Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:44 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-
Default Re: Teenage pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
But can it feel emotion?
Inevitably, it will if one elects to keep it.

You can't just pluck a sprout from the ground just because it isn't an oxygen-producing tree yet. Just because it can't yet do anything doesn't mean it's worth nothing.

My Battle Log
Old 09-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Emotion is not necessary, as long as it feels pain, that's enough. And since pain is a basic nerve response, a fetus would most likely feel pain.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-27-2009, 02:56 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
But this isn't a thread about abortion, it's about teen pregnancy, so let's not go into pro-life vs. pro-choice.
*pokes* Come on guys, I know abortion is a much bigger issue but it's not the topic of discussion.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:40 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

I'd love to get a chick knocked up.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:23 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Mitch View Post
Totally.

Since we seem to have so many things to say on abortion, I think we should carry this conversation into a new thread if that's what we've digressed to. I agree with Khajmer that we're getting way off-topic, the we can't just cut this short.

My Battle Log
Old 09-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
*pokes* Come on guys, I know abortion is a much bigger issue but it's not the topic of discussion.
We know. Anything remotely related will definitely be sucked inside.

I just thought of something. While in the womb, the baby just seems to me like a parasite to the mother. Hence a case of paracitism. Which is bad for the mother. Hence, abortion.

Just a thought; don't flame me for this. :X
Old 09-27-2009, 07:08 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
We know. Anything remotely related will definitely be sucked inside.

I just thought of something. While in the womb, the baby just seems to me like a parasite to the mother. Hence a case of paracitism. Which is bad for the mother. Hence, abortion.

Just a thought; don't flame me for this. :X
That's new...>_>

So, are you suggesting that all the mothers that do go through pregnancy are...masochistic?

My Battle Log
Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarago View Post
That's new...>_>

So, are you suggesting that all the mothers that do go through pregnancy are...masochistic?
It depends on how you look at it. It may be considered a parasitic relationship where the fetus feeds off of the mother, it may be a parasitic relationship or a commensalist relationship. If you look at the long term it might even be considered a mutualistic relationship, as when it's all over the mother gains a child and in biological terms the species carries on.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:52 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
It depends on how you look at it. It may be considered a parasitic relationship where the fetus feeds off of the mother, it may be a parasitic relationship or a commensalist relationship. If you look at the long term it might even be considered a mutualistic relationship, as when it's all over the mother gains a child and in biological terms the species carries on.
That's actually what I've always thought of it. Based on how a woman perceives it, though, I guess it could be considered to be somewhat different. Yeah, if she's a heroin addict that's in so deep that she needs the stuff to stop the pain, then maybe she would see it as a parasite. Other than that, I think all mammals see it as a two-way benefit.

My Battle Log
Old 09-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
That's new...>_>

No. O_O I mean that they're willing to go through sacrifices to keep the human race alive.

Now, back to teenage pregnancy. >_>
Old 10-01-2009, 05:34 AM
Ken Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
No. O_O I mean that they're willing to go through sacrifices to keep the human race alive.

Now, back to teenage pregnancy. >_>
Well. If you were an adult and got pregnant, would you feel any different from if you were a teenager an got pregnant? Probably because you would feel as if you know more things about it, but, for instance, 16 year old preg, and 18 year old preg is not much of a difference. Normally three of the biggest stresses with teen preg are these:
1: School. You will have eyes on you at all times, and become the center of gossip too.
2: Parents. Most parents will pressure you to like, get an arrby, or say things like "Now be careful. Not drink, drive, blah blah blah." or "Now in labor it may hurt. But I want you to know I will be with you blah blah blah." And they may embarress you too. For instance, "And our little Cassie-poo is all grown up now. But she still was so careless, should have worn a condum, blah blah blah."
3: This one comes from you. You feel embarressed, sad, and confused. You feel as if people will think different of you for it, you feel like you should have done differently, and you feel as though you are not sure if this is happening or not.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimashi View Post
Well. If you were an adult and got pregnant, would you feel any different from if you were a teenager an got pregnant? Probably because you would feel as if you know more things about it, but, for instance, 16 year old preg, and 18 year old preg is not much of a difference. Normally three of the biggest stresses with teen preg are these:
1: School. You will have eyes on you at all times, and become the center of gossip too.
2: Parents. Most parents will pressure you to like, get an arrby, or say things like "Now be careful. Not drink, drive, blah blah blah." or "Now in labor it may hurt. But I want you to know I will be with you blah blah blah." And they may embarress you too. For instance, "And our little Cassie-poo is all grown up now. But she still was so careless, should have worn a condum, blah blah blah."
3: This one comes from you. You feel embarressed, sad, and confused. You feel as if people will think different of you for it, you feel like you should have done differently, and you feel as though you are not sure if this is happening or not.
If you must know, I am a guy, and I do not intend to get kidnapped by aliens.

And I did say that teenage pregnancy wasn't good.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

I think it's okay, as long as they can support their child together. And please, no abortion.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:00 PM
White_Rabbit Offline

Send a message via AIM to White_Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjá Vu View Post
All very valid stereotypical outcomes, but that's all they are- stereotypes. You cannot make a snap decision on whether a baby should be kept or aborted (Which wasn't even the question btw) when the extent of the information you know is "they're teenagers". My ex got pregnant at 17, she's coping fine alone two years on. I hope they do well OP.

But as for the topic of teenage pregnancy, I'm against it. However I'm not against teenage parenting if they can provide a financially and emotionally stable environment for the child- there are parents who can fail to achieve that.
I agree. Abortion wasn't the question. On that note, Abortion in a way is .

BoT: Teenage pregnancy is a no-no. why even have sex before marriage? oh sure, its fun for 15 minutes and u enjoy (almost) every second of it, but its not worth it. the real reason for is not the orgy , but to A) bond with your spouse and B) create more people. the orgy is just a added plus.

As for teenage parenting, i would suggest putting the child up for adoption if u don't have the emotional and financial means of taking care of another child. that is, if the new grandparents aren't willing to do everything they can to help.

that being said, Carry on world, cuz even if i said something different, you'd still keep going on with the sweaty sheets.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Quote:
You can't just pluck a sprout from the ground just because it isn't an oxygen-producing tree yet. Just because it can't yet do anything doesn't mean it's worth nothing.
That's a beautiful way of putting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Mitch View Post
I don't know whether to laugh at that comment or smack you with a newspaper.

I think unexpected pregnancy is a bummer no matter how old you are.
It's all about being smart. I know as well as anybody that sometimes things just happen whether or not protection is on hand... i mean if 2 people want to do it, it's going to happen. It's natural. But you gotta be smart about it; something only has to go wrong once. Remember that!

There are teenagers who have babies and everything turns out fine. There are also ones who get hook into drugs and get away without permanent injuries. Someone could get arrested but it becomes just a mistake learned from. Of course if any of it happens to teenagers, it's never good news because of the age but circumstances are always different and i think it's difficult to predict if it's just ALWAYS wrong.
Like i said, nobody wants it to happen, but it does and you gotta deal.