Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 12:10 AM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Default NOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!

my emerald deleted itself!

i tried to save one day, and it just wouldnt! so it tried to bring up the backup memory and...

"this game cannot be played anymore" is essentially what it said.

has this happened to anyone? and why?
why?
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???
WAIIIIIIIIII!!!!
whoops, that last one just slipped.

Platinum FC: 2750 9224 1685
*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Im giving up on pe2k. moving on to smogon. maybe back later, not likely.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:57 AM
james_gotex Offline

Default Re: NOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!

Pressuming it's something along the lines of you failed to save your game properly, the game you own is old and has just stopped working, or if there is a god, you done something to piss him off and now he's getting revenge.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

*Snickers at previous comment*

Ahem. Most likely the internal battery has run dry (although it shouldn't have so soon 0o). Did you drop the game or get water on it? Maybe wrestled a little bit with it in a frenzy of Pokemon attacking? Perhaps the console you used has something to do with it (a bad console can easily damage a game. My friend's Nintendo Wii stopped playing Wii games, and when they played Gamecube games it COMPLETELY WIPED THE MEMORY CARD OF EVERY GAME. So, a bad console can be even worse than a bad game, and if that's the case, your other games could be at risk.)
Old 09-01-2009, 02:30 AM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

This has happened to me before with my old Sapphire game when the game wouldn't save and no, I don't believe I got those weird boxes on the screen in the past before when it wasn't saving. It felt like that it was taking too long to save thus I got another one that will. It was all because I had inserted it in a Gameboy Advance I unintentionally shorted out when I thought I was cleaning it and that was 5 years ago. All I did was get another Gameboy Advance and Sapphire game along with Yellow in which that game was broken too. So are you sure that you'll need to buy another one or are they sure that the battery has probably run out, which is what I had just read in this thread. In fact, I agree with the last post there since this happened to me over 5 years ago and I should quote it and edit it in in this post I am writing up particularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
*Snickers at previous comment*

Ahem. Most likely the internal battery has run dry (although it shouldn't have so soon 0o). Did you drop the game or get water on it? Maybe wrestled a little bit with it in a frenzy of Pokemon attacking? Perhaps the console you used has something to do with it (a bad console can easily damage a game. My friend's Nintendo Wii stopped playing Wii games, and when they played Gamecube games it COMPLETELY WIPED THE MEMORY CARD OF EVERY GAME. So, a bad console can be even worse than a bad game, and if that's the case, your other games could be at risk.)
Edit: Oh, I didn't realize that that box or actually banner was actually in your signature. I thought it was part of the post based on my poor judgement. Well anyway, regard what I said about the weird box and banner as I didn't know what I was talking about but came up with a valid point in the end.

Last edited by SPPF_Max; 09-01-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:11 AM
gamerman5 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperErinMan View Post
my emerald deleted itself!

i tried to save one day, and it just wouldnt! so it tried to bring up the backup memory and...

"this game cannot be played anymore" is essentially what it said.

has this happened to anyone? and why?
why?
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???
WAIIIIIIIIII!!!!
whoops, that last one just slipped.
yeah that happened to me. if the game is used or you got it new from like ebay then it's a fake copy. a fake copy uses a BAD internal battery that stops working like in 1 day or less. that means you can't save the game without it deleting itself. I'm currently with a fake copy of emerald and the save filr keeps deleting. the only thing it's pretty much good for is transferring items and pokemon from it to another pokemon game because you can just forgot about actually playing the game cuz it will just keep deleting itself.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Neon_Espeon Offline
Elite Trainer

Do you know for a fact your copy is 100% real(or, maybe more accurately, didn't buy it off the internet)? If it's not a fake, then it's probably what one of the previous posters said. :x
Old 09-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerman5 View Post
yeah that happened to me. if the game is used or you got it new from like ebay then it's a fake copy. a fake copy uses a BAD internal battery that stops working like in 1 day or less. that means you can't save the game without it deleting itself. I'm currently with a fake copy of emerald and the save filr keeps deleting. the only thing it's pretty much good for is transferring items and pokemon from it to another pokemon game because you can just forgot about actually playing the game cuz it will just keep deleting itself.
Agreed. Many of my friends are complaining about their previous Pokemon games, and the problem is exactly this one. I checked their games then I found out that most of them were fake. I told them to buy original ones, even if they're expensive, originals are the best compared to fake ones. And besides, the best way is to look for it's warranty seal or the seal of originality.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Brit134444 Offline
Master Trainer

OMGoodness I feel so bad for you! I think the other people are right, though.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

thanks, everyone for your thoughts. im still really pissed off, but now i think i know why.

i bought that emerald fresh when it came out from an EB games, so all those things about 'fake copies' dont apply. thats good advice for the future though!

its been with me through thick and thin, and it was the single most played game ive ever owned.

like 700+ hours.

i know.
i have no life.

ANYWAYS.

with that knowledge, i can deduce that its most likely just run out of juice and that the gaming gods are trying to tell me to either play another game or go outside once in a while (lol @ gotex)

so now i have one last question: if i play through my emerald again, will it delete itself or is it quote 'resetted' now, so it wont delete for another 700 hours?

and if its just gonna keep deleting, what can i do/is there anything i can do to fix it?

its my favourite game of any series, ever.

even more than brawl, gotcha force and megaman battle network 6.

*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Old 09-05-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:

so now i have one last question: if i play through my emerald again, will it delete itself or is it quote 'resetted' now, so it wont delete for another 700 hours?

and if its just gonna keep deleting, what can i do/is there anything i can do to fix it?

I think the best way is to ask for warranty and look for the original seal of your game. Have a receipt and get the name of the seller who guaranteed it, so if the game broke next time, you can go back there and ask for assistance.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Sebastien Loeb Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
thanks, everyone for your thoughts. im still really pissed off, but now i think i know why.

i bought that emerald fresh when it came out from an EB games, so all those things about 'fake copies' dont apply. thats good advice for the future though!

its been with me through thick and thin, and it was the single most played game ive ever owned.

like 700+ hours.

i know.
i have no life.

ANYWAYS.

with that knowledge, i can deduce that its most likely just run out of juice and that the gaming gods are trying to tell me to either play another game or go outside once in a while (lol @ gotex)

its my favourite game of any series, ever.

even more than brawl, gotcha force and megaman battle network 6.
I am not sure of it, perhaps the problem is another.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:16 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post

I think the best way is to ask for warranty and look for the original seal of your game. Have a receipt and get the name of the seller who guaranteed it, so if the game broke next time, you can go back there and ask for assistance.
thank you for your advice, assaundrell

although i suppose i shouldnt have expected it to function perfectly for all these years, right? like most things, technology does have an expiration date :P

do you know if it will keep deleting itself?

*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Old 09-07-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
thank you for your advice, assaundrell

although i suppose i shouldnt have expected it to function perfectly for all these years, right? like most things, technology does have an expiration date :P

do you know if it will keep deleting itself?
Well, no idea, but all I can guarantee is that the original one has the seal of originality and a warranty seal.
I know how it feels if the game deleted itself (it happened to me once, I almost turned insane!) but make sure to ask the seller if it is an original one.