Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:44 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default IGN: Pokemon 10-Year Retrospective!

IGN: Pokemon 10-Year Retrospective!
-09/28/06-

Gaming site IGN posted an article about 10 years of Pokemon:

From IGN:
It's happening again. You shouldn't be surprised. You know how successful they've been - how deeply ingrained they've become. You knew it was only a matter of time before they, the Pokemon, mounted yet another invasion. Now it's happening again, and you'd do well to prepare yourself.

The fourth generation in the Pokemon series debuts in Japan this week, with the release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl on the Nintendo DS. The new adventures follow the long-established Pokemon RPG formula, adding new monsters to catch and new ways to interact with other players - like Nintendo Wi-Fi support. The games are expected to sell millions in Japan, as well as here in the States - but American gamers will have to wait. Diamond and Pearl won't be coming to other markets until next year.

Because waiting is hard to do, we present this retrospective. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Pokemon series, and the brand has proven its staying power over the past decade with the release of over 30 different handheld and console titles. Here, in chronological order by release, is a look back on the history of the entire series, and IGN's coverage of each game. Click the boxarts to jump to our reviews, and the screenshots to head to our media pages.

The next invasion is coming - it's happening again. You'd do well to prepare yourself.

---

Pokemon came out of nowhere 10 years ago. No one thought its popularity would last. They called it a fad, they predicted its downfall. But Pikachu and his crew are still going strong. With new adventures, more advanced gameplay and hundreds more monsters than ever before, the series has proven its staying power. It wouldn't surprise us to see Pokemon still staying active for another full decade - because we still gotta catch 'em all.

To read the full article, go here: http://ds.ign.com/articles/735/735858p1.html

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries
Default Re: IGN: Pokemon 10-Year Retrospective!

Pokemon really has come a long way ... from crude, pixalated games to almost realistic ones, from rough-start cartoon to world-wide success (kinda). I love you, Pokemon. 10 years strong and 10 more to come! XD (Yay!!)

Bunny of Doom!
Click here to go to safety.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_of_aries View Post
Pokemon really has come a long way ... from crude, pixalated games to almost realistic ones, from rough-start cartoon to world-wide success (kinda). I love you, Pokemon. 10 years strong and 10 more to come! XD (Yay!!)
IMHO, the start of the pokemon anime was the best of the whole thing ;)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I remember my brother and I waking up early to watch Pokemon. Those were such crazy days...

It's been a great ten years, and a lot has happened since it's been released. I hope it continues going on strong.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Here it was shown in the afternoon...Battle Aboard the St. Anne was the first episode ever shown :D

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 09-28-2006, 11:52 PM
bulbastud Offline
Experienced Trainer

aawww. i remember the first day i met pokemon..it was in a news article that the show put more than a hundred japanese kids into the hospital by seizure attacks caused by flashing lights...thats when i wanted to watch pokemon.

bulb @ 25
ivy@ 58
vena@ 106
masta @ 310

thanks takei&nick1995
Old 09-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Poltergeist Offline

Red was my first game I ever bought.So many memorys. Lets hope the next generation turns out better than this one. Happy 10th anniversary!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:57 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries

Here's hoping Pokemon continues to go strong 10 more years! XD

Bunny of Doom!
Click here to go to safety.