Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:02 PM
james_gotex Offline

Default What would you do?

Right, so me and my partner have been together for a while now, and I feel like its up to me to do something really nice and romantic, just to make sure she knows how much I care, before I go to meet her parents.

Yeh im shaking with fear knowing next saturday I'm going to see them, really worried, I mean, it could go horribly wrong, there is a two year age gap, which they might consider too big, they might think I'm not right for her, or they might just hate me straight away.

But before I get to the probem of meeting the parents, I want to do something for her, and she knows Im not the romantic kind of person and I feel bad cause she see's all the thing couples do for each other been romantic and I feel its my fault and I feel soooo bad so I want to pull something huge off, not sure what it can be, but some BIG.

What do you people think?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish
Default Re: What would you do?

You should get her to fix you up some sandwiches and get you a beer, and then watch a football game together.

edit - Wait are you talking about your PMD partner?

Last edited by Psychedelic Shroomish; 09-03-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Make her cook you some food in front of her parents. Put the woman in her place!!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:31 PM
james_gotex Offline

lol Im talking about my rl partner, I had thought about having a drink and watchin tele but thats not really romantic which is the angle Im going for, and getting her to cook is a tad harsh, I thought about cooking something though, just not sure, I know one of her favourites is Spagetti Bolognase but its quite messy :D
Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_gotex View Post
lol Im talking about my rl partner, I had thought about having a drink and watchin tele but thats not really romantic which is the angle Im going for, and getting her to cook is a tad harsh, I thought about cooking something though, just not sure, I know one of her favourites is Spagetti Bolognase but its quite messy :D
Sometimes getting messy with your partner can be the perfect way to spice up a date.

So, I say go for it! Be wacky and make her cook you up some Spaghetti Bolognase!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:02 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

This isn't the greatest place to ask for advice, everyone will just fool with you. :?

However, I say just take her out to dinner or something of that sort; simple and shows you care.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:29 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

In complete contrast to what the two idiots above are saying (not counting Jr, he's cool), I say make her dinner. Doesn't have to be anything fancy or special, it doesn't even have to be all that good, just something to let her know you care.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:40 AM
Atropos Offline
Master Trainer

I think you guys should go to like a park or something. You don't have to cook or anything, just bring a couple of sandwhiches and something to drink. Walk around, feed birds, stuff like that. I always did simple stuff like that for my (ex)girlfriend, and she loved it. We still hang out at the park sometimes and do the same thing, though. It's really fun, try it!

As for the parents, I wouldn't wear anything really dressy, but no hoodies or anything. Maybe a polo or an open button-up shirt with a t-shirt underneath? Shake the dad's hand (that's required), and if the mom holds out her hand, shake her hand. Use 'Please' and 'Thank you', and all that other stuff you learn when you're like two. Smile a lot, parents love that.

I dunno, that's what I do with parents, and they all adore me to no end. Girls are even allowed to stay out late and let me be alone with them because their parents love and trust me. Being a suck-up to parents does wonders, let me tell you that right now.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:54 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Well, first, an important question: How old are you, and how old is she?

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-04-2009, 08:45 AM
LS Offline

Take her to a death metal concert.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
Take her to a death metal concert.
If my ex had done that I woulda married him.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:43 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
That made me Lulz...

Well for your meeting the parents, bit:

I would say, to get over your fears, because the mother might be all sweet and nice, but generally dad likes to play the intimidation card. I know I would. So do what I did. Man up, be brave, and shake his hand. Introduce yourself properly, and for the love of god, don't studder. A good first impression is always important. My ex-girl's dad was some higher up in the military. He was cold, and intimidating, but he respected me because of how I presented myself, and that I treated his daughter right. xD

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Blast the Stereo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Blast the Stereo Send a message via MSN to Blast the Stereo

What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on meeee?

paired with kimmi.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
In complete contrast to what the two idiots above are saying (not counting Jr, he's cool)
Alright, you officially suck. Adrenaline is cool, and Haze is cool.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:19 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
See what I mean. The chicks love it.