Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 09-25-2009, 03:00 AM
Dragoness Offline

Default Re: General Park Discussion/Feedback/Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
Not really a matter of "could be done" or not, but a matter of "how much work" you put in as a Ranger. Covering up one Trainer's Main RP/Individual RP wise is pretty much hectic enough. If you really want to do Group RPs(with your friends/etc) or sorts, then you'd be better off waiting for a Mission to pop up or something.

-T17
"Mission"? We're gonna have missions? Why wasn't I informed!? J/K

It would be a lot of work and some/most Rangers would not want that added work even if they were offered double the pay. Some might go ahead and take a couple people through together, but we'd have a problem of not enough Rangers willing to do group RPs vs. a lot of people wanting to do them. Which would result in a mess, even if we tried to say "Only X amount of people can do group RPs, sign-up now!" That might work if it was limited, but IDK. Still seems a little iffy /shrug.

EDIT: Oh! The individual RPs don't effect the main RP, so would anyone care if I discovered the opening to an ancient tomb? Or remains of a city?

Last edited by Dragoness; 09-25-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
"Mission"? We're gonna have missions? Why wasn't I informed!? J/K

It would be a lot of work and some/most Rangers would not want that added work even if they were offered double the pay. Some might go ahead and take a couple people through together, but we'd have a problem of not enough Rangers willing to do group RPs vs. a lot of people wanting to do them. Which would result in a mess, even if we tried to say "Only X amount of people can do group RPs, sign-up now!" That might work if it was limited, but IDK. Still seems a little iffy /shrug.

EDIT: Oh! The individual RPs don't effect the main RP, so would anyone care if I discovered the opening to an ancient tomb? Or remains of a city?
^^' Finding an ancient tomb might be all right, but the remains of a city would be more like something to reveal as a major plot point in the Main RP.

Also, we COULD do something akin to FFAs. If a Ranger feels like taking the time, they could take x amount of Trainers through all at once (given that everyone's going to the same place). It would be a lot of work and effort for everyone involved; Rangers would definitely get extra money for doing something like this, and Trainers would probably get a little extra, too. I can discuss the matter with the others and see what we can come up with.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

In the Pokemon Locations thread, where it says that a certain HM is required (required, not recommended), does it mean you can't enter that location without that particular HM? I'm assuming so, but I'd like to make sure.

<3
Old 10-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium View Post
In the Pokemon Locations thread, where it says that a certain HM is required (required, not recommended), does it mean you can't enter that location without that particular HM? I'm assuming so, but I'd like to make sure.
Apparently, having those HMs(taught to the Pokemon you're bringing in) was sort of a plus point to guide to you places where you're able to meet better Pokemon(Encounters) or crack some Plot(RP wise). But with the Encounters rolled before hand(and witnessed by certain Staff Members), I still assume it would work that way. Even if you don't have it, I'd say not to worry too much. It won't affect anything majorly. Since its mostly up to the Ranger(who's guiding you/etc).

-T17

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 10-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Question: I'm a temp. Do I have to wait to be reviewed before I can take another trainer?

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Yup. All Rangers with a temporary license will have their posts reviewed after they've finished their first walk-through. Depending on how they did, they'll either be made a full-time Ranger, be given an extension for their license (read; they'll get to take another Trainer through before being re-evaluated), or they'll lose their license and be required to take another Test.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but Taillow and Swellow have been moved to Outer Heaven. Rangers, if you've got a Trainer in the Woods right now and they've run into Taillow or Swellow, that's fine. Don't redo your rolls. Just go with what you have for your current rolls.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer View Post
Yup. All Rangers with a temporary license will have their posts reviewed after they've finished their first walk-through. Depending on how they did, they'll either be made a full-time Ranger, be given an extension for their license (read; they'll get to take another Trainer through before being re-evaluated), or they'll lose their license and be required to take another Test.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but Taillow and Swellow have been moved to Outer Heaven. Rangers, if you've got a Trainer in the Woods right now and they've run into Taillow or Swellow, that's fine. Don't redo your rolls. Just go with what you have for your current rolls.
Okay, looks like I'm playing the waiting game then.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 10-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
Okay, looks like I'm playing the waiting game then.
:3 I'll look over your posts 'n' stuff as soon as I get a chance.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-05-2009, 01:05 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

I remember seeing someone ask this before, but I don't remember what the answer was. So this is my question to y'all: can we use the items we bought when Bron 'opened' the before or do we have to buy entirely new ones?

edit: Erm, nevermind. I see I'll have buy new Park Balls since they're different now. But, anything we can do with the old ones to get anything for them or something? XD
Old 10-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
I remember seeing someone ask this before, but I don't remember what the answer was. So this is my question to y'all: can we use the items we bought when Bron 'opened' the before or do we have to buy entirely new ones?

edit: Erm, nevermind. I see I'll have buy new Park Balls since they're different now. But, anything we can do with the old ones to get anything for them or something? XD
I don't know if this is still going, but I'm pretty sure it is, as it makes no sense to stop it until everyone dumps off their old items.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...4&postcount=44
Old 10-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

!!!ATTENTION!!!

Due to concerns voiced by members of the URPG Staff about how easy it might be to get Pokemon, I've decided to enforce an edited Capture Rate to determine when Pokemon are captured. It's located in the Ranger subboard; here is a link to it.

From now on, all Rangers must use this when a Trainer tries to capture a Pokemon. In order to have the roll be official (in order to keep Rangers from cheating and not rolling or whatever), all capture rolls must be witnessed by a URPG Staff member (or another Ranger). I know this seems inconvenient and all, but otherwise it's too easy for a Ranger to not roll and say they did, or to make a roll that doesn't let the Mon be caught but still let the Trainer catch it. All approval posts must be posted here.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-05-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
!!!ATTENTION!!!

Due to concerns voiced by members of the URPG Staff about how easy it might be to get Pokemon, I've decided to enforce an edited Capture Rate to determine when Pokemon are captured. It's located in the Ranger subboard; here is a link to it.

From now on, all Rangers must use this when a Trainer tries to capture a Pokemon. In order to have the roll be official (in order to keep Rangers from cheating and not rolling or whatever), all capture rolls must be witnessed by a URPG Staff member (or another Ranger). I know this seems inconvenient and all, but otherwise it's too easy for a Ranger to not roll and say they did, or to make a roll that doesn't let the Mon be caught but still let the Trainer catch it. All approval posts must be posted here.
It is very inconvenient. I also suspect it will drive some new rangers away. Oh well, we'll see. Maybe it won't be so bad after all...
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
It is very inconvenient. I also suspect it will drive some new rangers away. Oh well, we'll see. Maybe it won't be so bad after all...
What is inconvenient? The fact that the roll has to be witnessed? Well, since the activity is rather low at the moment, it won't prove too much of a problem, so I don't see how it can "drive new rangers away", as you put it.

Chances are, as there will be new rangers and activity picks up, that we won't need to approve the rolls anymore. That's, however, if the Rangers can be trusted not to judge on bias. And unfortunatly, we'll have to trust everyone on this matter.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

I think she means that we have to use the new capture rate, actually.

When you think about it though, it's nothing compared to all the formula refs have to deal with, and we have plenty of people trying to become refs. I don't think it'll chase new Rangers away; it'll just take them a little time to get used to it is all.

If this turns out to be too much of a hassle or doesn't work out very well, we'll drop it and try something else.

I'm only doing this because some people thought it was too easy to get Mon from the Park. I personally don't agree, but unless I get a chance to discuss the matter with the concerned parties and get the go-ahead to do things how we were doing them before, we'll just go with this for now.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
I think she means that we have to use the new capture rate, actually.

When you think about it though, it's nothing compared to all the formula refs have to deal with, and we have plenty of people trying to become refs. I don't think it'll chase new Rangers away; it'll just take them a little time to get used to it is all.

If this turns out to be too much of a hassle or doesn't work out very well, we'll drop it and try something else.

I'm only doing this because some people thought it was too easy to get Mon from the Park. I personally don't agree, but unless I get a chance to discuss the matter with the concerned parties and get the go-ahead to do things how we were doing them before, we'll just go with this for now.
Yet we don't have as many people trying to become RPers/judges (aka, Rangers)

The formula is fairly easy to understand, but it looks slightly intimidating. That's what I meant. Even though refs do have to deal with a lot of formulas, we're not trying to be refs, are we? :)

And btw...find those concerned parties and please discuss it with them! :) Ty...

@DG: what do you mean activity is kinda low? We have seven people lined up to go into the Park o.O