Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Man, I'm just having a blah writing week. I can't finish a chapter of NF, I haven't written a Songfic for war.

A note for songficcers: Go read Brian Powell - he has like twenty of them in the Completed Fics section at Serebeth.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Kayden Javlaíakín Offline

A Small Note:

Chapter One of Nefarious Serendipity will be posted tommorow. If it isn´t, shoot me.

Ermm... yeah. That´s all I wanted to say. :P

yeah yeah yeah
Old 07-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Blar, part one of Chapter One for Keepers of the Light is up. Meh, kinda short, but, that's just because I wanted to do the intro for the One Piece part seperately, so it'd look better.

Part two should be up soon ^^, and I intend for it to be longer than part one.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 07-29-2006, 02:10 AM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

What do you think of this little scene I just wrote? Here she is...

Prologue

Mist curled upwards across the fertile plain. Sheets of clouds above were illuminated in the twilight sky. Above the jagged dark-green line of trees was clouds were splattered dull red, slowly becoming a brighter hue. Orange and gold lingered in the sky, and faintly green shone down upon the villagers of a town that hung to the bank of the River York.

One of these villagers, a boy by the name of Ross, sat upon the moist earth. He gazed up at the sky, a light blue shone momentarily above the faint green and slowly mixed with lavender, stretching to the west towards the perilous Torra Mountains. The moon hung low above them, sending glacial reflections towards the heavens.

Ross carefully brushed the dirt off of the medallion he fingered in his left hand. It shone as the eyes of a Mightyena did when on the chase. It felt as a ring just out of the furnace and cooling in a jar of water did. But the amber it shone was purer, more gold than not. And the heat it gave off was not of the kind that burned, but of the kind that made one stronger and purer.

He noted the mark of a volcano, etched into the middle of the circular medallion with bronze.

He knew what this meant. He knew what would happen. Before he could blink, the Holy Wizards would be upon him. Those corrupt paladins would sweep him into their clutch and never let him go.

And there was only one thing he could do about it.

NOTE: This is intended to be the prologue for the first of a pokefic fantasy trilogy -

I - Runecraft
II - Witchcraft
III - Starcraft

I know this sounds stupid, but I just wondered how good it was.

Woot, I finished my crappy songfic.

Uh yeah, for all who care, Now and Forever's Chapter Six, Part Two will not be posted for a week or so. Possibly, with lots of luck, early Sunday morn. Ah, what am I kiddin', it won't be Sunday, or tonight, or Saturday, or next week Friday. About a week and a half.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Nice, Scep. I like it!

I don't write on the forum much, but now I am. I just need help. It's a story of a carefree Poocheyena living perfectly, then how he got morphed into a shadow Pokemon. Any idea for a title? I'm thinking of calling it "Shadows Can't Darken Love" but not sure.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:43 AM
katiekitten Offline

Scep, it's nice! Good use of description, although maybe a little stop-start with the first sentences. (Short sentences, one after the other... Probably just me though. XD) I really liked it!

Grum... Hows about just Shadows? The Darkness Within? XD

I could use some help with a oneshot of mine...

What I have writen so far:

Immortality. How many have gazed at me with envious eyes for this so called gift? The ability, through no fault of my own, to never age, never fear that I will not see the oncoming day. To watch as your loved ones age and die while you remain young. To weep as all that you have strived to create, crumbles to dust at your feet.

I have been here since the beginning, since the creation. I watched the unrivalled fury of nature unleashed upon the world, bubbling angrily and exploding in outrage. I watched the first drop of water fall to the steaming surface of a river of fire, cooling it for a single second, a second that seemed to last for ever. I don’t know how I came to be. I just remember opening my eyes for the first time, and knowing what I had to do.

I was the one who gave life to the first creature of this world. My home. I have watched over it, cared for it, soothed its worries and mended its hurts. I’ve loved, I’ve lost. All for this.

Words fail me as I gaze upon the destruction. Fires, different from the beginning, rage over the land, eating away at the hollowed shells that were once dwellings. The once glorious seas, sickly with age, crawl away and throw themselves into the fiery chasms that split the earth. The sky is in turmoil: Black thunderheads wage war on the noxious, yellow gasses that escape from deep underground, covering the lungs and suffocating you with its foul poison. Even heavens guardian is gone; the moon shattered; its jagged edges similar to those that frame the fallen pieces of my heart.

I remember when the world was young, how I laughed and played in the new sprung rivers and streams, dancing under the eaves of the maple I’d claimed my own. Everything was new: taste, sound, smell, touch, and sight, oh, the wonderful sights! I saw the first rainbow; I marvelled at the deadly beauty of the glaciers, I watched the first flower bloom. Everything was fantastic: the berries sweet, the water crisp and cool. Lazy days of sunshine, dancing in the falling rain... What memories I have. To me back then, the world was a candy store. But as I matured, I grew to understand that I was not meant to be alone in this wonderful place. So I created life.

Before that moment my power had lain dormant, unneeded but close to the surface, in easy reach. I drew a little of my power, the size of an oak sapling and stood it before me. I was planning to create another like me; the instructions clear in my mind as if I had always known them. I was to shape the creature before giving life to it. So I did.

Smoothing, patting, rounding, I worked the magic like clay. I could see it clearly before me as grey as stone, dead and lifeless. Slowly a shape emerged, a simplified version of myself, with large, rounded off ears, a small, tubby body. Tapping into my telekinetic power I gave it eyes and a nose, a mouth. Squinting, I focused on creating each individual hair. Hours past, it was approaching nightfall when I finally finished it. Going to the river, I scooped up water and suspended it in mid air, carrying to the figure. Closing my eyes I saturated my breath with power and breathed on the liquid, causing to sparkle like the stars far overhead before covering the figure.

Color, flesh, fur; they sprang up under the waters touch and spread down like a wildfire, crackling slightly with the power. I watched with baited breath as my creation came to life, stirring and muttering feebly. The water reached its feet and sank into the ground, each seed that it came in contact with bursting open and growing at amazing speeds, raising trumpeted heads triumphantly to the sky. The golden fire faded, leaving the small quivering figure. Its ears twitched, turning this way and that, and it seemed to be gathering up its courage. Cautiously it opened a sparkling, golden brown eye.

It was a strange creature, with muddy pink fur with odd pink splotches appearing here and there. It tottered around on its two feet as if it was on the verge of falling over; I must admit, I was not a very good sculptor. But what skills I did have would have to do. I walked around it, examining it from all angles. I had forgotten its tail in my excitement, which worsened its balancing problem. I felt sorry for it, patting it carefully on the back, and floating back to its front. It had watched me the entire time, eyes wide with fear. I smiled, trying to reassure it. It seemed to work, its eyes slowly closed so it didn’t look so scared. Opening its mouth, it ran its tongue nervously over its teeth before trying to speak for the first time.

“Wher… Whe.. Where am I?” It managed to ask, looking around with wonder in its eyes. I smiled again.

“Earth,” I replied, happiness clear in my voice. I had done it! “Welcome to life, little one! What is your name?

“I… I… Don’t know…” It managed to say, head lowering. It obviously felt sad that it didn’t even know its name. Poor thing. I could barely understand what it was saying; it was speaking in a foreign tongue. I had to use my telepathic power to divulge the meaning.

I tried to find a way to reassure it, thinking through the possibilities. Of course it knew its name, it just had to find it…

“Think hard, young one. Try and remember something from before here.”

It frowned with concentration, forehead wrinkling.

“I remember… I remember… Light? Yes, lots of pure, white light…” It closed its eyes to help itself remember. Its eyebrows suddenly shot up, and its eyes snapped open, and a smile began to twitch up the corners of her mouth. “My name! I know my name! It’s… Sp…in…da! Spinda! My name is Spinda!” It started to jump up and down excitedly, barely able to contain its excitement. I smiled, remembering my first hours on the world.

Gone. Happiness, childish innocence, all gone; drowned by the sands of time. I will never forget how I felt that day, the joy and glee I felt as I greeted my new friend. I never discovered the origin of its name, but does that matter? No. For years we lived together, playing, talking, or just simply staring up at the periwinkle sky. With her, I created many more creatures, each as wonderful as the last. But they refused to stay, disappearing into the depths of the forest, or diving into the deep waters of the seas. After Spinda, I always created two, so that the specie could continue. I created Spinda a husband; they lived in a cave near my tree. Until that, final, horrible day. The day she died.

I was alone again.

I can’t remember how long I cried. Just dim, miserable memories of hiding away in my home, isolated from the outside world. Remembering what once was. I can still see her face, even now. It was a fate worse than death.

By the time I emerged from my despair, many years had passed. Those creatures I had created had spread, populating the planet. Some had died out, which hurt me, but most remained. It seemed that I was not the only guardian, there were many more, scattered across the land. I was glad. I was not certain if I could yet deal with this new world.

I was planning on continuing this, going through her life until I get to where I began. There is going to be a brief love affair, (if I can write it... XD) and the development of the human race that ends in total destruction. I just think the whole thing will be too long, and will get boring. What I put there is all I have written. I am having difficulty continuing, for I don't want to make it long-winded... It is going to be miserable, (typical. XD) but it will be fun to write. I hope. =D

Banner by me. Image used in banner by sakimichan on subeta. Character is mine. =3

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX

Last edited by katiekitten; 07-30-2006 at 04:51 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:49 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer View Post
Blar, my War songfic is kinda short...I'm hoping it's good enough though. I'm banking on the fact that I used the actual song lyrics in the fic might get me a point...
lol you're not the only one who did it, though. :P
Old 07-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Check this one out. I wrote it yesterday.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=20262

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 07-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiekitten View Post
Scep, it's nice! Good use of description, although maybe a little stop-start with the first sentences. (Short sentences, one after the other... Probably just me though. XD) I really liked it!

The Darkness Within?
I actually like it. It's no longer title pending, and I'm working on the first chapter. That was a prolouge.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:51 PM
katiekitten Offline

...Help? Pwease? ;_;

Banner by me. Image used in banner by sakimichan on subeta. Character is mine. =3

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 07-31-2006, 03:42 PM
Th3DazeGrace Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Th3DazeGrace

Eh, Could someone, ANYONE rate my fic, the lack of replies is getting pretty depressing if you know what i mean.

its .:Trials of Friendship:.

It would be appriciated

p.s. dont go soft on me cause im a n00b, i want to know what needs fixed.

Thanks to Alice_the_dratini for the card
Old 08-02-2006, 07:47 PM
katiekitten Offline

XD Don't get depressed. I myself haven't gotten more then three reviews since christmas. XD

Edit: Neo? Is it alright if I link to another version I have of bunny king? I really want to know which version is better. When you're reviewing could you take a peek at the other and let me know which is better? It's on Serebii, you see.

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX

Last edited by katiekitten; 08-02-2006 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I'm already so booked when it comes to reading stuff. >_>

If you want me to read and review something else, that's fine, but I've been... busy and distracted with other stuff...

Old 08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
katiekitten Offline

XD That's fine. =D

...I really need to try and write some comedy again. My last attempt was... interesting. XD

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 08-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Ace Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ace Send a message via MSN to Ace

I've decided to start another Fan Fiction here ever since I disappeared and came back.

It's called The Necromancer's Upheaval if you're interested, and this time its not as dead set on war as I usually am. So I guess it'll a unique experence for everyone, hopefully.