Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:19 PM
my-little-starr Offline

Default Re: Teenage pregnancy

Hm, I don't really have a problem with teenage pregnancy. I have a best friend who is currently a freshmen in college who was pregnant about two years ago when she was fifteen. She has two twin girls now, Annabelle and Isabelle. She and her boyfriend have been perfectly fine together since she got pregnant, the ones who had a problem were her parents.

But back to the topic, I have no problem with it, but I do not support it per say. I know people who are pregnant and those who have had pregnancy scares. I also think its wrong to have an abortion unless you were raped or something along those lines. baby's are little people. With hearts and all that other stuff too. I could never kill a living thing like that. i can't even stand putting our animals to sleep when they get to sick or too old. :x

Tell your friends I said good luck and I hope they have a great life.

Last edited by my-little-starr; 09-06-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer

I have such a problem with Teenage pregnancy, its ruining people's pay check, how are we suppossed to pay our taxes, bills and for food and other useless junk?

Even though I love little kids, I dont support teens that have them, they should atleast wait till (he/she) is married.

Having a Child can ruin your relation ship with your parents and ruin your future.

I dont mind if other people ruin their future but please dont mess with the likes of my pay check, I already gotta give up 3 dollars to get it in cash and I dont wana waist any moar.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:51 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjá Vu View Post
All very valid stereotypical outcomes, but that's all they are- stereotypes. You cannot make a snap decision on whether a baby should be kept or aborted (Which wasn't even the question btw) when the extent of the information you know is "they're teenagers". My ex got pregnant at 17, she's coping fine alone two years on. I hope they do well OP.

But as for the topic of teenage pregnancy, I'm against it. However I'm not against teenage parenting if they can provide a financially and emotionally stable environment for the child- there are adult parents who can fail to achieve that.
I'm aware they are all stereotypes, and for the most part, it's what happens. I'll go as far to say that maybe 40% of teenage pregnancies come out with the parents still together, enjoying their baby and raising it right. The rest turn into highly dysfunctional families.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular14 View Post
This is stupid if the girl would have kept her legs closed instead of spreading them like peanut butter than she wouldn't have this problem and I do not think she should abort the baby because abortion is a sin and so is murder, now that she is pregnant she has to live with what she has done and hopefully after this she will learn her lesson and learn to keep her legs shut.
Murder is a sin, yes. But you can't kill that which hasn't yet been born. So I see no problem with abortion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post

That's kinda mean. Like somebody else said above, you can't exactly make a judgement on somebody's parenting ability or their ability to cope with a child simply by knowing they're a teenager. My mother was 16 when she had my older sister, and 18 when she had me, and my family and I turned out alright. :3

But on topic now, it's not exactly something we can say "oh, I supoort teen pregnancy" or "I don't support teen pregnancy" since it's not really our life. If the parents can cope and are definitely sure about wanting their baby, then good luck to them I guess.
I have no problem with teenage pregnancy if the kids can support the baby and not ruin their education/lives in the process. The problem is, most can't. Which leads me to exactly what I've said earlier. Just abort the unborn(therefore not alive) baby and move on until you're in a situation where you can handle it.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:50 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but anyone here who seems to support abortion is saying so based on how one can assess their financial capability to support their unborn child. Call me naive if you like, but that's just unfair. Consider what Sue Chin said in Juno: "They have fingernails." Fingernails. To me, it just seems as if abortion is okay for some people simply because the argument is one-sided; the only people who can decide if it's alright or not are those who have achieved some level of cognitive maturity. Simply because unborn children cannot express thought or make an impact on our world doesn't mean that we should deprive them of that opportunity. We were all given that chance, weren't we? It seems to me that all we're doing with it is following suit with the norms of political science and enacting what we claim to be "necessary and proper" to maintain our population and economic stability.

I understand history has taught us that human empathy cannot be allowed to sway prudence in politics, but I would be relieved to know that our concern to be humane has finally allotted us isolation from the ancient world.

My Battle Log
Old 09-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Kardas the Great Offline
Master Trainer

I don't feel it is my place to say what your friends should do, they went and 'did' something, and now they will get the result. I wish them luck and happiness for them and their child, God bless them. But, personally, If this were my situation, my actions would depend if I feel ready for a child. For me, abortion is not an option, adoption if I can't provide a suitable lifestyle, and raising the kid if I win the lottery (:P). Of course, their is the option of tossing it to grandma/grandpa...

Yay! you found the hidden text! Here's a cookie! ^^

Old 09-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Much depends on the maturity of the couple, whether they're still in love, and whether they can cope with having children. If they fulfil(l) all three criteria, then fine, but if not, then abortion or putting it up for adoption would be much better, depending on the couple. And this is just for a boy and a girl in love and then they...

So anyway, if it's due to rape or some accident (such as the time I heard that some 14 year old girl got pregnant for no reason or something), then it's just up to the girl to keep it, abort it, or put it up for adoption. Generally, though, it isn't good for both developed and developing countries (even though in those countries it's perfectly natural since they'd have been married by then), because for the former, there're many complications involved, such as social stigma, future problems, cost etc, and for the latter... well, let's just say the population size in those countries gives us some hint. :X
Old 09-11-2009, 08:43 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarago View Post
I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but anyone here who seems to support abortion is saying so based on how one can assess their financial capability to support their unborn child. Call me naive if you like, but that's just unfair. Consider what Sue Chin said in Juno: "They have fingernails." Fingernails. To me, it just seems as if abortion is okay for some people simply because the argument is one-sided; the only people who can decide if it's alright or not are those who have achieved some level of cognitive maturity. Simply because unborn children cannot express thought or make an impact on our world doesn't mean that we should deprive them of that opportunity. We were all given that chance, weren't we? It seems to me that all we're doing with it is following suit with the norms of political science and enacting what we claim to be "necessary and proper" to maintain our population and economic stability.

I understand history has taught us that human empathy cannot be allowed to sway prudence in politics, but I would be relieved to know that our concern to be humane has finally allotted us isolation from the ancient world.
I'm pro-choice. If they want to have it, great. Hopefully they can support it. But I also have nothing against abortion and consider it a viable alternative to having a baby. If in the wrong circumstances, like most teenaged pregnacies, the girls are basically losing the next 5 years of their lives at least, before getting their education. Why wouldn't you abort it?

Also, I feel that life starts at birth. You can't live before you're born, therefore getting rid of something before it's born is not murder or anything. It's like throwing away a piece of paper.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
Also, I feel that life starts at birth. You can't live before you're born, therefore getting rid of something before it's born is not murder or anything. It's like throwing away a piece of paper.
That right there is the point of contention between pro-life and pro-choice: Does life begin at birth or conception?

But this isn't a thread about abortion, it's about teen pregnancy, so let's not go into pro-life vs. pro-choice.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Limelight Offline

Send a message via AIM to Limelight

I got pregnant at 16. With a boy I never really liked and he just left as soon as I got pregnant. But I'm happy with my kid and glad I'm a mother so :P

Hatch: 806
Charmeleon: 839
Charizard: 899
Level100: 1091
Old 09-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Lusitania Offline

Eh, I really don't care about teen pregnancy per se, the girl got knocked up, awesome, why do I care?

But what I do care about is abortion. Personally, I'm pro choice, if you want it aborted, you should be able to get that. It's your own baby and your own body, so you can do that if you like. How is abortion less of your own choice than suicide or choosing to eat?

And it's not a human being yet, it's a mass of tissue that doesn't feel emotion.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:54 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
It's your own baby and your own body,

And it's not a human being yet
Are you saying babies aren't human beings?
Old 09-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
Are you saying babies aren't human beings?
I'm talking while it's in the womb, genuis.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
I'm talking while it's in the womb, genuis.
After some time in the womb, the fetus becomes aware of certain things. I can't remember the specifics at the moment, but they do become aware of things after a couple of months.

EDIT: Why did I post here.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
After some time in the womb, the fetus becomes aware of certain things. I can't remember the specifics at the moment, but they do become aware of things after a couple of months.

Then kill it before it can feel.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post

But can it feel emotion?