Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:36 PM
Ash Red Ketchum Offline
New Trainer

Cool Re: This is rediculous!!

its seems like americans have this gene which make them ignborant, lol....sincei was only born in america, not actually american, i guess thats why im not ignorant, meh, if only i lived in japan.....stupeed americans, they need a big spank in da a**, dont you agree?

how true....

the fallen angel has risen
Old 08-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam
Default Re: This is rediculous!!

No, we never found the WMDs. IMO, they were just a fabrication of the Bush administration in a desperate attempt to make a case for war. And what really gets me angry, is that, to this day, Bush still stands by the decision to go to war.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

It's like how Americans say, "Blame Canada". It's completely ignorant, when actually Canada has a reason to hate the US, while US residents are just ignorant morons blaming Canada. I mean Canada gets acid rain just because the US puts out so much pollution. I mean most US citizens have horrible sense of geography anyway and can't even locate the Middle Eastern part of the world, much less Iraq, and most can't even locate where France is, if I'm correct. One of the most ignorant things was how US citizens also changed French Fries into Freedom Fries. The French had nothing to do with their creation, so using that as any kind of indirect attack is stupid. It's just the United States can be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid sometimes. I know. I'm not proud to be an American right now... especially since people think France actually betrayed us or something... if anything we betrayed the United Nations. t-_-t
Old 08-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Matt, don't jugde America because of some people, VT is just a close minded *******, ignore him.

I think speaking any launguage has nothing to do with presidency or elections.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
It's like how Americans say, "Blame Canada". It's completely ignorant, when actually Canada has a reason to hate the US, while US residents are just ignorant morons blaming Canada. I mean Canada gets acid rain just because the US puts out so much pollution. I mean most US citizens have horrible sense of geography anyway and can't even locate the Middle Eastern part of the world, much less Iraq, and most can't even locate where France is, if I'm correct. One of the most ignorant things was how US citizens also changed French Fries into Freedom Fries. The French had nothing to do with their creation, so using that as any kind of indirect attack is stupid. It's just the United States can be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid sometimes. I know. I'm not proud to be an American right now... especially since people think France actually betrayed us or something... if anything we betrayed the United Nations. t-_-t
I agree completely. the US must have the highest population of ignoramuses on the planet -_-

And DP, no one's judging America; he's just commenting on popular American beliefs.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

I was just wary of the way he called VT an "American" as if it were a bad thing..not mad at ya Matt, America is pretty screwed up..
Old 08-30-2004, 01:18 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Okay, DP...I just wanted to stem any ignorant animosity, and I'm quite relieved that none existed. *whew*
Old 08-30-2004, 02:58 AM
JoshE Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to JoshE Send a message via Yahoo to JoshE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Red Ketchum
its seems like americans have this gene which make them ignborant, lol....sincei was only born in america, not actually american, i guess thats why im not ignorant, meh, if only i lived in japan.....stupeed americans, they need a big spank in da a**, dont you agree?
The Romans were ignorant, The British at one time were ignorant, the French at one time were ignorant, all of the greatest world powers are ignorant.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Inferno Offline

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

In my opinion, most people in every single country around the world are ignorant. No one knows everything, and by the results of many polls it seems like not many know anything at all. How many of us know every current event in every city of the world? I know there's a few of us who don't.
So, if we're expected to have an opinion on different cultures, most of the time people go with what they're told or what they've heard about that country or culture. And that to me is very ignorant.

Countries have always "blamed" other countries or cultures. A lot of the time in the past (and still in the present) it's been Jewish people.
But really I don't think that many Americans "blame Canada".
that's a very old stereotype, that's been heightened by South Park and other forms of entertainment/media.

But anyway. Americans don't have a gene of ignorance. We have something that kinda stunts our knowledge, it's called the media and the news. They pump the US with "patriotism" and they make other countries seem so backwards, when they're really not.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:25 AM
Ash Red Ketchum Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
But anyway. Americans don't have a gene of ignorance.
i cant see how you couldnt figure out i was just trying to be funny, and i still think americans need a big spank in da a**

how true....

the fallen angel has risen