Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Ryenne Raleigh Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Binshou Koigokoro was running--for her life, for her children's lives, and for the sake of her Pokemon. After just giving birth, she knew her chances of getting away from the Team Shadow grunts chasing after her were slim--but if she gave up, both she and her children would die. She cradled her newborn babies close to her chest as she continued dodging the attacks of the stalkers' Pokemon. She almost tripped.

I am in no condition to be running like this, she thought to herself. Immediately, she found an inconspicuous place to hide before the grunts could notice her and crouched down. Binshou wrapped the remains of her tattered kimono around her two girl babies, protecting them from the smoke and flames all around. Reaching for a charm she wore around her neck, she held it close to her heart as she recited the words,

When all hope is lost
And darkness sets in
All love is gone
The world in sin

A new hope shall rise
Out of the light
And smite the evil
Right here tonight

It shelters the weak
And protects the weary
Brightens up your life
When everything seems dreary

With power so great
An undefeatable might
Pokemon, oh, Pokemon
Help me this night!

Binshou's song echoed through what was left of the burning building as she finished her song. At once, the flames stopped, and all around grew dark. There was no sound, no speech, except for the nearly silent crying of the infants. Binshou's heart eased. Was it really. . .over? For a second, she was relieved, feeling that she and her children were safe. The second did not last long. The building was once again bursting up in flames, all sound returned, the babies resumed crying as loud as their lungs would permit, and Binshou's heart was again skipping every other beat. The building began quaking, and the heaps of rubble she had been hiding behind fell through, now making her totally visible.

"Look! There she is!" one of the Team Shadow grunts shouted, pointing a gloved hand at Binshou. Binshou grabbed her children even tighter. She could feel her heart about to burst in her chest. The Team Shadow grunts charged towards her. With whatever strength she had left, Binshou jolted up off the floor and continued running, tossing out a golden Poke Ball that revealed a long green Pokemon with red-outlined wings, a dark and light green striped tail, eyes with red spheres around them, and small bluntly-clawed fingers.

"Flygon," Binshou murmured, addressing the Pokemon, "Please. . .Let me climb on to your back. . . Please get me and my children out of here."

The dragon-ground type Pokemon nodded in response and flew down low in order for Binshou to climb on. She lay there, almost seeming dead, as Flygon sped through the building, dodging falling ceiling pieces and mounds of burnt antiques in its path. It finally got through the labyrinth, its face shining in the moonlight.

The ground continued to quake as it attempted to wake up Binshou, shaking her gently as to not harm her in any way. Her lavender irises soon became visible as she slowly opened her eyes, her children still in her arms, held closely to her. She smiled thinly as her Pokemon's red sphered eyes came into her sight. The Pokemon seemed to be smiling back, happy that its trainer had not perished in the flames.

"Flygon," Binshou began, her voice quaking, "you are alright. Thank you for saving me and my children." Her smiled faded and she looked away from Flygon. "But what about the song?. . .The Pokemon should have come. . ."

Binshou had spoke too soon. As soon as she had barely finished her sentence, a gigantic creature emurged from the shadows, spreading out some kind of wings. Light flowed from everywhere, illuminating the great beast. It was white all over, bearing a few purple markings here and there. It was certain that it was some kind of Pokemon, but what it was, no one had a clue. It looked intently at Binshou, as if it could read her thoughts, then did exactly what Binshou wanted.

It turned towards the burning building, and an explosion of light shot out of its body from every direction. The building that was once Binshou's home was now nothing. Just a spot of land. There were no people there, no bones, no flesh, nothing. She assumed that the Team Shadow grunts were all dead, but she saw none of their remains. They had just. . .vanished. Along with the disappearance of the building, the earthquake also subsided. Binshou looked up just in time to see Pokemon appearing out of nowhere on the empty spot of land. The giant Pokemon saw her confused expression and said to her,

"The trainers that perished in the flames. . .Their Pokemon have been spared. It was not the Pokemon's wrongdoing. Just the humans'."

Binshou nodded weakly. Although the Pokemon appeared to be talking to her, its mouth made no movement whatsoever. She then returned Flygon to its Poke Ball then unwrapped her two children from her kimono. She cried at what she saw: One baby was still alive and breathing, now sleeping, but the other was not breathing at all. Binshou lowered her head against the deceased child, weeping.

She does not deserve this, she thought. If it weren't for those stupid thugs, my baby wouldn't be dead right now.

She held the living child close to her and cried on it. Binshou knew that she herself would soon be dead because of all the wounds the Team Shadow grunts had inflicted on her. She had to name her babies and leave them with the Pokemon. Even though one was dead, it had been in her family tradition to name them even if the child had died in infantry.

"I will see to it that your child is safe," the Pokemon said to her, bowing its head in respect.

Binshou nodded, but knew she would not be able to name them for these few last breaths would be her last.

"Name them," she told it, gasping for air.

"The living one is Kitai and the dead is Kainashi."

Binshou's eyelids slowly closed as she lay down on the dirt.

"Hope and hopeless," were her last words.

Last edited by Ryenne Raleigh; 12-05-2006 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Aipom Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Mockingbird

that was so sad =( it almost made me cry

nice job anyway good story nicely organized

Thanks to tombi for the awesome avii
Old 12-05-2006, 01:55 AM
Ryenne Raleigh Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aipom View Post
that was so sad =( it almost made me cry

nice job anyway good story nicely organized

Aww, schmankies! Yeah, it was sadiful...And yes, I know "sadiful" isn't a word...
Old 12-05-2006, 02:29 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

great work so far. you got me hooked!

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 12-05-2006, 02:30 AM
Ryenne Raleigh Offline
Elite Trainer

Talking Re: Mockingbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
great work so far. you got me hooked!

Oh, thank you, Crystal! ^^
Old 12-07-2006, 03:39 AM
Ryenne Raleigh Offline
Elite Trainer

Chapter Two

Kitai's dark eyes shot open. Not that stupid dream again. She knew it was all a dream, but sometimes, it just seemed so. . .real.

Kitai shook her head. "It's just a dream, Kitai," she told herself. "Just a random dream. Nothing real." But of that she wasn't so sure. Although she refused to admit it, she found it extremely strange that the little baby girl in the dream's name was Kitai, just like her. Once again, Kitai gave herself a mental shake and lifted her head from the pillow.

Her room was decorated with lavender wallpaper with white polka-dots all over, and a raised ceiling that left room for her canopy bed with green silk curtains. Pushing back some of the curtains, she got up off of the bed and slipped out of her pajamas and into some more fitting clothes- -A pink T-shirt, some purple shorts, and some sandals. On the T-shirt was the image of a Jigglypuff, above the word in big, bulgy letters "Lullaby". She pulled her long reddish-brown hair into a braid after brushing all the tangles out, then secured the braid with a white ponytail holder. She looked at herself in the mirror, still displeased with how she looked. The girl she saw- -the one with stringy hair, braces, and freckles- -was not the one she wanted to see. The only thing she really liked about herself were her deep hazel eyes.

She pulled open the curtains to her big window, letting all the light in which resulted in her having to cover her eyes. She had to blink for awhile afterwards. Kitai walked back over to her bed and made it up, making sure all the purple covers were nice and neat, along with all her pillows and Pokemon-shaped plushies. She then ran out her poster-covered door and down the stairs to the kitchen where she found her older brother, Hogo, frying some pancakes along with eggs and bacon in two other separate skillets.

Kitai loved watching Hogo fry pancakes. He took the skillet, flipped the pancake up into the air so high it almost hit the ceiling, then back on the skillet. It wasn't just that sometimes he would make the pancakes do flips in the air along with flinging them up, but sometimes he would miss and the pancake would fall on his head. Kitai loved it when that happened.

"Hiya, KitKat," Hogo called, turning away from the stove for a minute. "Betcha five bucks I won't miss this time." Kitai grinned.

"You're on," was her eager reply, as she watched her brother preparing to flip the pancake. Just like her, Hogo also had deep hazel eyes, but had plain brown locks, whereas Kitai's were more of an auburnish color. His skin was also much tanner than Kitai's, who was rather pale, and was also handsome. Kitai knew she could depend on him, no matter what.

With that, Hogo flinged the pancake off the skillet and into the air, then fell down right on his head. His little sister burst out laughing.

"I believe you owe me five bucks, mister," she laughed, holding out her hand. Hogo reluctantly reached into his pocket and pulled out five dollars, then handed it to Kitai.

"You just got lucky this time," he grinned back, sticking both hands into his pockets. He wore a green T-shirt, brown khaki-pants and no shoes.

But suddenly, Kitai's smile faded as she looked over through the glass door from the sun room.

What is that? she thought as she pushed away from the kitchen table and into the sun room. Hogo glanced over at the sun room door.

"Oh no," he murmured, quickly but silently following after Kitai. "Not again."

Short, yes, I know, but I was running out of ideas for this one. If you would like to have your own character in it, please fill out the form below in your next comment:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Pokemon: Nickname(if it has one)/Species/Gender, etc. etc.

First come, first serve, peeps. There are only about 3 open spaces. Once I use your character and you're not happy with how I have potrayed them, don't hesitate to tell me, I'm not easily offended.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:23 AM
Daneb Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Daneb Send a message via MSN to Daneb

Wow, this is good. Chapter Two was kind of..short, but I know what it feels like to not have any ideas You're very descriptive in you writing - I like it =)

It'd be cool to have my own character, so I think I'll fill this out.

Name: Daneb
Appearance: Tall, black hair, wears a ball cap, black shirt with dirty blue jeans, glasses.
Personality: Fairly calm under pressure, doesn't like confrontation, skilled in battling, quiet, but uses sarcasm a lot , prefers Ice-type and electric-type Pokemon, consider him a tourist-trainer from Canada =D
Pokemon: (I don't know how many I'm allowed, so..)
male
male
male
male
female
male

Last edited by Daneb; 12-08-2006 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:32 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Name: Jessica
Appearance:

Personality:brave, kind, gental, couragious, creative, athlitic, active, and protective of friends and Pokemon
Pokemon:
Fireshadow, male
Moro, female
Moonshadow, female
Anubis, male
Thunderstorm, male
Silverwind, female
Other: Jessica can understand all Pokemon and always carries the sword and always wears the chocker (will be reviled later, in a private message to the writer and later in the story for readers)

keep up the good work!

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 12-09-2006, 01:05 AM
Ryenne Raleigh Offline
Elite Trainer

Aww, thank you, Daneb! I'll try to get your character in ASAP! Aww, Jessica is so pretty! Love that piccy! I'll try to squeeze her in there!

Last edited by Ryenne Raleigh; 12-09-2006 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Your really talented, Ryenne. I love it so far. Keep up the good work?

Good idea for other characters,

Name: Lezlie (Hmm, I wonder where I got that name?)
Appearance: I'll put it up today or tomorrow.
Personality: Lezlie is a energetic girl, she loves her Pokemon. She never leaves anyone behind, never.
Pokemon:
Plus (Plusle), Female.
Minus (Minun), Male.
Charmie (Charmander), Male.
Wurmple, Male.
Espi (Espeon), Female.
Jolt (Pikachu), Male.
Children are a blessing, why would anyone have it any other way?
98% of teens won't stand up for God... Repost this if you're one of the 2% who will.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Ryenne Raleigh Offline
Elite Trainer

Thank you, Entei_3000. It means a lot. I'll get Lezlie in soon!