Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Ryouseiken Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Nothing too exciting on my part. Just two fanfic ideas going through and/or going to be attempted at. One is simply a Grovyle/Combusken fanfic which takes place..hm..I couldn't figure out where when I started to randomly write it, it takes place on their way to the Battle Palace in the 'Battle Frontier' Arc. I honestly don't know how I started writing this, but heh...*shrugs*

As for the second idea, it was kind of turning my whole URPG Stories into one big fanfic, as in the travels of my character Miles Fallar, along with his trusty Treecko. XP Ya see, in the future if he WAS in the anime, I imagined him sort of like Steven, a champion, and has one of the strongest teams around. Of course, he has to start somewhere, but eventually he'll have his signature three Pokemon. (Grovyle, and there's a HUGE hint for who the other two are in my sig..XP) No worries, I won't be uber powerful in this fanfic, my character that is, he will lose to Ash...ironic much? XD

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

---Pokemon Ex: Hoenn---
Old 03-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryouseiken View Post
Nothing too exciting on my part. Just two fanfic ideas going through and/or going to be attempted at. One is simply a Grovyle/Combusken fanfic which takes place..hm..I couldn't figure out where when I started to randomly write it, it takes place on their way to the Battle Palace in the 'Battle Frontier' Arc. I honestly don't know how I started writing this, but heh...*shrugs*

As for the second idea, it was kind of turning my whole URPG Stories into one big fanfic, as in the travels of my character Miles Fallar, along with his trusty Treecko. XP Ya see, in the future if he WAS in the anime, I imagined him sort of like Steven, a champion, and has one of the strongest teams around. Of course, he has to start somewhere, but eventually he'll have his signature three Pokemon. (Grovyle, and there's a HUGE hint for who the other two are in my sig..XP) No worries, I won't be uber powerful in this fanfic, my character that is, he will lose to Ash...ironic much? XD
Yay! Ryou, it's been forever since you've wrote a story! :3 Glad to see you back.

I'd also enjoy reading about Miles again. I think this is a great idea. ^^

The Wasteland

Old 03-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Ryouseiken Offline
Elite Trainer

Yeah, I'm sorry for leaving so abruptly. Somehow this keeps happening to me. =( But I'll try and be on more often, my Poke-Fandom is back and stronger then evaaa.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:16 AM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryouseiken View Post
Yeah, I'm sorry for leaving so abruptly. Somehow this keeps happening to me. =( But I'll try and be on more often, my Poke-Fandom is back and stronger then evaaa.
Yay! That means more fan fiction to read... :D

The Wasteland

Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

I would like to give writing a Choose Your Own Adventure pokemon fic a try if anyone would be intrested it reading one by me :). It may take a little while becuase I would like to finish most of the endings before I would post any of it but..When I was little I read alot of them, my favorites were the Goosebumps ones. I'd like to try one as a comdey fic :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 AM
PokéJungle Offline

Send a message via AIM to PokéJungle Send a message via MSN to PokéJungle

Right now I thought up a new idea. Ok, ready?

It's like Bram Stroker on DRUGS! Zubat takes the place of dracula, then there's Chikorita for the whip-weilding Bellmount clan member. With maybe a Butterfree for Frankenstien's bride.

Haha, kidding folks.

But honestly, I would actually like to write a new fic based on shiny Pokemon. Trainers always love to get them (IRL in the games), but I want to focus on the social implications between Pokemon. Obviously skin color has made social differences in humans, so what's not to say that Pokemon wouldn't have similar thoughts.

Outcast and alone, I could document the life of a shiny Pokemon who was never wanted by his own species. And if he was captured, it's all too obvious that he'd be held up as just a trophy for whoever caught him. Always judged by his differences, and not who he was.

There's a sappy plot line I could get around to fleshing out if I had time.

[[ PJN | MMC | SCO | DWC |
Old 03-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéJungle View Post
Right now I thought up a new idea. Ok, ready?

It's like Bram Stroker on DRUGS! Zubat takes the place of dracula, then there's Chikorita for the whip-weilding Bellmount clan member. With maybe a Butterfree for Frankenstien's bride.

Haha, kidding folks.
Um..I hope so, becuase the whole Zubat=vampire race thing has been *coughFablecough* done just a little *coughmystoryI havebeenputtingtogetherforthelastfouryears* bit
Not counting all the half done really bad Ash becomes a vampire stories with Zubat details in them

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 03-04-2007, 06:33 AM
PokéJungle Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
Um..I hope so, becuase the whole Zubat=vampire race thing has been *coughFablecough* done just a little *coughmystoryI havebeenputtingtogetherforthelastfouryears* bit
Not counting all the half done really bad Ash becomes a vampire stories with Zubat details in them
Any vampire story with Pokemon is bound to phail and just seem silly. That's my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
Any vampire story with Pokemon is bound to phail and just seem silly. That's my opinion. Take it or leave it.
Not all of them, it's all in how it is written
So I'll leave it, thank you .
Besides, even some of the best pure vampire stories may seem silly to someone who does not like vampires at all so it is all just a matter of taste a think . I love vampires, but not Rice's verison of them for example ...

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 03-04-2007 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:41 AM
PokéJungle Offline

Then I will review your story when it comes out.

And yeah, hope you surprise me.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Careful what you say to OF about vampires. She is the number one person when it comes to Pokémon vampires. Read Fable before you start complaining...

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 03-04-2007, 07:02 AM
PokéJungle Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post
Careful what you say to OF about vampires. She is the number one person when it comes to Pokémon vampires. Read Fable before you start complaining...

Deathspector
I will when I have time I guess.

It all seems cheesy to me though.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser

someone could also do a story about the end of the pokemon world. like armageddon or the day after tomorrow or something.
kinda lame, but it could work. unless it's been done before.. which it probably is
Old 03-04-2007, 07:29 AM
PokéJungle Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Loser View Post
someone could also do a story about the end of the pokemon world. like armageddon or the day after tomorrow or something.
kinda lame, but it could work. unless it's been done before.. which it probably is
Well, you kind of already know how it would end if it was the End of the World.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Ryouseiken Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
I would like to give writing a Choose Your Own Adventure pokemon fic a try if anyone would be intrested it reading one by me :). It may take a little while becuase I would like to finish most of the endings before I would post any of it but..When I was little I read alot of them, my favorites were the Goosebumps ones. I'd like to try one as a comdey fic :)
I like the sound of this. I remember, like a LONNNNNNNG time ago, like when I was 8 or 9, there WAS a 'Choose-Your-Own-Adventure' book for Pokemon. I remember the various endings had something to do with Ash fighting Gary with a new Pokemon he obtained on his trip, or ending up coming empty. There were also a few things that led to 'Nightmares'. I can't remember what it was called, and I doubt it even EXISTS anymore...

But anyways, yeah, this sounds good. And heh, you read Goosebumps too? It gave me exactly what the book is called, goosebumps..XD.