Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Leoblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Leoblaze
Default Re: Why? Why?

What I dont get is when a pokemon that needs a stone to evolve they touch it and evolve on the spot. But when Pickachu smacked the stone out of Ash's hands he didnt evolve. Meowth is really bad at fightting. All he does is scratch and fury swipes. Also does he really hate all Persians or is it just Giovoni's Persian?
Old 10-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Oz Ranger Offline
Amateur Trainer

Well, Pikachu won't accept the Thunderstone, as they said. But think about this: it is the face of the Pokemon franchise. Losing Pikachu would mean the loss of a tradition. I can't really say much more.

Meowth, he spent knowledge walking, talking etc. etc.

I am back, with the Hellfire Monkey of PWNage!
Old 10-22-2006, 03:28 AM
Pika-pika Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoblaze View Post
What I dont get is when a pokemon that needs a stone to evolve they touch it and evolve on the spot. But when Pickachu smacked the stone out of Ash's hands he didnt evolve. Meowth is really bad at fightting. All he does is scratch and fury swipes. Also does he really hate all Persians or is it just Giovoni's Persian?
I think to evolve by evolution stones they have to:

A) Touch the stone long enough for them to start glowing.
B) Wish to evolve while touching the stone.

And Neowth hates all Persian because he stereotypes them to be like Giovanni's.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
Meowth despises all Persian - why would he want to become one?
You have a point. But as they say"If you can't beat them, join them."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
If Pikachu evolved, that would cause a royal mess. Usually you'll see at least one Pikachu besides every instance or depiction of anything Pokemon. You have him evolve and you're essentially changing Pokemon's main representative character.

It would essentially be the same thing as changing around Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny. You just can't do that.
You also have a point. Ok now for my reason:They are afraid that if they evolve Pikachu, they will lose their popularity. And as for Meowth, he's stubborn, he hates Persain, Tr would have to get a new balloon, and Gonzap would have to change his avatar. Plus , Persian are supposed to look elegant and royal. Meowth has that scratchy street accent. Some Persian would have to clear the word Persain!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Fire Bird Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post
Meowth never battles because he's too weak. He spent all his knowledge trying to talk rather than train and learn moves (like Pay Day).

And Pikachu, evolving into Raichu? Raichu isn't cute enough to be the main attraction.

~Jack~
I was about to put the exact same thing down but it looks like someone else already did! So I guess I will just support what lil_leprachaun said!