Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 07-29-2004, 12:31 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven
Default Re: Just Wondering...

That's stupid to say they are copying. I mean just because they're similar doesn't mean anything. It's like saying the inventors of the plane were copying the fan.

I mean with so many pokemon and digimon, you're bound to have some that look similar. I mean a cactus is something that everyone knows about. but if they were to make something like a dinosaur with bananas on it's head, and there's another like it, then that's copying. It's the onles that are more specific that can be counted. I mean seeing a Tropius look alike... well that's just like copying.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:59 AM
gold Offline
Banned

Good point.
Though digimon look more humanoid the actual idea is pretty weak.
I mean, the first series was hooking, the second a slight disapointment and the third....It's like kanto johto and hoenn.
In the first series there are all the originals, in the second there are some new ones thrown in and in the third everything is forgotten and replaced with (supposedly) cool stuff.
All anime is similar, especially the mon's. You kn ow, digi, poke, rancher, all that stuff.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Hamtareon Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hamtareon Send a message via MSN to Hamtareon Send a message via Yahoo to Hamtareon

You want a true Digimon rip-off? There's two: Porygon and Porygon2. They are both digital monsters, meaning they are digimon. XD
Old 07-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos

The pics ML showed DO resemble Rayquaza, Charizard(or Rydon), and Cacturn(in the order of the pics. But a better pic for the second one would be Ex-Veemon

Scyther and Kabutops resemble Snimon

Solrock has the resemblence of Solarmon

Charmander copied Agumon

Primeape copied Mojomon

It copied the Egg Idea

--------------

I could go on and on about what they copied, it ain't even funny.
Anyway Digimon was made first, so Pokemon copied Digimon, End of Story.

Yeah, That's right, I'm calling you out WAR Teams. Your going down!
Old 07-29-2004, 04:54 PM
art Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to art Send a message via MSN to art

Uhm, maybe those copied pokémon

miyavi is the hotness
Old 07-30-2004, 03:26 AM
Crummie Offline

Send a message via AIM to Crummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
The pics ML showed DO resemble Rayquaza, Charizard(or Rydon), and Cacturn(in the order of the pics. But a better pic for the second one would be Ex-Veemon

Scyther and Kabutops resemble Snimon

Solrock has the resemblence of Solarmon

Charmander copied Agumon

Primeape copied Mojomon

It copied the Egg Idea

--------------

I could go on and on about what they copied, it ain't even funny.
Anyway Digimon was made first, so Pokemon copied Digimon, End of Story.

Give it a break! That's like saying LBJ and 50 Cent look alike too! Just a few coincidences with each other...
Old 08-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

I think each Pokemon is unique. Tajiri Satoshi and the other makers of the Pokemon characters are better than to copy off something esle like that. As for those pictures above, I don't see why anyone would think they are ripoffs. The first looks like a armored type of asian dragon. Anyone should be able to make something like that. But Rayquaza certainly looks different. Basharmo (Blaziken) looks alot taller and more human like in figure than that second one, and again, it doesn't have that armor stuff. And, like the first example, it's also not a crime to make a Pokemon that looks like a cactus even though there's a Digimon that looks like one. Sabonea (Cacnea) and Noctus (Cacturne) still look plenty different. I can see your point in comparing them, but I hardly think the Pokemon are ripoffs of the Digimon.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 08-10-2004, 12:53 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

#1: Don't bump really old threads.. this thread's been idle for well over a week and stuff...

#2: At pic 2: I was thinking Blaziken, both Flamedramon and Blaziken are physical fighter type monsters with the ability to use fire attacks, I thought that was interesting.

Anyways, the 3 I posted were only in response to the question of which pokemon have been accused of being Digimon ripoffs.

And as for inanimate objects: Porygon was pretty well animated despite being an inanimate object, and looks like no digimon I know