Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:26 AM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Default Game Project Boards

If you haven't notice but the Game Project boards is full of n00b projects with just SPAM for example

Quote:
im making a mario hack and i need ideas for levs ive finished 2
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=92632

So I was wondering if we could set the boards up like the Mixed: Graphic Art/Mixed: Sprite Art were u need to get a mods approval and also have a mim post count.

-Craig

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:47 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: Game Project Boards

I thought they were already like this, given the inactivity of the board. Seems that I was wrong. :O I don't think it's too late though; I reckon that this will clear up the spam threads. Yes, do it. :D
Old 08-26-2009, 05:18 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

i noticed said board go an epic revival XD
Old 08-26-2009, 05:36 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

The board is fairly dead, so thread approval won't be necessary. Not even sure if any of us Mods check the board at all.

I'll check things out for now. Don't hesitate to report bad threads when you see them.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 08-26-2009, 07:37 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

If you find a mod who's interested in helping things get organized, that's a start.

Another idea is to take leadership in the section, and with a bit of mod help using stickied threads and the like, the section can gain in activity. We're here to make sure the forum isn't spammed. Any member, however, has the ability to lead the community.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers View Post
The board is fairly dead, so thread approval won't be necessary. Not even sure if any of us Mods check the board at all.

I'll check things out for now. Don't hesitate to report bad threads when you see them.

~Jack~
That is true, but if game projects have to go through approval, mods would be more likely to check the board. Besides, I'd rather have a really inactive board than an active board full of spam. I'm sure most of us would feel that way, too. And it'd save us normal members much hassle of reporting and you mods of deleting spam threads. :3

In short, prevention is better than cure.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
If you find a mod who's interested in helping things get organized, that's a start.

Another idea is to take leadership in the section, and with a bit of mod help using stickied threads and the like, the section can gain in activity. We're here to make sure the forum isn't spammed. Any member, however, has the ability to lead the community.
I'm just about the only one who posts there xD and I report the spam threads every 2 secs :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
That is true, but if game projects have to go through approval, mods would be more likely to check the board. Besides, I'd rather have a really inactive board than an active board full of spam. I'm sure most of us would feel that way, too. And it'd save us normal members much hassle of reporting and you mods of deleting spam threads. :3

In short, prevention is better than cure.
That's what I was thinking... Maybe if Members saw projects that looked a little more professional insted of stupied SPAM projects then just maybe, the gameproject boards can relive its amazing days with projects like LBOM *until the founder...er... no comment *

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.