesn't take her too far away."

Great, now I just had to focus on that. I sighed, and got up, checking up on my Pokemon- she seemed fine, all in all. So I decided to make my next move.

If fire is fought with fire, then we fight wind with wind? "Show me a good Powder Snow!" I said.

Whispering soothing gibberish, the humanoid Pokemon joined her hands, holding them close to her mouth. Frozen breaths gathered in her grasp, creating a small pool of icy energy. She then let it go, making the concentrated ice sphere float under the sleeping Pokemon, still humming her song. A mean look, and she stopped singing, clapping her hands together, making the ice gem explode in a twirl of icy wind blasts.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 01-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Saundra Blake
Meteor Valley

Oh dear, Absol was clearly a trickery little bugger. I wondered if he’d been in enough battles to understand how weak a Dragonite, being a dual Flying/Dragon type Pokemon, was to an Ice attack. Whether he did or not, that Icy Wind had a pretty nasty effect on poor Seagem. With her lower half encased in the clear, freezing ice, she fell to the ground ungracefully and landed with a thud. She howled in rage and pain, angry that she’d been shown up and enraged that it had been by an Ice-type move. If it was one thing she hated more than being upstaged, it was being upstaged by an attack whose Type she absolutely loathed.

“Seagem, girl, calm down!” I called as Absol shakily got to his paws, looking much worse the wear than Seagem did. “Use a Waterfall to crack and weaken the ice on your body, and then I want you to come over here so I can tell you your grand finale.”

Twisting her body, Seagem held her paws out to the pond and bellowed loudly. As if summoning some sort of water serpent, she released a surge of draconic energy from her paws and sent it into the water; jerking her arms upwards, she conjured a massive roaring geyser that rose several feet into the air, writhing and spiraling as it did. Bringing her arms down sharply, Seagem directed the large fountain towards her lower body, controlling the watery tube and making the point like a dagger. The sharpened “stake” hit the ice with enough force to crack it, but not enough to break it outright and thus end up causing Seagem harm.

Afterward, the Dragonite managed to get airborne, flying over to me and waiting for her orders. I smiled and shifted, standing in front of her and producing a Hyper Ball. I handed the sphere to her and said softly, “Now that the ice on your body is weak, I want you to use a Dragon Rage to break it into chunks and drop them around Absol. While he’s distracted with dodging them, get in close behind him and toss this Ball at him with as wonderful a flourish as you can muster. Make sure to cover each piece with a bit of your Dragon Rage, just in case he runs into the path of one on accident. He’ll get a bit of scorched fur, since he’s wet, but it’ll be less damage than if he gets bonked on the head with a sharp chunk of ice. Your Dragon Rage, combined with the glittering pieces of ice as they fall and the finish with the Ball, will undoubtedly be a remarkable performance.”

Seagem puffed her chest out with this praise and took the Hyper Ball, then twirled her body and flew over to Absol. She rose above him and as she did, threw her head back before spitting forth a torrent of glittering sapphire flames. The fire poured from her open jaws and flowed down her body, encasing her in a fiery blue light. The heat from the flames instantly made the cracks in the ice become wide fissures, which went all the way through and effectively shattered the rimy covering.

The fire-covered chunks plummeted earthward, each one sparkling madly as it reflected the light of flowing, liquid-like fire surrounding it. The fire itself was stoked by the wind rushing around each ice chunk and burned all the brighter, throwing off sapphire embers that spun crazily into the night air before winking out.

As that was happening, Seagem performed an aerial back flip, dropping rapidly towards the ground behind Absol. A few feet before crashing into the grassy soil, she performed another flip and landed on her feet. She did a few spins and twists, mindless of the flame-enshrouded chunks of ice striking the ground around her and casting long shadows over her body as she moved.

Finally, with a final twist that left her poised on one foot with her tail high in the air and her wings spread, Seagem pulled back the paw holding the Hyper Ball. I was hardly surprised when bright orange-red flames sparked to life around the appendage, quickly blossoming into a minature blaze that went halfway up the Dragonite’s arm. She tightened her grip on the Ball, then thrust her arm forward as she released it. The Fire Punch wasn’t an attack, just a final touch on the Pokemon’s performance. The fire-trailing Ball arched through the air, coming down towards the back of Absol’s head…

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 01-19-2010, 06:55 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Ranger Charlie
Outer Heaven

Saudaje tentatively looked in the Drifloon's direction, growing confidence in the fact that she was asleep and, therefore, not a threat. She closed her eyes and stood at a safe distance, and pressed her hands together as she began to hum a melody which brought a gleaming sphere of pure ice into her grasp. Whisking her hands away from her, the ice floated under the sleeping Drifloon and suddenly exploded in a gush of frozen, icy wind; throwing the Pokemon away from the way the natural current of air was pushing her.

This caused Drifloon to jolt awake and blunder around for a few seconds, apparently unaware of what was going on. Although Drifloon suddenly woke up, the Icy Wind attack hadn't so much hurt her as it had simply pushed her away from the ledge. Saudaje was simply too hesitant in the attack; and the Drifloon noticed how Saudaje shied away from her.

The Ghost Pokemon inflated its round, purple body once more, and immediately zoomed towards Saudaje with an intimidating air. The Jynx yelped, and ducked; but not soon enough to avoid seeing Drifloon's face grow wide and haunting, her eyes bulging out of the sockets and wagging its spindly, yellow arms from side to side in a teasing manner. The Astonish attack worked very well; Saudaje seemed to be especially prone to it, and fell backwards with a startled cry.

It looked as though the Jynx was surely incredibly shaken; and Drifloon rose upwards in a triumphant swoop. It was then that she noticed the impact the Icy Wind had left on her foot; a tiny ice shard, which burned into it with great effectiveness. Yelping, Drifloon spun around in circles trying to get it off, but not before the iciness of it had caused a considerable amount of damage to the poor Flying type.

Saudaje looked upwards, becoming encouraged by Drifloon's less-than-intimidating actions. Softly beginning to hum a melody to calm herself, she stood up carefully and looked towards Brisbane for instructions.

Furthermore, it seemed as though Saudaje's attack - well, more of an icy chill blown through the air - had caused an unnatural chill to settle around us. I shivered, drawing my Ranger jacket over my shoulders.

BATTLE STATS:
Careful Female Jinx [Saudaje] [Forewarn] - 78%
??? Female Drifloon [Aftermath] - 88.54%

Trainer Stats:
Brisbane Kreutzhart
$750

Area Effects:
[Outer Heaven]
Sunny, but with cold wind blowing.
13 Encounters left.

Pokemon Stats:

Wild Pokemon
Old 01-24-2010, 09:48 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: I'm late! I'm late! And if late I will be, my head will go down for sure!

Or something like that. Haven't read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland in a while, I dunno what the White Rabbit says.

Also, did it have to wake up already? It didn't even sleep one turn -.-

Trainer Brisbane
Outer Heaven

Ooh boy, looks like I made a little miscalculation. I was too confident when I thought it'd keep being asleep when I attacked. Guess I'll have to be more careful now.

"Saudaje, it's no big deal, right? She took us by surprise, but that won't happen again. Now, will you show me a Shadow Ring?" I asked kindly, knowing she was still shaken from the astonish. I'll have to do something about that too, but that can wait after she gets some good shielding.

My Jynx nodded, smiling warmly. She spun around, tossing her long pale hair out of the way, then she held out her hands, at her sides. Grim thoughts filling her mind, she let her kind heart soak in any ill feeling she harboured as dark energy began emanating from her hands. Black substance fell out, hovering eeirily in the air. Each Shadow Ball split into two smaller blobs of dark feelings, in circle formation around the Psychic Pokemon. She then used her mind powers to make them rotate around them, quickly gaining momentum as Drifloon was distracted, becoming a purple blur surrounding her.

"Wonderful!" I praised her. "Now, Calm Mind."

It was a risky bet, as allowing her to clear her mind from any residual of fear and doubt would make her attacks far stronger, but it was worth it. The meditation would allow her to recover her shaken form and well, eighten her natural abilities.

Keeping some focus to make the ring keep going, Saudaje closed her eyes, shutting out the outside world for as long as she would need. I wasn't feeling too anxious about Drifloon deciding to attack- even if she did, Saudaje was sure to catch a glimpse of it before it happened, thanks to her Forewarn, and act accordingly by project her shadow shield towards the attacker.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote: