Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Pokyrium Offline

Default ``Pokyriums Sprite ShowCase

Pokyriums ShowCase
Please feel free to use my pokemon sprites, but please give me credit for making them. Thank you.

If there is a sprite/recoulor/etc.. that you would like to see, please tell me.

Last edited by Pokyrium; 12-10-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: ``Pokyriums Sprite ShowCase

There's no need to start a gallery if you only have three/four sprites. xD But oh well. You also don't need to include the pokemon you used to create yours; frankly I find it a little unnecessary and it takes up space. However, I do like them. But not much can go wrong for properly done recolours, and you can't really critique them. xD You should try some disguises sometime. :D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Pokyrium Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
There's no need to start a gallery if you only have three/four sprites. xD But oh well. You also don't need to include the pokemon you used to create yours; frankly I find it a little unnecessary and it takes up space. However, I do like them. But not much can go wrong for properly done recolours, and you can't really critique them. xD You should try some disguises sometime. :D

~GS.
Thanks for the tip, the only thing about any of these that I do not like is the Magmoratars rings from the medicham, I might just improve them.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Ooh, wait...you do know how to recolour properly? The regigigas... You missed an entire shade from that rotom. o.o It goes from the lightest shade to the darkest. I strongly suggest you redo that. And do you see how you left some pixels near the right side around the leg light? You can see that they're out of place, can't you? They need to be dark, because they're outlines. Recolour them. You must always recolour coloured lines of a sprite. It's part of the recolouring process.

The fusion...thing of an arbok and that other pokemon whose name I don't know, is really oddly done. The body/head thing does not look like it fits appropriately with the rest of the snake-like body, and the shading is reeeally confusing. When randomly cutting and pasting, you have to remember to reshade everything to suit one light source. Also, see how most of the sprite has black outlines, except the beartic headpiece and the blue outlines around the face and underside? That does not match, and neither is it creating an accurate scope of the shading. The way it connects to the snake body is just wrong... Dx Sorry to say, but it doesn't fit at all, and the shading...is really muddled and needs to be fixed. On top of all this, you saved it as a jpg file. Dx You must NEVER save sprites in jpg. It stuffs them up and makes them hideous quality. Save in png instead.

If you're unsure of how to do recolours or fusions, just let me know and I can point you towards some tutorials. :]

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Pokyrium Offline

Quote:
Ooh, wait...you do know how to recolour properly? The regigigas... You missed an entire shade from that rotom. o.o It goes from the lightest shade to the darkest. I strongly suggest you redo that. And do you see how you left some pixels near the right side around the leg light? You can see that they're out of place, can't you? They need to be dark, because they're outlines. Recolour them. You must always recolour coloured lines of a sprite. It's part of the recolouring process.

The fusion...thing of an arbok and that other pokemon whose name I don't know, is really oddly done. The body/head thing does not look like it fits appropriately with the rest of the snake-like body, and the shading is reeeally confusing. When randomly cutting and pasting, you have to remember to reshade everything to suit one light source. Also, see how most of the sprite has black outlines, except the beartic headpiece and the blue outlines around the face and underside? That does not match, and neither is it creating an accurate scope of the shading. The way it connects to the snake body is just wrong... Dx Sorry to say, but it doesn't fit at all, and the shading...is really muddled and needs to be fixed. On top of all this, you saved it as a jpg file. Dx You must NEVER save sprites in jpg. It stuffs them up and makes them hideous quality. Save in png instead.

If you're unsure of how to do recolours or fusions, just let me know and I can point you towards some tutorials. :]

~GS.

Old sprite I did a ear ago, thanks though. Not to be rude, but I like the regigigas and plan to keep it. Thanks though.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokyrium View Post
Old sprite I did a ear ago, thanks though. Not to be rude, but I like the regigigas and plan to keep it. Thanks though.
I suggest posting new ones then, so that you can show us how you've improved. :] Also, you might want to, when you edit your posts with new sprites, also post them in a new post so that I know which ones are new and such. xD And that's okay. You're entitiled to your opinion, but remember that I am experienced, so my advice will help you.

Ooh...that drapion you coloured like a luminion? The shades are far too dark in many places, and I suggest you lighten the dark shades so that they fit better. The purple luminion looks great, though. :D And I really like the porygon-Z as well. Nicely recoloured. But yo usee how your bulbasaur has random pixels of light amonst the dark blue? You need to recolour them as well. Also, if you ever run out of shades (I notice you subtracted the light shading from the bulbasaur's head), you can always go to "Color" -> "More Colors..." and then "Define Custom Colors >>" and choose a lighter shade.

Feel free to post them in the General Spriter's Showcase as well. More people might see them there. :]

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Pokyrium Offline

Quote:

I suggest posting new ones then, so that you can show us how you've improved. :] Also, you might want to, when you edit your posts with new sprites, also post them in a new post so that I know which ones are new and such. xD And that's okay. You're entitiled to your opinion, but remember that I am experienced, so my advice will help you.

Ooh...that drapion you coloured like a luminion? The shades are far too dark in many places, and I suggest you lighten the dark shades so that they fit better. The purple luminion looks great, though. :D And I really like the porygon-Z as well. Nicely recoloured. But yo usee how your bulbasaur has random pixels of light amonst the dark blue? You need to recolour them as well. Also, if you ever run out of shades (I notice you subtracted the light shading from the bulbasaur's head), you can always go to "Color" -> "More Colors..." and then "Define Custom Colors >>" and choose a lighter shade.

Feel free to post them in the General Spriter's Showcase as well. More people might see them there. :]

~GS.
Thanks for the tip.

I put those little dots there because I probably thought it was matching with that color, Will fix. Also will touch up the Drapion.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:26 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokyrium View Post
Thanks for the tip.

I put those little dots there because I probably thought it was matching with that color, Will fix. Also will touch up the Drapion.
No worries. ^^

Those dots are, on the original pokemon sprite, the darkest shade of the palette (beside black). But you do know I'm talking about the four pixels, not the splotches of darker blue which are normally on a bulbasaur.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!