Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Alienshroom Offline

Default Re: Gold/Silver/Crystal Game Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorelax View Post
is there a cheat for a complete pokedex?
With a gameshar kyes other than that no.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:37 PM
pkmn trainer Vincent Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to pkmn trainer Vincent Send a message via Yahoo to pkmn trainer Vincent

I don't like Silver and Gold, purely because the pokemon take too long to raise, and the duplication cheat also takes to long.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:16 AM
hell rider Offline
Experienced Trainer

kinda sad how i never got a pidgey, and i have 27 pkmn caught 198 seen.. i have 16 badges. beat red, and just finished beating elite 4 for the like 20th time lol... 3 lvl 100 kadabras that can 1hit KO everything in the league... (insept houndoom, i only have ice punch that effects him) i once saw a red butterfry and never really knew about shinys... plus that was the first time i played... my usuually line up is:

KADABRA LVL 100

KADABRA LVL 100

FERALIGATR LVL 80

LUGIA LVL 40

DRAGONAIR LVL 45 (training to 70)

SNORELAX LVL 50 (i dont train him, hes my back up defence chub)

and i really mean it, it owns...
like my move sets are usually

pychic, psybeam, (then switch to lugia) aero blast, pychic,

(switch to feraligatr) matters, if vsing rock i use hydro pump or ice punch, but if vsing grass ice punch) (switch to snorelax) i use rest, sleep talk, snore, wake up, body slam, rest, ect. i could own lvl 150s (if there were lvl 150s)
Old 03-16-2007, 12:45 AM
wad11656 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to wad11656 Send a message via Yahoo to wad11656

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmn trainer Vincent View Post
I don't like Silver and Gold, purely because the pokemon take too long to raise, and the duplication cheat also takes to long.
What the!?! Training is quite easy--probably easier than in Red, Blue, and Yellow, and the duplication cheat wasn't a purposeful addition. It's a glitch. You, and everyone else, are extremely lucky there even is a duplication cheat...tch...takes too long? There's not even supposed to be one. Oh well...

Training my Umbreon I just used friendship on. Friendship is really fun, and pretty easy! I evolved my Eevee into Umbreon when it was at level 21 during a Bug Catching Contest! So...after I get 'im to level 53, when he learns moonlight, I'm going to get an Espeon, which will be my 235th Pokemon in my Pokedex...Boo yah!

When I check Professor Oak's PC, he says, "Magnificent! You could become a Pokemon Proffessor right now!" Makes me feel so happy...

Awesome Kids Pokemon!
Join the best unnoficial, unnoficial Pokemon site on the web, and join the forums!

Supporter of the RULES

~*I miss the Johto Games and wish they'd re-make them for the DS. If you think so too, put this in your Sig.
Started by emerald suicune*~

Last edited by wad11656; 03-16-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:52 AM
hell rider Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad11656 View Post
What the!?! Training is quite easy--probably easier than in Red, Blue, and Yellow, and the duplication cheat wasn't a purposeful addition. It's a glitch. You, and everyone else, are extremely lucky there even is a duplication cheat...tch...takes too long? There's not even supposed to be one. Oh well...

Training my Umbreon I just used friendship on. Friendship is really fun, and pretty easy! I evolved my Eevee into Umbreon when it was at level 21 during a Bug Catching Contest! So...after I get 'im to level 53, when he learns moonlight, I'm going to get an Espeon, which will be my 235th Pokemon in my Pokedex...Boo yah!

When I check Professor Oak's PC, he says, "Magnificent! You could become a Pokemon Proffessor right now!" Makes me feel so happy...

235 pokemon.. wow... in my preiveous game (restarted) i had 198 seena and like 130 caught. i restarted it though... mine used to say when i got my 16th badge, "good, i see you understand how to use pokeballs. and i've been duplicating amster balls and rare candys for so long.. lol..
Old 03-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Spinner Offline
Master Trainer

Post Re: Gold/Silver/Crystal Game Discussion

Aghhhh! 235 Pokemon! Man, the best I have ever managed was about 160! Of course, I have also started a new game, so I have only caught like, 70 at the moment, lol
Old 03-20-2007, 02:28 AM
hell rider Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Aghhhh! 235 Pokemon! Man, the best I have ever managed was about 160! Of course, I have also started a new game, so I have only caught like, 70 at the moment, lol
=P i just caught alot so now 75 pokemon caught. HAW!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Ashman Offline

Just beat the Elite Four with this team, and I'm rather proud of it.

45 Ampharos, Male
Thunderpunch
rock Smash
Strength
Light Screen

51 Lugia, genderless
Aeroblas
fly
Waterfall
Hydro Pump

43 Kadabra (gr... need to trade it :P) Male

Psychic
Ice Punch
Recover
Psybeam

37 Dragonair Male

Surf
Slam
Twister
Dragon Rage. Btw, Dragonair is not as cool as he looks.

42 Vulpix (need to evolve it) Female

Flamethrower
Fire Spiin
Quick Attack
Safeguard

46 Haunter (soon to be Gengar) male

Shadowball
Hypnosis
Nightshade
Dreameater.

I have to say, Haunter beat the dragonites all by himself. Hypnosis and Dreameater is an amazing combo. And my stupid Kadabra fainted against bruno. Grr.... But that happens.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:39 PM
MagmarMan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Nice team Ashman I just want to help you a little (even though you didn't ask for it). Oh, I hope you don't get mad at me for critiquing your team

Well it's overall good. Just movesets.

I know that you have Ampharos but I think that Kadabra should still have Thunder Punch over Psybeam. It would just help him out is all...

That was really it and again I hope that your not mad at this
Banner By Me ^_^
Old 04-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Finchy Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Finchy Send a message via MSN to Finchy Send a message via Skype™ to Finchy

Current team:

Lv.52 Ampharos @ Amulet Coin
-Thunderpunch
-Flash
-Thunderwave
-Headbutt

Lv.48 Typhlosion @ Quick Claw
-Fire Spin
-Strength
-Earthquake
-Thunderpunch

Lv.43 Eevee @ Pink Bow
-Quick Attack
-Take Down
-Shadow Ball
-Bite

Lv.44 Ho-oh @ Sacred Ash
-Sacred Fire
-Safeguard
-Recover
-Fly

Lv.41 Gyrados
-Surf
-Icy Wind
-Dragon Rage
-Leer

Lv.40 Dragonair @ Dragon Fang
- Dragon Rage
- Thunder Wave
- Twister
- Surf

Everything's getting a complete overhaul (may even start breeding :o) so don't rate this. I've beaten the E4 with ease and am halfway through the Kanto Badges. One thing that's really cheesing me off though is that my damned Eevee won't get friendly enough to evolve. As you can see, it's been with me for 22 levels, it's never left my sight and I've taken it for 4 haircuts to date, more coming soon. Has anyone got any good hints to make it evolve quicker? :(
Old 04-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

My Eevee didn't evolve until LV 53 into an Umbreon, but I think you just have to do the haircuts, training and vitamins thing until it does.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:14 PM
MagmarMan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

This site helped me get my Eevee to evolve by happieness:

http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/happiness.php

It's a great site.
Banner By Me ^_^
Old 04-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Ashman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagmarMan View Post
Nice team Ashman I just want to help you a little (even though you didn't ask for it). Oh, I hope you don't get mad at me for critiquing your team

Well it's overall good. Just movesets.

I know that you have Ampharos but I think that Kadabra should still have Thunder Punch over Psybeam. It would just help him out is all...

That was really it and again I hope that your not mad at this
The only reason Kadabra doesn't have thunder punch is because I didn't think Thunderpunch beat out firpunch, which I needed against the ice gym (no, ember did NOT cut it :P ). Then I got psychic while fighting the E4, and tossed out Firepunch for it. I might get thunderpunch, but since I don't really duel other humans, I might not. If I do play against other people, I probably WILL get thunder punch because you're right, TP is much more useful.

Someone up there had a Butterfree with Psybeam, and frankly, that doesn't make sense to me. My OLD butterfree (just because I could say it was true) had Psychic, Psybeam, Confusion, and Flash. But the Butterfree I used in gold (which had a real moveset) was Psychic, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, and Return. I really don't see how psybeam is better than psychic. I mean, a chance to confuse is nice, but is it worth the added power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagmarMan View Post
This site helped me get my Eevee to evolve by happieness:

http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/happiness.php

It's a great site.
I love Umbreon. Seriously. Its the only dark type worth my time. If only it learned crunch...

I don't like houndor/houndoom, I don't think they're as cool. For me, its less about making the best team and 'winning with my favorites' to quote a character from the game.

That takes me back to the first lvl 100 I ever got (excluding the red/blue cheating, of course): lvl 100 Feraligator. I played silver all the way through, only training the Gator, and beat everyone. At level 75, I beat red and traded the thing into my Gold Version, which became the 'collecting' point for all my most powerful pokemon. Fascinating team there, but I don't know the moves.

75 Mewtwo
61 Ho-Oh
81 Lugia
80 Butterfree (what can I say)
70 Articuno
100 Feraligator

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 04-02-2007 at 01:33 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Finchy Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Finchy Send a message via MSN to Finchy Send a message via Skype™ to Finchy

Cancel that, Eevee evolved into an Espeon about ten minutes ago. I was a mere level away from making it evolve :D! It's now at level 45, and I'm gonna be deciding a moveset for it very soon. Next up is getting my Dragonair into a Dragonite ^^
Old 04-03-2007, 05:40 AM
Ashman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchy View Post
Cancel that, Eevee evolved into an Espeon about ten minutes ago. I was a mere level away from making it evolve :D! It's now at level 45, and I'm gonna be deciding a moveset for it very soon. Next up is getting my Dragonair into a Dragonite ^^
Espeon is awesome. I never liked the origional three evolutions of Eevee, but Espeon and Umbreon made the pokemon worth my time.

Dragonair... that thing is a pain in the rear end to raise. Good luck!

Okay, maybe not as bad as the twenty levels of magikarp :P

I was going over the changes I would make to a pokemon game IF I were to make one in the future (not saying it'll happen... but I downloaded RPG maker a few days ago) just for me and my friends, as a sort of, 'what could I do with this genre' and my friend actually seriously suggested making Gyarados better. I was like, "HUH?!?!"

I woulda guessed Gyarados. And Dragonite blows, its all about Dragonair