Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon RPG's Pokemon Ultra RPG Battles

Battles Pokemon battle results will be placed here, along with the money/prizes given.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Arrow Reffing FAQ

Credits to Alaskapigeon/

Feel free to use this thread to ask reffing questions. Tricky ones will be added here.

Q: How long is Encore's duration and how does the counting of turns work?
A: Encore lasts exactly 3 turns. If it is used on the target before it moves, the turn counts as 1 turn of Encore. If it is used on the target after it moves, that turn does not count as 1 of the 3 turns.

Q: How do I count Light Screen/Reflect/Trick Room/Gravity/etc. ?
A: Basically, for any move that has the description "For 5 turns...", you start counting from LS-1 the turn it was used, even if the move was used before its opponent's move. Light Screen will then end on turn 5, which also means you don't post LS-5. You post Light Screen ends.

Q: How long is Taunt's duration exactly?
A: Same as Encore, 3 turns.

Q: Does the Encore count increase while sleeping?
A: Yes, the Encore count still increases while a Pokemon stays asleep.

Q: Does confusion count increase while sleeping?
A: Yes.

Q: On top of the BP change in weather, does Weather Ball receive a x1.5 boost from Sun or Rain?
A: Yes, it does.

Q: What order are confusion, paralysis, and attraction rolled in?
A: They are rolled in the order: Confusion, Attraction, Paralysis. (CAP) For more information see http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/move_restrictions

Q: Does Swagger's Attack raise go through Safeguard?
A: Yes, Swagger will still raise attack through Safeguard.

Q: If a Pokemon A uses Move A and Pokemon B uses Move B, then next turn Pokemon A uses Torment and Pokemon B uses Move B, will Move B work?
A: Yes. However, next turn, Pokemon B may not choose to use Move B.

Q: Does Speed Boost activate when a Pokemon with Speed Boost is switched in using U-turn, Baton Pass, or normal switching?
A: No, Speed Boost does not activate.

Q: In BW rules, if you send your move first and use U-turn or Baton Pass, can you wait until after your opponent has sent their move to select a recipient for the attack?
A: Yes, you send your Pokemon when the move is executed.

Q: In the situation:
Quote:
Person A sends Pokemon first.
Person B sends Pokemon.
Person B sends move.
Person A sends move. (Explosion)
Both die.
Who would send the first mon?
A: Person A would send their mon, then Person B would send a mon and a move, then Person A would send a move. This is the same even if Person B was the one who sent Explosion.

Q: In what order do End-of-Turn Effects (such as Leech Seed and Leftovers) take place?
A: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28946

Q: Does Leech Seed heal 12.5%?
A: No, Leech Seed heals by however much HP was sapped from the opposing Pokemon

Q: If a Pokemon KOs the opposing Pokemon with U-turn, who sends their new Pokemon first?
A: The U-turn-er sends their Pokemon first

Q: If you switch in a Pokemon with Trace against a Pokemon with Intimidate, will the Trace Pokemon copy Intimidate and then activate Intimidate's effect against the opponent?

Q: Does Substitute prevent the user's Red Card from activating?

Q: Does Toxic Orb or Flame Orb activate on a switch? What about when replacing a KO'd Pokemon?
A: Yes, it activates on the switch, but since burn damage and poison damage occur before the activation of one of those items in the End of Turn Effects, the Pokemon would not be damaged by burn or poison until the end of the next turn. If a Pokemon is merely replacing a Pokemon that was just KOd, the Orb would not activate, since the End of Turn Effects already occurred. View End of Turn Effects in this post for more detailed information.

Q: How does Life Orb + Seismic Toss or Endeavor or other moves that do a set amount of damage work?
A: Life Orb will deal recoil to the user, but not boost any damage done by those moves.

Q: Does a Pokemon under the effects of Leech Seed lose health when it just KO'd a Pokemon?
A: Leech Seed will only sap if there is something on the other side to give the sapped health to. So if a Leech Seeded Pokemon KO'd a Pokemon, it will not lose health at the end of the turn. However, the Leech Seed still remains on the Pokemon and saps the Pokemon at the end of every turn there is a Pokemon on the other side. This also means in FFAs, since a Pokemon has no teammates, KO-ing the sapper will effectively prevent the Pokemon from being sapped.

Q: Can Future Sight and Doom Desire be in queue at the same time?
A: No.

Q: Can two Wish be in queue at the same time?

Q: Can a Pokemon have a status effect while it is drowsy from the effects of Yawn?
A: Yes, and it will thus prevent the drowsiness from putting the Pokemon to sleep.

Q: If a Pokemon is drowsy and is holding Lum Berry, will using a status effect cause it to consume the Lum Berry and then fall asleep from the drowsiness at the end of the turn?

Q: Is there any message that announces a Pokemon's Regenerator ability healed it?

Q: If the bearer of Rough Skin is attacked while it has a Substitute, is it possible for the attacker to take damage from Rough Skin?

Q: What happens if a Pokemon uses Super Fang on a Pokemon with Substitute?
A: The amount of damage Super Fang does will be based on the Pokemon's HP remaining, while the damage is dealt to the Substitute. So if a Tyranitar has 303 HP remaining and it has a 101 HP Substitute, the Substitute will take 151 HP damage (and be destroyed).

Q: Does a Pokemon become Confused if its Outrage or similar move is not successful?
A: If a Pokemon's Outrage is unsuccessful, the Outrage ends. If a Pokemon's Outrage is unsuccessful, and the Pokemon was not going to end its Outrage that turn, then the Pokemon does not become Confused. In other words, if a Pokemon is supposed to have a 3 turn Outrage, and it is unsuccessful on the 2nd turn, the Outrage ends and the Pokemon is not Confused. If a Pokemon is supposed to have a 3 turn Outrage, and it is unsuccessful on the 3rd turn, the Outrage ends and the Pokemon is Confused. If a Pokemon is supposed to have a 2 turn Outrage, and it is unsuccessful on the 2nd turn, the Outrage ends and the Pokemon is Confused. If a Pokemon's Outrage is unsuccessful on the 1st turn (regardless if it was supposed to last 2 or 3 turns), the Outrage effect obviously does not occur at all, although by similar logic you could say the Outrage ends and the Pokemon is not confused. Also, remember, a Pokemon cannot become Confused it is already Confused.

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 08-30-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:49 AM
infested88 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to infested88
Default Re: Reffing FAQ

Question #1 from me:

Just making sure because I'm confused on how Snatch works with Substitute.

When using Snatch, can it snatch a Substitute or no?

Also, found a mistake in the reffing encyclopedia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffing Encyclopedia

| Overheat | Fire | 140 | 90% | 5 | Self and 1 Enemy |
Lowers Enemy Pokémon’s SPECIAL ATTACK by 2 stages.
It should state that your special attack is lowered 2 stages.

Last edited by infested88; 01-08-2007 at 06:20 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:01 AM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame

Quote:
OHKO's move WON'T hit the Sub with 100% accuracy.
So, it will stay 30% accuracy won't it?

-Volcan-
Old 01-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by infested88 View Post
Question #1 from me:

From what I read on Smogon, Snatch can snatch a Substitute, yes.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Send a message via AIM to Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by infested88 View Post
Question #1 from me:

You steal the Substitute by cutting yor own HP by 25% just like from a normal Substitute. Your foe will not get a Substitute up if you Snatch it.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Fossil Fusion Offline
Ride On

Send a message via AIM to Fossil Fusion

Btw in the reffingpedia thing. You have Explosion as 500 Base when it's supposed to be 250. Selftdestruct is at 400 and should be 200 base.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:42 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younglink View Post
Btw in the reffingpedia thing. You have Explosion as 500 Base when it's supposed to be 250. Selftdestruct is at 400 and should be 200 base.
That was, iirc, because the defense of the opponent gets halved when Explosion or Self-Destruct is used.

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Marth Offline

I'm glad there's response to this.
@ Infested:
Yes. Snatch is a move that is readied before the enemies attack, and it comes in 2 parts. First, the user gets ready to snatch the move, just as another Pokémon tightens focus for a focus punch, etc.
Second, if the foe uses a non-attacking move, such as substitute, it will not execute the move (That means, it won't lose HP, or it will lose it and then regain it). Nothing happens with the defending pokémon, it's move is given to the snatching pokémon. It's like, Hey! You don't get to attack at all, but I get 2 moves! 1 for making you not attack, and the second one is the move you were going to use! Ha!. Pretty cool, yeah, and it goes through Sub!.

@Volcanflame: Yes, and the move KO's the Sub.

@YoungLink: For make it less complex, we put 500 and 400 base damage instead of "Double power" or "Half defense".

If you find more mistakes in the encyclopedia, do tell me. I made hugue corrections to substitute the other day.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 01-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Fenix Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
@YoungLink: For make it less complex, we put 500 and 400 base damage instead of "Double power" or "Half defense".
I have never heard of it halving anything's defense or raising attack. All Selfdestruct and Explosion do is attack at 200 or 250 base power respectively and knock out the user, and it has always been that way as far as I have ever known.

Did I miss something?

Last edited by Fenix; 01-09-2007 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Marth Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
I have never heard of it halving anything's defense or raising attack. All Selfdestruct and Explosion do is attack at 200 or 250 base power respectively and knock out the user, and it has always been that way as far as I have ever known.

Did I miss something?
Explosion and Seldestruct have a descpription that says "deals double damage"; I will research this furtherly though.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 01-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

I didn't know snatch worked like that. Interesting. Just make sure any changes are made in the moves list.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 01-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame

I got a question!

The situations: Sealeo vs. Kadabra
Sealeo is using Encore to Kadabra so that Kadabra's using Recover. And let say the Encore lasts 6 turns, and Recover's PP 3 left. And after the PP wasted, will Kadabra stay using Recover and failed, or the Encore will stop and Kadabra can use another move?

Thanks in adv.

-Volcan-
Old 01-11-2007, 01:06 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanflame View Post
I got a question!

The situations: Sealeo vs. Kadabra
Sealeo is using Encore to Kadabra so that Kadabra's using Recover. And let say the Encore lasts 6 turns, and Recover's PP 3 left. And after the PP wasted, will Kadabra stay using Recover and failed, or the Encore will stop and Kadabra can use another move?

Thanks in adv.

-Volcan-
Then Kadabra will use struggle until the encore ends.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Fossil Fusion Offline
Ride On

Send a message via AIM to Fossil Fusion

I know this sounds stupid to ask Marth. Can you tell me the base dmg for Struggle? I just never knew it :|
Old 01-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I think it was bp 40 Non-STAB with 1/4 Recoil