Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:16 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck
Default Re: Pikachu over rated? Fire pokemon getting played?

Pikachu is definitely getting overrated. I mean, sure, maybe Ash has been doing non-stop training with him for two or three years, but there have been people that Ash smoked with Pikachu who've had their pokemon for 10 to 20 years. You can't tell me that those pokemon wouldn't be able to give Pikachu a good thrashing, because obviously the level 100 limit doesn't apply in the anime.

As for fire pokemon, I don't think there being ignored that much. I mean, most people have a love for Charizard, and Blaziken definitely went over well with pokemon fans. I guess that the others such as Rapidash or Ninetales maybe aren't getting the respect they deserve though...

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 02-04-2007, 03:35 PM
rufus6june Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_fire View Post
I don't really think Pikachu is over rated. I mean, Ash has had it since his very first day as a Pokemon trainer and that was like what, two, three years ago? (In the anime) He's trained with it ever since he first got it, so it has to be at least moderately strong.
Pikachu is extremely strong at points but never evoled becuase ash keeps him like that. Plus wouldnt pokemon get less popular with a raichu as the mascot and so. Come on pikachu is the media power........looks at avatar. Like the Got Milk Ads.

^credit too shiny loser^
Old 02-08-2007, 03:13 AM
Deoxys2000 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Deoxys2000

Ash's Pikachu is So Powerful While Other Pikachus Are Not! >.<

Mastered @929

Made By Me! xDD
Old 02-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Dragon_Seeker Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Pikachu is Pokemon's mascott and the thing Nintendo tries to hype about pokemon lol obviously they're going to overrate it and make it have supernatural powers (powers that regrettably don't transfer into gameboy packs). Lol the show is Pikachu's neo nazi propaganda.

Fire pokemon get overplayed on TV because Nintendo wants them to look "cool" and because visually (keep in mind the audience is namely 8-12 year olds) fire types tend to look cooler than, oh, grass types.

That, and if Fire types weren't used on the TV show we'd all forget they exist fire is such a bad typing to have lol.
Ignoring the circumstances in which this point was raised, it cannot be denied that I do in fact have supernatural powers and am jesus (lower case "J" please I'm not an egotist but I don't need you silly little people mispelling my name).
Old 02-08-2007, 03:35 AM
Silent Night Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Silent Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Seeker View Post
Pikachu is Pokemon's mascott and the thing Nintendo tries to hype about pokemon lol obviously they're going to overrate it and make it have supernatural powers (powers that regrettably don't transfer into gameboy packs). Lol the show is Pikachu's neo nazi propaganda.

Fire pokemon get overplayed on TV because Nintendo wants them to look "cool" and because visually (keep in mind the audience is namely 8-12 year olds) fire types tend to look cooler than, oh, grass types.

That, and if Fire types weren't used on the TV show we'd all forget they exist fire is such a bad typing to have lol.
Wow, from reading your rant, I got a cool idea for a good screenname. Nazi Pikachu.

But yeah, I don't necessarily like fire types. They don't own like they used to.

And while Charizard and Charmander get the "spotlight", Charmeleon gets left out.

Last edited by Silent Night; 02-08-2007 at 03:40 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:03 AM
Chewy Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night View Post
Wow, from reading your rant, I got a cool idea for a good screenname. Nazi Pikachu.

But yeah, I don't necessarily like fire types. They don't own like they used to.

And while Charizard and Charmander get the "spotlight", Charmeleon gets left out.
Well, about the Charmeleon thing...the base pokemon is cute, and the most evolved pokemon is strongest. That's how it is usually.

And Pikachu should be overrated in the show; it's been in the show for the whole thing, and it should get the spotlight. I do like Fire pokemon, and I feel they should add more. Then more of them can get played.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Deoxys2000 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Deoxys2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariax View Post
Well, about the Charmeleon thing...the base pokemon is cute, and the most evolved pokemon is strongest. That's how it is usually.

And Pikachu should be overrated in the show; it's been in the show for the whole thing, and it should get the spotlight. I do like Fire pokemon, and I feel they should add more. Then more of them can get played.
Yeah I Think So Too!. But It's Overated Much!. Can you believe Pikachu Defeated Nosepass And Geodude?

Geodude With ThunderShock ( This is not ^^ )
Nosepass With Iron Tail ( This is fine )

Mastered @929

Made By Me! xDD