Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Contests

Contests Participate in coordinator contests and win ribbons. Talk about contests in general in here.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:41 PM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark
Default Re: Contest Chat

You should do both.

Btw any BM,TM etc for poke has to be brought from the pokemart or can pokemno use any 4 moves.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:37 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Yes, like battles, you have to buy those TM's, etc, in order to use them.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Another thing I forgot to add: Contest Combo moves. You can find that in the Contest Moves List, at the end. Or click this link.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-04-2006, 07:27 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Jack, double posting XD

One more thing : Seeing that how slowly contests are taking place, I suggest you bend the rules slightly : Allow coordinators to take part in two battles at a time, provided he/she doesn't have too many activa battles, or something like that. You see : There aren't many contests, and the contests haven't even gone past one page, if you get what I mean. =/

~May~
Old 12-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Well, the problem with that is, we only have 4 judges right now. I've noticed we're abit slow down here and I realize it's the lack of judges. So I'll pick some more.

Speaking of forum contests, only myself and Robert have taken any. If we allowed 2 contests per person, I think it might overwhelm us. As you can see, one contest is still un0judged. 3 is enough for me. I don't want to overload my PM's and confuse different contests.

~Jack~

-| Links |-

Last edited by Jack of Clovers; 12-04-2006 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post
Well, the problem with that is, we only have 4 judges right now. I've noticed we're abit slow down here and I realize it's the lack of judges. So I'll pick some more.

~Jack~

I think you can pick and have some kind of a judge test, like reffing test. Also, is there some kind of how to become a judge? I want to try for Contest judge.

EDIT : I see what you mean, that would be too much of a good thing. XD

And besides, everyone's more active in URPG battles. Anyways..

Anyway, I have thought of a new project, that should make contests mor interesting. I've named it "James-Robert" XD. Anyway, I'm going to include several things, that can change up the concept in contests.

I'm going to make a rough draft soon, and if possible, send them to Jack tonight, and lets see if he approves them. Anyway, here's what one of the things the new plan will contain : Trainer+Coordinator contest.

Weird, huh? Indeed. This is what is going to happen : There are going to be two on two coordinator battles as well. The concept is, there's going to be a contest, first and then have a battle. Of course, there may be a separate section for coordinator battles, and can be reffed by a URPG ref. Supposing a person wins both the contest and the battle, he's the winner. If he wins a contests and loses a battle, or vice-versa, then it so happens that we(the judges) will check the points scored from the attacks, and which trainer/coordinator scores more overall, is the winner. :D

That's because this is a coordinator's contest, remember? And besides, the attacks in the battle may or may not be regarded for the contest.

For example, if it's a Beauty contest, and a trainer uses a non-compatible attack, like Smart or something, those points may count.

Of course, it all depends on Jack, whether or not he wants it.

And to prevent flooding of such contests, there's going to be a small fee, or something, and the money earned will be lesser, and no ribbons will be won. It's still not planned out properly, I'll do my best to finish it quickly. I'm also thinking of "coordinator gyms" where a coordinator can challenge the gym leader for a ribbon, or something. You get my point?

And this is going to be one of the things I'm going to plan out, keep your eys open, okay everyone?

Requesting feedback, Jack. And I'll PM you my ideas and stuff tonight, if I can get them down fast enough.

Last edited by Snow Fairy Sugar; 12-06-2006 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:59 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

I'm double posting so that everyone can see the main points of the project properly.

Here's some good news for you all.

The project is nearly complete and will kick off, if possible, by tomorrow evening.

Here's the main stuff I've finished.

1)Trainer+Coordinator Battles. Both trainers will have to pay 500$ to the referee :P to prevent flooding of such quick matches. The prizes have not been decided yet, and the trainer battles will go in the forum battles board. Of course, those victories will count in your URPG stats without the money. You'll get money only after the contest gets over. Winner gets 2,000$ and loser 1,500$ or something like that, hope Jack will take care of it. But the referee will get money; all the same. :P

2)Gym Battles

There's going to be coordinator gyms a few days later.

Of course, you need a minimum of four pokemon, and you can't borrow your gym pokemon. And there's not going to be TM's and stuff. However, there'll be ribbons, with which you can enter coordinator contests; which; if Jack gives me permission, I'm going to hold once every two months, or something. :P

There's going to be a gym leader contest tournament. Only the top eight will be selected for the gyms. There's going to be Two Elite Four. One of who, will most probably be Robert, or one very tough trainer, who does have free time on his/her hands. For now, I'll ask Robert, but it would be preferable that our judges are free.

The Gym Leader contest will come up, once I get Jack's permission. It's going to be URPG tournament, only battles, and when we're down to eight, there's going to be two contests, for determining the best gym-leaders. The money earned will be

Winner : 2,500$ (Challenger will get a ribbon, and if possible, a berry)

Loser : 1,500$.

Of course, to prevent quick money making by abusing battles, you may battle a gym leader only once a week. For example, if Jack's a gym leader, and you won/lost against him, then you may not challenge him for another week at least. That will prevent people who try to get easy money quickly. Remember, its your duty as a gym leader to discourage such things, and remember, if someone reports it, you'll be stripped off your gym-leader status, and you will not get another chance again. (Ask Jack if this is okay or not to give cheaters another chance)

That's about all, for now, I'm going to post a bit more later. No-one would want to read a super-huge post.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:11 AM
Subside Offline

Send a message via AIM to Subside Send a message via MSN to Subside

To be fair everyones trying to get to grips with the contests as its is, throwing this into the mix would over complicate and confuse everyone.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:14 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

I know, I'm trying to make it easier, I PM'ed Jack. It's not going to start until a fortnight at least.

Hopefully, we can simplify all this and get it done. :P
Old 12-06-2006, 02:59 AM
Leoblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Leoblaze

I like the Ideas May but like Yami said the contest are hard enough and this is still a bit confusing, I bet though with Jack's help it will become clearer ( I hope/ think)
Old 12-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Hello everyone, you may not believe this, but your good old Buddy May is completing the final stages of her project!

3)Readymade Pokeblocks
Okay, this consists of getting readymade pokeblocks. It's an alternative to berries, and will save us a lot of hassle in on the spot caluclations, if we have it all done before-hand.

a)Cheap pokeblocks : These are going to decrease nervousness slightly/none at all. Stats raise only slightly. :P

b)Medium range pokeblocks : Stats increase quite a bit more, nervousness is decreased considerably more.

c)High Range pokeblocks : You know, stats increase a lot, nervousness is considerably reduced.

Extra : Most expensive pokeblocks. Can bring nervousness down to zero, increases your points a lot. :o

However, I'm wondering whether we should get a catch like if you're using it on wrong pokemon, etc, it increases the nervousness by a lot. :O

Depends, I'm not sure about the last one yet, I'll just take care of it in my free time.

4)Prevention of Abusing Gym Battles

Okay, here's a catch. Seeing that coordinators are getting more money than trainers, I'm going to impose a rule. No two coordinators may have a re-match for 48 hours, and suppose a person battled a gym, no re-challenging that gym again, for at least a week. That will prevent people trying to make easy and quick money. I'll try and fix all loopholes in making quick money the dishonet way, by tomorrow.

5)Stars got during contests.

I'm considering having stars only on the basis of abilities and compatibility.

Example :

Supposing Salamence takes part in a tough contest. The ability of Salamence is "Intimidate". If no other pokemon has intimidate, then it gets four star. And, if it uses Roar during a turn, it may get five stars.

In case it happens in compatible contests, like cool, or smart, you get one star less. A Salamence (Intimidate+Roar) in tough will fetch four stars in Tough/Cool.

Now, this is where I need your help, Jack. I need some volunteers, who can make a separate move and ability list, which can earn stars. If possible, I need you, Yami, Robert, Lan and if possible; Chris, to sort this stuff out. We'll select some moves, and abilities, and sort them up. I'll get the rest down later.

So...is it okay with you guys? If you can help, please note down abilities, and cool moves, which you think can be compatible with particula contests, okay? I'll start after getting the final points down, too.

Some feedback here too, Jack?

Oh, and remember, all this is just a project, just making suggestions and stuff, Jack may edit/accept/reject it later.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Send a message via AIM to Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post

Hello everyone, you may not believe this, but your good old Buddy May is completing the final stages of her project!
Our good buddy May could confirm the fact that Jack approved the ideas before wasting time by typing out all the long posts.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

I thought we were going to discuss this over PM. Oh well, since it's here:
Quote:
Here's the main stuff I've finished.

1)Trainer+Coordinator Battles. Both trainers will have to pay 500$ to the referee :P to prevent flooding of such quick matches. The prizes have not been decided yet, and the trainer battles will go in the forum battles board. Of course, those victories will count in your URPG stats without the money. You'll get money only after the contest gets over. Winner gets 2,000$ and loser 1,500$ or something like that, hope Jack will take care of it. But the referee will get money; all the same. :P
Battlers aren't gong to pay the Ref/Judge. Not going to happen.
Quote:
2)Gym Battles

There's going to be coordinator gyms a few days later.

Of course, you need a minimum of four pokemon, and you can't borrow your gym pokemon. And there's not going to be TM's and stuff. However, there'll be ribbons, with which you can enter coordinator contests; which; if Jack gives me permission, I'm going to hold once every two months, or something. :P

There's going to be a gym leader contest tournament. Only the top eight will be selected for the gyms. There's going to be Two Elite Four. One of who, will most probably be Robert, or one very tough trainer, who does have free time on his/her hands. For now, I'll ask Robert, but it would be preferable that our judges are free.

The Gym Leader contest will come up, once I get Jack's permission. It's going to be URPG tournament, only battles, and when we're down to eight, there's going to be two contests, for determining the best gym-leaders. The money earned will be

Winner : 2,500$ (Challenger will get a ribbon, and if possible, a berry)

Loser : 1,500$.

Of course, to prevent quick money making by abusing battles, you may battle a gym leader only once a week. For example, if Jack's a gym leader, and you won/lost against him, then you may not challenge him for another week at least. That will prevent people who try to get easy money quickly. Remember, its your duty as a gym leader to discourage such things, and remember, if someone reports it, you'll be stripped off your gym-leader status, and you will not get another chance again. (Ask Jack if this is okay or not to give cheaters another chance)

That's about all, for now, I'm going to post a bit more later. No-one would want to read a super-huge post.
Contest Gyms won't happen for quite a while. People need to have the basic understanding of contests first. We basically need more Coordinators and more interest first.
Quote:
3)Readymade Pokeblocks
Okay, this consists of getting readymade pokeblocks. It's an alternative to berries, and will save us a lot of hassle in on the spot caluclations, if we have it all done before-hand.

a)Cheap pokeblocks : These are going to decrease nervousness slightly/none at all. Stats raise only slightly. :P

b)Medium range pokeblocks : Stats increase quite a bit more, nervousness is decreased considerably more.

c)High Range pokeblocks : You know, stats increase a lot, nervousness is considerably reduced.

Extra : Most expensive pokeblocks. Can bring nervousness down to zero, increases your points a lot. :o

However, I'm wondering whether we should get a catch like if you're using it on wrong pokemon, etc, it increases the nervousness by a lot. :O

Depends, I'm not sure about the last one yet, I'll just take care of it in my free time.
Blending is fine enough for all our Pokeblocks needs.
Quote:
4)Prevention of Abusing Gym Battles

Okay, here's a catch. Seeing that coordinators are getting more money than trainers, I'm going to impose a rule. No two coordinators may have a re-match for 48 hours, and suppose a person battled a gym, no re-challenging that gym again, for at least a week. That will prevent people trying to make easy and quick money. I'll try and fix all loopholes in making quick money the dishonet way, by tomorrow.
We aren't going to restrict battles/contests. We ony do it over the forum to prevent so many threads from being created.
Quote:
5)Stars got during contests.

I'm considering having stars only on the basis of abilities and compatibility.

Example :

Supposing Salamence takes part in a tough contest. The ability of Salamence is "Intimidate". If no other pokemon has intimidate, then it gets four star. And, if it uses Roar during a turn, it may get five stars.

In case it happens in compatible contests, like cool, or smart, you get one star less. A Salamence (Intimidate+Roar) in tough will fetch four stars in Tough/Cool.

Now, this is where I need your help, Jack. I need some volunteers, who can make a separate move and ability list, which can earn stars. If possible, I need you, Yami, Robert, Lan and if possible; Chris, to sort this stuff out. We'll select some moves, and abilities, and sort them up. I'll get the rest down later.

So...is it okay with you guys? If you can help, please note down abilities, and cool moves, which you think can be compatible with particula contests, okay? I'll start after getting the final points down, too.

Some feedback here too, Jack?

Oh, and remember, all this is just a project, just making suggestions and stuff, Jack may edit/accept/reject it later.
Yes, this is what I'm looking for. A system of judging battles during the contest. I like the Intimidate/Roar combo. This'll probably take the longest to work out, which is all I need to know in order to initiate Anime-like contests (which still won't happen for quite a while).

May, start a new thread to discuss this star system and employ help. It'll be easier to organize that way.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Subside Offline

Send a message via AIM to Subside Send a message via MSN to Subside

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post

People need to have the basic understanding of contests first. We basically need more Coordinators and more interest first.
So, why already try and have these contest/battles when the contest area's aren't what anyone would call active at the moment? There is little interest in the contests at the moment and i don't see how this will help.

I thought the contests were supposed to be something completely different to the battling half of the URPG, combining them seems too complicated and takes the fun out of contests.

I say it should be put to a vote when the contests become more active.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Fossil Fusion Offline
Ride On

Send a message via AIM to Fossil Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic_Despair View Post
So, why already try and have these contest/battles when the contest area's aren't what anyone would call active at the moment? There is little interest in the contests at the moment and i don't see how this will help.

I thought the contests were supposed to be something completely different to the battling half of the URPG, combining them seems too complicated and takes the fun out of contests.

I say it should be put to a vote when the contests become more active.
I agree with this, but i think GBA contests take less time than anime like ones... Plus people are mostly familiar with the GBA contests and know how they work mostly.