Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:27 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default URPG Articles

I want to pay you to write.

One of the most memorable ideas that the URPG has sponsored are the PE2K Times. Yes, this simple newspaper that covered the events of the forum was started by our very own URPG-aficionado, Fair, and rose to popular heights during its heyday.

Sadly, it is no longer around.

However, we have a unique opportunity before us. Ryan has allowed members on the forum to write articles for the site. He has given the green light to put up articles that members of the PE2K community might find interesting or informative. He has given us an opportunity.

Rather than a revival of the PE2K Times, I propose a rather intriguing alternative. Instead of the articles appearing in a thread on the forums, I suggest that we write articles for the PE2K site itself. Articles about the Pe2K community and what is going on. Who's who and what's what. Give everyone the latest scoop of what's going on.

And I assure you that this idea is not a crazy one. It has worked before for the PE2K Times and surely can work again. If Fair... the craziest URPG member to ever live (except maybe Scott)... could do it, then anybody can!

Why, my friends, you could write articles about various Pokemon Move strategies or feature a wonderful story from one of our talented PE2K writers. You can write about a prominent PE2K member or draw a comic to feature on the site. You can do all sorts of things as long as they relate to our community.

And, as we did with the PE2K Times, we would be willing to pay you for your work. URPG Money, of course. If you're willing to spend your time and effort to help Pe2K, then we are willing to reward you for your services.

If people are interested, and please comment if you are, I think we can easily set this up. We'll need a few editors and a ton of writers to organize everything, but in short, this is a project that can work to benefit the URPG... and PE2K.

Oh, and here is an example of a PE2K Times.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:30 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: URPG Articles

Cool stuffs Harry Kim. Sounds like another good way for writers/graders to make an extra buck.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 09-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Oxygen Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Oxygen Send a message via MSN to Oxygen

I'd be up for this. I'd like the extra money.

...Once known as Politoed...
Shoddy: Oxygenocide (Mod)

Looking for someone with experience with Forums - PM me, or send me a message in AIM.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

I'd be highly interested in writing articles. :o
It would require more specific directions but I think it's a good idea.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Didn't you ask me to do this before? ;0

I guess it would work, but you're going to have to make sure the people who write the stuff are qualified in the section.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:45 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Didn't you ask me to do this before? ;0

I guess it would work, but you're going to have to make sure the people who write the stuff are qualified in the section.

You didn't write one though, so I'm upping the profit!

That's why we need top notch editors who can judge the quality of what is being submitted.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Sounds like a cool idea, I'd like to do this if possible. ^_^
Old 09-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Haze Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
You didn't write one though, so I'm upping the profit!

That's why we need top notch editors who can judge the quality of what is being submitted.
Oh I thought you were gonna tell me when to start or something.

imo doing strategy articles is pointless because Smogon has already talked about everything to death and it would just be copying what they say for the most part.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:55 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Oh I thought you were gonna tell me when to start or something.

imo doing strategy articles is pointless because Smogon has already talked about everything to death and it would just be copying what they say for the most part.

Except we can use more than 4 moves!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Haze Offline

Quote:
Oh I thought you meant competative battling as in Shoddy and Wi-fi. Yeah the URPG ones could work then.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:07 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Which means we can just put every single move on that Smogon says is good for the mon, and then just choose which one we want. Besides, most of the time when I've said to someone 'Think up a moveset for X mon right now', most of the time, they've said something that's identical to Smogon by at least 3 moves, sometimes 4. So, strategy is sort of pointless.

Although other things could be good too. Only problem is I see this dying like ST's attempt at reviving the Pe2k Times.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Haze Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Which means we can just put every single move on that Smogon says is good for the mon, and then just choose which one we want. Besides, most of the time when I've said to someone 'Think up a moveset for X mon right now', most of the time, they've said something that's identical to Smogon by at least 3 moves, sometimes 4. So, strategy is sort of pointless.

Although other things could be good too. Only problem is I see this dying like ST's attempt at reviving the Pe2k Times.
I think Hkim meant strategy wise, not moveset since the mons learn everything they can from every generation. Smogon doesn't really cover how to use the mon and only sometimes talks about team options. ^^;
Old 09-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post

At an old site, we had a monthly Newspaper. However, I would draw up a skeleton outline of articles I'd need. This in turn, would show the open spots. If people signed up for the spots, then you wouldn't have to worry about lack of articles/comics. Of course, it'll be difficult to keep people enlisted - but you ARE paying them. I'd say that's motivation to not let the paper die. @__@
Old 09-07-2009, 07:27 PM
KantoChamp46 Offline
Elite Trainer

I'd be interested in giving this a go! I know I'm not a grader, but I write a lot and this sounds interesting. Whenever you guys have like a "skeleton" of the articles or whatever up, just let me know what I can do. If you need me for anything, lol.

98% of teens won't stand up for God. If you're one of the 2% who will, place this somewhere in your signature.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

I think this is a good idea, but I definitely think that when people write about something for URPG it should be reviewed by people who know what they're talking about- an article on writing should be cleared by prominent members in the writing section, an article on battling cleared by prominent members in the battling section, etc. Not only the articles should be reviewed, but tbh I think maybe even the members themselves could be cleared. :x