Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:19 AM
TehD00de Offline
Experienced Trainer

Cool Someone help me out here, specifics!!

Hey dudes, it's me again.

Listen I got two teams, 2v2 and 1v1, and on my 1v1 team something just seems out of place with my Milotic, someone give me some possible replacements!
There's only three rules I set for myself:
one, I keep my teams edition exclusive (meaning, even though I could get Mewtwo from fire red for my emerald team, Mewtwo comes from the first edition; just as Lugia is from the second, etc.).
two, I keep my teams seperate, no one pokemon can be on both teams (my 2v2 team has Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Salamence, Groudon, Slaking)
three, I play the Colosseum, so no two of my pokemon can hold the same item either.

Here's what I got so far:
Rayuaza / Hasty
@ Scope Lens
Hyper Beam, Outrage, Surf, Fire Blast
EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Attack
(Rayquaza works in synch with Jirachi; Jirachi's weak against fire and ground types, Rayquaza beats 'em both with Surf and resistances; fire blast schools ice types; outrage kills every other dragon type - even Kingdra - in one shot; hyper beam so I can trick up Blissey and Kyogre)

Milotic / Bold
@ Lum Berry
Surf, Ice Beam, Mirror Coat, Recover
EV's: 84 HP, 252 Defense, 12 Speed, 106 Special Attack, 56 Speed
(Move set seems too easy with surf, ice beam and recover. Lum Berry + Mirror Coat = goodbye electric types and no chance of paralysis to mess it up)

Deoxys / Serious (that's right, I got Deoxys onto the Colosseum)
@ Choice Band
Extremespeed, Shadow Ball, Superpower, Psycho Boost
EV's: 168 speed, 168 attack, 164 special attack, 10 HP
(Psycho boost's too good to pass up; superpower kills every ice type, Slaking and Snorlax (!!!) in one hit, also Tyranitar; shadow ball beats every psychic type except mewtwo (barely) and Lugia; extremespeed for picking off weak ones)

Blaziken / Hasty
@ Salac Berry
Endure, Reversal, Overheat, Rock Slide
EV's: 262 attack, 228 speed, 24 special attack
(Hasty makes him get down to 1 HP easier with endure, then I reversal / overheat everything to death; and overheat's plenty powerful thanks to blaze. Ev's make it so after I eat salac berry, I'm faster than every pokemon at base speed, faster than everything that has Chlorophyll, and most things that have swift swim. Rock Slide so I can cause flinch to weaken 'em for reversal or overheat)

Registeel / Calm
@ Leftovers
Iron Defense, Amnesia, Toxic, Rest
EV's: 12 HP, 246 Defense, 252 Special Defense
(must I explain it? anyhow the EV's for HP allow max heal from leftovers, and my defenses are put to the best use. Best toxistaller because he won't feel a Synchronize, and has a fair bit of resistances and few weaknesses)

If there's some aspect of the 1v1 game I'm missing please point it out to me so I can work with it a few minutes.
Here's my alternatives, tried and failed:

Charizard / Timid
@ Focus Band
Blast Burn, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Earthquake
EV's: 252 Special attack, 252 speed, 6 attack
(flamethrower, dragon claw, earthquake accordingly. When focus band happens, blast burn hurts BAD)

Regirock / Careful
@ Silk Scarf
Curse, Ancientpower, Earthquake, Explosion
EV's: 252 attack, 252 special defense, 6 defense
(curse up and sweep; or, explosion can one-hit KO anything with the silk scarf without using curse)

Right, any suggestions are welcome, just don't give the garbage about how 00bers are banned; I'm a host, and they're always welcome, because, there's an easy way to beat everything. End of discussion, peace / out.