Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 12-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16
Default Re: General Park Discussion/Feedback/Questions

Since everyone forgets Pe2k :[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
We need more Rangers @__@...

At any rate, I have an announcement to make, one I've been meaning to do for a while. As of now, the Rare/Special Ranks will be split into separate Ranks with different MCRs, which will be like this:

Rare: 35k MCR
Special: 45k MCR

Because we already have separate rates for the Ranks we don't need to worry about modifying the Encounter Roll system.

This change takes effect immediately for all battle currently going on in the Park. If you're currently battling a Rare or Special Mon, you do NOT have to reach 56k; you only need to reach the amended MCR for whatever Rank Pokemon you're battling.

As for reducing MCRs, you can still only reduce up to 20% from any Pokemon's MCR. For Rare you'll be able to remove up to 7,000 characters and for Special you'll be able to remove up to 9,000 characters.

EDIT: Also, to prevent anyone from flinging accusations, since I myself am currently battling an Aerodactyl, I'll be refraining from this and will be instead aiming for the current 56k MCR. This way no one can say I'm implementing this now for my own gain.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

I actually meant to post that and forgot because I got distracted by something else XD.

Anyways, here's something else:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Another announcement!

After it was brought to my attention that the capture-rate calc was acting wonky, I asked DU if he might be able to whip yet another one up for us. He did so in less than a day. I've done a few calculations and everything seems in working order.

You'll notice that the new calc looks more like the reffing calc now and it's no longer an Excel one. The only thing you really have to keep in mind are the "Quality" and "Residual Characters" field, which you HAVE to put a number in for, even if it's 0. Also, "Quality" obviously equals the Quality bonus modifier.

I'll edit the link to the calc. Everyone also go thank DU lol.
^^

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 12-18-2010, 10:32 AM
IceKyurem Offline

Default n00bish question

I have a question which might be a bit n00bish. If your Pokemon has two abilities (like a Trapinch can have Arena Trap or Hyper Cutter), can you use one for one park visit, then the other for the next? To make it clearer, here's an example.

Trainer Y has a Trapinch which she enters the park with. She decides to make it have Arena Trap. Bla bla bla, she comes out of the park. Then she visits again, this time making her Trapinch have Hyper Cutter. Can Trainer Y do this, or does she have to stick with Arena Trap?
Done @ 369

Am I the only person on PE2K who likes Inazuma Eleven?
Old 12-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16
Default Re: n00bish question

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKyurem View Post
I have a question which might be a bit n00bish. If your Pokemon has two abilities (like a Trapinch can have Arena Trap or Hyper Cutter), can you use one for one park visit, then the other for the next? To make it clearer, here's an example.

Trainer Y has a Trapinch which she enters the park with. She decides to make it have Arena Trap. Bla bla bla, she comes out of the park. Then she visits again, this time making her Trapinch have Hyper Cutter. Can Trainer Y do this, or does she have to stick with Arena Trap?
Natures are permanent, abilities are not, so you can use either ability every time you go in [:.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:35 PM
IceKyurem Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
Natures are permanent, abilities are not, so you can use either ability every time you go in [:.
Thanks! Now I know, I'll go enter the park admission area.
Wait, do we have to buy Pokeballs if we want to catch Pokemon? Or do we automatically have Pokeballs on hand?
Done @ 369

Last edited by IceKyurem; 12-18-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Quote:
Thanks! Now I know, I'll go enter the park admission area.
Wait, do we have to buy Pokeballs if we want to catch Pokemon? Or do we automatically have Pokeballs on hand?
You have to buy them. Check out our shop.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 AM
IceKyurem Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
You have to buy them. Check out our shop.
Do we have to buy Park Balls, or are any types of Pokeballs allowed in the National Park?
Done @ 369

Old 12-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Do we have to buy Park Balls, or are any types of Pokeballs allowed in the National Park?
There are 3 kinds of Pokeballs we use for capturing Pokemon in the Park. They are Parkball (the basic one), Superball (advanced than a Parkball) and finally Hyperball (the best). Yes, you have to buy them. The shop can be found here. You can also check out some other stuff as well!

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 03-19-2011, 05:24 PM
TsukiKaiki64 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to TsukiKaiki64 Send a message via Yahoo to TsukiKaiki64

I have two questions!

One, since I was once a ranger but then went inactive, do I need to retake the Ranger Quiz or just the Ranger Test?

Two, if I bring an unevolved Pokemon into the Park and then it evolves (in a battle or something), is the one in the Park still going to be unevolved?
Like, I bring a Dewott then I battle some and it evolves (in my stats), but I still want to have a Dewott in the Park....

Merci et au revoir!
-Tsuki

EDIT; Oh, and since I'm a lazy bum and don't want to go reread everything about the Park, what has changed since I was last here? Things I should know about, at least.

EDIT;; Another edit, but meh. Is it possible to change the nature of your Pokemon if you are chaning your Park character and whatnot? I know it says not to... but I want to change some of their natures now that I have those Pokemon in my games...

Paired with my love, the incredibly awesome and amazingly fantastic Shock <3
Black and White Teams

Black FC: Alexa, 5243 2120 8993

Last edited by TsukiKaiki64; 03-19-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukiKaiki64 View Post
I have two questions!

One, since I was once a ranger but then went inactive, do I need to retake the Ranger Quiz or just the Ranger Test?

Two, if I bring an unevolved Pokemon into the Park and then it evolves (in a battle or something), is the one in the Park still going to be unevolved?
Like, I bring a Dewott then I battle some and it evolves (in my stats), but I still want to have a Dewott in the Park....

Merci et au revoir!
-Tsuki

EDIT; Oh, and since I'm a lazy bum and don't want to go reread everything about the Park, what has changed since I was last here? Things I should know about, at least.

EDIT;; Another edit, but meh. Is it possible to change the nature of your Pokemon if you are chaning your Park character and whatnot? I know it says not to... but I want to change some of their natures now that I have those Pokemon in my games...

Hey dollface! You still need to retake the Quiz then the Test (both of which you can send to me ;])

Yes, it'll stay the way you brought it in.

IM me on AIM and I'll tell you what's changed.

No, you still can't change it ;[

Old 03-26-2011, 05:04 AM
bleepbloop Offline

Send a message via AIM to bleepbloop

howdy peeps! its been a while for me here but i was wondering if say i have a poke who doesn't have an hm like my lapras w/o surf, but it can obviously ferry people across water, or say a machamp w/o strength or w/e do they still need the corrisponding hms?

My awesome nooby Urpg stats -==-==- my awesome nooby ASB stats i'm accepting all aim battles just pm me if you want one
Old 03-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleepbloop View Post
howdy peeps! its been a while for me here but i was wondering if say i have a poke who doesn't have an hm like my lapras w/o surf, but it can obviously ferry people across water, or say a machamp w/o strength or w/e do they still need the corrisponding hms?
Welcome Back,

Mostly it's up to the Rangers whether they ask to use HM's. If you don't have HM's you can still go into the park and enjoy it. To your Question, I believe you need to the HM to get across the lake or move the boulder. However there are always alternate methods, for example, To cross a lake and you don't have the HM, there could be a boat nearby to cross the Lake with. There always more alternate methods. Hope that answered your Question

Spoiler:
Old 03-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleepbloop View Post
No actually, they're "recommended" for a reason ^^. The HMs just make that action much easier; for example, Lapras using Surf can move faster and be more agile than it just swimming normally, and a Machamp using Strength can push large boulders with greater ease than just using its normal physical strength. I should probably edit the Parkpedia w/ that info really, you're not the first person who's asked.

Also, here's something from BMG:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me lol
Edited Cursed Body so that any attack may trigger it, not just Physical ones.

Also, if Trainers are becoming more scarce, I'm more than open to axing the one-week rule for a while to see how it works out. We'll consider that rule rescinded as of now. I'll keep an eye on how busy Rangers get over the next few weeks and make sure people aren't getting rarer Pokemon too quickly, but it shouldn't be much of a problem. Mainly the rule was put into place at the beginning of the Park's opening because we had a much smaller number of Rangers. Since the ranks have expanded there shouldn't be a problem letting Trainers come back as often as they like.
So Trainers, get out to the Park more if you want to! :D

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Rosa98325 Offline
New Trainer

Default Reply

I like this thread so much.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:13 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

This is just a note to everyone who had an expedition over on BMG. They're apparently going to be brought over here, so please don't panic and chase people down. Everything is on its way over, just be patient.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly