Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:13 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Talking Evolution Of Fable (Chat and Questions and Author's Notes)

Read The Story Here!

I still would like to get long reveiws in my fanfic thread itself, but this topic is just to chat about Evolution Of Fable's ideas and characters, or any questions you might have about it :). Little comments that are'nt really reveiws, what you think might happen next etc
And if anyone out there who can draw would like to do fanart for Fable I would love to see it !

My fic has a theme song and an ending song just like an anime ;) . Yes, but unlike many others my fic has had said theme song pretty much since the time I first got the idea for the plot. But I won't be showing those themes untill a few more chapters has pasted, since the images that go along with them star all the characters, most of which have not been shown in the fanfic yet. In place of them fom the time being I will be starting to list a 'soundtrack' of songs that do not belong to me, but that I have coupled with some of the moods and scenes of Fable. Others will be added as time goes by. Links are to videos on Youtube that have the song in them so that you may listen to them for Fable's sake, and just not pay any mind to the video itself and minimise it to the menu bar;) (Some of the songs were haed to find in any format but I am not very picky. All are G rated though, so it should be okay :) ) Warning: Most are 80's and 70's songs ;)[indent]

[QUOTE]Soundtrack

Main Themes
Fate’s Only Love (or Midnight Morning) -Orange Flaaffy (lyrics and anime theme script)

Faraway- Debbie Loeb

Love Theme

When You Tell Me That You Love Me- Coco Lee and Julio Iglesias

Lineage Mood Theme

I Let The Music Speak (with or without lyrics) By ABBA

Character Themes (coming soon)

Closing Theme

The Gift- -Orange Flaaffy (lyrics and anime theme script)
Ai no Melody - Kokai

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 04-04-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Evolution Of Fable (Chat and Questions)

The newest chapter is just... weird! But its good though, seems like the whole fic is like a poetic story from what I'm reading here.

The whole story is very dynamic, you could ask me what I think will happen next, but honestly, I wouldn't know at all.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Werid? In what way? Being thrown in the river? (Yahe for claws :3!) *eyes Bartholomew*

Oo, a poetic story? Like a monologue, or like an epic peom? *thinks of the Odyssey*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 02-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
Werid? In what way? Being thrown in the river? (Yahe for claws :3!) *eyes Bartholomew*

Oo, a poetic story? Like a monologue, or like an epic peom? *thinks of the Odyssey*
Well, that and all the emotions she's going through. A lot of the story seems to be like a kaleidoscope of feelings, thoughts, and emotions, and this seems to take prescient over the actions that are actually happening.

It’s a bit confusing at first but it’s an interesting way to approach a story.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

I guess my idea of a character driven story works then ;). As the story goes on the action goes in front of the emotion but I think a high level of it is good for 1st person pov :3

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 02-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
I guess my idea of a character driven story works then ;). As the story goes on the action goes in front of the emotion but I think a high level of it is good for 1st person pov :3
I love that about 1st person pov.

Just wondering, but what inspired you to write Fable, since its quite an unusual setting you have.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Which part? The Lineage or the world of Fable itself?
I've always wanted to write a vampire story, I started with a basic plot but found out that the market for paranormal romance is very small right now :(. At least in a way that has'nt been done before.
It wasn't untill I decided to set my story in the pokemon world and make it a pokemorph fic that things started to make sence, like how each of the Lineage types aged and looked like, and their powers....

I'd have to say that the setting of the games (most of all Blue and Red the very first ones) is what inspired me to first start to write Fable. There is something so homey about writing in the world that first started pokemon :).

I love the woods and I've lived in a country farm town surrounded by woods and a lake my whole life :). So if anything, how I veiw the pokemon world is based on my hometown and all the others I have visited in Napa, San Franscio, LA, Bakersfeild etc :3

Edit: I take that back Neo, there is one book I think that started my ideas for Fable a long time ago (back when I was only fourteen):

Fur Magic By Andre Norton

Quote:
Enter a world of ancient magic When his father is called to active duty in Vietnam, Cory Alder is sent to spend the summer with his adopted Native American uncle, Jasper. Accustomed to life in the city, Cory finds the reality of the ranch scary-every shadow is full of menace. But when an encounter with a medicine man catapults Cory into a world of Native American legend, conquering his fears becomes a matter of survival. Transformed into a beaver called Yellow Shell, Cory is now part of a war between the People, animals whose intelligence equals that of humans. In order to return home, Cory must help Yellow Shell and his allies defeat the Changer, who is attempting to enslave the People in this world-and in Cory's world as well. With two worlds hanging in the balance, Cory will have to use every ounce of courage and animal instinct within him to defeat this enemy .

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 02-27-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:09 PM
katiekitten Offline

I agree with Neo, your first person is brilliant. And I love your comics. XD

If you give me a base description of your characters, I'll see what I can do. =D My memory is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Banner by me. Image used in banner by sakimichan on subeta. Character is mine. =3

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 02-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Thank you :)! I'll see if I can put it is simple descriptions :)

And for anyone that has never seen bottlerock before, here in Califorina we have a place called Glass Beach covered in it :3

Legend has it that there use to be a bar there in the 50's and people would throw their glass bottles off onto the rocks :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 02-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

This post is not to bump but just to say that chapter 5 is now betaed and ready to be read :)! No more awful spelling :D!

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 04-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Default Re: Evolution Of Fable (Chat and Questions and Author's Notes)

Dumdedum...
I'm working hard on this chapter. It is a hard spot for me *writes with smoke coming from end of pen*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art