Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Pokemon RPG's Ľ Pokemon Ultra RPG Ľ General Ľ Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:40 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: URPG Contests - Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtaroBot View Post
[$750] Red Pokeblock; Luster 20; Coolness 12
[$750] Blue Pokeblock; Luster 20; Beauty 12
[$750] Pink Pokeblock; Luster 20; Cuteness 12
[$750] Green Pokeblock; Luster 20; Smartness 12
[$750] Yellow Pokeblock; Luster 20; Toughness 12
[$1750] Purple Pokeblock; Luster 23; Coolness 38; Beauty 12
[$1750] Indigo Pokeblock; Luster 23; Beauty 38; Cuteness 12
[$1750] Brown Pokeblock; Luster 23; Cuteness 38; Smartness 12
[$1750] LiteBlue Pokeblock; Luster 23; Smartness 38; Toughness 12
[$1750] Olive Pokeblock; Luster 23; Toughness 38; Coolness 12
[$3000] Reddish-Gold Pokeblock; Luster 38; Coolness 64; Beauty 25
[$3000] Blueish-Gold Pokeblock; Luster 38; Beauty 64; Cuteness 25
[$3000] Pinkish-Gold Pokeblock; Luster 38; Cuteness 64; Smartness 25
[$3000] Greenish-Gold Pokeblock; Luster 38; Smartness 64; Toughless 25
[$3000] Yellowish-Gold Pokeblock; Luster 38; Coolness 64; Beauty 25
[$4000] Pinkish-Gray Pokeblock; Luster 49; Cuteness 75; Coolness 36; Toughness 23

What I have so far, after discussing with DG. Might add new flavors in the near future.

I like that. I definitely like that a lot. Go Ataro!

As in... go ahead and put those in.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 09-05-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
I'm thinking along the lines of introducing pre-blended Pokeblocks, like I said earlier, and maybe a tournament around Winter as suggested by others. Also, a set DQ limit (for that certain round) for people who don't send in time.
DQ is set at 5 days. Forum Contest Rules:
Quote:
7- Inactivity will play a large roll. If you don’t call a move after 5 days, your turn will be skipped. Your Pokemon will still be under attack though.
Also... bam! My own alternative to Berries and Pokeblocks. Mentioned to Kim and DG, but now for public opinion. Whatcha think?

Blending Hall

Payment: (pricing debatable)
$2,000 per 50 Attribute Points

You enter your Pokemon to the hall, where our Blending Assistant feeds your Pokemon the appropriate Pokeblocks to gain the Attributes you want, spread in 1, 2, 3, 4, or all 5 Attributes. 125 is still the limit per each.

Luster. So each payment will be rolled for Luster from 10-42.
10-14 (1-5%) 1% each number
15-19 (6-10%) 1%
20-27 (11-26%) 2%
28-35 (27-66%) 5%
36-43 (67-99%) 4%

An extra fee of $1,000 can be paid for your Pokemon to receive gourmet Pokeblocks, meaning only rolls in the lowest three (10-27 @ about 4% each) will count. The lower the Luster, the more you will be able to visit, the better your Pokemon becomes.

You can visit whenever you want and are not limited to the number of Pokemon entered at once. (1 or 10, doesn't matter as long as you have money.) Once Luster reaches it’s maximum (255), that Pokemon can’t eat any more Pokeblocks.

And of course, we’ll keep the Attribute removal fee if you want to start over: $1,000.

Example:
If I put in Stantler, I can put 50 points anywhere. I rolled Luster 41.

Cool: 25/125 | Beauty: 0/125 | Cute: 0/125 | Smart: 0/125 | Tough: 25/125

And after 8 payments, it may look like this:

Cool: 125/125 | Beauty: 50/125 | Cute: 50/125 | Smart: 50/125 | Tough: 125/125

41, 22, 14, 25, 32, 38, 42, 39 = Luster 253/255. That’s 400 points!

Why this?
It’s about the same price blocks. Maybe 500 extra. You are paying for the extra freedom of choice and higher stat chance.

You have a better chance getting low Luster and higher stats than by making Pokeblocks. With the fee, even better.

Most people don’t know about contests and blending, they just want to participate and have fun. I think this is easy enough for everyone to understand without having to figure out what berries are needed to blend to get the best. I thought it was funny when Kim stole someone else’s berry blend order ‘cause he didn’t get it.

Berries could be removed from Contests and put in the Pokemart for battle/park use only, thus changing those prices (maybe).

Eliminates confusion with spicy, dry, sweet, bitter, and sour mixing conversions. We also won't have to rely on an outside site for calculations.

If we do this, winners won’t be able to win berries after the contest. The Free Berry thread will also be closed.

I swear it's not as complex as it looks.

~Jack~

-| Links |-

Last edited by Jack of Clovers; 09-15-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Brit134444 Offline
Master Trainer

I do not think they are dead! I see people in them all the time!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit134444 View Post
I do not think they are dead! I see people in them all the time!
That's because they just recently were revitalized. Before there was around one contest every three months.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:53 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Ataro kindly volunteered to update the berry list and add pre-blended pokeblocks so that the system is easier to use.

DG has updated the RS and DP rules threads and is updating the quiz for judges as well.

Jack posted a suggestion here. Please post your thoughts.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 09-17-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:24 AM
AmericanTreeFrog Offline

Send a message via AIM to AmericanTreeFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers View Post

DQ is set at 5 days. Forum Contest Rules:

Also... bam! My own alternative to Berries and Pokeblocks. Mentioned to Kim and DG, but now for public opinion. Whatcha think?

Blending Hall

Payment: (pricing debatable)
$2,000 per 50 Attribute Points

You enter your Pokemon to the hall, where our Blending Assistant feeds your Pokemon the appropriate Pokeblocks to gain the Attributes you want, spread in 1, 2, 3, 4, or all 5 Attributes. 125 is still the limit per each.

Luster. So each payment will be rolled for Luster from 10-42.
10-14 (1-5%) 1% each number
15-19 (6-10%) 1%
20-27 (11-26%) 2%
28-35 (27-66%) 5%
36-43 (67-99%) 4%

An extra fee of $1,000 can be paid for your Pokemon to receive gourmet Pokeblocks, meaning only rolls in the lowest three (10-27 @ about 4% each) will count. The lower the Luster, the more you will be able to visit, the better your Pokemon becomes.

You can visit whenever you want and are not limited to the number of Pokemon entered at once. (1 or 10, doesn't matter as long as you have money.) Once Luster reaches itís maximum (255), that Pokemon canít eat any more Pokeblocks.

And of course, weíll keep the Attribute removal fee if you want to start over: $1,000.

Example:
If I put in Stantler, I can put 50 points anywhere. I rolled Luster 41.

Cool: 25/125 | Beauty: 0/125 | Cute: 0/125 | Smart: 0/125 | Tough: 25/125

And after 8 payments, it may look like this:

Cool: 125/125 | Beauty: 50/125 | Cute: 50/125 | Smart: 50/125 | Tough: 125/125

41, 22, 14, 25, 32, 38, 42, 39 = Luster 253/255. Thatís 400 points!

Why this?
Itís about the same price blocks. Maybe 500 extra. You are paying for the extra freedom of choice and higher stat chance.

You have a better chance getting low Luster and higher stats than by making Pokeblocks. With the fee, even better.

Most people donít know about contests and blending, they just want to participate and have fun. I think this is easy enough for everyone to understand without having to figure out what berries are needed to blend to get the best. I thought it was funny when Kim stole someone elseís berry blend order Ďcause he didnít get it.

Berries could be removed from Contests and put in the Pokemart for battle/park use only, thus changing those prices (maybe).

Eliminates confusion with spicy, dry, sweet, bitter, and sour mixing conversions. We also won't have to rely on an outside site for calculations.

If we do this, winners wonít be able to win berries after the contest. The Free Berry thread will also be closed.

I swear it's not as complex as it looks.

~Jack~

I like this idea, make getting the Pokeblocks simple, and it reminds of the daycare which already works fine.

Other URPG site (more active): http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net
Old 09-17-2009, 03:44 AM
Dragoness Offline

Okay, okay! I finally read all of that. Dare I say, it looks like an awesome idea. I am not an expert on berry blending, but I usually understand it enough to get what I want. I don't like the idea of having to pay more, as I am a cheapskate, I mean, as some know pretty much how to do this and could save their money by just picking and blending.

However, as it would save a fair bit of time, I am for it. Long as it doesn't cost more than that "500" total!

~Dragoness

P.S. I have a question. Since we won't get berries when we win anymore, why not get a free credit towards getting a Poke Block?

Winner: 2k towards getting this new Poke'Block (tho that may be a little much)
Second: 1.5k
Third: 1k
Fourth: .5k

These prices can be ADJUSTED, but hopefully you get the idea. A free berry helps; this will replace the berry. A coupon, of sorts.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:40 PM
AUfan Offline

so, uh, i guess what i dont understand is why u guys think all that is necessary? i mean we have managed to revive contests and i think it is perfectly fine the way it is. the only think i would change is not having contests based on "rank". this would make it far easier to go for super, hyper, and master level ribbons. (ex: instead of having normal rank beauty contests, we just have "beauty contests" and whoever wins gets the next ribbon in that category). i dont know if prize money and stuff changes based on the "rank" of the contest taking place, but if it does, then we could just standardize the prize money for all contests.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:28 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

I get what you're saying, AUfan. But we don't want it to be too easy, there has to be some challenge to gaining ranks. People don't play for long if they aren't challenged. I think the '3 wins, go to next rank' system is pretty good, and as more people participate, we'll get more people to the upper ranks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
I like this idea, make getting the Pokeblocks simple, and it reminds of the daycare which already works fine.
That's what I based the idea on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
These prices can be ADJUSTED, but hopefully you get the idea. A free berry helps; this will replace the berry. A coupon, of sorts.
Prices could be changed if it's needed. Having battles is probably the best way to earn money in any activity here. As I started saying up there, the more active contests become, the more we will know what is working and what needs to be changed.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 09-19-2009, 04:37 PM
AUfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers
I get what you're saying, AUfan. But we don't want it to be too easy, there has to be some challenge to gaining ranks. People don't play for long if they aren't challenged. I think the '3 wins, go to next rank' system is pretty good, and as more people participate, we'll get more people to the upper ranks.
O, ok, i misunderstood how the contest ribbon tier worked. I thought that in order to participate in a super rank contest, 4 people with pokemon with normal rank ribbons of that attribute (cool, beauty, smart, etc) had to somehow get together. So what you are saying is that if one of my pokemon wins three normal rank contests it can move on to a super rank contest? For example, my Cyndaquil has a normal rank tough, cool, and beauty ribbon. Does this mean it can participate in super rank contests for just those three attributes (tough, cool, and beauty)? or does this mean that Cyndaquil can participate in any super rank contest, including super rank smart and cute contests.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:56 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUfan View Post
O, ok, i misunderstood how the contest ribbon tier worked. I thought that in order to participate in a super rank contest, 4 people with pokemon with normal rank ribbons of that attribute (cool, beauty, smart, etc) had to somehow get together. So what you are saying is that if one of my pokemon wins three normal rank contests it can move on to a super rank contest? For example, my Cyndaquil has a normal rank tough, cool, and beauty ribbon. Does this mean it can participate in super rank contests for just those three attributes (tough, cool, and beauty)? or does this mean that Cyndaquil can participate in any super rank contest, including super rank smart and cute contests.
The second one, I believe. Your pokemon can enter any contest, as long as it has 3 ribbons.

It makes it so much easier to have higher ranks contests ^^

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
The second one, I believe. Your pokemon can enter any contest, as long as it has 3 ribbons.

It makes it so much easier to have higher ranks contests ^^
Actually, from what I can gather from the rules, the attributes are still separated. Although it is confusing, since Jack did accept a rule change in one of the threads, yet never edited the rule thread. So, technically, you still need 3 of a ribbon to participate in the rank above, and it only counts for that attribute.

Don't blame me; blame the rules.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Oh, I forgot about approving that rule change, which didn't help the activity at all, heh. I never put it into effect because leadership changed hands at that time.

So. Cyndaquil, for example, can participate in a Super contest with the 3 Ribbons it earned, but only in the Attribute(s) it has won a Ribbon with: Tough, Cool, and Beauty. You'd have to win a Normal Smart and Cute to participate in those at the Super rank.

~Jack~

-| Links |-