Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Dylan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dylan
Question A lot of free time

Do you ever wonder, when you go on a video game on wi-fi, or go on a ranked forum such as this one, or play a popular internet game, how do those people who are so high in the ranks have the time and motivation to do that?

Like, an online game I play called RuneScape, have several people who pretty much maxed out what they can do in the game. How do those people SERIOUSLY have the time to get that?

Or even on these forums, people have Elite trainer level ten as their rank. That determines that they have over ten THOUSAND posts. Seriously, who has the time to post ten thousand messages. I don't get that!

Then on Mario Kart Wii, I know people who have done thousands of races on Mario kart wii, in Wi-Fi connection mode. I've only done 75 races.

I guess some people just have a lot of free time on their hands.

I am forever bound by chains to PE2K
|TailTail|
Old 09-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn
Default Re: A lot of free time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy View Post
Like, an online game I play called RuneScape, have several people who pretty much maxed out what they can do in the game. How do those people SERIOUSLY have the time to get that?
Me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy View Post
Or even on these forums, people have Elite trainer level ten as their rank. That determines that they have over ten THOUSAND posts.
There's only like one or two people with Level 10 Elite Trainer thing. One's Neo Pikachu. The other people who have 10k plus posts are like mods and officials, like Ataro and rust.

Hit me up on AIM: neuroticnero

vpp | urpg | pol
Old 09-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post
There's only like one or two people with Level 10 Elite Trainer thing. One's Neo Pikachu. The other people who have 10k plus posts are like mods and officials, like Ataro and rust.
Its not a matter of having a lot of free time, but more of a matter that I've been here for a long time, since the very first day this VBulletin forum was created. Second, I came around here during my breaks between classes. I'm honestly not a social butterfly in real life, I've found that most people are interested in other stuff, so I head over to places online that have people that share a similar interest to mine. Also, I don't go to that many websites.

Rust has been at PE2K even longer than I have, and Ataro has also been here for an extremely long time. But in the end, I think it evens out that we have just about as much free time as you have, its just we spend a lot of it on a few things as opposed to spending a little time for many things.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Its not a matter of having a lot of free time, but more of a matter that I've been here for a long time, since the very first day this VBulletin forum was created. Second, I came around here during my breaks between classes. I'm honestly not a social butterfly in real life, I've found that most people are interested in other stuff, so I head over to places online that have people that share a similar interest to mine. Also, I don't go to that many websites.

Rust has been at PE2K even longer than I have, and Ataro has also been here for an extremely long time. But in the end, I think it evens out that we have just about as much free time as you have, its just we spend a lot of it on a few things as opposed to spending a little time for many things.
Quoted for truth Neo's right, most of us don't do so much with other stuff IRL, therefore we have more time spend on the internet and gaming.

Of course, there's some people who just have tons of free time, and other people who's time gaming isn't actually free time at all. Those are the "professional" gamers, and how lucky they are...

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Quoted for truth Neo's right, most of us don't do so much with other stuff IRL, therefore we have more time spend on the internet and gaming.

Of course, there's some people who just have tons of free time, and other people who's time gaming isn't actually free time at all. Those are the "professional" gamers, and how lucky they are...
Haha, good work on making us all look like dorks. I have lots of commitments IRL, yet I still find time for here and for games whenever I can. It's all about what your prioritise I suppose. For a 5-year member, I guess my post count's pretty low :P
Old 09-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Brit134444 Offline
Master Trainer

Yeah, I guess some people have that much time to do that stuff....me
Old 09-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

I have very litte free time, but every second of it is spent on PE2K.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:07 PM
james_gotex Offline

Its not necessarily how much free time people have, its how long they have been here, like the first two replies they have been here for ages, so there is more time to rack up a high post count, and our dear Finch has been here for 5 years was it? But doesnt have as much free time due to other commitments.

Personally my free time differs, occasionally Ill have tonnes of free time, then I wont be able to get on here for a week or something. Im a two year member...I think, and my post count is really low, cause I left for about a year, due to not having any time
Old 09-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Grandiose Offline

I see a very distorted correlation between free time and posts on an internet forum -- while to some extent they are related, someone either has a desire to be active or they don't.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:59 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

I have so much free time on my hands, I don't know what to do with myself half the time. >__>
Old 09-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
I have so much free time on my hands, I don't know what to do with myself half the time. >__>
The fact that you've only been here less than a month and already have 269 posts says a lot xD

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-07-2009, 02:39 AM
Hoshika Offline

I tend to lurk/do nothing when joining online communities/games.

Then again, I do have more posts than Finch...
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Well, there's the summer. You've gotta think, sure, people do stuff a lot in the summer, hanging out with friends, movies, etc., but there's still a lot of time in between that. If I spent all my time that I do online here, I'm sure I would have at least 3,000 posts since I made this account in May. There's the URPG, where you post a lot, to name one way. On my first account that I had up until this last May, I had I think 4,800, or 5k+ posts.
And those people on Runescape have, or lack two things. They have bots that do the monotonous tasks for them, or lack a social life.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:21 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

I have a lot of free time, and I've been here for about two years. I don't have a high post count due to the fact that I spent most of my time here on the RP sections (which aren't that active). I guess it just depends which sections of the forum you spend your time in.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:31 AM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

I got some free time for now but I'm in school again and I just joined the forums 2 weeks ago. My computer hasn't been apt to the way it was before. More like I've been looking for some ways and time to repair it but now I'm on another one. In my free time, I usually get on IRC and browse serebii.net forums which is all I do in my free time and a lot of it is wasted by sleeping on the carpet for some reason when I don't want to remember what I did last before I fell asleep. I am bored and it's like everything I do is totally boring. It's about me thinking about what should I do to be unbanned from a chat room or forum and what if I had just come up with the idea of, I'll sit, lie down, and do nothing and maybe Serebii and his Ops or Mods won't be pushed and harassed like he said they were. When I don't have free time, I try to get out of it because a lot of it is just hard schoolwork and boring classwork we have to do and complete to receive a grade. And I'm bad at concentrating and doing projects especially when they got me retaking a Math Class and I'm rather in a very hot rather than moderate classroom with little to no air-conditioning and when I want more free time, I can steal it perhaps. I'm an adult so that means I can make my own decisions but I must finish up all the schooling first. I'm only in the last grade which is most definitely my senior year of high school.