Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Default Teenage pregnancy

Well today, I learned that my best friend is pregnant with my good bud who I entered a dance with xD... Anyways, I was told that shes naming the baby after me and that I'm the godfather. So I looked up some info on Teenage pregnancy and I want to know what you guys think about teen pregnancy...

Wikipedia on Teenage pregnancy

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:25 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT
Default Re: Teenage pregnancy

Abort it, it's most likely not going to be worth it for the parents yet, and will end up either being disliked, drive the parents apart or something to that extent.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Déjá Vu Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
Abort it, it's most likely not going to be worth it for the parents yet, and will end up either being disliked, drive the parents apart or something to that extent.
All very valid stereotypical outcomes, but that's all they are- stereotypes. You cannot make a snap decision on whether a baby should be kept or aborted (Which wasn't even the question btw) when the extent of the information you know is "they're teenagers". My ex got pregnant at 17, she's coping fine alone two years on. I hope they do well OP.

But as for the topic of teenage pregnancy, I'm against it. However I'm not against teenage parenting if they can provide a financially and emotionally stable environment for the child- there are adult parents who can fail to achieve that.

Déjá Vu has swine flu, back soon ]=
Old 09-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

I try to avoid these discussions as much as possible, but as long as the situation doesnt turn out to be like the way it is advertised on television (e.g. The Secret Life of the American Teenager) they should be fine
Old 09-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Teenage pregnancies and abortion I believe are both terrible things in the world... and if I were a woman, and I got pregnant, I'd only abort if I were raped or if the baby were harming my health. If I couldn't keep the baby, I'd put it up for adoption or something.

It's a very soft subject in my mindset (however, I really want to see Juno), so I'm not going to say much.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude

Quote:
Well my couzin had a kid 2 years ago and he's a year older then me and at one point he wanted to kill him self casue of the stres of the baby. I was told by the mother that she takes the pills and he used the glove but then she missed her "gift" and she took the test and there you have it :O

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

First off, congrats on being the godfather. Second of all, I just have one question. Are your two friends in love? Can they support the baby? Will they both be seriously involved in the baby's life and supporting the baby even if they don't stay together? If not, then I suggest advising them to give the baby up for adoption. Otherwise, then I wish them the best of luck in parenthood and hope for the best.

As for the question, it's kind of iffy for me. One would think that teenagers wouldn't be emotionally ready to have children, but what I question then is, why can they at such a young age? My opinion is that when you're ready varies based on your life experience as opposed to your age. A teenage guy, for instance, might be far better prepared than someone in their mid-twenties. When you get to your thirties, then I'd say there's really no excuse to not have the life experience to be a parent.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

There's this girl in my study hall who is totally pregnant >_> I dunno her name though. Or her circumstances =x

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
There's this girl in my study hall who is totally pregnant >_> I dunno her name though. Or her circumstances =x
Ha, you should see my high school. I went to the freshman campus for a class; saw a girl pregnant. Chick beside me while I was taking a Spanish test last year? Pregnant. Chick waiting for Speech Class to start as I waiting for my History class to start? Pregnant. Girl I passed by during lunch? Well, you get the point. And then you see girls picking up their babies from the school's daycare after school. :p

In my opinion, I don't support teen pregnancy but I don't scorn or frown at those pregnant teens I see. I just think it's a bit sad whenever I see a high schooler pregnant. I mean, they might avoid huge amounts of stress and worry with juggling school and parenting with more precaution and thinking. There are those teenage parents who don't have it as hard because they get help and assistance, but that's certainly not true for all teenage parents.

So, in a nutshell, I see teenage pregnancy as a possible way to make your life ten times harder. It's not something I would ever evolve myself in.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 09-06-2009, 03:01 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
And then you see girls picking up their babies from the school's daycare after school. :p
The fact that your school even has a daycare for students' children is sad. Heh.

But to contribute to the topic: Teenage pregnancy is... err... bad. :x

BRYCExKAT
Old 09-06-2009, 03:51 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjá Vu View Post
But as for the topic of teenage pregnancy, I'm against it. However I'm not against teenage parenting if they can provide a financially and emotionally stable environment for the child- there are adult parents who can fail to achieve that.
Well, I can understand that you're against teenage pregnancy, but isn't it really just the notion that some can be so rash as to allow themselves to be put in that situation that you're against? Personally, I'd say that parenting (or the notion of becoming a parent) brings out who you really are. Admittedly, teenagers can be only so mature, but an innately responsible person can become a good parent, I believe, no matter their age. Really, the emergence of that responsibility simply occurs much, much less in teenagers as opposed to those who can legally consume alcohol. Thus, naturally, I do agree with you that teenage parenting is great if it's sufficient.

Don't get me wrong, though; teenage pregnancy is really just kind of sad to observe when you do see it. It's not that you look down upon those girls with glaring eyes or anything, it's just that you think that what they might have planned to do with their lives probably went right out the window. It's easy to say that you're against teenage pregnancy, but people tend to make it a personal grudge - that's my main concern with this issue. But, that gets into stereotypes, and we already know about that, so whatever.

My Battle Log
Old 09-06-2009, 04:04 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Quote:
"It's just that you think that what they might have planned to do with their lives probably went right out the window."
That's my main problem with teenage preganancy. The mother and father still think they're going to go to college/school full/part time, have a job and balance a child. Most people cannot do the first two, let alone adding in the hours upon hours of child rearing.

When I was a senior in highschool, 24 seniors and 14 freshman were pregnant.
Now, 6 of the seniors are going to college. The other ones work and take care of the child because the boyfriend left. 13 of the 14 freshman have dropped out of school.

I'm not going to lie. A child is the greatest gift in the world... but whether the child was an accident or concieved because "we want a baby," it needs to carefully assessed on how to take a step in the right direction for the child AND yourself. >_>
Old 09-06-2009, 04:42 AM
Spectacular14 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Spectacular14 Send a message via Yahoo to Spectacular14

This is stupid if the girl would have kept her legs closed instead of spreading them like peanut butter than she wouldn't have this problem and I do not think she should abort the baby because abortion is a sin and so is murder, now that she is pregnant she has to live with what she has done and hopefully after this she will learn her lesson and learn to keep her legs shut.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:11 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular14 View Post
This is stupid if the girl would have kept her legs closed instead of spreading them like peanut butter than she wouldn't have this problem and I do not think she should abort the baby because abortion is a sin and so is murder, now that she is pregnant she has to live with what she has done and hopefully after this she will learn her lesson and learn to keep her legs shut.
Well, your wording isn't all that favorable, but you should understand that people are rash - especially teenagers. That is by no means an excuse for irresponsibility, but you should understand that it's easier to tell someone to learn a lesson than to comprehend what someone has to go through themselves before actually learning that lesson.

My Battle Log
Old 09-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
That's kinda mean. Like somebody else said above, you can't exactly make a judgement on somebody's parenting ability or their ability to cope with a child simply by knowing they're a teenager. My mother was 16 when she had my older sister, and 18 when she had me, and my family and I turned out alright. :3

But on topic now, it's not exactly something we can say "oh, I supoort teen pregnancy" or "I don't support teen pregnancy" since it's not really our life. If the parents can cope and are definitely sure about wanting their baby, then good luck to them I guess.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG