Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Xalapeno Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Xalapeno Send a message via AIM to Xalapeno Send a message via Yahoo to Xalapeno
Question Will this work?

OK. I have PKRS and the Macho Brace. So I'll quadruple my stats this way. Except for speed because the Macho Barce reduces it. So for this to work I'm thinking about catching pokemon whos nature increases their speed. Like timid, Hasty, Jolly or Naive.
Timid = (+ speed) (-attack)
Hasty = (+speed) (-defense)
Jolly = (+speed) (-special attack)
Naive = (+speed) (-special defense)

So that takes care of the speed problem. The speed will increase with these natures + beating pokemon that give 3EV points to it.
Then, for the (-) stats. All I have to do is challenge pokemon who will give me 3 Evs for them. So when I beat them I'll get a total of 12 EVs.

For ATK.
Swampert, Shiftry, Salamence, Groudon.

For Def.
Golem, Aggron, Metagross, regirock

For Sp. ATK
Vileplume, Alakazam, Beautifly, Gardevoir, Kyogre

For Sp. DEF
Articuno, Dustox, Ludicolo, Regice, Latias

Do you guys think this is a good way to make better pokemon?

(Yes, I'm aware that getting some of them to be a certain nature is going to be hard but, I'm patient so I have no problem with that.)

I made Soviet Bidoof, Jokester Jesse made this kick@$$ banner.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Bloody TC Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Will this work?

I think it is good but one problem.Like you said it will take a long time to get the natures.So the Pokerus could be gone before you get even one of them.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Lonsie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lonsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody TC View Post
I think it is good but one problem.Like you said it will take a long time to get the natures.So the Pokerus could be gone before you get even one of them.
Not if he keeps it in his PC. And periodically changes pokemon's boxes before they stop spreading.

[ BFF ~ Draconic Espeon ]
URPG | Shizen no Senshi | VPP
Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

I don't get why would you try to compensate the stat the nature reduces. If you have a Jolteon and make it Timid, you don't need to EV train for Atk EVs.

You should always pick a nature that reduces the stat the pokemon doesn't need (or the stat it needs the least). It's sometimes useless to try to compensate the loss of stats from natures with EVs; you'd be wasting a lot of useful points
Old 03-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

He's also forgetting that macho brace's speed reduction is temporary, and only happens when it is equipped.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Xalapeno Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Xalapeno Send a message via AIM to Xalapeno Send a message via Yahoo to Xalapeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
I don't get why would you try to compensate the stat the nature reduces. If you have a Jolteon and make it Timid, you don't need to EV train for Atk EVs.

You should always pick a nature that reduces the stat the pokemon doesn't need (or the stat it needs the least). It's sometimes useless to try to compensate the loss of stats from natures with EVs; you'd be wasting a lot of useful points
Well it's because of the Macho Brace.It lowers the Speed stat so I wanted to get PKMN that would get a + Speed nature. Since the PKRS would negate the Macho Brace from lowering speed it would stay the same. So, thats why I want PKMN with + Speed natures. To actually increase it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
He's also forgetting that macho brace's speed reduction is temporary, and only happens when it is equipped.
I have it equipped at all times. So, it's permanent in my case.
Until I switch it to another PKMN.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team overkill View Post
Well it's because of the Macho Brace.It lowers the Speed stat so I wanted to get PKMN that would get a + Speed nature. Since the PKRS would negate the Macho Brace from lowering speed it would stay the same. So, thats why I want PKMN with + Speed natures. To actually increase it.
uh? Macho Brace reduces the Speed stat, not speed EVs. Having a +Speed nature just because you're using the Macho brace is useless, as the speed stat goes back to normal once you take off the Macho brace.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:53 AM
hybrid_goomba Offline

The PKRS spreads to other pkmn right? If so, than your method will work.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Xalapeno Offline

Talking Re: Will this work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
uh? Macho Brace reduces the Speed stat, not speed EVs. Having a +Speed nature just because you're using the Macho brace is useless, as the speed stat goes back to normal once you take off the Macho brace.
..................Oh. Now I just learned that.
Thanks again Lucavi.Oh, well. I still like having the upperhand in striking 1st in a battle.
It's good for inflicting status conditions.

I'll rethink my plans for the future. I'll be back with more ideas later.