Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.


View Poll Results: Witch company do you prefer?
Sony 11 20.37%
Nintendo 30 55.56%
Microsoft 3 5.56%
To close I love them all! 9 16.67%
They all suck 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 09-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Ham and Cheese's Avatar
Ham and Cheese Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: wow, i'm back?
Posts: 2,036
Send a message via AIM to Ham and Cheese
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

Argh, just because games are rated M DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE GOOD.

Christ, so narrow-minded.
__________________
Cipher Lord x Ham And Cheese
  #32  
Old 09-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,852
Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgbri View Post
I only know 1 adult that plays videogames. But still adults play games but kids play them more often.
You've never played Xbox Live. >_____>

I play tons of adults, and alot of them seem to be high.

@ NGA: Lots of good games are T :)

Sure not all games rated M are good, but most of them are.
__________________
  #33  
Old 09-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Ham and Cheese's Avatar
Ham and Cheese Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: wow, i'm back?
Posts: 2,036
Send a message via AIM to Ham and Cheese
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

Oh yeah, I mean, what good game ISN'T rated T nowadays?

It's just that when people judge a game's quality based on its rating, it's just so...stupid.
__________________
Cipher Lord x Ham And Cheese
  #34  
Old 09-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Firefox's Avatar
Firefox Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada. ^_^
Posts: 84
Send a message via AIM to Firefox Send a message via MSN to Firefox Send a message via Yahoo to Firefox
Default Re: Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft?

Wow, I have video game systems from each company. I really don't think I'd be able to choose... :/
  #35  
Old 09-09-2006, 10:34 PM
vgbri's Avatar
vgbri Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Deep down under your feet
Posts: 454
Send a message via Yahoo to vgbri
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham and Cheese View Post
Oh yeah, I mean, what good game ISN'T rated T nowadays?

It's just that when people judge a game's quality based on its rating, it's just so...stupid.
I like all rated games but 90% of my games are T and they are the best games I've ever played but still Halo and Kingdom Hearts are loads of fun so I usualy don't judge a game by it's rating. I look it up on the internet and read the forums on Gamespot.com before I go shopping.
__________________
How do you make a sig? Oh wait I think I got it........ I got nothing.
vg stands for video games in my user name. Nothing else. Or else.
I know where you live! But where do I live? Deep down under your feet. How do you het there. DIE by clicking here!:
I will be waiting for you!
  #36  
Old 09-10-2006, 04:57 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Who cares? I don't buy games because of the company it comes from. I buy good games. These stupid "Xbox/PS2/Nintendo sux! Xbox/PS2/Nintendo rules!" fanboys drive me insane because they simply cannot think for themselves.

Games companies want this stupid "You can only like one of us" ideology because it sells their product. Just buy the games you like from whichever company it would happen to come from.
Agreed. I still have no idea why people are rooting for a company or not. This isn't a sport, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypocrisy Is Fun! View Post
They're all differnt, comparing them is stupid.
Aside from the fact that M$ and Sony are competing for the same niche in the maturing genres industry, yes you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvertrevnI View Post
Apple computers=t3h PWNzorz.

I can do simply incredible things by manipulting my OS. ask my about Scripting them.
Linux. I think that already killed everything else. XD
  #37  
Old 09-10-2006, 05:23 AM
bigbadblaziken's Avatar
bigbadblaziken Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: eta island
Posts: 147
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

i say sony because hands down they will always have the best graphics but the most xpensive systtems micrsoft is stupid and nintendo is surviving only because of their hand held systems
__________________


VPP
Level 100@324
  #38  
Old 09-10-2006, 05:35 AM
crystal_wolf's Avatar
crystal_wolf Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DUR DUR DUR DUR
Posts: 245
Send a message via MSN to crystal_wolf Send a message via Yahoo to crystal_wolf
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

I would've said that i liked all of them, but I played 2 of sony's online games( everquest, everquest 2) and they were pretty cool with the graphics and all
__________________

Embrace the heresy

Avvie and sig made by me. :)
  #39  
Old 09-10-2006, 06:14 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadblaziken View Post
i say sony because hands down they will always have the best graphics but the most xpensive systtems micrsoft is stupid and nintendo is surviving only because of their hand held systems
So basically you're saying that you're willing to pay more than the price of the other two systems combined for the power of a system that is not even close to 1.5 times more powerful than both the other systems combined?

Understand that this isn't about graphics anymore. I looked at gameplay graphics of an Xbox 360 and already it's gotten so real that really the only things you can improve upon are the individual strands of hair or how the blood would splatter across the screen. Does that really matter that much?

And you claim that Microsoft is stupid. Can you back that statment up instead of just spewing it out? Hey, I'm not particularly fond of Microsoft myself, but it's for valid reasons on their Windows platform. This has no relation with the Xbox 360, and I won't let that cloud my judgement of the system. However, stating that Microsoft is stupid is obviously not a valid reason for not liking a system.

Nintendo has always been known for their success in handhelds and having low-budget "genre kings" (thanks Danc) like Animal Crossing. It's been proven that Nintendo's strategy of innovation is the driving force behind the company's profit. They have no need to refine an already established genre, nor should they, since the cost of development increases exponentially while the revenue decreases over the genre's maturity. Take for example GTA. I can safely say that GTA 3 had been the best seller of all of the Rockstar's takes on the series. Why? GTA 3 innovative. It was new. Everybody wants a piece of it. GTA: Vice City? Pretty much the same thing, except better graphics and what not. The initial lure of GTA 3 is already lost, and the franchise has been shown to slowly lose sales. This is true of all genres. Nintendo, by breaking out into creating other genres, continue to make low-budget, high revenue games, and are raking in the profits that way. The move to the Wii was no surprise. It was new, innovative, and generally created the same feel that GTA 3 had. Low-budget, high profit.
  #40  
Old 09-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Jet's Avatar
Jet Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: "3 stars and a sun"
Posts: 3,094
Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

I luv all!!! ;3 I voted allzzz!!! /sarcasm <crap I did vote =/>

its not a good idea to compare those, because it's all about the games... If Pokémon was in Sony, would you like Sony better? if... some famous sony character (can't think of any right now... as if Crash Bandicoot is...) is in Nintendo, would you like Nintendo more?
__________________
  #41  
Old 09-10-2006, 02:14 PM
RedRoninMan's Avatar
RedRoninMan Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Warsaw,September 1944
Posts: 918
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

Nintendo will always be my favorite.
  #42  
Old 09-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Dilop's Avatar
Dilop Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nevada, USA.
Posts: 485
Send a message via AIM to Dilop
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

Nintendo provides the best games, in my opinion.
__________________

Hatch@476 - Ev@581 - Lv@761

I love you, Chloe~ <3 [VPP Stats]
  #43  
Old 09-10-2006, 03:22 PM
GaryEX Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rucker Park courts
Posts: 799
Send a message via Yahoo to GaryEX
Default Re: Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
Wow, I have video game systems from each company. I really don't think I'd be able to choose... :/
Dude, you are so lucky!
  #44  
Old 09-15-2006, 06:01 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,852
Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Aside from the fact that M$ and Sony are competing for the same niche in the maturing genres industry, yes you are right.
__________________
  #45  
Old 09-15-2006, 06:10 AM
Oz Ranger's Avatar
Oz Ranger Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 63
Default Re: Sony Nintendo or Microsoft?

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, Nintendo. They are most consistent with the amount of fantastic games they pump out, so they deserve the products to be bought.
__________________

I am back, with the Hellfire Monkey of PWNage!
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com